PDA

View Full Version : Season targets and August/January signings

1two
18-08-2014, 05:29 AM
I've read a lot about what we should be targeting this season.
Between ourselves, hearts and The rangers, I don't think there is much to choose from and once we've got a settled team, I think we could get the upper hand over them in fixtures. Depth of squad is the difference between us and them ATM. I'd expect Scott Alan will be a first team starter over the next few weeks, we'll see more of Kennedy and hopefully a bit more understanding between players/manager/tactics.

We're not favourites to win the league and that's probably justified at the moment but it's important now that the derby is over for us to get the results against the rest of the teams. That's without any disrespect to the other teams who will feel they're also in with a chance (Falkirk etc), but if we're serious about promotion it's the attitude we need to have. It's early doors but Saturdays fixture is already very important v Falkirk.

On the signings front, the next few weeks will be very telling with regards to hibs and Stubbs intention.
To me a signing and maybe a loan deal would be a statement of intent from hibs. If we want to win the league, we need to win the early games and we're not far away from being in that position.
The other option is, we hold off to January. We'll be there or there abouts (hopefully) and by this time Stubbs will have had time to evaluate the squad and all other teams in the league. We don't technically need to win the league for promotion (as we know all to well). So we wait till January and add the signing or 2 that gives us the edge over the rest for the remainder of the season and go into the playoffs with a bit momentum.

The next few weeks until the transfer window will be very telling IMO and will be massive for our club.

bobbyhibs1983
18-08-2014, 11:25 AM
The next few weeks until the transfer window will be very telling IMO and will be massive for our club.

I can see where you are coming fromw ith the reast of your post by the post i have choosen to adress(above) worries me.

Now i know that our manager is realitively new to our club and that i feel was a bit of a mistake on our part.Our manager has has x amount of weeks to see what type of squard he has and think to himself ok i need x y and z in regards players.We need another striker maybe 2 , we need an attacking midfielder we need another central defender imo.The thing that worries me is im sure alot of people could have seen this 2-3 weeks ago, why do we always leave things late?
as for targets i dont think we will be anywhere enar top, maybe 5th im afraid.

Sammy7nil
18-08-2014, 11:37 AM
A new manager and some new players yet Hibs always seem to do just enough to ensure we lose derbies.

Our midfield yesterday was woeful too lightwieght and powderpuff Stanton and to a lesser extent Harris were passengers. Craig and Roberstosn tried but were found wanting AGAIN Robertson was just awful. I see some folk think Nelson had a good game he did compete well enough and tried to win his battle but if there is a worse "footballer" in the SPFL I would be surprised. On a positive note El Alagui looked a handful winning a lot of headers and Gray did well enough in defence.

Hibs will again show a lack of ambition and ultimately we will finish 3rd or 4th after having a very inconsistant season.

If Hibs are to surprise me they MUST take 9 points from the next 12 so the game on Saturday is very important.

P.S. Hibs as a club do not deserve the support and backing they got from the fantastic fans yesterday.

gegs70
18-08-2014, 12:52 PM
A new manager and some new players yet Hibs always seem to do just enough to ensure we lose derbies.

Our midfield yesterday was woeful too lightwieght and powderpuff Stanton and to a lesser extent Harris were passengers. Craig and Roberstosn tried but were found wanting AGAIN Robertson wasnu just awful. I see some folk think Nelson had a good game he did compete well enough and tried to win his battle but if there is a worse "footballer" in the SPFL I would be surprised. On a positive note El Alagui looked a handful winning a lot of headers and Gray did well enough in defence.

Hibs will again show a lack of ambition and ultimately we will finish 3rd or 4th after having a very inconsistant season.

If Hibs are to surprise me they MUST take 9 points from the next 12 so the game on Saturday is very important.

P.S. Hibs as a club do not deserve the support and backing they got from the fantastic fans yesterday.

I agree that the midfield really wasn't good enough and while early doors we had some possession we really didn't give the keeper much to do, I think Allen and Kennedy added something when they came on but we are still short of a few players to really make us Competitive!

I really do think they tried you could see that and a succesful penalty may have given a slightly different outcome. But they were fired u.and you could see they.we're desperate to turn the game around!!!!