PDA

View Full Version : Priority Positions

Crab apple
12-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Lets assume there are only another four signings coming in and now that we have signed a right back(s) what do people think are the key positions to be filled?

Unseen work
12-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Tbh, I think every position needs looked at, 100% room for improvement everywhere in that team

truehibernian
12-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Strikers - we were relegated because we didn't replace goals - Pat I'm afraid, despite his protests, carried the can for terrible summer signings.

Team has lacked searing pace for years, where our rivals have always made that a priority.

Strikers and pace is the key - and 4-3-3 :greengrin

Stax
12-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Strikers - we were relegated because we didn't replace goals - Pat I'm afraid, despite his protests, carried the can for terrible summer signings.

Team has lacked searing pace for years, where our rivals have always made that a priority.

This 100%, lack of creativity & goals sent us down. Mind you I reckon a keeper wouldn't go amiss :greengrin.

Jonnyboy
12-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Solid spine. Keeper, centre half and main striker

Crab apple
12-07-2014, 10:29 PM

With you there True H. People underestimate the importance of speedy full backs. We went further and haven't seem to had any natural full backs at all in the first team over the last few years.

The_Horde
12-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Goalkeepers x2
Central Defenders x1
Wingers x2
Playmaker x1
strikers x2
left back x1

10 signings total including Gray.

Too much to ask?

Forza Fred
12-07-2014, 10:37 PM
At the risk of being banned for repeatedly saying the same thing....we need strikers.

The old saying " a team is only as good as it's strikers" still applies today, as it did 40 years ago.

We got relegated because we didn't basically score enough goals, and I haven't seen any waving of a magic wand since the Hamilton games, in this regard.

Anyway, it appears that the expectations of many that there would be wholesale player changes from last year just ain't gonna eventuate, and we are stuck with a lot of the dross from last season.

Surely we should have made more signings by now if we were fair dinkum about getting promoted first time around.

Ps...a goalie by the start of the season would be nice too........

neil7908
12-07-2014, 10:40 PM
GK
Centre back
Winger
Striker

That's if we could only get 4. We really need to add another 3-4 players at least on top of that though and players of real quality that can come in and make an impact, not take a season or two to get going.

sahib
12-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Lets assume there are only another four signings coming in and now that we have signed a right back(s) what do people think are the key positions to be filled?

It is doubtful whether we can sign any decent, experienced players. So, given the high probability that they will be crap, why worry?

Phil D. Rolls
12-07-2014, 11:48 PM

:agree:

Sir David Gray
13-07-2014, 12:05 AM
We scored the fewest number of goals out of all the 42 teams in the SPFL last season.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out where the most work is required.

PS-I would hope that we'll be signing far more than just four players before the end of August.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-07-2014, 12:11 AM
GK x2
CB
LB
RM
LM
AM
ST x2

Forza Fred
13-07-2014, 12:24 AM
GK x2
CB
LB
RM
LM
AM
ST x2

Probably a realistic take on what we need, but we won't end up with anything like this.

Emerald
13-07-2014, 12:29 AM

Agree, when LG went we were ****ed. He was the reason we were still in the SPL in the last two seasons. We need goals and pace as a priority. Easier said than done though.

Hibeesmad
13-07-2014, 12:31 AM
Goalkeeper
Centre Back
2 wingers
Attacking midfielder
2 strikers

Hibeesmad
13-07-2014, 12:32 AM
Do we only get 5 subs in the championship or is it still 7?

Forza Fred
13-07-2014, 12:40 AM
Do we only get 5 subs in the championship or is it still 7?

Have we got enough players for seven subs?

spike220
13-07-2014, 02:11 AM
One - Sparky

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-07-2014, 09:07 AM
I will agree with the four players that Stubbs brings in.

B.H.F.C
13-07-2014, 09:20 AM
If we don't sign a good striker we can forget promotion. Absolute priority for me. And a GK obviously.

ackeygraham
13-07-2014, 09:45 AM

Yeah agree with this....nelson caught out at Berwick three times yesterday. He's gotta be done.

DownInAlbion
13-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Gk
cb
lw
st

Eyrie
13-07-2014, 10:18 AM
GK
Centre back
Winger
Striker

That's if we could only get 4. We really need to add another 3-4 players at least on top of that though and players of real quality that can come in and make an impact, not take a season or two to get going.

Agree with this. I'd like another central midfielder, winger and striker in addition though for a total of seven players.

1875M
13-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Obviously a goalkeeper, i'd bring in another centre back too, we need pace so a winger and a regular goalscorer up top

leggeto
13-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Playmaker a must

Dublin07
13-07-2014, 10:37 AM
GK Combe as back up and a good experienced 1st choice keeper is needed.
The 2 new RB's look good
LB - Stevenson and booth are good enough for the championship and are suited to Stubbs style of play.
CB - to replace nelson with back up from Gardner. Hanlon deserves his place.
2 wingers with pace - the young lads were good yesterday but we need someone with real pace.
Midfield - we really need a playmaker/number 10. McFadden would fit the bill perfectly and show Stanton the ropes for the future.
2 good quality strikers needed that will score goals immediately. The old excuses if they work hard, they will come good etc are not enough this year. We need them to be able to get 15 goals each this season to have a chance of going up. Was really impressed with Lewis Allan yesterday think he has a great future.

steviehibsleith
13-07-2014, 11:17 AM
I agree with what many are saying i just wish we would have had at least one pre season friendly against higher opposition to really see where we are at.

NAE NOOKIE
13-07-2014, 11:36 AM
I agree with what many are saying i just wish we would have had at least one pre season friendly against higher opposition to really see where we are at.

Agree with this .... A game against Dundee Utd or Motherwell even.

On subject:

A keeper .... Dah !

Left back

Centre Half

Striker ( s )

Winger

Creative midfielder

hfc rd
13-07-2014, 12:03 PM

I'm on the same boat. Even something like a game against Motherwell or Aberdeen or Dundee United would have been a very good test for our players and Stubbs.

Anyways back to the topic, I think we need:-

1x GK
1x CB
1x LB
1x CM
2x Wingers
2x ST

AlbertK86
13-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Gk
CB
LB
RW
LW
2 x CF

Is the minimum we need if you ask me

Plenty senior options for CM in Robertson Craig Stanton OTJ Stevenson

For the last 2 years we've needed width and pace and it is still the case

Hoping Stubbs can get more out of the current crop because an awful
Lot of them were regulars in the team that fell away so badly last year

The majority of what is already gone were fringe players

I have faith in Stubbs to get the right ones in and develop our youth

GGTTH

hihohibby
13-07-2014, 01:17 PM

I agree.:agree:

R11Loaded
13-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Keeper
Centre half
Centre mid
2 wingers
One striker

6 signings needed, get about 4.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Leitherhibs
13-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Keeper
Centre half
Centre mid
2 wingers
One striker

6 signings needed, get about 4.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

We'll almost definitely sign more than 4 players.