PDA

View Full Version : We should wear the white strip as first choice kit

LaMotta
01-10-2014, 07:58 PM
We've played ten competitive games this season, and worn our change strip seven times. Can't have been many seasons where that has happened.

The white strip is a million times better than the home one, and feels like you are watching Hibs when they wear it.

Why cant we just admit that the home strip was a tragic mistake and use it only if we play a team in white. :cb

Edit: its 6 white vs 4 home

Carheenlea
01-10-2014, 08:16 PM
I must say I do like the home strip, but the away strip is truely a thing of beauty. Best just to ride it our for the season and hope the club reinstates the white sleeves for our assault on the SPFL next season..

Michael
01-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Definitely. The home kit is an abomination.

3pm
01-10-2014, 08:36 PM
I'd prefer we played in white.

LaMotta
01-10-2014, 08:39 PM
These pictures sum up the situation:

keep the faith
01-10-2014, 08:40 PM
I was thinking the same. We should absolutely wear the white every week.
I actually think the club now realise the home strip was a big mistake and that's why we are wearing white and green so much.

Pretty Boy
01-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Another agreement from me.

We look the part in white and it's a colour players generally like playing in as well.

Big_Franck
01-10-2014, 08:43 PM
I wasn't a fan of the away top to begin with but it's definitely growing on me.

It's much, much better than the disgrace of a home top we have anyway. It was a terrible decision to go without the white sleeves and they made it even worse by plastering that ugly red sponsor right across the front of it. I'd say this season's home strip must be the least popular we've had in the last ten years at least.

As we had to wear white at the PBS I presume the saviles will have to wear their Argentina imitation top in the next derby?

lord bunberry
01-10-2014, 08:45 PM
We're hibs we should wear a green top. It's not what we wear it's how we play. It's time to put curses and hoodoos to bed and be the team we were on Monday night.

Stevie Reid
01-10-2014, 08:46 PM
I was all for an all bottle green top, but this one has been poorly rendered, and the sponsor logo is hideous and ruins what would have been an acceptable top.

Would be happy for us to play mainly in white.

LaMotta
01-10-2014, 08:48 PM
We're hibs we should wear a green top. It's not what we wear it's how we play. It's time to put curses and hoodoos to bed and be the team we were on Monday night.

Nobody saying there is a curse - we actually have a better win rate with the home top. It's just that the White strip is far more pleasing on the eye :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Sums up how ridiculous the home top is that it clashes with so many teams. Our home top in season 12/13 was almost clashing with the likes of Dundee but the white sleeves saved it. This home top with black socks seems to clash with maroon, blue and pretty much everyone else in the league

cabbageandribs1875
01-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Sums up how ridiculous the home top is that it clashes with so many teams. Our home top in season 12/13 was almost clashing with the likes of Dundee but the white sleeves saved it. This home top with black socks seems to clash with maroon, blue and pretty much everyone else in the league

i found it quite difficult at the game v Cowdenbeath when players were at the far side of the pitch :agree:

lord bunberry
01-10-2014, 09:37 PM

It is but I think we as hibs fans get a bit hung up on superstitions

J-C
01-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Could they not just cut the sleeves off the green tops and wear the white strip underneath, problem solved a normal Hibs strip. :thumbsup:

LaMotta
01-10-2014, 09:45 PM
It is but I think we as hibs fans get a bit hung up on superstitions

:agree: It's unlucky to be superstitious

DarrenSQH
01-10-2014, 10:41 PM
The White strip is awesome. The green strip is honking.

speedy_gonzales
01-10-2014, 10:52 PM
I've said it before, in my unqualified opinion, there seems to be more misplaced passes when the team is in green. From my seat at ER which is around row K, some players seem to disappear on the pitch, especially when they hug the touchline.
Perhaps it's mind over matter?

Greenblood70
01-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Whoever ok'd that home top should be hung from the West Stand. It is not and never will be a Hibs top. I quite like the away gear, and I'm not generally a fan of many football tops. So it's a yes from me, wear the white and ditch the abomination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

heretoday
01-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Worth a try. It seems to bring out the best in the guys. I always think it looks like a cheap polo shirt out of BHS.

GreenLake
02-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Worth a try. It seems to bring out the best in the guys. I always think it looks like a cheap polo shirt out of BHS.

That's what I thought, but the real measure of a football shirt should be how often the team wins in it.

if we win more in the white top, I'll not only like it but buy one to wear.

AgentDaleCooper
02-10-2014, 01:36 AM
the home top simply isn't a hibs top. when arsenal did it, they managed to pull it off somehow - this one just doesn't cut it. it looks like they've forgotten to bring the real team kit and sent someone down to TK maxx.

Niffy
02-10-2014, 05:41 AM
I've said it before, in my unqualified opinion, there seems to be more misplaced passes when the team is in green. From my seat at ER which is around row K, some players seem to disappear on the pitch, especially when they hug the touchline.
Perhaps it's mind over matter?

I started a whole new thread on this a week or so back and got poo pooed.

RIP
02-10-2014, 06:35 AM
I started a whole new thread on this a week or so back and got poo pooed.

Same here a while back about dismissing this as a factor.

I remember some research a few years ago on what colour was best to play in. What colour would stand out best when making a pass, spotting runs, firing out long balls or cross field passes. Unsurprisingly the answer was bright reds, whites, orange. Greens and browns came out bottom.

When we built the new East it transformed the stadium into a background of green. So we now play in green against a background of partially empty green seats on a green pitch.

We might as well use camouflage to hide. We have a poor home record and no-one has ever worked out why.

Would it be an idea to at least try the white strip at home?

heretoday
02-10-2014, 06:41 AM

I remember some research a few years ago on what colour was best to play in. What colour would stand out best when making a pass, spotting runs, firing out long balls or cross field passes. Unsurprisingly the answer was bright reds, whites, orange. Greens and browns came out bottom.

When we built the new East it transformed the stadium into a background of green. So we play in green against a background of partially empty green seats on a green pitch.

We might as well use camouflage to hide. And we have a poor home record and no-one has ever worked out why

Makes sense to me. I have always thought that teams who wear black kit start with a disadvantage especially under floodlights.

Keith_M
02-10-2014, 07:28 AM
The first Hibs Kit was a white Shirt. We could change to white and call it a 'tribute to our founders'.

:wink:

Gotta be more believable than a bottle green top being a tribute to the Famous Five..... who played in Emerald Green wth white sleeves.

Original Kit......
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/images/hibernian-1875-b.gif

J-C
02-10-2014, 07:34 AM

When we built the new East it transformed the stadium into a background of green. So we now play in green against a background of partially empty green seats on a green pitch.

We might as well use camouflage to hide. We have a poor home record and no-one has ever worked out why.

Would it be an idea to at least try the white strip at home?

Sir Alex quickly got rid of Man U's away grey kit for that same reason, the players just blended into the background and made it more difficult.

heretoday
02-10-2014, 07:37 AM
The first Hibs Kit was a white Shirt. We could change to white and call it a 'tribute to our founders'.

Gotta be more believable than a bottle green top being a tribute to the Famous Five..... who played in Emerald Green wth white sleeves.

Original Kit......
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/images/hibernian-1875-b.gif

The bottle green is quite nice as a historical artefact but that's as far as it should go.

GreenArmyyy!
02-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Whoever ok'd that home top should be hung from the West Stand. It is not and never will be a Hibs top. I quite like the away gear, and I'm not generally a fan of many football tops. So it's a yes from me, wear the white and ditch the abomination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This made me laugh out loud, can't beat a bit of dramatics.

jacomo
02-10-2014, 09:19 AM

Original Kit......

The spurious claims about Nike 'working closely with us' to design a kit that honoured the Famous Five was embarrassing marketing bs that most of us saw through straight away.

Yet another bad misjudgement from Hibs, and as it happened on LD's watch she needs to take accountability for it.

We know our history, and we know what a cheap template kit looks like - don't try and con us please.

TrinityHibs
02-10-2014, 09:57 AM
Makes sense to me. I have always thought that teams who wear black kit start with a disadvantage especially under floodlights.

Just as well the All Blacks don't wear white then:greengrin

Billychaotic182
02-10-2014, 11:14 AM
I think the home top is the worst hibs top I've seen. The away top is lovely. So have to agree with the OP

Keith_M
02-10-2014, 11:33 AM
The spurious claims about Nike 'working closely with us' to design a kit that honoured the Famous Five was embarrassing marketing bs that most of us saw through straight away.

Yet another bad misjudgement from Hibs, and as it happened on LD's watch she needs to take accountability for it.

We know our history, and we know what a cheap template kit looks like - don't try and con us please.

I agree with all except the part in bold. The new strip was chosen before Dempster joined the Club.

I understand that the Head of Marketing has since resigned. Co-incidence?

jacomo
02-10-2014, 12:25 PM
I agree with all except the part in bold. The new strip was chosen before Dempster joined the Club.

I understand that the Head of Marketing has since resigned. Co-incidence?

The kit may have been chosen before she joined, but there was still time to amend the frankly insulting marketing campaign before launch.

emerald green
02-10-2014, 04:59 PM
I think the home strip was a mistake this season. The away strip looks better IMO, so I would give it a try.

Whatever happens, next season Hibs should get back to our famous and distinctive emerald green shirts with white sleeves.

Bishop Hibee
02-10-2014, 06:53 PM
I think the home strip was a mistake this season. The away strip looks better IMO, so I would give it a try.

Whatever happens, next season Hibs should get back to our famous and distinctive emerald green shirts with white sleeves.

Totally agree. Throw in a purple top with white sleeves and watch kit sales go through the roof.

ancient hibee
02-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Why don't we have a change strip of green and white stripes and green shorts.

emerald green
03-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Totally agree. Throw in a purple top with white sleeves and watch kit sales go through the roof.

:aok:

InterviewLoI
03-10-2014, 11:05 AM
I kind of like the current home top tbh!

h18sfn
03-10-2014, 11:23 AM
On a side not to the white strip I'm in Florida on holiday and wore it on my first day at magic kingdom the black crabbies sticker on the back heats up and burns you're back had to take it off and put another t shirt on
Dam annoying

Keith_M
03-10-2014, 12:27 PM
I kind of like the current home top tbh!

The home strip is like Petrie or Marmite, you either like it or you don't, there's no in-between

cam2644
03-10-2014, 03:10 PM
I'd vote for the white.

Calum68
04-10-2014, 07:44 AM
White would get my vote too. Would prefer green for home games but our home strip is terrible. Just my opinion though.