PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Sylar
14-09-2014, 10:02 AM
I've started watching Lost again from the beginning (can't believe it's been 10 years since it first aired).

Easily one of the best series ever made, even if it does get a little silly toward the end.

So many interesting characters, relationships and as many poignant moments.

Anyone else out there a fan? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
14-09-2014, 12:01 PM
:agree: The best ever programme/Series iv'e watched on tv, Love it.

jonty
14-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Beaten by the West Wing I'm afraid. at least it didn't go off the rails at the end :greengrin

RoslinInstHibby
15-09-2014, 12:20 PM
loved the show and glad i stuck with it, remember when it finished there was a huge fuss about how it ended, i didnt see the problem myself. The last few episodes, for me, were fantastic.

HibbyAndy
15-09-2014, 03:53 PM
loved the show and glad i stuck with it, remember when it finished there was a huge fuss about how it ended, i didnt see the problem myself. The last few episodes, for me, were fantastic.

A still dinnae get the ending:greengrin

Just Alf
15-09-2014, 10:04 PM
I've started watching Lost again from the beginning (can't believe it's been 10 years since it first aired).

Easily one of the best series ever made, even if it does get a little silly toward the end.

I've never seen it, and spookily looked it up in the "on demand" thingy at lunchtime yesterday and have watched the 1st episode! :aok:

Stranraer
15-09-2014, 10:21 PM
I liked it for a bit, remember getting nightmares about the black smoke in season 2 I think it was?

wpj
16-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Looking for a a new boxset to watch with mrs pj, I take it this is recommended?

Tyler Durden
16-09-2014, 09:16 PM

I absolutely love Lost. I doubt there will ever be another show that inspires such passionate feelings from its viewers. I remember fanatically following the podcasts and message boards, looking for clues to some of the mysteries. It was an interactive experience in many ways.

Lots of people will slate the ending or lack of answers. I would agree that the final season is hugely frustrating. Still enjoyed it though. As a series as a whole, the first 5 seasons have so many great characters, moments, episodes.....it's definitely worth watching.

The season 3 finale is probably my fave episode of any tv show ever.

If someone here does watch from the start, would love to hear their thoughts as they go...point out any wee Easter eggs you might miss out on.

Stranraer
16-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Was it Kate Austen who I fell in love with I wonder? Gorgeous.

leither17
17-09-2014, 02:54 AM
:agree: The best ever programme/Series iv'e watched on tv, Love it.

Beats Breaking Bad , The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire?

Sylar
17-09-2014, 06:27 AM

Definitely :agree:

.Sean.
17-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Does for me and I absolutely love Breaking Bad and The Sopranos.

watching it again on Sky Demand, one episode a night before bed. Outstanding!

HibbyAndy
17-09-2014, 08:22 PM

For me a 100% it does yeah.

Pretty Boy
17-09-2014, 08:25 PM
I think Lost must be a bit of a marmite show. Everyone here seems to love it, whilst I wouldn't say I hated it I didn't really like it.

Tried to watch it twice, gave up towards the end of the 1st series the 1st time and made it to the end of the 2nd series the 2nd time. The problem for me was I just didn't/couldn't care about any of the characters in the way I can with other shows. When Wallace was killed or the irony of Omar being shot by the same kid who once idolised him in The Wire I really cared about it even though I obviously knew it was fiction. The characters in Lost were just actors to me.

I'm sure plenty people will tell me I'm wrong and maybe I'm totally missing the point but it just wasn't for me.

.Sean.
17-09-2014, 08:40 PM
I think Lost must be a bit of a marmite show. Everyone here seems to love it, whilst I wouldn't say I hated it I didn't really like it.

Tried to watch it twice, gave up towards the end of the 1st series the 1st time and made it to the end of the 2nd series the 2nd time. The problem for me was I just didn't/couldn't care about any of the characters in the way I can with other shows. When Wallace was killed or the irony of Omar being shot by the same kid who once idolised him in The Wire I really cared about it even though I obviously knew it was fiction. The characters in Lost were just actors to me.

I'm sure plenty people will tell me I'm wrong and maybe I'm totally missing the point but it just wasn't for me.
Well I cried like a bairn at the end :greengrin

Stranraer
17-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Nothing beats the US version of the Office apart from maybe the British version.

Godsahibby
17-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Here we go just started s01 e01

Stranraer
17-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Here we go just started s01 e01

Ah it was so easy to follow at first... still a great series though.

patch1875
18-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Beaten by the West Wing I'm afraid. at least it didn't go off the rails at the end :greengrin

Agreed nothing has topped the west wing.

Barman Stanton
18-09-2014, 08:19 AM
I still think that the Sopranos and the Wire are my favourite shows iv seen. But I guess it just depends what type of shows you like. I didn't mind Lost, but got a bit bored of it towards the end. I got the feeling the writers were running out of ideas.

sleeping giant
18-09-2014, 01:17 PM
Watched the whole box set 3 times.
Wife and I first watched it when it was aired and loved it.

Still don't understand it all now though :greengrin

sleeping giant
18-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Trying to watch that new series from the makers of lost, The Leftovers.
It's about a rapture event but it's a bit slow.

HibbyAndy
18-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Trying to watch that new series from the makers of lost, The Leftovers.
It's about a rapture event but it's a bit slow.

Im watchin that tae J :agree: Its no bad so far.. The dugs roaming the street are a bit scary tho:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-09-2014, 02:23 PM
I'm quite enjoying Resurrection on Watch. Awfy far fetched but, quite good. Samaire Armstrong is on it too which is a wee bonus.

Tyrant on FX shows some potential too.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-09-2014, 06:50 PM

It premiered 19 years ago tomorrow but, Murder One is well worth a watch. 2 seasons long and still one of the greatest tv series I've watched.

sleeping giant
18-09-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm quite enjoying Resurrection on Watch. Awfy far fetched but, quite good. Samaire Armstrong is on it too which is a wee bonus.

Tyrant on FX shows some potential too.

We watch that too but it's kind of dragging a bit.

RoslinInstHibby
20-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Also love the walking dead and boardwalk empire! Saying that the 1st episode of the new season on boardwalk really didn't work for me.

patch1875
20-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Also love the walking dead and boardwalk empire! Saying that the 1st episode of the new season on boardwalk really didn't work for me.

Struggled a bit myself with BE think this last series involves a lot of Al Capone and lucky.love to be in Cuba at that time though!

Wembley67
20-09-2014, 09:25 PM
On the back of this thread title that's my 'free' time now taken up...just started watching the first episode on Netflix, forgot how brilliant it was, one of the best opening episodes I've ever seen of anything.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Funny you should say that, there's a programme on SKY1 at 2030 tonight about the pilot ep of Lost.

RoslinInstHibby
22-09-2014, 07:36 AM
so originally Jack was going to die midway through season 1 and that kate was supposed to be the lead.....

The Modfather
23-09-2014, 09:03 AM
I know the thread has gone off topic, as well as those already mentioned like The Wire & The West Wing, surprised no one has mentioned The Shield!

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-09-2014, 04:31 PM
I know the thread has gone off topic, as well as those already mentioned like The Wire & The West Wing, surprised no one has mentioned The Shield!

I've mentioned it on plenty previous threads on a similar topic, Homicide : Life on the streets & Rescue Me deserve a shout too.

The Modfather
23-09-2014, 07:20 PM
I've mentioned it on plenty previous threads on a similar topic, Homicide : Life on the streets & Rescue Me deserve a shout too.

Did you like Vik Mackie? I liked him, and always thought his heart was just about in the right place If some of his methods were questionable. Re watched it with the Mrs who hadn't seen it and she hated Vik and didn't want him to succeed.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-09-2014, 10:57 PM
I was on his side but, I can understand why women especially wouldnae be his biggest fans. I thought Dutch was a right good character.