PDA

View Full Version : Agm

RIP
07-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Is it not usually around this time of year? Sorry if there's a thread about this already. I used a proxy to attend in 2013

When LD came to the club her focus was on the football department. Now in her latest interview all she seemed to talk about was the consultation process. I'm worried that the Leeann/David Forsyth consultation has already been sullied by this rumour that they've been trying to line up candidates for the 2 board positions.

Is it just me or does it seem a bit rushed? Is Rod is trying to push this through to announce at the AGM?

KeithTheHibby
07-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Is it not usually around this time of year? Sorry if there's a thread about this already. I used a proxy to attend in 2013

When LD came to the club her focus was on the football department. Now in her latest interview all she seemed to talk about was the consultation process. I'm worried that the Leeann/David Forsyth consultation has already been sullied by this rumour that they've been trying to line up candidates for the 2 board positions.

Is it just me or does it seem a bit rushed? Is Rod is trying to push this through to announce at the AGM?

When they announce the financial results to the end of July 2014 they will at the same time announce the AGM date. The release of the annual accounts does seem late in comparison to previous years.

craigmounthibby
07-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Expect the agm to happen in November.

Peevemor
07-10-2014, 11:16 PM
When they announce the financial results to the end of July 2014 they will at the same time announce the AGM date. The release of the annual accounts does seem late in comparison to previous years.

There could be a number of reasons for this. I wonder if there's maybe something in the offing which would require EGM (creation of new shares for a potential investor for example) and they're looking to kill two birds with one stone. :dunno:

monktonharp
08-10-2014, 12:37 AM
When they announce the financial results to the end of July 2014 they will at the same time announce the AGM date. The release of the annual accounts does seem late in comparison to previous years. The results to, the end of July? not at the end of July? that was a few months ago now. thought these things had an April bench mark ? for tax purposes? admittedly I have no idea about these matters.

IWasThere2016
08-10-2014, 04:03 AM
The results to, the end of July? not at the end of July? that was a few months ago now. thought these things had an April bench mark ? for tax purposes? admittedly I have no idea about these matters.

The tax year run 6 April to 5 April each year; the club's financial year is 1 August to 31 July each year - the two are separate matters. The results for financial year 13-14 should be announced soon..

greenginger
08-10-2014, 07:40 AM
The tax year run 6 April to 5 April each year; the club's financial year is 1 August to 31 July each year - the two are separate matters. The results for financial year 13-14 should be announced soon..

They might be, but there is no legal requirement to announce them until 30/4/2015.

greenpaper55
08-10-2014, 08:28 AM
I think the financial results will mirror what we see on the pitch, things will be tight for years unless someone can work miracles like Hamilton have done.

IWasThere2016
08-10-2014, 08:58 AM
They might be, but there is no legal requirement to announce them until 30/4/2015.

Very true..

southsider
08-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Expect the agm to happen in November.

Are the club not required to give shareholders 30 days notice of the AGM ?

Peevemor
08-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Are the club not required to give shareholders 30 days notice of the AGM ?

I think it's 3 weeks.

CropleyWasGod
08-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Point of order.

There is no legal requirement on Hibs to actually hold an AGM. It is their practice, which they could change if they wish.

The notice period is 21 days.