PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Deliveries

Scouse Hibee
12-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Who regularly has Pizza's delivered or collects from the shops in Edinburgh and who do you find the best to be for quality/price/delivery time etc

La Favorita
Pizza Hut
Domino's
Or your local independent?

Mr White
12-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Used to get papa johns delivered from newington, recently been getting the la favorita tuesday offer of a pasta dish for 1.99 with any large pizza. Good pizza, particularly like the rocket and parma ham option.

Hiber-nation
12-07-2014, 06:52 PM
La Favorita by a mile. Superb pizzas and timely delivery.

Betty Boop
12-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Pierinos Bernard Street.

Gatecrasher
12-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Used to get papa johns delivered from newington, recently been getting the la favorita tuesday offer of a pasta dish for 1.99 with any large pizza. Good pizza, particularly like the rocket and parma ham option.
i usually order Pizza Hut or dominos is papa johns any good? we don't have one here.

Scouse Hibee
12-07-2014, 07:49 PM
i usually order Pizza Hut or dominos is papa johns any good? we don't have one here.

No La Favorita for you either mate, only four delivery shops just now, never had Papa Johns myself either.

Gatecrasher
12-07-2014, 07:53 PM
No La Favorita for you either mate, only four delivery shops just now, never had Papa Johns myself either.
We do have Dhillons though, the pizzas are cheaper but still decent.

Mr White
12-07-2014, 08:07 PM

Yeah papa johns is good, not too different to dominos or pizza hut really. We just got in the habit of phoning them before la favorita opened in portobello.

adhibs
12-07-2014, 11:29 PM
Always between la favorita or oregano for me. Reguarly change which I think is better

ColintonHibs
13-07-2014, 12:32 AM
La favorita is good but the thin base makes it not as filling as the other ones. Ordered a dominos today promising new improved recipe spicy bbq chicken wings. Mmm I thought. Wasn't spicy in the slightest and didnt even taste like bbq. I was so annoyed I almost phoned in lol. Think theyve changed the pizza sauce aswell it was almost inedible

ColintonHibs
13-07-2014, 12:33 AM
The hot and spicy or spicy chicken at pizza connection beats them all though!

RyeSloan
14-07-2014, 01:32 AM
Two for Tuesdays from Giovanni's in Northfield is excellent value...pizza on a par (nearly!) with La Fav.

The main chains are just silly now with their over prices menu trying to get you to spend X amount to get 50% off but still forcing you to part with £20 - £25.

dp00
14-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Hot n Spicy from pierinos on Bernard street ... Yum yum

brian6-2
14-07-2014, 02:35 PM
the chicken tikka pizza from chilli grill in corstorphine is a wee bit special.

Jones28
14-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Used to love Bodrums express when I was in Edinburgh.

Sylar
14-07-2014, 05:33 PM
We do have Dhillons though, the pizzas are cheaper but still decent.

God, I used to love Dhillons when I lived in Bathgate! Friday nights were a skyscraper burger and chips :greengrin

Their pizzas aren't bad either.

We have a wee place here called Pizza Hot - the pizzas are great and much cheaper than the main chains.

lord bunberry
14-07-2014, 06:40 PM
The price some of these places charge for a pizza is ridiculous , I used to be a baker so I worked with similar ingredients, each pizza must cost about 50p to make.

Scouse Hibee
14-07-2014, 10:06 PM
The price some of these places charge for a pizza is ridiculous , I used to be a baker so I worked with similar ingredients, each pizza must cost about 50p to make.

:greengrin I get your point but you're a bit far out with 50p, food costs have moved on a bit since you were a baker!

TRC
14-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Central takeaway teviot row for me

danhibees1875
14-07-2014, 11:01 PM
I've always found Pizza Hut delivery to be very poor.

Dominos, Papa's and La fav are all pretty good.

Had great pizza in Prezzo and Vittoria's recently too, but they don't deliver.

Godsahibby
15-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Can't stand Pizza Hut or Dominos Pizzas, for me one of the best around is a small place in Colinton Village, Pizza Connection. Was gutted when I moved and I was no longer in their delivery area!!

3pm
17-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Save yerself a few bob and get one made at Asda.

They are magic!

Scouse Hibee
17-07-2014, 07:45 PM

They are magic!

The vast majority of pizza's including asda's make your own, the bases are bought in mass produced crap. La Favs are not and are tremendous.

Gatecrasher
17-07-2014, 07:46 PM
God, I used to love Dhillons when I lived in Bathgate! Friday nights were a skyscraper burger and chips :greengrin

Their pizzas aren't bad either.

We have a wee place here called Pizza Hot - the pizzas are great and much cheaper than the main chains.
Munchy boxes are good as well :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2014, 08:00 PM

They are magic!

You are easily pleased! Supermarket pizzas are gash.

silverhibee
17-07-2014, 08:38 PM
The vast majority of pizza's including asda's make your own, the bases are bought in mass produced crap. La Favs are not and are tremendous.

Hate to say but the new one that opened at Blackhall hasn't got of to a good start, my sister ordered and were still waiting 2 1/2 hours for pizza before she told them to ram it.

And i ordered pizzas and pasta and had to phone them back as they got the pizza orders wrong, to be told quite cheekily that was what we ordered, we were of course right and they got it wrong, they sent new pizzas a hour later, gave them a second try and my son found a bit wood/stick in his pizza and the pasta was rotten, complained again and they said they would send a new delivery out but we told them to forget it and we won't use them again, they had the cheek to send me a £15 voucher in a email 2 days later but it won't get used.

Got no complaints with Dominos on Ferry Road, good pizzas always delivered in a decent time.

Scouse Hibee
17-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Hate to say but the new one that opened at Blackhall hasn't got of to a good start, my sister ordered and were still waiting 2 1/2 hours for pizza before she told them to ram it.

And i ordered pizzas and pasta and had to phone them back as they got the pizza orders wrong, to be told quite cheekily that was what we ordered, we were of course right and they got it wrong, they sent new pizzas a hour later, gave them a second try and my son found a bit wood/stick in his pizza and the pasta was rotten, complained again and they said they would send a new delivery out but we told them to forget it and we won't use them again, they had the cheek to send me a £15 voucher in a email 2 days later but it won't get used.

Got no complaints with Dominos on Ferry Road, good pizzas always delivered in a decent time.

Fair enough, can't deny that sounds awful service, always found it great myself as have friends who have ordered, one said best pasta she'd had. Not a fan of Domino's myself and I hate how many places just overload with cheese.

Scouse Hibee
17-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Munchy boxes are good as well :thumbsup:

Munchy box from Chilli grill in Corstorphine has always been excellent, though have to admit always eaten after lots of alcohol :greengrin

SteveHFC
19-07-2014, 01:48 PM
I might order a pizza tonight because of this thread :greengrin

howdenthehibby
19-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Eatalia's Brunswick place .The carry out shop belonging to Vittorias . Same people That own La Fav , same food at half the price.

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Eatalia's Brunswick place .The carry out shop belonging to Vittorias . Same people That own La Fav , same food at half the price.

Close but it's not.

Gatecrasher
15-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Got a dominos tonight, have they changed their recipe? It doesn't seem as good as it used to be.

easty
15-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Got a dominos tonight, have they changed their recipe? It doesn't seem as good as it used to be.

I've not had one for years, what did you get? I used always go for Texas BBQ.

Gatecrasher
15-08-2014, 04:51 PM
I've not had one for years, what did you get? I used always go for Texas BBQ.
Just a cheese and tomato