PDA

View Full Version : Green and White Jerseys article - thescottishgame.com

stu in nottingham
07-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Hotly debated on hibs.net just recently. A few thoughts from me on our new home and away strips at The Scottish Game site.

Green and White Jerseys
(http://www.thescottishgame.com/wordpress/?p=413#comment-94)

I understand The Scottish Game is looking for a second Hibby to do a little writing about our team. If anyone would like to get involved in what is an interesting new project please get in touch with the administrator at the site. You'd be most welcome!

http://www.thescottishgame.com/Images/deder2.jpg

Stax
07-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Hotly debated on hibs.net just recently. A few thoughts from me on our new home and away strips at The Scottish Game site.

Green and White Jerseys

I understand The Scottish Game is looking for a second Hibby to do a little writing about our team. If anyone would like to get involved in what is an interesting new project please get in touch with the administrator at the site. You'd be most welcome!

Good article again mate. I hated the new strip and think the same as you regarding not Beeing Hibs enough. I have to admit after attending a couple of pre season games I've mellowed a wee bit towards it. Bought my son the strip and he's fair away with it. His is without the sponsors logo but even he said it would be "even more minted" with white sleeves :greengrin

stu in nottingham
07-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Good article again mate. I hated the new strip and think the same as you regarding not Beeing Hibs enough. I have to admit after attending a couple of pre season games I've mellowed a wee bit towards it. Bought my son the strip and he's fair away with it. His is without the sponsors logo but even he said it would be "even more minted" with white sleeves :greengrin

Thanks Stax. I think it's one of those things - you're bound to get used to it after a little while. I guess they struggle to think of something 'new' each year and from the marketing point of view he white sleeves are slightly limiting. probably like you, I'm more concerned with what the team look like though, whilst understand the financial pressures to sell merchandise.

i think your laddie is bang on - it would look look more minted with white sleeves!

NAE NOOKIE
07-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Nice article Stu. Though I'm still not a huge fan I bought the home top anyway ... what else could I do with £60 worth of vouchers given the mostly poor fare available in the shop these days ......... I hate Polo shirts so the away was a non starter for me.

On a different note: Its been a wee while since your moving post on the Holy Ground ..... I hope life is treating you well. GGTTH.

stu in nottingham
07-08-2014, 11:31 AM
Nice article Stu. Though I'm still not a huge fan I bought the home top anyway ... what else could I do with £60 worth of vouchers given the mostly poor fare available in the shop these days ......... I hate Polo shirts so the away was a non starter for me.

On a different note: Its been a wee while since your moving post on the Holy Ground ..... I hope life is treating you well. GGTTH.

Ah, I see your predicament with the vouchers burning a hole in your back pocket! The training gear is quite nice I thought?

Thanks for asking. I had a wee six month 'anniversary' to pass yesterday and that's all done now. I'm getting on with things, life won't be the same ever again I understand that but there have been many people that helped me get through and still do so. Thanks again.

lord bunberry
07-08-2014, 11:37 AM
I really like the home top now that I bought one for my daughter, without the sponsor it looks good, with the sponsor it looks pish.

--------
07-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Ah, I see your predicament with the vouchers burning a hole in your back pocket! The training gear is quite nice I thought?

Thanks for asking. I had a wee six month 'anniversary' to pass yesterday and that's all done now. I'm getting on with things, life won't be the same ever again I understand that but there have been many people that helped me get through and still do so. Thanks again.

Good read, Stu. Well done.

You proved your point about the strip in the photos - one picture worth a thousand words, and all that. The photo of Paddy from the 60's is, as the caption says, iconic. You KNOW that's a Hibs strip; you know it's a class article, and if back then I'd been able to get a hold of one you'd have had to prise it from my cold dead hand to get it away from me.

"Anniversaries" are the pits, aren't they? I wish I could say they get easier, but they don't really. I'm beginning to learn the trick (after three years) of sort of ducking under and letting the beast roll over the top of me.

Take care, mate. Every Hun in the Caldera's been having a gloat since Tuesday. I hope the buggers go bankrupt all over again. :devil:

stu in nottingham
07-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Good read, Stu. Well done.

You proved your point about the strip in the photos - one picture worth a thousand words, and all that. The photo of Paddy from the 60's is, as the caption says, iconic. You KNOW that's a Hibs strip; you know it's a class article, and if back then I'd been able to get a hold of one you'd have had to prise it from my cold dead hand to get it away from me.

"Anniversaries" are the pits, aren't they? I wish I could say they get easier, but they don't really. I'm beginning to learn the trick (after three years) of sort of ducking under and letting the beast roll over the top of me.

Take care, mate. Every Hun in the Caldera's been having a gloat since Tuesday. I hope the buggers go bankrupt all over again. :devil:

Plain and simple works best I think but many kit manufacturers in their rush to produce something 'different' each and every year often overlook that. Witness indeed King Paddy - an imperious footballer in a wonderful kit.

Yes, I try me best not to attach too much to these types of anniversaries but sometimes it's just unavoidable as we know. Thoughts go to you also Doddie my friend, hope life is treating you well.

snedzuk
07-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Hotly debated on hibs.net just recently. A few thoughts from me on our new home and awkon ay strips at The Scottish Game site.

Green and White Jerseys

I quite like the all green top (not the logo) but it isnt 70 /80 years since this strip was worn - hibs wore all green in - i think - 1972 in a derby at easter road that they won 2-1 which was memorable not just for the strip but also for hibs missing two penalties as well. There is a photo of this match on hearts website (sorry only one I could find). They MIGHT have played the 6-1 home tie to sporting lisbon in all green jerseys as well but that might just be my memory as i cant find a pic of that just now.

snedzuk
07-08-2014, 09:25 PM
I quite like the all green top (not the logo) but it isnt 70 /80 years since this strip was worn - hibs wore all green in - i think - 1972 in a derby at easter road that they won 2-1 which was memorable not just for the strip but also for hibs missing two penalties as well. There is a photo of this match on hearts website (sorry only one I could find). They MIGHT have played the 6-1 home tie to sporting lisbon in all green jerseys as well but that might just be my memory as i cant find a pic of that just now.

7 sept 1974 apparently