PDA

View Full Version : Best tv

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

HibbyAndy
06-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Right now we are getting into the dark nights what's the best tv series to watch right now ?.. I'm already on Leftovers but your only getting 1 episode a week..Im looking to power through a box set or 2 in a week :greengrin

Cannae watch Game of thrones as i powered through series 1-3 whilst series 4 was half way through so need to wait on it ending.

The last ship was recommended to me?.. Breaking bad it seems everyones watching?..I've done Lost, The best by far ever programme on tv :greengrin

What's everyone else getting their teeth into the now?

MyJo
06-10-2014, 06:12 PM
Finished watching Breaking Bad on Netflix the other week, absolutely superb and definately recommended. Currently halfway through the second season of Sons of Anarchy which im also enjoying. Currently watching the leftovers, legends and Forever on telly.

As for programmes to catch up on:

Spartacus
The Walking Dead
Sleepy Hollow
Ray Donovan
Ripper Street
True Detective
Hannibal
The Following
Penny Dreadful
Person of Interest
The Borgias

All highly recommended.

Barman Stanton
06-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Currently watching House of Cards on Netflix and enjoying it. Just finishing the first series and would recommend so far.

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Orange is the New Black :wink:

easty
06-10-2014, 07:22 PM
I didn't get into Luther first time around, but watched it all recently. Great TV.

I'm going to start on Sons of Anarchy soon.

adhibs
06-10-2014, 07:45 PM
bit different than the rest mentiond as its a 20 minute animated comedy but i'm watching Bobs Burgers. i'm three episodes into the 2nd series and it's excellent, some brilliant characters in it. Got fargo and house of cards waiting for when im wanting to watch something a bit more serious. Downloading the new sons of anarchy epsiodes as they air, been a brilliant season so far so definately recomend catching up with that.

Hibrandenburg
06-10-2014, 08:39 PM
I didn't get into Luther first time around, but watched it all recently. Great TV.

I'm going to start on Sons of Anarchy soon.

This! Must see TV.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Finished watching Breaking Bad on Netflix the other week, absolutely superb and definately recommended. Currently halfway through the second season of Sons of Anarchy which im also enjoying. Currently watching the leftovers, legends and Forever on telly.

Spartacus
The Walking Dead
Sleepy Hollow
Ray Donovan
Ripper Street
True Detective
Hannibal
The Following
Penny Dreadful
Person of Interest
The Borgias

All highly recommended.

Thats a pretty good list.

I'll add

Arrow
Boss
Banshee
Graceland
The Tunnel
The Tyrant
Resurrection

I really like Elementary but, its a bit of an acquired taste.

CallumLaidlaw
06-10-2014, 09:42 PM
My favourite series -
Breaking Bad
Walking Dead
banshee
the Blacklist
The Following
True Detective
Ray Donovan
Orange is the New Black
Game Of Thrones

Currently enjoying -

The Strain
Marvel agents of shield
The Leftovers

I have been given the following recommendations which I plan to get round to eventually -

Fringe
Gotham
Grimm
The Knick
Prison Break
scandal
The Last Ship

One Day Soon
06-10-2014, 09:50 PM

Spartacus
The Walking Dead
Sleepy Hollow
Ray Donovan
Ripper Street
True Detective
Hannibal
The Following
Penny Dreadful
Person of Interest
The Borgias

All highly recommended.

I think this is one of the best TV series I've ever seen. Hamlet meets fall of the Roman Empire on motorbikes with cowboys. However prepare yourself mentally, it gets gruesome and very dark.

stoneyburn hibs
06-10-2014, 10:34 PM
Gomorrah, an Italian production is pretty decent. It's currently on Sky Atlantic and the soundtrack IMO is decent. A bit Mogwai-esque. Mogwai did the soundtrack for the French TV programme The Returned which is far better than The Leftovers.

Mikey09
06-10-2014, 11:09 PM
My favourite series -
Breaking Bad
Walking Dead
banshee
the Blacklist
The Following
True Detective
Ray Donovan
Orange is the New Black
Game Of Thrones

Currently enjoying -

The Strain
Marvel agents of shield
The Leftovers

I have been given the following recommendations which I plan to get round to eventually -

Fringe
Gotham
Grimm
The Knick
Prison Break
scandal
The Last Ship

Defo recommend Fringe mate..... I got hooked on it. Really original with great characters and loads of twists. Great TV.....

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Prison Break and Breaking Bad are the best TV series' I have ever watched. Can't pick a winner between them though.

HibeeLR
07-10-2014, 12:37 AM
Currently watching the blacklist & legends, both are very good TV shows, especially the blacklist! Series 1 was brilliant and 2 has been great so far. Also started watching Gotham, which starts on Channel five on the 13th.

matty_f
07-10-2014, 06:21 AM
Boardwalk Empire, Andy. Full first 4 seasons on box sets on your Sky box just now. Brilliant show :agree:

Mon Dieu4
07-10-2014, 01:25 PM
I think this is one of the best TV series I've ever seen. Hamlet meets fall of the Roman Empire on motorbikes with cowboys. However prepare yourself mentally, it gets gruesome and very dark.

I totally agree with you on that, I love sons of anarchy, the 7th and final series has been mental so far

RoslinInstHibby
07-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Defo recommend Fringe mate..... I got hooked on it. Really original with great characters and loads of twists. Great TV.....

I Would 2nd that:agree: loved it

game of thrones
the walking dead
the blacklist
arrow
the leftovers
boardwalk empire
fringe
spartacus (improves greatly after the 1st season)
banshee
the following
agents of shield
grimm
gotham (though only seen the 2 episodes to be fair)
lost
hannibal

all great

West hamBERNIAN
07-10-2014, 02:47 PM
I Would 2nd that:agree: loved it

game of thrones
the walking dead
the blacklist
arrow
the leftovers
boardwalk empire
fringe
spartacus (improves greatly after the 1st season)
banshee
the following
agents of shield
grimm
gotham (though only seen the 2 episodes to be fair)
lost
hannibal

all great

Show called Vikings was quality too, the wire was amazing. Dexter is a good watch . Just watching Grey's anatomy which is surprisingly good. Loved the show "heroes" might watch that again actually. Peaky blinders was decent. If I were to watch one of them it would be" the wire". So good.

West hamBERNIAN
07-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Loved homeland too but the wire still wins.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Just watching Grey's anatomy which is surprisingly good.

Who would've thought Tommy from Trainspotting would end up running a hospital in Seattle?!!

TRC
08-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Just finished a young doctors note book and other stories. Was pleasantly surprised find it on Netflix on 22 mins long and 8 episodes in total, some cracking black humour .

West hamBERNIAN
08-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Who would've thought Tommy from Trainspotting would end up running a hospital in Seattle?!!

There was an episode when the whole cast sang throughout the episode, he was shocking. He's quite good normally though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-10-2014, 03:34 PM
I shouldnae be admitting to this but, aye I saw it! :-)

I've watched the rest of them too! :-o Hence the avatar.

RoslinInstHibby
08-10-2014, 07:21 PM

Yeah...er who is she?

MyJo
08-10-2014, 08:04 PM

Completely forgot about Fringe, that was excellent if a little bit "out there" at times.

Im looking forward to The Flash, managed to see the pilot episode when it was leaked a few weeks back and it was good :greengrin

Also thought of another series i would recommend for a boxset session. Flashforward, loved it and was gutted when it was cancelled after just the one season.

West hamBERNIAN
08-10-2014, 08:12 PM

Can't see your avatar on my phone, hopefully it's not yang. 😃 just watching the last season just now. 👍

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Nah, alex's bird, Jo Wilson.

overdrive
08-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Prisoners of War (the Israeli show Homeland was based on) is really good. Better than Homeland though a subtitled show may not be your cup of tea!

SuperAllyMcleod
08-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Just in case you are looking for non American shows, you could try the following:-

The Fall (series 2 due later this month)
Hinterland
Amber
Broadchurch
Borgen (subtitles)
The Killing (subtitles)
The Bridge (subtitles)
Spiral (subtitles)
Arne Dahl (subtitles)

The advantage of the subtitled shows is that you don't really know who the stars are and therefore who is not likely to die! Also, the original Scandinavian shows are always better than the American remakes.

Mr White
08-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Just in case you are looking for non American shows, you could try the following:-

The Fall (series 2 due later this month)
Hinterland
Amber
Broadchurch
Borgen (subtitles)
The Killing (subtitles)
The Bridge (subtitles)
Spiral (subtitles)
Arne Dahl (subtitles)

The advantage of the subtitled shows is that you don't really know who the stars are and therefore who is not likely to die! Also, the original Scandinavian shows are always better than the American remakes.
Quite enjoyed the first season of spiral. Watched the 2nd one a couple of months ago and thought it was poor in comparison though.

heretoday
08-10-2014, 10:21 PM
The Driver (BBC1) has been excellent. It finished last night. Only 3 episodes but the best of British TV acting and some suitably nasty villains.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-10-2014, 11:42 PM
You're easily pleased, the ending was an absolute joke, I wouldnae bother to be honest.

Secrets and Lies on CH5 has been quite good so far, only watched the first two eps tho.

RoslinInstHibby
09-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Anyone watch justifed?? watched the 1st episode last night and quite enjoyed it

adhibs
09-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Anyone watch justifed?? watched the 1st episode last night and quite enjoyed it

Its excellent. definately worth watching

RoslinInstHibby
09-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Its excellent. definately worth watching

:aok:

West hamBERNIAN
09-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Prisoners of War (the Israeli show Homeland was based on) is really good. Better than Homeland though a subtitled show may not be your cup of tea!

Was excellent, really enjoyed it. On par with homeland at least. Also "gamorrah" is a brilliant series. Subtitles Italian gangster. Nearly finished first series, still on sky Atlantic I think.

Sweet Left Peg
10-10-2014, 12:02 PM
No mention of The Sopranos or Alan Partridge yet? Tut tut, dot netters; tut tut.....

HibbyAndy
10-10-2014, 03:07 PM
So many box sets to choose from but i plumped for The walking dead..Watched the pilot episode last night and im hooked! Really hope its as good as im thinking it will be :aok:

RoslinInstHibby
10-10-2014, 03:37 PM
So many box sets to choose from but i plumped for The walking dead..Watched the pilot episode last night and im hooked! Really hope its as good as im thinking it will be :aok:

I think its an excellent show (the comics are pretty good too btw)

HibbyAndy
10-10-2014, 03:58 PM
I think its an excellent show (the comics are pretty good too btw)

Series 5 starts on Monday on Fox so iv'e got it on series link:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-10-2014, 05:02 PM

Quite a few of the scenes were filmed on location at about 1650 in Gorgie on a Saturday when Hearts were at home.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Forgot to put American Horror Story on my wee list, well worth a watch. Bedlam was quite decent too.

TRC
11-10-2014, 08:55 AM
The bridge Swedish danish version. Both seasons are great

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-10-2014, 11:51 PM

How you getting on with it Andy?

CallumLaidlaw
14-10-2014, 07:33 AM
Love the walking dead. Season 3 is my favourite. The new season started very well last night

RoslinInstHibby
14-10-2014, 07:50 AM
Love the walking dead. Season 3 is my favourite. The new season started very well last night

last night's show was something else! reckon the budget has gone up lol, lots of wee references to the comics too. did any gotham fans notice the penguin's cameo too?

easty
14-10-2014, 07:54 AM
last night's show was something else! reckon the budget has gone up lol, lots of wee references to the comics too. did any gotham fans notice the penguin's cameo too?

I thought the new episode was excellent.

HibbyAndy
14-10-2014, 12:45 PM
How you getting on with it Andy?

Loving it Hutch:agree:

Powered through series 1 in three days lol:thumbsup:

I'd hate to have lived in that era :paranoid::take that:eek:

RoslinInstHibby
14-10-2014, 02:42 PM
just watched the 1st episode of the flash, not bad at all...very similar style to arrow

Godsahibby
14-10-2014, 03:16 PM
New season of Walking Dead was immense last night, personally thought the last season was pretty piss poor, last night certainly made up for that!

CallumLaidlaw
14-10-2014, 03:35 PM
New season of Walking Dead was immense last night, personally thought the last season was pretty piss poor, last night certainly made up for that!

Walking dead now seems to have a habit of every other season slowing down. 2 and 4 both poor but 1 and particularly 3 were brilliant. And season 5 looks like it could be the same

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Loving it Hutch:agree:

Powered through series 1 in three days lol:thumbsup:

I'd hate to have lived in that era :paranoid::take that:eek:

Aye, its good entertainment.

Watch out for spoilers on this thread, naebody has been daft enough so far but, I've been a victim of that a couple of times on this board! If I had any hair I would've ripped it oot! :-)

cabbageandribs1875
14-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Although the 5th season has just started AMC have already renewed The Walking Dead for a 6th season as well :coolhib:

Hibrandenburg
26-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Just went and got 3 seasons of "Waking the Dead" :doh:

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-10-2014, 10:33 PM
I knew I couldnae remember one. Deadwood is magnificent. Anyone that missed it, enjoy the catch up!

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Secrets and Lies on CH5 has been quite good so far, only watched the first two eps tho.

Watched the final episode earlier, quite enjoyed it. An American version is about to be released, stick to the Aussie one.

sleeping giant
31-10-2014, 09:34 AM
My wife watches Wentworth and I must say that I quite like that Frankie :greengrin
I would :agree:

Flynn
01-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Some of my all time favourites and some current shows I enjoy

Game of Thrones
From Dusk Til Dawn
The Knick
House of Cards
Boardwalk Empire
The Wire
True Detective
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
The Shield
Sherlock
Person of Interest
Silicon Valley
Fargo
Hannibal
Orange is the New Black
Babylon 5
American Horror Story
Rome
Vikings
Outlander
The Americans
Sons of Anarchy

Television has surpassed movies in terms of quality storytelling. There's only a handful of films I've wanted to see at the cinema so far this year.

DH1875
02-11-2014, 10:16 AM
What are folks thougts on Gotham, so far?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Some of my all time favourites and some current shows I enjoy

Game of Thrones
From Dusk Til Dawn
The Knick
House of Cards
Boardwalk Empire
The Wire
True Detective
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
The Shield
Sherlock
Person of Interest
Silicon Valley
Fargo
Hannibal
Orange is the New Black
Babylon 5
American Horror Story
Rome
Vikings
Outlander
The Americans
Sons of Anarchy

Television has surpassed movies in terms of quality storytelling. There's only a handful of films I've wanted to see at the cinema so far this year.

Shocked Prison Break isn't on that list :greengrin

West hamBERNIAN
02-11-2014, 03:02 PM
What are folks thougts on Gotham, so far?

I must say I'm absolutely loving it, fantastic. Never a dull moment.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-11-2014, 07:29 PM
I must say I'm absolutely loving it, fantastic. Never a dull moment.

I'm quite enjoying it too. Jim Gordon's cop partner is a dick though!

West hamBERNIAN
02-11-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm quite enjoying it too. Jim Gordon's cop partner is a dick though!

Lol definitely, he has to go.
The guy playing the penguin is quality. Hope this show goes on and on.

Flynn
02-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Shocked Prison Break isn't on that list :greengrin

It's on my to-binge-watch list at some point.

Quite liking Gotham, it has its faults but also lots of potential. Much much better than Agents of Shield so far.

Started watching The Following and Peaky Blinders last night. Both very good, especially PB.

Stranraer
02-11-2014, 09:46 PM
The last British TV series I really liked was "How not to live your life". Apart from that, the American office is excellent and worth watching from the beginning :aok:

frazeHFC
02-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Started watching Arrow the other night. Flying through it, really enjoying it. Gotham looks good but not got round to it yet, will do once up to date with Arrow.

It's nowhere near the likes of Dexter and The Sopranos etc in terms of quality imo, but finding it a good watch.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Started watching Arrow the other night. Flying through it, really enjoying it. Gotham looks good but not got round to it yet, will do once up to date with Arrow.

It's nowhere near the likes of Dexter and The Sopranos etc in terms of quality imo, but finding it a good watch.

Starling City certainly seems to have more than its fair share of lovely ladies! :-)

RoslinInstHibby
03-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Starling City certainly seems to have more than its fair share of lovely ladies! :-)
:agree: it does indeed. its also a cracking show

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Anyone ever seen Orange Is The New Black and able to tell me if it's any good?

Haymaker
04-11-2014, 10:19 PM

I thought it was great. Strangely funny and dark humour in places.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Just watched ep2 of The Missing on catch-up, when did Ken Stott morph into George Foulkes? He even had a pish stain on his breeks!

overdrive
06-11-2014, 09:26 PM
The last British TV series I really liked was "How not to live your life". Apart from that, the American office is excellent and worth watching from the beginning :aok:

Brilliant show... and filmed in Scotland as well. Dan Clark's musical comedy stuff is pretty good too.

BroxburnHibee
06-11-2014, 09:36 PM
I see House has now been added to Netflix. I've watched the first few episodes which while enjoyable enough felt quite formulaic.

Should I stick with it?

Peevemor
06-11-2014, 10:43 PM
I see House has now been added to Netflix. I've watched the first few episodes which while enjoyable enough felt quite formulaic.

Should I stick with it?

I really liked it, although it does get more and more samish when you get to the later series.

West hamBERNIAN
07-11-2014, 04:49 PM

I thought it was okay, it sort of felt like it couldn't decide if it wanted to be funny or dramatic. My girlfriend definitely liked it more than I did.

Betty Boop
08-11-2014, 11:54 AM
Gogglebox is hilarious .

iwasthere1972
08-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Gogglebox is hilarious .

:agree:

The posh couple from Sandwich are funny. Maybe helps that they are trollied most of the time. The two lads who are hairdressers are also funny. The female minister or whatever she is is probably the only one that I don't like. Oh and how her husband can sit there eating while the dug lies next to him with its legs in the air showing its dangly bits baffles me.

The old scouser guy asking his wife to show him her knickers. :greengrin

Good viewing.

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2014, 03:00 PM

Should I stick with it?

Easy watching but I think more a show to watch every week rather than by box set.

He always solves it.

Stranraer
08-11-2014, 04:18 PM
The Missing is really good - best BBC drama since "Good Cop".

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Has anyone ever watched Luther? Really enjoyed that.

West hamBERNIAN
08-11-2014, 09:02 PM

Really liked the most recent series. Hopefully the next one is as good.

West Upper
11-11-2014, 09:11 PM
The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Prison Break

Are the 3 series i would recommend to watch

I am also enjoying Gotham so far

easty
12-11-2014, 06:29 AM

Luther is class.

Future17
12-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Gogglebox is hilarious .

:agree:

The posh couple who "like a drink" are very funny, but my favourite is the Geordie lassie who watches with her parents. She should get her own show.

HibbyAndy
12-11-2014, 05:23 PM
For those (Like me) That are still persisting with the Leftovers i thought tonight's Episode was top drawer! A wee insight to Life before the 2% suddenly vanished of the face of the earth!..Quite happy i persisted with it, Outstanding episode...Its taken 9 of these but were getting their.

MyJo
13-11-2014, 05:32 PM
For those (Like me) That are still persisting with the Leftovers i thought tonight's Episode was top drawer! A wee insight to Life before the 2% suddenly vanished of the face of the earth!..Quite happy i persisted with it, Outstanding episode...Its taken 9 of these but were getting their.

Ive watched the last episode of the season and while it was alright i was left feeling a bit like i had wasted ten hours of my life watching it. If im being honest i might just pass on it if it gets a second season.

Im now catching up on episodes of Sleepy Hollow's second season that i've recorded but not started watching yet :thumbsup: I've also worked my way through the first 5 seasons of Sons of Anarchy on Netflix which has been absolutely class but i cant find out when season 6 is going to be available and its killing me

Mikey09
13-11-2014, 07:52 PM

Should I stick with it?

Speaking of Netflix.... Watched a fantastic couple of documentaries, (yep I'm geeky that way). First one was Blackfish, about Orca's being kept at Seaworld. Other one was Dirty Wars by a journo called Jeremy Scahill. A riveting watch.

Danderhall Hibs
13-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Luther is class.

Also enjoyed The Fall on bbc2 last year. 2nd series started tonight.

Hibee87
14-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Speaking of Netflix.... Watched a fantastic couple of documentaries, (yep I'm geeky that way). First one was Blackfish, about Orca's being kept at Seaworld. Other one was Dirty Wars by a journo called Jeremy Scahill. A riveting watch.

Blackfish is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen, it really made me take notice of somthing I never really thought about....it also seems to be having an affect on seaworld, although millions still filter through he doors since its release in 2013 im sure profit and entrance figures have dropped by about 10% and the backlash from it just wont go way, which I think sea world had hoped for

Mikey09
14-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Blackfish is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen, it really made me take notice of somthing I never really thought about....it also seems to be having an affect on seaworld, although millions still filter through he doors since its release in 2013 im sure profit and entrance figures have dropped by about 10% and the backlash from it just wont go way, which I think sea world had hoped for

Agree.... It's a film that really makes anyone who has been to Seaworld question there morals in doing so. These beautiful creatures should be left in the wild not kept in a tiny pool being made to perform for our pleasure. Disgusting. If you enjoyed that then I would recommend " The Cove ." It will blow your ****in mind re Japan's treatment and slaughter of dolphins.

matty_f
18-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Totally agree, was a really good bit of TV.

Haymaker
19-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Just finishing The Shield again. The last 3 episodes...

sleeping giant
03-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Just bumping this so I can find it :greengrin

sleeping giant
03-01-2015, 08:51 PM
I have been trying to start watching the Sopranos and I believe it's only available through Amazon Instant .
I have signed up for the free trial but it's still trying to charge me per episode.
That can't be right can it ?

Started watching Orange is the new Black but got bored after 6 episodes after realising its a chick flick/series.

BroxburnHibee
03-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Since getting SkyHD I've just watched all of the West Wing again - superb.

MyJo
03-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Almost finished watching Marco Polo on Netflix which has been good IMO

vein
03-01-2015, 09:32 PM
I have been trying to start watching the Sopranos and I believe it's only available through Amazon Instant .
I have signed up for the free trial but it's still trying to charge me per episode.
That can't be right can it ?

Started watching Orange is the new Black but got bored after 6 episodes after realising its a chick flick/series.

Doesn't sound right no, I cant see Sopranos on my Amazon so looks like its not available. When I search for it its asking me to pay too.

If you haven't seen it give Ray Donovan season 1 a try. Just finished on that around Christmas and now moved onto Game of Thrones season 1 through Sky box sets.

Jack Hackett
04-01-2015, 11:57 AM
A few not mentioned, but worth a look

Warehouse 13
Defiance
Falling Skies
Revolution
Strike Back

....and the best of the lot, Channel 4's Utopia, which has been inexplicably axed after 2 seasons, given the universal critical acclaim.

Also, another shout for Marvels Agents of Shield, which is now motoring along nicely after a slow start

HibbyAndy
04-01-2015, 12:00 PM
When's the Walking dead back oan?

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Doesn't sound right no, I cant see Sopranos on my Amazon so looks like its not available. When I search for it its asking me to pay too.

If you haven't seen it give Ray Donovan season 1 a try. Just finished on that around Christmas and now moved onto Game of Thrones season 1 through Sky box sets.

Season 2 of Ray Donovan is great tv as well.

therealgavmac
04-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Loads of my faves already mentioned.......

Walking Dead
House of Cards (the Kevin Spacey version)
Luther
Whitechapel
Homeland

Surprised nobody's mentioned Lilyhammer - I love it!

vein
04-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Season 2 of Ray Donovan is great tv as well.

Couldnt find it on amazon, netflix or sky. is it on anywhere? Otherwise I guess I wait for sky to replay it!

BroxburnHibee
04-01-2015, 04:45 PM

Walking Dead
Luther
Whitechapel
Homeland

Agree with you on Lilyhammer - very good.

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Couldnt find it on amazon, netflix or sky. is it on anywhere? Otherwise I guess I wait for sky to replay it!

I watched it when it was on, had a quick look and it's not on Sky on demand.

Wouldn't worry though they tend to replay these things to death prior to the next season coming on!

cabbageandribs1875
04-01-2015, 04:55 PM
the walking dead S5 EP9 not on until sun 8th feb :( and the 6 episodes they made for the last series of warehouse 13 were really pretty poor, i liked quite a few of previous seasons/episodes as well but the show certainly didn't finish with a bang unfortunately(imo)

Hibs Class
04-01-2015, 05:16 PM

Walking Dead
Luther
Whitechapel
Homeland

I got S1 and S2 of this for Christmas, finished S1 today, it's been excellent.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-01-2015, 06:59 PM
I'm quite enjoying Stalker on SKY Living, The first series of The Strain was good too. American Horror Story just gets radger as each season goes by!

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Has anyone ever watched The Newsroom?

I've got 3 episodes to go - really enjoy it. It's written by the same folk that wrote the West Wing.

patch1875
05-01-2015, 07:14 AM
Has anyone ever watched The Newsroom?

I've got 3 episodes to go - really enjoy it. It's written by the same folk that wrote the West Wing.

Thought it it was a brilliant series,shame they aren't doing any more.

Stranraer
08-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Silent Witness was brilliant last night and I'm pretty sure there is a Luther box-set lurking in my DVD drawer.

sleeping giant
08-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Getting a bit bored by Prison Break and I've not even finished the first series :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Just got House of Cards today. Any good?

Watching Legends as well (Sean Bean undercover FBI agent). Decent, not brilliant but watchable.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Getting a bit bored by Prison Break and I've not even finished the first series :greengrin

They dragged that out for far too long.i watched the lot but I was just watching out of habit in the end.

Mr White
08-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Just got House of Cards today. Any good?

Watching Legends as well (Sean Bean undercover FBI agent). Decent, not brilliant but watchable.

Really enjoyed both seasons of House of Cards, looking forward to season 3 at easter. Kevin Spacey is brilliant as usual.

Matty_Jack04
14-01-2015, 06:48 PM
They dragged that out for far too long.i watched the lot but I was just watching out of habit in the end.

I watched it all too, probably the first series I got hooked on loved the first 2 then the 3rd was a chore and the 4th well ruined the whole thing for me It was all over the place and then hastily wrapped up as the series was cancelled

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2015, 10:56 AM
The first couple of eps of Crisis which is being shown on Watch have been quite promising.

Mikey09
16-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Never got to watch any of The Walking Dead so started 1st episode right now before my backshift at 1pm. Liking it already. Watched Suspects on Tuesday night..... Bloody awful!! Story lines, acting... Everything about it was mince.

HibeeLR
16-01-2015, 11:22 PM
Started watching Hannibal a few days ago, absolutely loving it!

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-01-2015, 11:50 PM

Wouldnae like to spend too long inside the mind of the guy that thought the storylines up though! :no way:

Much the same as Ryan Murphy, How can someone come up with Glee then American Horror Story?

heretoday
17-01-2015, 08:55 PM
I think Benidorm is very funny. Wouldn't like to go there though.

Godsahibby
17-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Been working my way through Justified, delighted to hear a final season is being made.

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2015, 10:11 PM
Been working my way through Justified, delighted to hear a final season is being made.

I've enjoyed it as well. The latest series is available on Sky on demand - don't think it's been on proper tv yet.

wpj
18-01-2015, 08:23 AM
Currently watching the killing (American version) on Netflix, pretty good, on season three and felt the first two seasons started to drag but still watchable

MyJo
20-01-2015, 08:07 PM

Hannibal is superb.

Watched Marco Polo on Netflix which is pretty good, also watched the third season of Continuum on Netflix thanks to getting access to the american site.

Also on the last episode of broadchurch season 1 which is excellent

Godsahibby
21-01-2015, 07:48 PM

Timed that well, finished this on sky on demand yesterday to find out episode 1 of season 6 aired in the U.S. last night.

wpj
22-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Timed that well, finished this on sky on demand yesterday to find out episode 1 of season 6 aired in the U.S. last night.

Big fan of the books Justified comes from but not watched it yet, could be the next watch.

hibsbollah
23-01-2015, 10:06 PM
True Detective. Fantastic dialogue and quite genuinely scary.

hibsbollah
23-01-2015, 10:12 PM
Agree with you on Lilyhammer - very good.

I was massively disappointed in lillyhammer. Love steve van zandt, love the writing team, can't understand why it didn't work.

Matty_Jack04
25-01-2015, 03:42 PM

Brilliant TV loved this,returning for season 2 soon Colin Farrell and vince Vaughn star in this one

Just started watching Hannibal only 3 episodes in but quite enjoying it so far

Stranraer
25-01-2015, 05:47 PM
I'm currently on season 5 of House. Some episodes are a bit too predictable but it feels like I'm hooked!

Mikey09
25-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Watching Top Gear just now.... Questions. Does James May, who I really like, pick his own outfit for the show?? If not who does? He actually makes Clarkson look stylish!! :shocked:

CropleyWasGod
25-01-2015, 07:42 PM
"Spiral" on BBC4

It's on Series 5 just now, but probably my favourite foreign-language series ever.

heretoday
25-01-2015, 09:11 PM
Wolf Hall - the adaptation of Hilary Mantel's fine novel. Mark Rylance is the saturnine Thomas Cromwell - a man who kicked up by his wits from low and unpleasant beginnings.

The BBC are making a big thing out of it but I feel it's too dark. Tudor life was bleak all right but there must have been crowds and music and street life.

The first episode was like a bunch of admittedly fine actors playing in various empty National Trust venues.

Stranraer
26-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Can't get into Broad church but Silent Witness has been brilliant so far with these 2 parters.

hibsbollah
26-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Wolf Hall - the adaptation of Hilary Mantel's fine novel. Mark Rylance is the saturnine Thomas Cromwell - a man who kicked up by his wits from low and unpleasant beginnings.

The BBC are making a big thing out of it but I feel it's too dark. Tudor life was bleak all right but there must have been crowds and music and street life.

The first episode was like a bunch of admittedly fine actors playing in various empty National Trust venues.

Laughed out loud at your final sentence. I said the same about the NT properties to Mrs Bollah. I read both Mantel books and am thoroughly enjoyed the adaptation so far.

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2015, 08:27 PM
I'm going to start Gomorrah soon. Heard good things about it.

goosano
26-01-2015, 09:13 PM
"Spiral" on BBC4

It's on Series 5 just now, but probably my favourite foreign-language series ever.

Surprised no one else has mentioned this before. Much grittier and in my eyes much better than the Scandi style series. The end of episode 6 was completely shocking. There can't be many shows that would get rid of a main character so suddenly

CropleyWasGod
26-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Surprised no one else has mentioned this before. Much grittier and in my eyes much better than the Scandi style series. The end of episode 6 was completely shocking. There can't be many shows that would get rid of a main character so suddenly
I'm still in shock about that.....although, thinking it through, not sure that all is as it seems.

Anyway, I am off for a couple of weeks so will catch up on the iPlayer when I get back....nae spoilers!

Mon Dieu4
26-01-2015, 09:32 PM

You won't be disappointed it's top notch

Mikey09
28-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Been having a Walking Dead fest. Start my backshift at 3pm, daughter away to school, wife at work, dog walked, housework done (I've hoovered!) now sitting down to start season 4....

patch1875
28-01-2015, 12:18 PM

It's great

MyJo
29-01-2015, 10:12 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2015/jan/27/better-call-saul-new-trailer-and-series-premiere-date-unveiled

Better call Saul starting up on Netflix on 9th February

hibsbollah
30-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Fortitude started well last night. You cant beat norsk noir.

Hibee87
31-01-2015, 12:24 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2015/jan/27/better-call-saul-new-trailer-and-series-premiere-date-unveiled

Better call Saul starting up on Netflix on 9th February

Early reviews suggest this is better than breaking bad, if that's possible

RoslinInstHibby
31-01-2015, 07:47 AM
Fortitude started well last night. You cant beat norsk noir.

It certainly did enough to hook me 8 for another few episodes.....i have loads of questions already 😀

Thought at one point it was going for a Sci - Fi vibe

hibsbollah
31-01-2015, 05:33 PM
It certainly did enough to hook me 8 for another few episodes.....i have loads of questions already 😀

:agree: There were definitely a few echoes of 1980s scifi alien in the arctic classic The Thing. But then it morphed into a whos bad whos good whodunnit.

Flynn
01-02-2015, 01:50 PM

I loved True Detective but I wish I could erase the last 10mins from my memory. A much better ending would've been a certain character dying in the climax. Could've done without the silly Hollywood happy epilogue ending which, for me, contradicted the whole tone of the series. Looking forward to season 2, though.

In other news, HD trailer for Game of Thrones season 5 released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbwi42_EF5g

Can't wait!

Future17
02-02-2015, 11:40 AM
I can't recall Banshee getting a mention on here before but Season 3 is 4 episodes in and I love it.

It has a great anti-hero as lead, some cracking supporting characters (include some rather attractive ones) and the fight scenes are always epic.

RoslinInstHibby
02-02-2015, 11:47 AM
I can't recall Banshee getting a mention on here before but Season 3 is 4 episodes in and I love it.

It has a great anti-hero as lead, some cracking supporting characters (include some rather attractive ones) and the fight scenes are always epic.

:agree: one of the toughest guys on tv, love that show

matty_f
02-02-2015, 10:52 PM
:agree: There were definitely a few echoes of 1980s scifi alien in the arctic classic The Thing. But then it morphed into a whos bad whos good whodunnit.

Thought Fortitude was really good, looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Mon Dieu4
02-02-2015, 11:11 PM
In a week I've binge watched the walking dead up until the latest episode, I see it starts again at the weekend, I've really enjoyed it and think it's great, but those people that say it's better than Breaking Bad, the sopranos or Boardwalk are just mentalists

Haymaker
03-02-2015, 12:13 AM
Just started on brooklyn nine-nine.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2015, 07:22 AM
3/4s of the way through Intruders starring John Simm, quite enjoying it but, after the first couple of eps had the potential to be much better.

easty
03-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Just started on brooklyn nine-nine.

I dip in and out of that. It's like The Big Bang Theory for me, in that I do enjoy it, episodes are funny in their own right, but I don't feel the need to follow the whole series to see what happens.

Future17
03-02-2015, 10:20 AM
We're 2 episodes into Season 2 of Black Sails and I think it's shaping up to be better than the first.

Great characterisation (with some excellent acting performances) and several different story arcs all tied together.

My only complaint is that they've changed the actor portraying one of the supporting cast and it jars in my mind when I see him which takes me out of the action.

Haymaker
03-02-2015, 05:42 PM
I dip in and out of that. It's like The Big Bang Theory for me, in that I do enjoy it, episodes are funny in their own right, but I don't feel the need to follow the whole series to see what happens.

:aok: Cheers Easty, about 6 episodes in but I get that feeling too. It's quite funny in places.

MyJo
04-02-2015, 08:29 PM
It certainly did enough to hook me 8 for another few episodes.....i have loads of questions already 

Just managed to Watch Fortitude yesterday and thought it was very good but i also got the feeling that it was taking a turn towards the "supernatural" half way through to the point that i was thinking it would be a werewolf-polar bear that was responsible for the deaths.

Also, the trailer for Daredevil on Netflix has been released and im really looking forward to it, looks superb

Stranraer
08-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Just finished Season 8 of HOUSE MD. which has occupied the last 3 or 4 weeks of my life, cracking series.

cabbageandribs1875
08-02-2015, 12:35 PM
The walking dead returns tonight :)

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-02-2015, 01:01 PM
The walking dead returns tonight :)

Monday night on FOX.

Mikey09
16-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Me and the Mrs have just finished the first 5 seasons of the walking Dead.... Anyone recommend another box set for us to binge watch?? Mind.... Suitable for us both!!

Mikey09
16-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Sorry... Meant watched first 4 seasons of the walking dead. Watching 5th season now weekly.

patch1875
16-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Anyone else watch The Good Wife? Fantastic T.V.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Me and the Mrs have just finished the first 5 seasons of the walking Dead.... Anyone recommend another box set for us to binge watch?? Mind.... Suitable for us both!!

If the Mrs is happy to watch TWD you should give American Horror Story a go.

Mikey09
16-02-2015, 11:35 AM
If the Mrs is happy to watch TWD you should give American Horror Story a go.

Thought about watching it last night but couldn't decide on anything. Is it decent?? A wee summary HUTCHY?!

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Each series is completely different but, its pretty much the same actors playing different roles. It seems to get freakier as each series goes by. Its quite hard to explain without giving too much away, well worth a watch though.

Settings

Season 1 Haunted House
Season 2 Mental Asylum
Season 3 Witches Coven
Season 4 Freak Show

Jessica Lange is outstanding throughout.

Mikey09
16-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Each series is completely different but, its pretty much the same actors playing different roles. It seems to get freakier as each series goes by. Its quite hard to explain without giving too much away, well worth a watch though.

Settings

Season 1 Haunted House
Season 2 Mental Asylum
Season 3 Witches Coven
Season 4 Freak Show

Nice one. Will start watching it tonight after my backshift.... Thanks.

HibbyAndy
16-02-2015, 03:34 PM

Settings

Season 1 Haunted House
Season 2 Mental Asylum
Season 3 Witches Coven
Season 4 Freak Show

Is this on demand ?

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Is this on demand ?

I've got Virgin tv, it isnae available on on demand there. Nae idea re SKY.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Nice one. Will start watching it tonight after my backshift.... Thanks.

What do you think? Season 1 is probably the poorest, though the young housemaid should keep your attention! Season 2 is outstanding, closely followed by 4 then 3.

Stranraer
17-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Onto Season 3 of Breaking Bad, now I can see what nearly everyone I know has been raving about - absolutely love it and hooked already.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-02-2015, 11:14 PM
I cannae be bothered searching through the thread but, if Criminal Minds hasnae had a mention its a favourite of mine. Its onto about season 10 so it'll take a bit of catching up! :-)

Mikey09
18-02-2015, 09:09 AM
What do you think? Season 1 is probably the poorest, though the young housemaid should keep your attention! Season 2 is outstanding, closely followed by 4 then 3.

Watced the first 2 episodes of season one. It's really growing on me. Can you skip seasons or does that spoil it?

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Watced the first 2 episodes of season one. It's really growing on me. Can you skip seasons or does that spoil it?

Completely different stories each season.

Mikey09
18-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Completely different stories each season.

Cheers HUTCHY. Will just watch them in order. You're right though.... Jessica Lange is fantastic in it! Every scene she is in is chilling yet mesmerising....

patch1875
18-02-2015, 02:24 PM
She's superb in it, loved the first series but they have got steadily worse as its gone on. Have given up on the freak show one.

Sylar
22-02-2015, 09:21 AM
After getting up to speed with Castle, I found myself in need of something new.

Just started on Blue Bloods and enjoying it so far! :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-02-2015, 11:47 AM
After getting up to speed with Castle, I found myself in need of something new.

Just started on Blue Bloods and enjoying it so far! :agree:

Quite enjoy Blue Bloods though the family chats around the dinner table every week are a bit sickly sweet.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Quite enjoy Blue Bloods though the family chats around the dinner table every week are a bit sickly sweet.

I gave up during S2 - couldn't stand the moral of the story but every week.

Ended up wanting most of the good guys to get killed.

cabbageandribs1875
22-02-2015, 09:23 PM
nearly turned off episode 1 of better call saul, i thought it was incredibly slowwwww, but persevered, episode 2 was slightly faster, episode 3 was much better, i noticed the henchman from breaking bad(robert boikess) has been brought back to life and is the car park attendant in this :greengrin

Haymaker
23-02-2015, 01:35 AM
nearly turned off episode 1 of better call saul, i thought it was incredibly slowwwww, but persevered, episode 2 was slightly faster, episode 3 was much better, i noticed the henchman from breaking bad(robert boikess) has been brought back to life and is the car park attendant in this :greengrin

That is kinda the point, exploring how he became the henchman of "Saul" as well as how Jimmy became "Saul" himself!

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Watched the final ep of season 2 of Banshee last night, wtf was the shoot out in the church all about? The A-Team didnae waste that many bullets!

Mikey09
24-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Just watched "Stop at Nothing: The Lance Armstrong Story." Absolutely fascinating stuff. If you get a chance to watch it you won't be disappointed. It's on Netflix.

patch1875
24-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Watched the final ep of season 2 of Banshee last night, wtf was the shoot out in the church all about? The A-Team didnae waste that many bullets!

Love Banshee 3rd season here in the summer I think trying to avoid the people who are watching it downloaded from the states.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Love Banshee 3rd season here in the summer I think trying to avoid the people who are watching it downloaded from the states.

I think Rebecca is my reason for watching!

cabbageandribs1875
24-02-2015, 05:54 PM
That is kinda the point, exploring how he became the henchman of "Saul" as well as how Jimmy became "Saul" himself!

didn't know that, but i do now, just watched EP 4 and it's moving a bit faster now, hopefully continues that way

patch1875
24-02-2015, 05:58 PM
I think Rebecca is my reason for watching!

He seems to get the good looking ladies! Prefer Carrie myself bit more my age:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-02-2015, 10:00 PM
I'll raise you Siobhan! :-)

Future17
25-02-2015, 09:24 AM
I'll raise you Siobhan! :-)

Not to forget Nola and Season 3 introduces the lovely Aimee.

Steve-O
25-02-2015, 09:29 AM
I have enjoyed, via US/UK Netflix, the following shows:

Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
The Killing
House of Cards
Bates Motel

Am onto Better Call Saul now.

Godsahibby
25-02-2015, 12:06 PM
So I am off moby dick today. Had a look on Sky On Demand for a new box set to watch. Saw Downton Abbey, thought I would give it a try. Maybe not the most manly thing to say but hooked already half way through the first series!!!

Stranraer
25-02-2015, 06:04 PM
To my surprise, House has lost it's seat at the top table, my top 3 are: 3. LUTHER 2. HOUSE MD 1. Breaking Bad, only wish I had listened to my brother and watched it a long time ago :cb

Mikey09
26-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Anyone catch CITIZENFOUR last night?? A fantastic film. The Self proclaimed world police that is the United States Government really are the ****in lowest of the low. Self serving bunch of tossers. Land of the Free?? Aye, free to spy on whoever they want.

CallumLaidlaw
26-02-2015, 03:13 PM

I'm up to speed with the US timeline of Banshee. I absolutely love it. Not sure if I've ever seen a more brutal show. There is a fight scene in season 3 to watch out for that involves Proctors right hand man. It is absolutely outstanding - and that episode in particular is simply outstanding TV.

The show has constantly kept a good pace, and they've done well to keep you rooting for the "sheriff" :wink:

Walking dead also superb, and after being a huge Breaking Bad fan, I am thoroughly enjoying Better Call Saul. I thought it was going to be much more comedic based on Saul in Breaking Bad, but it has the same kind of atmosphere as BB did and has been great so far.

I watched the first 2 of Fortitudem, and will watch a couple more tonight I think to try and get up to speed with it. It has potential, but seems a bit mad.

patch1875
26-02-2015, 04:09 PM
We started to see in season 2 that his sidekick was a bit mental!

Kavinho
26-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Best things I've seen ontv over the last10 years had been 24, The Wire and The Bridge (Danish/Swedish, with subtitles).
Only 2 seasons of about 10-13 episodes. I thought it was absolutely phenomenal. Can't believe no one's already mentioned it, although someone did mention the remake "The Tunnel"..

goosano
27-02-2015, 02:07 PM
I've just watched the last episode of Wolf of Wolf Hall on catchup. For me it has been the best thing on TV for years. Absolutely outstanding acting and a subtle and intelligent series. the production too was brilliant. Clare Foy and Mark Rylance, I am sure will win a slew of awards for their performances

I also finished watching the end of Spiral on catchup. Episodes 10 and 11 were great but I found the ending disappointing and unconvincing-a shame as it had been excellent up till then

Thief
01-03-2015, 08:16 AM
For me, the Sopranos, Lost and Breaking Bad were all perfect tens :-)
One thing that I don't think has been mentioned is Happy Valley. I missed it when broadcast as Sarah Lancashire is not really my cup of tea, but watched it on a recommendation. Outstanding performances and scenes that will take your breath away. Little wonder they're doing a second season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Aye, it was good.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2015, 10:15 AM
I love the Musketeers :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2015, 06:42 AM
I missed it when it was on all those years ago so now catching up with Spooks on Sony tv. Good programme.

That channels a nightmare (they showed the first 5 series, stopped for over a year then came back with series 7 - they've now stopped midway through that series as well now).

patch1875
02-03-2015, 07:07 AM
I missed it when it was on all those years ago so now catching up with Spooks on Sony tv. Good programme.

That channels a nightmare (they showed the first 5 series, stopped for over a year then came back with series 7 - they've now stopped midway through that series as well now).

Loved spooks, there's a movie coming out in a couple of months hopefully it's decent.

Future17
02-03-2015, 10:05 AM
I'm up to speed with the US timeline of Banshee. I absolutely love it. Not sure if I've ever seen a more brutal show.

Or, after the latest episode, more graphic! :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
02-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Has no-one mentioned House of Cards yet?

Series 3 is now up on Netflix..... my next few weeks' viewing is sorted......:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2015, 12:37 PM

Series 3 is now up on Netflix..... my next few weeks' viewing is sorted......:greengrin

I think it's been mentioned - I've got seasons 1&2 box sets sitting beside my telly. They're moving up my to do list.

CropleyWasGod
02-03-2015, 12:39 PM
I think it's been mentioned - I've got seasons 1&2 box sets sitting beside my telly. They're moving up my to do list.

Lesson 1.....if you saw the original, wipe it from your mind. I spent the first half of Series 1 trying to tie up the old and new versions. It actually took away from the brilliance of the new one.

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Lesson 1.....if you saw the original, wipe it from your mind. I spent the first half of Series 1 trying to tie up the old and new versions. It actually took away from the brilliance of the new one.

Cheers - I did see the original but it was a long long time ago so doubt I'll remember it.

stoneyburn hibs
02-03-2015, 05:40 PM
What is everyone's thoughts on Fortitude ? Don't think it's that good to be honest.

Haymaker
02-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Just starting season 3 of HoC. Hope it is as good as the others!

Still got a ridiculously long introduction!

BroxburnHibee
02-03-2015, 11:14 PM

It's brilliant - you do realise that the whole series has been released.

I'll have watched the lot by the weekend :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
03-03-2015, 07:10 AM
It's brilliant - you do realise that the whole series has been released.

I'll have watched the lot by the weekend :greengrin
Yeah. ...I try to ration myself.

The word is try :)

Future17
05-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Just starting season 3 of HoC. Hope it is as good as the others!

Still got a ridiculously long introduction!

I'm 6 episodes in and, if this isn't the best thing on TV, I don't know what is.

I'm assuming Season 4 will be all about the election and that's going to be epic.

matty_f
05-03-2015, 09:47 PM
What is everyone's thoughts on Fortitude ? Don't think it's that good to be honest.

I think it's been excellent but I haven't seen tonight's yet.

Haymaker
06-03-2015, 12:11 AM
I'm 6 episodes in and, if this isn't the best thing on TV, I don't know what is.

I'm assuming Season 4 will be all about the election and that's going to be epic.

I love it.

hibsbollah
06-03-2015, 04:50 AM

Its watchable, but not great tv. The characters are very 1D. Nowhere near as good as the scandig noir series like The Killing, despite the obviously big budget being chucked at it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Quite impressed with the first ep of Banished which started on BBC2 last night.

RoslinInstHibby
07-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Its watchable, but not great tv. The characters are very 1D. Nowhere near as good as the scandig noir series like The Killing, despite the obviously big budget being chucked at it.

I am quite enjoying it, worry that they are going to go all Sci Fi though....

Haymaker
12-03-2015, 11:47 AM
Just finished house of cards season 3. Awesome.

Matty_Jack04
13-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Just finished the killing on Netflix thought it was great wasn't to keen on the ending but over all very good series

Danderhall Hibs
13-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Just finished the killing on Netflix thought it was great wasn't to keen on the ending but over all very good series

The Danish or American one mate? Seen the original but not got round to the American one - I'm told it's the same storyline but a different killer.

Matty_Jack04
13-03-2015, 09:55 PM
The Danish or American one mate? Seen the original but not got round to the American one - I'm told it's the same storyline but a different killer.

The American one mate I've heard the Danish one is superb but I'm useless with subtitles so haven't tried it

CallumLaidlaw
15-03-2015, 10:16 PM
Or, after the latest episode, more graphic! :greengrin

Just watched the season finale tonight and it was everything I hoped for. Lines the next season up very interestingly too

Stranraer
16-03-2015, 06:56 PM
I honestly didn't think the Office or HOUSE could be beaten when it comes to the best but I've just finished Season 4 of Breaking Bad and every single episode is absolutely outstanding. So Breaking Bad is the best for me.

cabbageandribs1875
18-03-2015, 05:26 PM
the walking dead was good the other night, lots of killings :greengrin only two more episodes left in Season 5 :(

back again for Season 6 probably in october :) sure they are also in the process of a spin-off as well

patch1875
18-03-2015, 05:59 PM
One of the best comedies ever.

Gold are showing Police Squad on Friday night.

Danderhall Hibs
19-03-2015, 10:23 PM
One of the best comedies ever.

Gold are showing Police Squad on Friday night.

Series linked that - not seen it for years.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2015, 09:25 PM
3 episodes into Penny Dreadful, really enjoying it so far.

What a presence Eva Green has on the screen, stunning!

Peevemor
07-04-2015, 05:45 AM
I don't think anyone's metioned "Endeavour" yet (Inspector Morse in his youth) - I think it's great.

I don't know if any of you will be able to get it with subtitles, but "Profilage" is a cracking French series - the main character is barking!

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2015, 06:43 AM
Quite impressed with the first ep of Banished which started on BBC2 last night.

Watched all 5 that have been on so far last week. I'm not normally one for this kind of thing but enjoying it so far. 2 to go in the series.

HibbyAndy
07-04-2015, 10:36 AM

Was gonna start watching that right now but for some reason their is no episode 1 or 5..It goes 2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10 :confused:

Edit i've found it :greengrin

Matty_Jack04
07-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Finished season 1 of bloodline on netflix last night thought it was excellent, last of better call saul tonight then im lost for something to watch...been holding off the latest house of cards might crack into that although something thats complete would be good

HibbyAndy
07-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Finished season 1 of bloodline on netflix last night thought it was excellent, last of better call saul tonight then im lost for something to watch...been holding off the latest house of cards might crack into that although something thats complete would be good

No everyone's cup of tea but i enjoyed the Leftovers.

Matty_Jack04
07-04-2015, 05:27 PM

Il have a look and see what it's about Andy cheers

HibbyAndy
07-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Il have a look and see what it's about Andy cheers

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-04-2015, 10:09 PM
Cheers HUTCHY. Will just watch them in order. You're right though.... Jessica Lange is fantastic in it! Every scene she is in is chilling yet mesmerising....

Have you caught up yet? What do you think?

Mikey09
07-04-2015, 10:47 PM
Have you caught up yet? What do you think?

Finished season 3 a while ago. Kathy Bates was class in it. Got hooked on it!! Season 4 isn't on Netflix though!! :grr: If it's not on soon might have to buy season 4 on DVD!!
Heard they're making season 5 now... Fantastic!!

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2015, 10:53 PM
I honestly didn't think the Office or HOUSE could be beaten when it comes to the best but I've just finished Season 4 of Breaking Bad and every single episode is absolutely outstanding. So Breaking Bad is the best for me.

i get impatient rather easily and tend to turn channels over if it's a tad on the slow side, i think i counted a total of 3 episodes out of the whole 5 seasons(62 episodes) of BB that i thought were slow

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Finished season 3 a while ago. Kathy Bates was class in it. Got hooked on it!! Season 4 isn't on Netflix though!! :grr: If it's not on soon might have to buy season 4 on DVD!!
Heard they're making season 5 now... Fantastic!!

Yeah, set in a hotel. Doubt it'll be as funny as Fawlty Towers! :-)

Mikey09
07-04-2015, 11:14 PM
Yeah, set in a hotel. Doubt it'll be as funny as Fawlty Towers! :-)

Was the best series I've watched for ages. Fantastic recommendation.... :not worth

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-04-2015, 11:43 PM
Nae bother!

matty_f
08-04-2015, 10:03 PM

I loved the Leftovers. Know a few folk found it hard going but I thought it was excellent.

Mikey09
08-04-2015, 10:05 PM
The Mrs has been watching Scandal on Now TV. Only seen bits and pieces of it and it looks watchable. Anyone seen it??

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-04-2015, 12:07 AM

Its not finished yet but, season 1 & 2 of Vikings are awfy good!

Bishop Hibee
09-04-2015, 10:31 AM
I've not trawled through the whole thread but Brooklyn 99 on E4 is the funniest thing on TV at the moment. Laugh out loud moments in every episode.

HibernianJK
09-04-2015, 05:33 PM
I've not trawled through the whole thread but Brooklyn 99 on E4 is the funniest thing on TV at the moment. Laugh out loud moments in every episode.

I agree absolutely love it.

Other favourites are Sons Of Anarchy which very few have mentioned, Suits, Prison Break and Breaking Bad. Just started watching Better Call Saul as well and loving it.

HibbyAndy
09-04-2015, 05:55 PM
I loved the Leftovers. Know a few folk found it hard going but I thought it was excellent.

Yeah enjoyed it to Matty...Im now watching Fortitude that you reccomended on here and i think its brilliant !

matty_f
09-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Yeah enjoyed it to Matty...Im now watching Fortitude that you reccomended on here and i think its brilliant !

:thumbsup: watching the last Fortitude tonight, looking forward to it!

Future17
10-04-2015, 07:09 AM
The Mrs has been watching Scandal on Now TV. Only seen bits and pieces of it and it looks watchable. Anyone seen it??

I think I made it to the start of Season 3 of Scandal before I gave up. My girlfriend liked it and I did initially, but it basically became like watching the same episode every week after a while with the same annoying on/off relationships and love triangles. It wasn't so bad when they had a different client each week which brought in fresh characters and some good storytelling, but for some reason that stopped and it just became the same people with the same agendas making the same threats and declarations of love each week.

Finally, I don't think Kerry Washington is a very good actress. Certainly not good enough to carry the main role in something like this. There, I said it. :greengrin

Mikey09
10-04-2015, 10:03 AM
I think I made it to the start of Season 3 of Scandal before I gave up. My girlfriend liked it and I did initially, but it basically became like watching the same episode every week after a while with the same annoying on/off relationships and love triangles. It wasn't so bad when they had a different client each week which brought in fresh characters and some good storytelling, but for some reason that stopped and it just became the same people with the same agendas making the same threats and declarations of love each week.

Finally, I don't think Kerry Washington is a very good actress. Certainly not good enough to carry the main role in something like this. There, I said it. :greengrin

That's the impression I get. Every time I catch part of an episode it's pretty much like others. Anyway.... Started watching The Island with Bear Grylls. I thought the men were bad enough on Wednesday night but Holy Moly, the Women made them look like survival experts last night!!! For anyone who hasn't seen it before it's a reality show. Last series Grylls dumped 14 men on a desert island in the pacific. There aim was to just survive for six weeks, make fire, shelter blah blah blah. There were complaints from Women asking why he had excluded them so this series he has 2 Islands, one for the guys and one for the ladies..... Last night he dropped the ladies off and lets just say they were nae Ellen MaCArthur!!!! :faf:

Future17
11-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Its not finished yet but, season 1 & 2 of Vikings are awfy good!

Halfway through Season 3 and it's great. Not to mention Lagatha...:drool:

I agree absolutely love it.

Other favourites are Sons Of Anarchy which very few have mentioned, Suits, Prison Break and Breaking Bad. Just started watching Better Call Saul as well and loving it.

Sons of Anarchy has some of the best plot development across a season that you're ever likely to see. One of the few programmes where every action has a reaction until the season concludes. Very well written by Kurt Sutter.

I can't remember if The Following has had a mention on this thread before, but it's decent if unspectacular. It's actually a good concept, but suffers from being a bit predictable at times.

The main character, played by Kevin Bacon, is called Ryan Hardie...who I noticed came off the bench for The Rangers the other night. Perhaps it should be called The Follow Following....