PDA

View Full Version : Tom Taiwo

Lago
19-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Tom scored 2 tonight have to watch him on Sat.

Bronson
19-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Pleased for him, second was apparently a lovely chip as well. Not sure where he learned to do that, think he only ever scored once for us - a header away to motherwell in a 4-1 loss.

Lago
19-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Pleased for him, second was apparently a lovely chip as well. Not sure where he learned to do that, think he only ever scored once for us - a header away to motherwell in a 4-1 loss.
Iam pleased for him to, was disapointed when he left as I thought he could do a decent job for us this season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-08-2014, 09:14 PM

Scored vs Ross County last season in a 2-1 win at ER too. All the best Tom. Hope he gets a clap from the home fans if he gets subbed or comes on.

Bronson
19-08-2014, 09:17 PM
Scored vs Ross County last season in a 2-1 win at ER too. All the best Tom. Hope he gets a clap from the home fans if he gets subbed or comes on.

Right enough. Nevertheless he's squalled his tally for us in 2 seasons in one game tonight, goalscoring was never his forte. Tidy wee player though, always thought he did a job when called upon.

Lago
19-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Right enough. Nevertheless he's squalled his tally for us in 2 seasons in one game tonight, goalscoring was never his forte. Tidy wee player though, always thought he did a job when called upon.
:agree:

DH1875
19-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Always liked him as a player. Defo think he could still do a job for us.

Pretty Boy
19-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Would have been happy to see Taiwo stay, would offer more than Robertson in the deep midfield role imo.

Could never fault him for effort and he had some very good games for us.

Unseen work
19-08-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm 100% certain that if he was still under contract when Stubbs arrived he world be starting every game

Thecat23
19-08-2014, 09:44 PM
Echo what few others have said. Really liked Tom and I reckon he'd do a job in our midfield no problem at all. He is a good holding midfielder and the boy always tried his best.

keep the faith
19-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Watching sky sports news earlier and within a couple of minutes Tom, Francome, Done and Donaldson had all scored for their respective clubs!!

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Watching sky sports news earlier and within a couple of minutes Tom, Francome, Done and Donaldson had all scored for their respective clubs!!

It's quite incredible how often that happens with our ex players

RIP
19-08-2014, 10:28 PM

Not in the least surprising

Not every player that left us was crap just as every manager that left us wasn't crap either

It's all about creating the right environment for people to succeed

leither17
19-08-2014, 10:34 PM

Could be to do with the massive turnover of players we have had in the last 8-10 years

macd123
19-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Echo what few others have said. Really liked Tom and I reckon he'd do a job in our midfield no problem at all. He is a good holding midfielder and the boy always tried his best.

It's exactly what we need just now to give the team more balance. He wanted to stay as well.

s.a.m
20-08-2014, 06:57 AM
It's exactly what we need just now to give the team more balance. He wanted to stay as well.

:agree: Wish we'd hung onto him.

lucky
20-08-2014, 07:08 AM
Average player at best that's why he ended up at a middle table Scottish championship club

Borderhibbie76
20-08-2014, 07:21 AM
Liked Tom...never let us down like many others last season. Was always 100% committed and yet another very poorly treated by the clowns that were Butcher and Malpas

greenginger
20-08-2014, 07:35 AM

Matt Done ended up with a hat-trick ! :confused:

easty
20-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Average player at best that's why he ended up at a middle table Scottish championship club

Aye you're completely correct, but he's left now, so the appropriate response is to make out like he was actually really good and is just what we are missing at the moment.

Phil MaGlass
20-08-2014, 07:54 AM

What, is he still at Hibs?

Beefster
20-08-2014, 08:19 AM

Agreed. He's been on a downward spiral for years. Mahoosive revisionism going on IMHO.

SunshineOnLeith
20-08-2014, 08:26 AM

Mate, haven't you read Hibs.net recently? Falkirk are much better than us and are going to finish above us, remember?

erin go bragh
20-08-2014, 08:36 AM
Wish him all the best against the cheats . The guy had a hard act to follow in Claros .

Ggtth

J-C
20-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Agreed. He's been on a downward spiral for years. Mahoosive revisionism going on IMHO.

Think people looking at him with the rose coloured glasses again, started in Leeds youths then shifted to Chealsea, after zero appearances he moved to Carlisle, Hibs and now Falkirk, not exactly a wonderful career here. Was a very average player who did the basics ok, never stood out or took the game by the scruff of the neck, not a guy I disliked as a player but not one I'd lose sleep over when he went.

patch1875
20-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Aye you're completely correct, but he's left now, so the appropriate response is to make out like he was actually really good and is just what we are missing at the moment.

That seems to be the case these days, these very average players got us where we are today.

Stevie Reid
20-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Always liked Tom, our best football under Fenlon came with Taiwo and Claros as the central pairing - was busy, closed down a lot, and kept the ball moving quickly, so could see him fitting well into a Stubbs team.

Alas, we let that ******** of a manager before him cull some players who would have happily stayed to help us out of this league.

jacomo
20-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Think people looking at him with the rose coloured glasses again, started in Leeds youths then shifted to Chealsea, after zero appearances he moved to Carlisle, Hibs and now Falkirk, not exactly a wonderful career here. Was a very average player who did the basics ok, never stood out or took the game by the scruff of the neck, not a guy I disliked as a player but not one I'd lose sleep over when he went.

Not a player we seem to have replaced adequately though. I believe you need someone in midfield to do the basics, and make it hard for the opposition when they have possession. I'd prefer Claros to Taiwo, but neither Craig nor Robertson seem the type to sit in and I doubt Allan will be either.

I liked the shape of the team on Sunday but this squad still lacks balance IMO.

J-C
20-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Not a player we seem to have replaced adequately though. I believe you need someone in midfield to do the basics, and make it hard for the opposition when they have possession. I'd prefer Claros to Taiwo, but neither Craig nor Robertson seem the type to sit in and I doubt Allan will be either.

I liked the shape of the team on Sunday but this squad still lacks balance IMO.

The deep lying midfielder is missing, OTJ could play there but seems he's gash and not getting a real look in, Thomson would've been the ideal player for the role but people at ER thought it was a good idea to let TB do a cull before he was then allowed to go himself.

MWHIBBIES
20-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Always liked Tom, our best football under Fenlon came with Taiwo and Claros as the central pairing - was busy, closed down a lot, and kept the ball moving quickly, so could see him fitting well into a Stubbs team.

Alas, we let that ******** of a manager before him cull some players who would have happily stayed to help us out of this league.Maybury, Thomson, and Taiwo all could have played a part this season IMO. Maybury would have been solid cover for Gray but instead we have no one.

Spike Mandela
20-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Maybury, Thomson, and Taiwo all could have played a part this season IMO. Maybury would have been solid cover for Gray but instead we have no one.

They certainly played their part last year. Glad to see the back of them and wish a few more of their pals went with them. Losers one and all and the sooner we get better players in the sooner we can start to regenerate this club.

TheFamous1875
20-08-2014, 12:17 PM
The problem last year was that we had to many holding midfielders, and now we don't have any! Taiwo, Thomson, etc, all suffered as they didn't have the attacking midfielder to play alongside. We had Craig as the sitting midfielder (a job he was proved to be unqualified for) and Robertson/Stanton as the box-to-box.

Both types of central player need the other to get the best out of their game or they cancel each other out, which is very much what I fear will happen (and did last season) with Craig and Robertson as the central partnership.

A Taiwo, or a Claros or Thomson would be ideal for the midfield, as you need the balance alongside Robertson, Craig, Stanton and now Allan (verdict is obviously still out for Allan, but he has a reputation for flair and creativity. If he's able to hold fort in the middle of the pitch as well then he could prove to be a very special coup). I don't think we one had the balance last season, with the most-used pairings being Thomson/Taiwo and Craig/Stanton.

To be fair, if I remember correctly, Taiwo and Stanton were a moderately successful midfield partnership, both getting goals against Ross County in our last home win of last season.

If the player is not good enough, then so be it, but all of these players have the valid excuse for being incorrectly set up and paired within the team. Be that Claros, Taiwo, Deegan, Thomson, Craig, Robertson or Stanton.

I think an experienced, holding midfielder is imperative for the squad. Craig has failed to prove himself countless times, and if he isn't capable of the job we need someone who is in order to get the balance right and get the best out of our midfield.

Personally, I would've kept Taiwo as he's a tenacious, neat and tidy player who had all the attributes to be a good foil for our other midfielders to get forward and attack.

MWHIBBIES
20-08-2014, 12:19 PM
They certainly played their part last year. Glad to see the back of them and wish a few more of their pals went with them. Losers one and all and the sooner we get better players in the sooner we can start to regenerate this club.Don't be so stupid :faf:

Alan Maybury who has played for Leeds in the champions league and has 10 ROI caps is a loser.

Kevin Thomson with 5 major trophies and a Uefa Cup final appeanance to his name is a loser.

Embarrassing statement, especially considering those 3 were some of our better players last season.

HibbySpurs
20-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Not in the least surprising

Not every player that left us was crap just as every manager that left us wasn't crap either

It's all about creating the right environment for people to succeed

:agree:. This is entirely correct (IMO)

Ricardo Vaz Te anyone?
Collins scores twice for Shrewsbury in first game of season?

Most of these guys arent bad footballer's as I find it hard to believe our managerial merry-go-round consisted of entirely bad managers.

Something is and has been rotten to the core at ER for a long time now and this rot cant be changed by a Manager or a Chief Exec IMO, it's past that now.... the club need new ownership.

There's a losing mentality at our club it permeates from boardroom to training pitch to playing field and even into the stands. The fans try so hard to gee the team up but with no ambition shown at a higher level to expand, be better and WIN, the club is slowly withering on the vine.

It's obvious to me that persons at the very top, executive or not, rule the roost with an iron fist and dissention is not tolerated, neither is daring to question the direction we are going..... Also a person who has absolute power like this will never freely let it go or even relinquish some of this power for the betterment of the organisation.... There is a dictator at our club, sadly one with no ambition other than to ensure their position or to protect investment and ensure a steady flow of cash out of the club.

ancient hibee
20-08-2014, 03:52 PM
:agree:. This is entirely correct (IMO)

Ricardo Vaz Te anyone?
Collins scores twice for Shrewsbury in first game of season?

Most of these guys arent bad footballer's as I find it hard to believe our managerial merry-go-round consisted of entirely bad managers.

Something is and has been rotten to the core at ER for a long time now and this rot cant be changed by a Manager or a Chief Exec IMO, it's past that now.... the club need new ownership.

There's a losing mentality at our club it permeates from boardroom to training pitch to playing field and even into the stands. The fans try so hard to gee the team up but with no ambition shown at a higher level to expand, be better and WIN, the club is slowly withering on the vine.

It's obvious to me that persons at the very top, executive or not, rule the roost with an iron fist and dissention is not tolerated, neither is daring to question the direction we are going..... Also a person who has absolute power like this will never freely let it go or even relinquish some of this power for the betterment of the organisation.... There is a dictator at our club, sadly one with no ambition other than to ensure their position or to protect investment and ensure a steady flow of cash out of the club.

Where exactly is this cash flowing out of the club coming from-and where is it going to?

greenpaper55
20-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Rods pocket ?.

SunshineOnLeith
20-08-2014, 04:13 PM

:faf:

PatHead
20-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Taiwo is a tidy enough player but didn't really add anything to the team. If we want to progress we have to get better players. He is a bit like Stevenson in that he always gave his best but you wouldn't build a team around him. You need some players like that but not a team full of them.

TheFamous1875
20-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Taiwo is a tidy enough player but didn't really add anything to the team. If we want to progress we have to get better players. He is a bit like Stevenson in that he always gave his best but you wouldn't build a team around him. You need some players like that but not a team full of them.

That's the problem we've had for the last few years - no balance in the midfield. We only have one player capable of that now and that's Stevenson who looks to be our first-choice left-back this season.

With him suspended, we don't have anyone in that mould and personally I feel you need someone like that in the middle of the park at all times - someone who does the dirty work, harasses his opponents, retains the ball and protects the back four and enables the attacking players to get forward and create.

sahib
20-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Would have been happy to see Taiwo stay, would offer more than Robertson in the deep midfield role imo.

Could never fault him for effort and he had some very good games for us.

:agree:

Did Stubbs get a chance to check him out when he arrived, or was he gone before that?

silverhibee
21-08-2014, 09:54 AM

Alas, we let that ******** of a manager before him cull some players who would have happily stayed to help us out of this league.

Nah that ******* of a manager done the right thing getting rid of the wasters that got us relegated, why would we want to keep a bunch of losers, rather than get us out this league they would dump us in the league below us, just a pity we didn't get rid of all of them.

silverhibee
21-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Maybury, Thomson, and Taiwo all could have played a part this season IMO. Maybury would have been solid cover for Gray but instead we have no one.

:faf:

GlenrothesHibee
21-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Nah that ******* of a manager done the right thing getting rid of the wasters that got us relegated, why would we want to keep a bunch of losers, rather than get us out this league they would dump us in the league below us, just a pity we didn't get rid of all of them.

Tend to agree with this. Just hope the ones that are left see this as a chance to redeem themselves