PDA

View Full Version : The New Hibs TV

Callum_62
09-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Couple of questions:

1) are we getting today's game with live video?

2) I just logged in with new account details for 1st time - under my subscription it says im due to pay 90GBP on 11/08 for yearly subscription

I hadnt choosen this? I only had a 2 month subscription back towards end of last season - anyone have same problem??

3) who would I email to sort it out?

Ta

Keith_M
09-08-2014, 10:49 AM
I really wanted to sign up for this season but I'm worried that the whole thing is just a mess. There's been so much negative feedback so far that it's really put me off.

PeeJay
09-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Couple of questions:

2) I just logged in with new account details for 1st time - under my subscription it says im due to pay 90GBP on 11/08 for yearly subscription

I hadnt choosen this? I only had a 2 month subscription back towards end of last season - anyone have same problem??

Ta

1) I've emailed Andrew and the support team, but no reply yet ...
2) My log in details / profile doesn't seem to retain the proper details - nor can I change the profile details and I'm not keen on the little box asking for my card details - PayPal no longer seems to be an option. I'm due to pay the 90 GBP for the yearly sub, but as I say I'm not yet that sure this site is bone fide ... I'd like to know who I am paying my money to for example...

3) a) support@hibernianfc.co.uk

b) asleight@hibernianfc.co.uk

Here's hoping we can see the game (all of it if possible ....)

cabbageandribs1875
09-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Couple of questions:

Ta

i had to faf about to finally find the monthly option and NOT a lump sum up front, as per, it's a bummer trying to navigate around the HibsTV site, i still lost out on my subscription though as i only paid at the end of july and they've already taken off this months :rolleyes:

dmc1875
09-08-2014, 10:59 AM
I had to re register. Some great videos. The 'all the goals' vid showing all out strikes from 08/09 is great and reminds you how under Mixu we played some decent stuff.

Also interesting to see how much Nish was involved in...

Steve-O
09-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Couple of questions:

Ta

Mine did that, but I just scrolled down a bit, selected monthly payment instead, and boom.

Thinking about it now, I don't know why I bothered because I am not watching tonight's game, and I'll be in Edinburgh on holiday next Sunday, and won't be watching any Hibs games online for more than a month! Ah well, spend the money wisely Hibs!! :greengrin

Steve-O
09-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Oh and it's saying audio coverage only for today's game...:rolleyes:

Good start Hibs TV! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Callum_62
09-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Thanks, have emailed Andrew and support to ask if todays game will be live

you'd think it would be tho...surely??

Reluctant to buy for month until I find out if game is on or not

Steve-O
09-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Thanks, have emailed Andrew and support to ask if todays game will be live

you'd think it would be tho...surely??

Reluctant to buy for month until I find out if game is on or not

Definitely says audio only.

HiBremian
09-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Just checked out my account, and it looks like the new website hasn't fully been sorted. The whole "My Profile" page should be editable, but some fields like date of birth can't be changed (I was born in the year 0001 apparently, oldest Hibbie on the planet :greengrin) and others can be filled but not saved (address details).

Sadly looks to me like the service is not yet ready, both online and behind the camera. Like everyone else here I was really looking forward to today, but I'll hold back on paying up till we see a proper service.

IanM
09-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Just checked out my account, and it looks like the new website hasn't fully been sorted. The whole "My Profile" page should be editable, but some fields like date of birth can't be changed (I was born in the year 0001 apparently, oldest Hibbie on the planet :greengrin) and others can be filled but not saved (address details).

Sadly looks to me like the service is not yet ready, both online and behind the camera. Like everyone else here I was really looking forward to today, but I'll hold back on paying up till we see a proper service.

You're the only Hibby alive I think that seen us win the Scottish Cup then!

PeeJay
09-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Looks like audio only -

"Hibs TV will be providing full and uninterrupted audio commentary of today’s season opener against Livingston at Easter Road (coverage starts at 2.50pm) with new summariser Kevin Harper joining Cliff Pike in the commentary box.
A former graduate of our youth set-up, who went on to record 116 appearances and scored 18 goals before being sold to Derby County, Harper knows Hibs and he knows football – he is a massive summer signing for the new Hibs TV team.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE AND TO TUNE IN TO HIBS TV (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv)
The video streaming service for overseas supporters for our home matches at Easter Road will be relaunched in September – a superior quality stream available on all platforms that will make our coverage better than ever.
But Hibs TV can confirm next weekend’s Edinburgh Derby at Tynecastle will be available to watch (marrying up a top-quality video stream with the 100% Hibs commentary).
The whole service is being transformed in order to provide coverage that is well worth watching and we appreciate the patience shown by our overseas supporters during this transitional phase."

So we got the rangers game, but now they need a month to get the service online ... I think they'll find many of us are running out of patience?

HiBremian
09-08-2014, 12:47 PM
You're the only Hibby alive I think that seen us win the Scottish Cup then!

Aye, and it looks like the Edinburgh Pigeon Post gave better coverage than what we're gonna get today :confused:

HiBremian
09-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Looks like audio only -

"Hibs TV will be providing full and uninterrupted audio commentary of today’s season opener against Livingston at Easter Road (coverage starts at 2.50pm) with new summariser Kevin Harper joining Cliff Pike in the commentary box.
A former graduate of our youth set-up, who went on to record 116 appearances and scored 18 goals before being sold to Derby County, Harper knows Hibs and he knows football – he is a massive summer signing for the new Hibs TV team.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE AND TO TUNE IN TO HIBS TV (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv)
The video streaming service for overseas supporters for our home matches at Easter Road will be relaunched in September – a superior quality stream available on all platforms that will make our coverage better than ever.
But Hibs TV can confirm next weekend’s Edinburgh Derby at Tynecastle will be available to watch (marrying up a top-quality video stream with the 100% Hibs commentary).
The whole service is being transformed in order to provide coverage that is well worth watching and we appreciate the patience shown by our overseas supporters during this transitional phase."

So we got the rangers game, but now they need a month to get the service online ... I think they'll find many of us are running out of patience?

:agree: Shame. So could be up to 6/7 weeks before we get the regular live video streams. That's a lot of missed games. Think a lot of us are going to delay subscribing, especially as the PBS game's probably available online somewhere...

PeeJay
09-08-2014, 01:39 PM
:agree: Shame. So could be up to 6/7 weeks before we get the regular live video streams. That's a lot of missed games. Think a lot of us are going to delay subscribing, especially as the PBS game's probably available online somewhere...

Yeah - think this is the first time we've completely missed the opening games of the season - difficult to see any progress in that ...

Callum_62
09-08-2014, 03:04 PM
Got a reply about it saying im due to buy a yearly subscription on 11/8 that I never ordered:

Makes sense :)

"As you were a previous subscriber to HIBS TV we activated your account for 1 week. It will deactivate on the 11th August. HIBS TV has been moved to a new platform and none of you payment details were transferred across, so after the 11th August you will have the opportunity to select a monthly or yearly package if you want to subscribe.

Hope this information helps."

Centre Hawf
09-08-2014, 06:28 PM
I think its easy to have the Rangers and Hearts video cause its already on TV? I assume they'd pinch that to show us. I'd rather they take the extra time to make sure the problems encountered last season dont replicate themselves.

Callum_62
09-08-2014, 11:09 PM
I believe the hold up is due to a whole new IT system being installed in the West Stand - I think some tech issues held it up (sure I read that somewhere)

Still, if we end up with good quality streams (like Rangers and Celtic) it will be worth the wait for sure

Sounds like what we have been waiting years for

:thumbsup:

Tinribs
09-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Was pissed off to see my subscription was changed to yearly, paid up-front...so changed it toot-sweet to Monthly again.

Was not going to be charged i was told, but 90 quid coming out of my sky rocket in two days was not in my financial plans.

******g mess atm, been a subscriber for years and never seen it like this.

macd123
10-08-2014, 01:22 AM
Got a reply about it saying im due to buy a yearly subscription on 11/8 that I never ordered:

Makes sense :)

"As you were a previous subscriber to HIBS TV we activated your account for 1 week. It will deactivate on the 11th August. HIBS TV has been moved to a new platform and none of you payment details were transferred across, so after the 11th August you will have the opportunity to select a monthly or yearly package if you want to subscribe.

Hope this information helps."

Lucky you getting a reply - i still can't get a response

PeeJay
10-08-2014, 08:24 AM
No highlights up on the Hibs TV site yet, I wonder if this means we won't be getting any at all .... or am I just being impatient :confused:

GreenLake
10-08-2014, 09:28 PM
I paid up another year solely on the belief that LD will sort HibsTV out. Looks like the changes are being implemented.

California-Hibs
11-08-2014, 06:08 AM
I received an email apologizing that the Livingstone game wouldn't be shown live and it would just be audio, and that this would also be the same for the Falkirk match.

However come September ALL the home games will be shown, as currently they are 'totally transforming the IT capabilities within the stadium in order to provide a top-quality video stream, that will most definetly be worth the wait'

I remain optamistic that the new service come September will be brilliant. Just alittle bit of patience required. I do agree that they should have had this sorted in time for the season starting though.

Bishop Hibee
11-08-2014, 06:50 AM
I thought this thread was about the need for a TV that actually works above Passageway 3 in the East Stand :wink: Still broken after packing in a few games before the end of last season. While I'm moaning, could we get all the TV's tuned into Sky Sports News rather than the rugger for the next home game.