PDA

View Full Version : penalty

pedroorange1875
29-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Another absolutely disgraceful decision against hibs along with 2 sendings off that should have happened..still Hibs won so that will be swept under the carpet. There really could not be a more stonewall penalty and giving a corner is plain cheating.. 4-0 down to 10 men game over OR give them a chance to get back in it..blatant Calum blatant

SouthMoroccoStu
29-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Anywhere else but Ibrox its a penalty

But sod it, we won and that SFA cheat won't be allowed near his lodge for a good while

GGTTH

Real Emerald
29-09-2014, 10:19 PM
On first viewing I didn't even think it was a corner but the replay showed it was a clear pen but hey it's Ibrox and we won despite it not being given. :thumbsup:

Kato
29-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Another absolutely disgraceful decision against hibs along with 2 sendings off that should have happened..still Hibs won so that will be swept under the carpet. There really could not be a more stonewall penalty and giving a corner is plain cheating.. 4-0 down to 10 men game over OR give them a chance to get back in it..blatant Calum blatant

Kenny Clark was in some tabloid this morning saying Stubbs would regret asking for a "strong ref" with the usual crap about "refs have a hard job", "never anything swaying refs at Ibrox".

Total lies from a sneaky organisation who employ sneaky wee men who really support Rangers.

GIRFUY

29-09-2014, 10:28 PM
A stone waller, McCulloch pulled it out with his arm!!!

A penalty at ibrox that would have put hibs too far ahead for rangers to come back? hahahahaha who we kidding!

Anyway, least it never affected the result in the end.

pedroorange1875
29-09-2014, 10:33 PM
The fact it never mattered to the result is immaterial its an utterly disgraceful decision made worse and pointing to 100% cheating when a corner is given because what that acknowledges is the calum Murray saw the touch and if he did there is no logical reason not to give a penalty.. So he states we should definitely get the decision just not a penalty..disgusting

Jonnyboy
29-09-2014, 10:34 PM
It was either a penalty or a goal kick because the only time McCulloch touched it was with his hand

basehibby
29-09-2014, 11:08 PM
It was either a penalty or a goal kick because the only time McCulloch touched it was with his hand

:agree: it was (or should have been a penalty) - I was utterly gobsmacked when that was not given - the ref undoubtably shat it as he knew he would have to send the hun off as well - disgracefull :furious: !

But we won!:partyhibb:partyhibb
:partyhibb:partyhibb :partyhibb:partyhibb:partyhibb:partyhibb

Kaff
29-09-2014, 11:31 PM
:agree: it was (or should have been a penalty) - I was utterly gobsmacked when that was not given - the ref undoubtably shat it as he knew he would have to send the hun off as well - disgracefull :furious: !

But we won!:partyhibb:partyhibb
:partyhibb:partyhibb :partyhibb:partyhibb:partyhibb:partyhibb

This is where Thompson at Dundee Utd is different to Petrie, if Utd had lost to that decision it would be all over the press but Hibs nothing. Even at this result Utd would be all over it but we just say 'hey we won yeeha'!
I'm not anti Petrie on everything but I do think we are scared to rock the boat and I feel that is due to his SFA ambitions.
Whereas we were the template for many clubs 8-10yrs ago the Arabs are the club to aspire to atm and apart from the structure (youth etc) of the club I would say a chairman like Thompson is more important

Billy Whizz
29-09-2014, 11:39 PM
This is where Thompson at Dundee Utd is different to Petrie, if Utd had lost to that decision it would be all over the press but Hibs nothing. Even at this result Utd would be all over it but we just say 'hey we won yeeha'!
I'm not anti Petrie on everything but I do think we are scared to rock the boat and I feel that is due to his SFA ambitions.
Whereas we were the template for many clubs 8-10yrs ago the Arabs are the club to aspire to atm and apart from the structure (youth etc) of the club I would say a chairman like Thompson is more important

Thompson's an **se hole, who's got lucky. Any success they've had is not down to him

Sir David Gray
30-09-2014, 12:35 AM
I've just seen it on the BBC highlights clip.

Diabolical decision not to give a penalty for that.

It was a clear handball and the fact that we got a corner from it just added insult to injury as it obviously meant that the referee saw it touched McCulloch and the only time it touched him was when he touched it out of play with his arm.

Unseen work
30-09-2014, 12:59 AM
It's a pen, iv seen it replayed a million times

The reff saw it in action at full speed

I would be very suprised if anyone watching that, first thought was penalty when they seen it hit McCulloch

greenlex
30-09-2014, 01:12 AM

I would be very suprised if anyone watching that, first thought was penalty when they seen it hit McCulloch
He also saw it at ground level and not from the high camera angle. He's thought ball player to hand rather than the other way round. Tough call and he got it wrong. No conspiracy involved

OsloHibs
30-09-2014, 01:41 AM
Agree it was a penalty. And the refs wonder why we need a STRONG ref.. :rolleyes:

EdinMike
30-09-2014, 01:45 AM
Who cares ! :hibees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYw-fxJBE9o

Dalkeith Hibee
30-09-2014, 06:17 AM
The fact he gave a corner means he acknowledged that the ball hit off mcculloch. So if it hit his hand then why isnt a penalty? If that was at the other end then you have a rangers penalty and a hibs red card

Onion
30-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Great bit of skill by Malonga to turn McCulloch, and he would have been in on goal had Sevco defender not decided to drag the ball out with his arm. Red card, penalty, 0-4 down and McCulloch banned from next game should have been the result. Instead, none of that happens due to weak ref.

Lucius Apuleius
30-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Can you get retrospective red cards for that? Definitely a penalty but I think it was more a case of Murray not seeing it was his hand rather than any conspiracy.

ACLeith
30-09-2014, 07:16 AM
Can you get retrospective red cards for that? Definitely a penalty but I think it was more a case of Murray not seeing it was his hand rather than any conspiracy.

I agree, Murray is one of our better refs (not saying much I know). He was strong towards the end with Daly and Boyd's pushing and shoving - and with Boyd all through.

The Harp Awakes
30-09-2014, 07:21 AM
He also saw it at ground level and not from the high camera angle. He's thought ball player to hand rather than the other way round. Tough call and he got it wrong. No conspiracy involved

Really:faf::faf::faf:

McCulloch scooped it out with his hand. A clear pen and red card.

greenlex
30-09-2014, 07:21 AM
Who cares ! :hibees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYw-fxJBE9o
I see Moshni appears early on I that Clip.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-09-2014, 07:35 AM
Stephen Craigan on the bt post match made me laugh

"I think it was ball to hand, could he (mcculloch) have got his hand out the way? I don't think so"

WHAT?!?

He knows what he needs to say to keep his job

SouthMoroccoStu
30-09-2014, 08:04 AM
The look on Malonga's face is priceless

The sheer disbelief of not getting a penalty.

Having played in Italy, he must have seen some amount of cheating and corruption

But this shocked him

Still 3-1 at ibrox is a great result

gegs70
30-09-2014, 08:25 AM

Yes I did wonder that.. It was clearly blatant!

But a lot to be looked at retrospectively? Boys headbutt, moshnis punch and the penalty incident....not sure anything will happen?

Geo_1875
30-09-2014, 08:33 AM
I agree, Murray is one of our better refs (not saying much I know). He was strong towards the end with Daly and Boyd's pushing and shoving - and with Boyd all through.

I disagree. He booked Booth and McGregor for **** all yet let Boyd and Camelchops away with "murder" all game.

JimBHibees
30-09-2014, 09:13 AM

Agree with that difficult to see in real time and Malonga didnt really appeal either. Thought Murray was ok last night and is probably the best ref about as to me you get the impression he gives it as he sees it unlike a few others.

Billychaotic182
30-09-2014, 09:33 AM
I don't care if we were 4 up 5 up or 8 down it should have been a pen. It's a disgrace what they get away with. It's one rule for everyone not just for non auld firm teams. Ref bottled it. If it happened in our box it would have been a pen and knowing our luck a red card.

But we won even with a sh*te ref so get it up you sevco

Aaron
30-09-2014, 09:43 AM
I used to work with Callum Murray and he is a through and through Hearts fan....just saying........ :cb

MrSmith
30-09-2014, 09:55 AM
highlights up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29305945

Biggie
30-09-2014, 11:53 AM
I used to work with Callum Murray and he is a through and through Hearts fan....just saying........ :cb

Maybe so Aaron, but I think he filled his pants at that decision (knowing the consequences of giving a pen)

1959 Hibby
30-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Surely this is the time that the club should make an official complaint about the failure to award a penalty - i.e. when no-one can accuse us of sour grapes. How blatant does it have to be?

SanFranHibs
30-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Surely this is the time that the club should make an official complaint about the failure to award a penalty - i.e. when no-one can accuse us of sour grapes. How blatant does it have to be?

I'm not convinced it would do any good but your question brings to mind, although I can't recall the exact words, Blackadder IV when he was awaiting trial for the killing of Speckled Jim and talking of his lawyer who had a previous client acquitted who 'was seen by 200 witnesses leaning over the dead body, knife in his hand covered in blood, saying ,"I did it'.

What chance do we have?

:greengrin

greenlex
30-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Really:faf::faf::faf:

McCulloch scooped it out with his hand. A clear pen and red card.
Really!!! I've qualified it by mentioning the camera angle versus ground angle and the angle he would see it from. All in real time too without replays.:rolleyes:

DarrenSQH
30-09-2014, 01:35 PM
I saw from the away end that it was a penalty. I was shouting for it.

Think the ref maybe took pity on Newco

marti1875
30-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Right away it was so obviously a penalty as most on here have already said. :agree:

Within a couple of minutes my Facebook messaging went crazy with messages from friends from all around the world in different countries watching as well as in Scotland who support various other teams.....every single one was asking just how the fffeck that was not a penalty...even the token The Rangers fan i have as a mate said that was "embarrassing" it wasn't given and thought that "maybe the ref just didnae want us tae be humiliated even more than we awready were" :greengrin

It was hardly ball to man as he actually dragged the ball quite deliberately out, he knew exactly what he was doing. No wonder Malonga was totally in shock that it was only a corner that was given, his reaction said it all!

cabbageandribs1875
30-09-2014, 02:02 PM
after 75 replay's, i reckon the ball was partly over the line when contact was made, but McCulloch did sweep his hand back cleverley to make sure it went out, don't think we can blame the ref for not seeing it tbf

ekhibee
30-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Stephen Craigan on the bt post match made me laugh

"I think it was ball to hand, could he (mcculloch) have got his hand out the way? I don't think so"

WHAT?!?

He knows what he needs to say to keep his job
Craigen seems to have a rather paranoid hatred of Hibs and has for some time. I wouldn't listen to anything he says at any time.

R11Loaded
30-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Anyone think Moshni shoulda been sent packing too?

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

R11Loaded
30-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Craigen seems to have a rather paranoid hatred of Hibs and has for some time. I wouldn't listen to anything he says at any time.

I'm pretty sure this is true.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Isn't it just that bit sweeter, to not get the decisions and still win?

Dalkeith Hibee
30-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Anyone think Moshni shoulda been sent packing too?

Watching on the telly in real time it looked like Moshni threw an arm or a punch after their goal? Anyone confirm that?

brog
30-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Watching on the telly in real time it looked like Moshni threw an arm or a punch after their goal? Anyone confirm that?

Moshni & Boyd should both be referred by the compliance Officer or whatever he's called now. If either was a Hibs player he would probably have been offered a 2 match suspension already! Mind you both are gash so possibly better for us for them to continue playing under Super Ally's superb man management! I have sympathy for Calum Murray re the pen as it did initially appear to me to be ball to hand. However TV coverage has highlighted the error to a large audience & vindicated AS pre match comments. Now it may be an urban legend but I recall in the cup semi final replay of 1958, Ralph Brand clearly punched the ball into the net. The ref, Tiny Wharton I think, initially gave the goal but was persuaded by his lino to disallow it. That lino never officiated again! Believe it or not, with TV there is now much more transparency & fairness. How we ever won 3 titles post war is incredible.

ancient hibee
30-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Not only that but for years afterwards when we were at Ibrox the "previous games"page always referred to "the Ralph Brand goal controversially disallowed".As he has been heard to say at Baberton Golf Club "it was only one hand".

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Incredible not to award the penalty. A 4-0 lead at Ibrox would have been just wonderful.

hibbybrian
30-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Now it may be an urban legend but I recall in the cup semi final replay of 1958, Ralph Brand clearly punched the ball into the net. The ref, Tiny Wharton I think, initially gave the goal but was persuaded by his lino to disallow it. That lino never officiated again! Believe it or not, with TV there is now much more transparency & fairness. How we ever won 3 titles post war is incredible.

You've got some memory power! however having checked the written records, the ref was our auld favourite BoD :greengrin Bobby Davidson and the disallowed goal was by Max Murray:wink:

Not sure which Linesman gave offside against Max but it should have been either Mr D Moir of Aberdeen or Mr J McNiven of Stonehouse.

Iggy Pope
30-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Not only that but for years afterwards when we were at Ibrox the "previous games"page always referred to "the Ralph Brand goal controversially disallowed".As he has been heard to say at Baberton Golf Club "it was only one hand".

:agree:"You can talk about your Ralphie Brand and your Jimmy Millar too......"

Back on the OP topic though its clearly a penalty. Ball to hand yer erse. He moves his arm towards the ball and carries it out, preventing a goalscoring opportunity. Penalty and a red. He'd have been as well sticking it up his juke and running off into the Broomloan with it.

Iggy Pope
30-09-2014, 05:26 PM
You've got some memory power! however having checked the written records, the ref was our auld favourite BoD :greengrin Bobby Davidson and the disallowed goal was by Max Murray:wink:

Not sure which Linesman gave offside against Max but it should have been either Mr D Moir of Aberdeen or Mr J McNiven of Stonehouse.

Research of Hibernian class. And my money will be on the Aberdeen Lino. Stonehouse. **** me, enough said.

hibbybrian
30-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Research of Hibernian class. And my money will be on the Aberdeen Lino. Stonehouse. **** me, enough said.

Fairly straightforward really :greengrin

Match report

Linesman names taken from the Match Programme :wink:

ancient hibee
30-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Fairly straightforward really :greengrin

Match report

Linesman names taken from the Match Programme :wink:

Good research! Brand punched the ball out of Leslie's hand-I'd forgotten that Murray put it in.

davehiby
30-09-2014, 06:25 PM
just emailed the sfa
hi just wondering if anything was going to be done about the rangers players involved in incidents in the game against hibs last night 29/9/14 ?? because i know if it was the other way around punishments would be sure to come.
lets see what they say ?????

emerald green
30-09-2014, 06:43 PM

Did the linesman not see it either? What was he doing? Was he "unsighted" too I wonder?

It's a farce. Seen this sort of stuff dozens of times down through the years. I'm not exaggerating when I say dozens. I reached the stage a long time ago that's just what happens when we play the Old Firm, but especially Rangers / The Rangers at Ibrox.

I'm not saying there's a conspiracy. It's simply a fact that referees and/or their assistants just don't seem to me to want to give penalties against them, especially at Ibrox. Possibly because they are afraid to do so, as it would not be in their best interests for various reasons?

Anyway, whatever the reason(s) it stinks.

CropleyWasGod
30-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Did the linesman not see it either? What was he doing? Was he "unsighted" too I wonder?

It's a farce. Seen this sort of stuff dozens of times down through the years. I'm not exaggerating when I say dozens. I reached the stage a long time ago that's just what happens when we play the Old Firm, but especially Rangers / The Rangers at Ibrox.

I'm not saying there's a conspiracy. It's simply a fact that referees and/or their assistants just don't seem to me to want to give penalties against them, especially at Ibrox. Possibly because they are afraid to do so, as it would not be in their best interests for various reasons?

Anyway, whatever the reason(s) it stinks.

Wrong side of the pitch.

emerald green
30-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Moshni & Boyd should both be referred by the compliance Officer or whatever he's called now. If either was a Hibs player he would probably have been offered a 2 match suspension already! Mind you both are gash so possibly better for us for them to continue playing under Super Ally's superb man management! I have sympathy for Calum Murray re the pen as it did initially appear to me to be ball to hand. However TV coverage has highlighted the error to a large audience & vindicated AS pre match comments. Now it may be an urban legend but I recall in the cup semi final replay of 1958, Ralph Brand clearly punched the ball into the net. The ref, Tiny Wharton I think, initially gave the goal but was persuaded by his lino to disallow it. That lino never officiated again! Believe it or not, with TV there is now much more transparency & fairness. How we ever won 3 titles post war is incredible.

That will be the same Tiny Wharton who appears in that famous photo engaged in the funny handshake with John Greig before an Old Firm match I think.

davehiby
30-09-2014, 06:53 PM
remember boyd elbowing zemama in the face maybe about 4 or 5 years ago
and the ref gave the foul to rangers !!!!!!!

emerald green
30-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Wrong side of the pitch.

I wasn't at the game. Are you saying the linesman was up with play, but it was not possible for him to see what happened?

If it wasn't possible for him to see it, then I'll take back what I said. Most posters on here seemed in no doubt it was a clear hand ball in the box. Or is it a case of green glasses on?

I stand by the other comments I made though.

CropleyWasGod
30-09-2014, 06:59 PM
I wasn't at the game the game. Are you saying the linesman was up with play, but it was not possible for him to see what happened?

If it wasn't possible for him to see it, then I'll take back what I said. Most posters on here seemed in no doubt it was a clear hand ball in the box. Or is it a case of green glasses on?

I stand by the other comments I made though.

I don't see how the linesman could have seen the handball. He was probably 30 yards away, on the other side of the pitch. Chances are there were players and the goal in his way.

emerald green
30-09-2014, 07:03 PM
I don't see how the linesman could have seen the handball. He was probably 30 yards away, on the other side of the pitch. Chances are there were players and the goal in his way.

OK cheers. Just wanted to clarify.

calmac12000
30-09-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm not generally supportive of conspiracy theories, but if that incident had happened at the other end, he'd have been pointing to the spot quicker than you could say lambskin apron!

matty_f
30-09-2014, 07:29 PM
If the ref can see it's a corner, he can see the handball. Otherwise it's just guesswork.

blackpoolhibs
30-09-2014, 07:43 PM
If the ref can see it's a corner, he can see the handball. Otherwise it's just guesswork.

You have hit the nail right on the head, he saw what happened he just ignored it.

HibbyAndy
30-09-2014, 08:16 PM

You have hit the nail right on the head, he saw what happened he just ignored it.

Spot on! 100%

He gave the corner..Its no rocket science he never gave the corner cause it came of his erse! A penalty a million times over..If we get it and score 4-0 against possibly 10 men we win it 5 or 6 or 7 nowt!!

Shame on you referee you cheating barsteward!!!

Aldo
30-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Spot on! 100% He gave the corner..Its no rocket science he never gave the corner cause it came of his erse! A penalty a million times over..If we get it and score 4-0 against possibly 10 men we win it 5 or 6 or 7 nowt!! Shame on you referee you cheating barsteward!!!

This. If it had happened in our box it would of been given I am certain of that.

Not a conspiracy just cheating plain and simple.

HibbyAndy
30-09-2014, 08:26 PM
This. If it had happened in our box it would of been given I am certain of that.

Not a conspiracy just cheating plain and simple.

Spot on Aldo :agree: If that's in the hibs box the referee is rushing to the spot and the linesman is flagging for a penalty just incase the ref missed it.

We wasted Sevco last night, Good and proper! We did a number on them BUT Stubbs still has a valid point R.E strong referee..ANOTHER awful decision in the weedge last night..IF...IF...that was 0-0 going into the last minute and that erse Murray gave a corner it would be uproar!! He got away with it as we were winning 3-0 but IMO once again we were cheated.

There is poor refereeing and there is downright cheating, That penalty falls into the latter category.

Aldo
30-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Spot on Aldo :agree: If that's in the hibs box the referee is rushing to the spot and the linesman is flagging for a penalty just incase the ref missed it. We wasted Sevco last night, Good and proper! We did a number on them BUT Stubbs still has a valid point R.E strong referee..ANOTHER awful decision in the weedge last night..IF...IF...that was 0-0 going into the last minute and that erse Murray gave a corner it would be uproar!! He got away with it as we were winning 3-0 but IMO once again we were cheated. There is poor refereeing and there is downright cheating, That penalty falls into the latter category.

Yip. The ref bottled it big time IMHO and it doesn't matter if it's the first or last minute, nil nil or 0-3 a penalty is a penalty regardless or it should be anyway.
It wasn't even a case of the ball striking him at close range..... He blatantly pulled the ball out with his arm. There was no other way possible fir the ball to be taken out of play and the ref then gives a corner.

It's always has been and always will be the case against the OF.

Prime example of Leighton v Laudrup at ER all those years ago. He makes a cracking save yet there is an alleged infringement (my arse there was) and the ref orders a re take. The penalty is taken again with same player movements it's saved falls to Laudrup again and Bandy pulls off an immense reflex save.

It happened in the past, last nite and will defo happen again.

HibbyAndy
30-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Yip. The ref bottled it big time IMHO and it doesn't matter if it's the first or last minute, nil nil or 0-3 a penalty is a penalty regardless or it should be anyway.
It wasn't even a case of the ball striking him at close range..... He blatantly pulled the ball out with his arm. There was no other way possible fir the ball to be taken out of play and the ref then gives a corner.

It's always has been and always will be the case against the OF.

Prime example of Leighton v Laudrup at ER all those years ago. He makes a cracking save yet there is an alleged infringement (my arse there was) and the ref orders a re take. The penalty is taken again with same player movements it's saved falls to Laudrup again and Bandy pulls off an immense reflex save.

It happened in the past, last nite and will defo happen again.

Cannae argue with any that mate as its 100% spot on!!

Lucius Apuleius
30-09-2014, 09:47 PM
That will be the same Tiny Wharton who appears in that famous photo engaged in the funny handshake with John Greig before an Old Firm match I think.

Is that the same funny handshake the famous five are getting in my avatar? ;-)

Allan45
30-09-2014, 09:58 PM
The biggest Penalty for me is we do not get 3 points on Saturday.
lets get back on top, we won, I don't care, I care about Saturday now.......:flag:

emerald green
01-10-2014, 05:58 AM
Is that the same funny handshake the famous five are getting in my avatar? ;-)

I knew you would say that LA! :greengrin