PDA

View Full Version : "If we play like that this season then we'll win more than we lose"

Diclonius
06-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Anyone hear this old gem from Stubbs in the BBC interview last night? :greengrin

greenlex
06-08-2014, 09:49 AM
No but in the Hibs TV interview he said playing like that we would win a lot of games. Is that the same thing?

Pretty Boy
06-08-2014, 09:50 AM
He's right.

PeterboroHibee
06-08-2014, 09:54 AM
I think hes right, but we still need some more quality in the final third. If carried out properly, having lots of possession is great - it tires out the other team, and it means we arent under constant pressure (like we were with the hoofball last year). However the more teams get used to the way we are playing, the tougher they will make it for us to break them down, and we need someone with that bit of magic or who can finish half chances.

Steve-O
06-08-2014, 11:11 AM
The auld Mogga favourite! To be fair he was right so a repeat of anything close to that team would be fine for me.

Purehibee_MYB
06-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Must have stole that from me.. Said that just as it went into full time :greengrin

Turkish Green
06-08-2014, 11:26 AM
That old nutmeg. The problem wit football is that it is not just about winning and losing there is drawing too. 3 draws is the same points total as 1 win and 2 defeats.

On the showing from last night, Hibs still need a proven goal scorer or they will be drawing more games than they win. El Alagui will not go all season without injury. Cummings had already shown that he is prone to muscle tears. Handling will blow hot and cold. Heffernan I am not convinced. AS needs to bring in experienced cover before we enter the winter. Or does AS feel that the squad is strong enough to cope.

Springbank
06-08-2014, 11:40 AM
If we take last nights performance, and work more on how to beat an offside trap with the midfield attacking three, we'll create 10 chances a game like stantons in 51st min

Encouraging but need more finesse in that third

Iggy Pope
06-08-2014, 12:02 PM
That old nutmeg. The problem wit football is that it is not just about winning and losing there is drawing too. 3 draws is the same points total as 1 win and 2 defeats.

On the showing from last night, Hibs still need a proven goal scorer or they will be drawing more games than they win. El Alagui will not go all season without injury. Cummings had already shown that he is prone to muscle tears. Handling will blow hot and cold. Heffernan I am not convinced. AS needs to bring in experienced cover before we enter the winter. Or does AS feel that the squad is strong enough to cope.

Chestnut, right? Like all those other old chestnuts about winning, losing, drawing, injury and so on.....

Geo_1875
06-08-2014, 12:09 PM

I disagree. I think the forwards we have will do fine but they will need better support from midfielders. If Craig and Stanton get their shooting boots on we should have enough to see off most teams in the Championship.

Borderhibbie76
06-08-2014, 10:27 PM

AS has said several times now there are areas he wants to strengthen...im confident we will have a few more by end of August!

Sir David Gray
06-08-2014, 10:32 PM
It's true.

Last night, we played against a team that is widely expected to finish as champions of our league and up until Handling got sent off we were by far the better side and should have won the game in normal time.

Sevco have players that pretty much every other team in our league can only dream of having at their disposal so if we play like that every week, we will win most of the time.

mca
06-08-2014, 10:38 PM
It's true.

Last night, we played against a team that is widely expected to finish as champions of our league and up until Handling got sent off we were by far the better side and should have won the game in normal time.

Sevco have players that pretty much every other team in our league can only dream of having at their disposal so if we play like that every week, we will win most of the time.

The Card.. Changed the Game - iv no seen Hibs play that well for years... Even with Ten Men !!!! :agree:

Billy McKirdy
06-08-2014, 10:55 PM
The problem I see is most players up there game when the play the Old Firm only to let the performances drop when the bread and butter fixtures resume, I hope I'm wrong but time and again this proves to be the case that's why I'm not reading too much into last nights match, give it a month before judging this team.

Ronniekirk
06-08-2014, 11:17 PM
The problem I see is most players up there game when the play the Old Firm only to let the performances drop when the bread and butter fixtures resume, I hope I'm wrong but time and again this proves to be the case that's why I'm not reading too much into last nights match, give it a month before judging this team.
No need to give it a month the Livi game will test out your theory .Young players will dip in form especially if played week in week out so that has to be factored in and is why we need to strengthen squad .
However I think we need to show we can beat Hear7s in first Derby and stamp our Authority on them and I really don't care how we do it for that first Derby the Result is all that matters .