PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is going on?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

HH81
08-07-2014, 09:16 AM
The big kick off is 4 weeks on Saturday and the club is no further forward from this time last week. I understand we now have an assistant in but that means nothing with the squad we have. Every other teams are signing players.

I accept people are going to reply and see give them a chance but this is serious.

A team needs to be in place now to train and get gelled plus play pre season games etc. Is this another year of rubbish ahead? Are players turning Hibs down on wages?

Hibs fans are paying the highest prices in the league so this needs to get sorted straight away.

hibs0666
08-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Panic!!!!

Billychaotic182
08-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Loud noises!!

Peevemor
08-07-2014, 09:21 AM
The big kick off is 4 weeks on Saturday and the club is no further forward from this time last week. I understand we now have an assistant in but that means nothing with the squad we have. Every other teams are signing players.

I accept people are going to reply and see give them a chance but this is serious.

A team needs to be in place now to train and get gelled plus play pre season games etc. Is this another year of rubbish ahead? Are players turning Hibs down on wages?

Hibs fans are paying the highest prices in the league so this needs to get sorted straight away.

Maybe you should write to the club - they might not know.

HH81
08-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Maybe you should write to the club - they might not know.

They post on here now, they soon will. :aok:

Walter
08-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Maybe nobody has told the board that 3rd place isn't the target this year

Ronniekirk
08-07-2014, 09:29 AM

You obviously haven't read Cats Post or don't believe it There is still plenty time but agree we need to start getting these deals over the line so players can start to gel together in Training and get game time

HH81
08-07-2014, 09:35 AM
You obviously haven't read Cats Post or don't believe it There is still plenty time but agree we need to start getting these deals over the line so players can start to gel together in Training and get game time

There is not plenty of time though and everyday is a day less. If on Stubbs first day he had said we will not be getting any players in for at least 10 days this place would have gone into meltdown.

The season ended in May and were in July with no players in.

jacomo
08-07-2014, 09:39 AM
There is not plenty of time though and everyday is a day less. If on Stubbs first day he had said we will not be getting any players in for at least 10 days this place would have gone into meltdown.

By 'this place' do you mean 'I'?

It's not news that we are behind in our preparations for the forthcoming season. This is entirely due to the catastrophic collapse last term. I think the club will be aware what's needed.

Forza Fred
08-07-2014, 09:41 AM

You might get peslters for espousing this view, but I seriously worry about the lack of signings, and wonder why it is so too.

Billy McKirdy
08-07-2014, 09:42 AM

I agree, the lack of movement is a big worry for me too.
I can see the scenario where were a fortnight to ten days before our competitive kick off and nobody has signed.
I hope I'm wrong.

Dobosz83
08-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Calm down, we just skelped Vale of Leithen and kept the ball on the deck for the majority of the game. Also, we have the new John Collins breaking through in young Max Todd. That coupled with Liam Craig staying and Jason Cummings banging the goals in already - we don't need to worry about signings....:wink:

In all seriousness, check the transfers thread. It appears as though a few posters that I regard as 'in the know' are confident of 3 or 4 signings in due course - I believe that info.

I was a bit jumpy myself a few weeks back but I'm a lot more relaxed now than I was after relegation. I'm even at peace with the new kit and contemplating buying it.

Onwards and upwards... :aok:

Ronniekirk
08-07-2014, 09:46 AM

Ok plenty wasn't the right word but if cat is right and we have four signed then they will be in line for game time at weekend and by then others may be in pipeline ,so we would be getting there and yes we all know we are behind where we should be but we have to deal with that and see where we are oncefirst league game starts .The cups I think he will experiment with team as it's all about getting back up this season

Auckland Hibs
08-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Calm down, we just skelped Vale of Leithen and kept the ball on the deck for the majority of the game. Also, we have the new John Collins breaking through in young Max Todd. That coupled with Liam Craig staying and Jason Cummings banging the goals in already - we don't need to worry about signings....:wink:

In all seriousness, check the transfers thread. It appears as though a few posters that I regard as 'in the know' are confident of 3 or 4 signings in due course - I believe that info.

I was a bit jumpy myself a few weeks back but I'm a lot more relaxed now than I was after relegation. I'm even at peace with the new kit and contemplating buying it.

Onwards and upwards... :aok:

You forgot to mention the clean sheet and performance of Paolo Mal-Nelson? :cb

tamig
08-07-2014, 10:04 AM
I agree, the lack of movement is a big worry for me too.
I can see the scenario where were a fortnight to ten days before our competitive kick off and nobody has signed.
I hope I'm wrong.

Lack of movement? Do you know there's no movement? I'm sure there's a ton of work being done on the recruitment side. Stubbs said it was about quality rather than quantity. Let's see what happens. No need to panic. Let the new management team get on with their job.

Diclonius
08-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Loud noises!!

http://media.tumblr.com/87acbd903c457153967776ebeee8fbce/tumblr_inline_mweao1F8yN1sohk3w.gif

percy veer
08-07-2014, 10:15 AM
We always seem to take an age to recruit new signings and in turn revert to saying ''aye but he'll be good with a pre season under him''

Steve-O
08-07-2014, 10:16 AM
It is poor that not a single player is in yet but it's the Hibs way. Sign players late, start poorly, claim the players need to 'bed in' etc etc. We go through the same nonsense every January as well!

HFC07
08-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Stubbs did say in Saturdays interview that he will not be panic'd into buying players for the sake of it they must be the right players.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9372797/scottish-championship-hibernian-beat-vale-of-leithen-in-pre-season-friendly

I trust he will bring in the right calibre of player, Im sure Stubbs will have a team ready for kick off come 9th August :hibees

mutley
08-07-2014, 10:27 AM
Didn't LD say at teh weekend that there will be signings announced this week? So to me, that means up to Friday counts as this week

Keith_M
08-07-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm sure we all want to see new players arriving ASAP but there is a limit to how quickly these things can be done. Yes, it isn't great that we seem to be leaving it late (again) but I'm sure there's lots of work going on in the background.

Bronson
08-07-2014, 10:35 AM
I've been happy enough just to sit back and let Stubbs and Dempster to their thing when bringing in players but I'm starting to get a bit concerned that still no one is in the door so close to the new season. The team won't have time to gel at this rate, it all seems very unorganised.

H13BYM
08-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Maybe, just maybe.... they have been signing players in the background under a veil of secrecy (banning the players from tweeting etc about it) and then one day there will be a mass unveiling of ........ a whole new squad!!! :thumbsup:

..........Okay then , maybe not. :cb

GreenCastle
08-07-2014, 10:42 AM
5 year plan..

transition season..

Butchers players..Fenlons duds..

I don't want to hear any of that this season :grr:

Just win some football games and create a team that can score goals - ideally through passing football.

Hermit Crab
08-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Don't :panic:

--------
08-07-2014, 10:49 AM
It is poor that not a single player is in yet but it's the Hibs way. Sign players late, start poorly, claim the players need to 'bed in' etc etc. We go through the same nonsense every January as well!

It's not "the Hibs' way". It's the way the board have done things for the past 7-10 years. It's one of the things that needs to change about the club.

It's one very good reason why change at the top of the club has to go a lot farther, deeper, and faster than it has thus far.

There is a world of difference between running a football club in an efficient and business-like manner, and running a football club as if it were just another business.

The first has a really good chance of bringing success.

The second lands us right where we are now.

Back shopping in the bargain basement.

hihohibby
08-07-2014, 11:04 AM
I understand the OP's concerns. This is the first season that I can recall when so many players were required so late in the day. Not only this, but any new player coming in will be expected to hit the ground running and be under severe pressure to deliver. Promotion is not a bonus, or a choice, it's a ruthless singular mission. The collective mind set must be to out perform The Rangers and Hearts over a whole season and remain focused and energised when dealing with a few banana skins, lower profile teams, on freezing, wet January nights, where every dropped point is a lift for our fiercest rivals. It's also a big, BIG, ask of Alan Stubbs to coach, motivate and shape a bunch of strangers in a few short weeks and over the course of 1 season into a title winning/promotion team.

HibbySpurs
08-07-2014, 11:11 AM
At this time I'm happy to agree with the quality v quantity mantra and to be fair if Stubbs is looking at "quality" some of these guys will have offers on the table from Premiership clubs and convincing them to come to Hibs in a lower league even though we're a bigger club may be tricky at times.....

However as each day passes then concerns will start to grow and I guess we would all liked to have seen at least acouple of decent signings through the door by now......

Regardless of the quality though the next 10 days or so are crucial for getting players in and into training with the rest of the squad, if nothing has happened by the end of next week I'd start to be very concerned.....

I dont think it'll come to that though :aok:

Mark79
08-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Biggest thing for me is the pre season training bit. We need guys in that are getting prepared like the rest of them for what will be a tough season.

I cant understand why a goalie hasnt beem lined up quicker. We all new williams was away ages ago and they obviously weren't keen on murdoch so why wasnt a goalie lined up. Its a key position and probably the most important one to gel with his back 4 and inspire confidence in the rest of the team as a consequence.

Brooster
08-07-2014, 11:27 AM

How do you know they are no further forward than this time last week? Are you just guessing?

HH81
08-07-2014, 11:32 AM
How do you know they are no further forward than this time last week? Are you just guessing?

I go by actions, no annoucements have been made so to me the squad rebuild has not yet started.

Charnley 4
08-07-2014, 11:35 AM
As much as it is painful not to see us sign ANYBODY... I really think that to get a new spine of the team (GK, CH, CM, ST) with just that extra bit of quality we're just going to have to wait a bit longer. If we can get these guys paraded at the same time though I would be delighted. A real signal of intent for the season.

Gatecrasher
08-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Didn't LD say at teh weekend that there will be signings announced this week? So to me, that means up to Friday counts as this week

I'm sure she did, thats why I think we should kick back and see what happens, no point about getting worked up over something the club have said is in hand.

Lucius Apuleius
08-07-2014, 11:40 AM
We have built it, now they will come.

Brooster
08-07-2014, 11:40 AM
I go by actions, no annoucements have been made so to me the squad rebuild has not yet started.

You must be right then, Hibs have made no effort whatsoever in the last week to bring players in. Pretty bad eh.

spike220
08-07-2014, 11:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hlcUMNeBc0

Steven_Hibs
08-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Petrie is still involved therefore last week of window deals are a stick on, to avoid the paying of wages! Thought we knew this

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Petrie is still involved therefore last week of window deals are a stick on, to avoid the paying of wages! Thought we knew this

Is he?

HH81
08-07-2014, 11:48 AM
You must be right then, Hibs have made no effort whatsoever in the last week to bring players in. Pretty bad eh.

I am right, no players have been announced. I am not saying they are not trying but they need to get them over the line and quick.

IWasThere2016
08-07-2014, 11:48 AM

I agree - but it could be worse - we could be in Blackpool: http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/time-to-worry-blackpool-fans

Golden Bear
08-07-2014, 11:53 AM

:yawn:

GreenCastle
08-07-2014, 11:53 AM
I go by actions, no announcements have been made so to me the squad rebuild has not yet started.

Actions have to be taking place behind the scenes.

Announcements are different.

I do agree about the GK situation - surely if Marsella is still involved he would have a shopping list - we knew Williams was going for months.

There is time but like others have mentioned Stubbs is going to have to do a great job getting them to gel and start well as we have a tough first few games - including a derby. Lost that and the pressure already mounts.

BoltonHibee
08-07-2014, 11:54 AM

We are not getting promoted this season so there probably is no need to panic.

greenpaper55
08-07-2014, 11:57 AM
We have just brought in a new assistant to AS and i expect players to arrive shortly once they have had a chance to look at the squad-won't take long but between them they must have lots of contacts.

HH81
08-07-2014, 11:59 AM
I agree - but it could be worse - we could be in Blackpool: http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/time-to-worry-blackpool-fans

They would still beat us. :greengrin

Peevemor
08-07-2014, 12:02 PM

Is he?

:yawn:

Don't be surprised by Steven_Hibs' negativity guys, it's his thang!

http://www.hibs.net/search.php?searchid=834508

Brooster
08-07-2014, 12:08 PM
I am right, no players have been announced. I am not saying they are not trying but they need to get them over the line and quick.

Yes you are, you said they are no further forward. You don't know if they are any further forward or not, I think you are just making things up.

HH81
08-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Yes you are, you said they are no further forward. You don't know if they are any further forward or not, I think you are just making things up.

Stop trying to be the hero, i meant no further forward in terms of getting confirmed signed contract from players. If you need to understand more then the current amount signed is zero.

In terms of the club working toward this then im not stupid enough to think they are not but actions speak louder than words. Lets make some signings please.

Brooster
08-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Stop trying to be the hero, i meant no further forward in terms of getting confirmed signed contract from players. If you need to understand more then the current amount signed is zero.

In terms of the club working toward this then im not stupid enough to think they are not but actions speak louder than words. Lets make some signings please.

But they have signed players, they just haven't announced them.

HH81
08-07-2014, 12:21 PM

Which players are these then?

LancsHibs
08-07-2014, 12:22 PM

Why sign players and not announce them? Doesn't make sense!

Brooster
08-07-2014, 12:25 PM

I'm not willing to say. All will be revealed soon enough.

Golden Bear

It's simple - it allows the fans to moan that bit longer about the lack of signings.

:wink:

IWasThere2016

This.

Borderhibbie76
08-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Can't believe so many are relaxed about this...how come it takes us longer than other teams every year? ? And this quality we keep hearing about...well ill believe it when I see it as quality tends to get snapped up early doors in transfer windows...not at tail end. We are so far behind yams, huns and even Falkirk just now in prep its frightening! ! New manager and chief exec but same old Hibs!! And we are asked to pay 400 quid for a ST to watch who exactly???

Aldo
08-07-2014, 12:30 PM

Do you ever have anything positive to post?? Your becoming very predictable and very very boring btw.

Change the record with yur negative drivel please

HH81
08-07-2014, 12:34 PM

Why you not willing to say if the contracts have been signed? Can you not understand how some fans are completly pissed off with the way this summer has gone?

I actually think given time Stubbs will do a good job but at the present time were miles away from this.

heretoday
08-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Can't believe so many are relaxed about this...how come it takes us longer than other teams every year? ? And this quality we keep hearing about...well ill believe it when I see it as quality tends to get snapped up early doors in transfer windows...not at tail end. We are so far behind yams, huns and even Falkirk just now in prep its frightening! ! New manager and chief exec but same old Hibs!! And we are asked to pay 400 quid for a ST to watch who exactly???

:agree:

Devine
08-07-2014, 12:43 PM
We are fed the same lines every year about waiting for the 'right' signings and not to 'panic'. Yet every year we end up with the dross, start the season badly and claim the players need time to 'bed in'. I can't believe people are so relaxed about this again we cannot afford to start slowly

Brooster
08-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Why you not willing to say if the contracts have been signed? Can you not understand how some fans are completly pissed off with the way this summer has gone?

I actually think given time Stubbs will do a good job but at the present time were miles away from this.

Not my style, I'll let Hibs announce them. Which they will in due course despite you going bonkers about it all.

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2014, 12:45 PM
We are fed the same lines every year about waiting for the 'right' signings and not to 'panic'. Yet every year we end up with the dross, start the season badly and claim the players need time to 'bed in'. I can't believe people are so relaxed about this again we cannot afford to start slowly

Have we been fed the same lines this year?

Ronniekirk
08-07-2014, 12:47 PM
The nameless ones ,until they are officially announced.It helps build up the excitement as not a lot else happening .

jacomo
08-07-2014, 12:48 PM
We are not getting promoted this season so there probably is no need to panic.

Oh yes we are!

Failure to reach the play offs at least would be failure. I am sure our new leaders won't tolerate that.

PeterboroHibee

As frustrated as I am by the lack of transfer activity, I dont think you can say that is true. Stubb's will have put his own style on the team and I imagine his ideas and way of working are hugely different to Butchers, and hes already had a chance to assess some of the younger guys. Only time will tell if that ultimately delivers on the pitch, but its all part of the 'rebuilding' process. I fully expect us to make 4-5 signings this week, which I imagine will be around half the players we end up bringing in. With around 4 weeks to go until the league season starts, Id say thats a good number to work with initially.

Corstorphine Hibby
Maybe nobody has told the board that 3rd place isn't the target this year

I thought it was ?

silverhibee
08-07-2014, 12:49 PM

Are the players contracted to clubs or are they pre contracts or a bit of both. :thumbsup:

R'Albin
08-07-2014, 12:51 PM

Any chance you could tell us how many players? :greengrin

Brooster
08-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Are the players contracted to clubs or are they pre contracts or a bit of both. :thumbsup:

The ones I know are both.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Panic on the streets of Carlton,
Panic on the streets of sunnyside
and I wonder to myself...
Could life ever be the same?

robinp
08-07-2014, 12:54 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/b9482670c4ed8d880691858a4a62a219/tumblr_inline_n7q7qw4gEl1r1jtxd.gif

GreenCastle
08-07-2014, 12:54 PM
The one hope I do have is both Stubbs and Doolan have contacts down south.

The hard part is getting players from down south to come and live up here.

Doolan I also hear is a good coach so will probably get more out of what we had last season.

I am hoping we bring in a x2 GK's

A RB, CB, LB

Wide player, ACM, playmaker (who can run games and can pick a final pass)

Strikers x 2 or ideally 3

Also leadership - a decent signing / club captain would help - though can't see this happening.

Lot's needed - will we go for it ? or just bring in a few to supplement what we had ?

calder45a
08-07-2014, 01:15 PM

Are you impressed with the signings?

truehibernian
08-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Have we 'signed' a new goalkeeping coach ? Just got a text saying we have a new one as of now ??

Aldo
08-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Have we 'signed' a new goalkeeping coach ? Just got a text saying we have a new one as of now ??

Scott Thomson returned from his exile in Cowdenbeath maybe??

TRC
08-07-2014, 01:32 PM
I'd much rather we kept quiet till the first game of the season, then they just walk out and its a guess who game!

Charnley 4
08-07-2014, 01:38 PM
Feels a bit like what it would be like to be 10 years old, on the 20th December... having being adopted by new parents and knowing you have a bunch of christmas presents but no idea what you are going to get.

Lucius Apuleius
08-07-2014, 01:44 PM

Just to set my head at peace, apart from Boyd and Miller to the hun (who despite their age I reckon will score a few) could you give me a list of who else has been bought by the teams that will be our main competitors (hopefully) next season? Ones that you feel we should have signed.

Keith_M
08-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Feels a bit like what it would be like to be 10 years old, on the 20th December... having being adopted by new parents and knowing you have a bunch of christmas presents but no idea what you are going to get.

Why did you have to bring back THAT memory?

:boo hoo:

scoopyboy
08-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Brooster knows. :thumbsup:

Heard the new goalkeeping coach may well be the chap from Falkirk. He was in the press today as he had dealings with Tim Krul.

George Craig would have knowledge of him.

scoopyboy
08-07-2014, 01:56 PM

Actions are ongoing however.

In an earlier post you said we were no further forward than a week ago, that is simply wrong.

You are implying nobody is bothering their backside, nothing could be further from the truth.

--------
08-07-2014, 01:58 PM

Heard the new goalkeeping coach may well be the chap from Falkirk. He was in the press today as he had dealings with Tim Krul.

Does he? :rolleyes:

It appears that wanting to know what exactly might be happening at the club is out of order.

"Father knows best and pay up now for your ST like a good little Hibby."

Viva_Palmeiras
08-07-2014, 01:59 PM
This.

Psychology? Maybe it's about earning the contract AND performling in training before Alan announces you've arrived - it's more than signing on the line.

Borderhibbie76
08-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Just to set my head at peace, apart from Boyd and Miller to the hun (who despite their age I reckon will score a few) could you give me a list of who else has been bought by the teams that will be our main competitors (hopefully) next season? Ones that you feel we should have signed.
Ive not got the time nor the inclination to list them for you mate and regardless of what you think of the quality of these signings, these teams have their signings bedded in early and featuring in pre season games. Off top of my head, both Darren McGregor (der hun) and Neil Alexander (yams) are better than what we currently have imo...

--------
Psychology? Maybe it's about earning the contract AND performling in training before Alan announces you've arrived - it's more than signing on the line.

That would be devious even for Hibs, surely.

If you sign a player, you tell the supporters you've done so. What possible reasonable reason can there be for signing players but not telling anyone?

(Except Brooster, that is. :rolleyes:)

TowerHibs
The obsession of posters who must know what is going on at the club is rather strange. And if they don't know, this equates to nothing is happening. Weirdos!!!

I'll go with what Stubbs said on Saturday after VoL match. Plenty of players available and want to come. He is desperate not to make any mistakes in getting the wrong players in. Why not let the guy get his job done.

Bed wetters everywhere - do you act like this in your every day life???

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Stop hassling Brooster ffs, if he doesn't want to say wha he knows then he doesn't have to. He's only trying to clear things up for us and let us know what's happening without giving too much away.

All will revealed sooner than you think.

FranckSuzy
08-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Stop hassling Brooster ffs, if he doesn't want to say wha he knows then he doesn't have to. He's only trying to clear things up for us and let us know what's happening without giving too much away.

All will revealed sooner than you think.

As an ITK poster, can you not give us a few clues? :greengrin

hfc rd
08-07-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm sure their will be a couple of new signings made. But I don't know when and who they are going to be?

hibs0666
08-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Ive not got the time nor the inclination to list them for you mate and regardless of what you think of the quality of these signings, these teams have their signings bedded in early and featuring in pre season games. Off top of my head, both Darren McGregor (der hun) and Neil Alexander (yams) are better than what we currently have imo...

All the more reason to make sure that we do everything we can get the right players in surely?

scoopyboy
08-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Does he? :rolleyes:

It appears that wanting to know what exactly might be happening at the club is out of order.

"Father knows best and pay up now for your ST like a good little Hibby."

Yip, he sure does.

We are all interested in who we are signing, I am no different.

As I'm sure you know Hibs have signed players previously and waited to announce them.

My take is they want to announce a group at once, for maximum effect. Personally I would announce them at a gap of two day intervals.

Falkirk announced five signings one day last week, does all the doubters on here believe that they all happened to sign at exactly the same time?

NOLA
08-07-2014, 02:25 PM

think your the one making things up now. you cant prove they have so why post such pish.

--------
08-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Yip, he sure does.

We are all interested in who we are signing, I am no different.

As I'm sure you know Hibs have signed players previously and waited to announce them.

My take is they want to announce a group at once, for maximum effect. Personally I would announce them at a gap of two day intervals.

Falkirk announced five signings one day last week, does all the doubters on here believe that they all happened to sign at exactly the same time?

Well, I'll take your word (and Brooster's) for it.

But it's just beginning to feel a wee bit to much like same old, same old.

Speedway
08-07-2014, 02:29 PM
If you knew how Brooster knows what he knows, you'd know how he knows. Who knew?

Livingston announced six signings all at once so not only will they finish higher up the league than us but they also managed to get all six players to sign on the exact same day.

Good going that.

Unless of course...

Baldy Foghorn
08-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Confident of seeing 3 or 4 announced this week.....No panic......

Last Minute
08-07-2014, 02:31 PM

Jim Preston

hibs0666
08-07-2014, 02:32 PM
If you knew how Brooster knows what he knows, you'd know how he knows. Who knew?

Livingston announced six signings all at once so not only will they finish higher up the league than us but they also managed to get all six players to sign on the exact same day.

Good going that.

Unless of course...

Six signings means that Livi will win the league. Falkirk are a stick-on for second after 5 signings while the the Big Cheats and Wee Cheats will joust for third and fourth.

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Six signings means that Livi will win the league. Falkirk are a stick-on for second after 5 signings while the the Big Cheats and Wee Cheats will joust for third and fourth.

But if we announce eight signings on Friday, will that guarantee us the league?

Barman Stanton
08-07-2014, 02:41 PM
It's understandable people being anxious to find out who we are signing. It seems like ages ago we were relegated and released almost a full team with not one replacement brought in yet. And the fact that our challengers have all added to their teams is not helping folks patience. We all want the same thing, an improved Hibs team that can actually compete for this league.

Keith_M
08-07-2014, 02:42 PM

Which post? Link?

Brooster
08-07-2014, 02:43 PM
think your the one making things up now. you cant prove they have so why post such pish.

Haha, jog on.

scoopyboy
Jim Preston

That's the fellow. Thanks mate.

hibs0666

I take it you know that Brooster is talking pish? Personally I think you are talking pish.

we are hibs
08-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Club really needs to get a move on and get a grip, making people who are undecided sway the way of not getting a season ticket!

NOLA
08-07-2014, 02:50 PM
I take it you know that Brooster is talking pish? Personally I think you are talking pish.

Seeing as he can't back it up on here he shouldn't be saying we have signed players.

Steven_Hibs
08-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Don't be surprised by Steven_Hibs' negativity guys, it's his thang!

http://www.hibs.net/search.php?searchid=834508

Find it hard to be positive these last few years to be honest

HibbySpurs
08-07-2014, 02:59 PM
I thought the delay was that all the signings we've made are still stuck playing for some diddy cup in Brazil??????????

:taxi

Onion
08-07-2014, 03:02 PM

Relax. Those strips and lack of signings is just Petrie's sense of humour :greengrin

scoopyboy
08-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Seeing as he can't back it up on here he shouldn't be saying we have signed players.

I think he was merely trying to put peoples minds at rest.

If people hadn't accused the club of doing nothing then he might not have posted.

He could back it up but he would be betraying a confidence.

Lucius Apuleius
08-07-2014, 03:08 PM

Hmmm, not very many then?

Borderhibbie76
08-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Im not trying to argue mate, clearly ur happy we were relegated 2 months ago and have signed nobody despite releasing almost a full squad of players. I will happily be proved wrong if we storm to league title ahead of the ugly sisters...but we seriously need to get a shift on!! And LD wonders why ST sales have stalled since May???

HH81
08-07-2014, 03:12 PM
I think he was merely trying to put peoples minds at rest.

If people hadn't accused the club of doing nothing then he might not have posted.

He could back it up but he would be betraying a confidence.

The kit was leaked and the club announced it the next day. Now its been leaked that players have signed lets hope this has the same effect.

Just because you know a little more than us does not mean we cant state what it looks like from outside the club. I don't know any other club except maybe Blackpool (after the post on here today) that have not made a summer signing!

scoopyboy
08-07-2014, 03:15 PM
The kit was leaked and the club announced it the next day. Now its been leaked that players have signed lets hope this has the same effect.

Just because you know a little more than us does not mean we cant state what it looks like from outside the club. I don't know any other club except maybe Blackpool (after the post on here today) that have not made a summer signing!

I understand your frustration but I don't know much more than the average Joe Punter in most instances.

I am confident that a lot of Hibs fans will be happier by the end of the week though.

Thecat23
08-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Chillax mofo's, if we don't announce 4 players by the end of the week, I'll buy everyone on here a water and even add the ice if you want.

Yep... That's how I roll!!!!

silverhibee
08-07-2014, 03:17 PM
The ones I know are both.

Cheers

Nutmegged
08-07-2014, 03:21 PM
St Johnstone haven't signed anyone either, they won the Scottish and finished top 6 too.

Tommy Wright was having a moan in the papera today about how he's been told they can't afford to make moves right now

lord bunberry
08-07-2014, 03:21 PM
The whole situation we find ourselves in is completely unnaceptable
Being relegated-unacceptable
Taking 2 weeks to sack Butcher-unnaceptable
Not having any new players- unnaceptable
As bad as things were around a month ago, things have already improved we've got a new CEO, a new manager and assistant, a new head of football operations and hopefully a new vision for the club. Everyone would like to have all our transfer business done by now but it was never going to be the case when the decision to sack Butcher was made.
There's never been a more important time to get the right players in than now, bringing in 2 or 3 players quickly to appease the fans may well have ended with us having the wrong players. As frustraited as I am with the position we find ourselves in, we must give Stubbs the time to get the right players in that will have us challenging up the top end of the league. Hopefully starting this week.

Lester B
08-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Im not trying to argue mate, clearly ur happy we were relegated 2 months ago and have signed nobody despite releasing almost a full squad of players. I will happily be proved wrong if we storm to league title ahead of the ugly sisters...but we seriously need to get a shift on!! And LD wonders why ST sales have stalled since May???

No one is happy we got relegated. Not everyone goes into a full blown freak out about the fact that no one has been pictured on the stand with a scarf yet. Talks are clearly ongoing with some deals already done and some nearly there. Your get a shift on comment suggests you believe little to nothing is happening about getting new players in. You don't believe that surely?

Brooster
08-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Chillax mofo's, if we don't announce 4 players by the end of the week, I'll buy everyone on here a water and even add the ice if you want.

Cat - your mailbox is rammed and not accepting any more mail.

gorgie greens
08-07-2014, 03:32 PM

But more than we have,

Borderhibbie76
No one is happy we got relegated. Not everyone goes into a full blown freak out about the fact that no one has been pictured on the stand with a scarf yet. Talks are clearly ongoing with some deals already done and some nearly there. Your get a shift on comment suggests you believe little to nothing is happening about getting new players in. You don't believe that surely?
I dont doubt things are happening but why do we always take so long?? Its not just this season, this happens time and again at Hibs. Can u honestly say waiting till end of Jan got us quality? ? I give u Haynes, Boateng and Watmore. OR last summer, James Collins, Michael Nelson etc. So biding our time in the past has not worked, I hope like we all do that it does this time, but the fan base is seriously low in morale just now and needs a lift!!

Thecat23
Cat - your mailbox is rammed and not accepting any more mail.

Sorted now mate.

Iggy Pope
08-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Amazingly (and not that long ago), the first we used to know about a signing came from the back pages of the Evening News. And a great deal of those signings turned out to be rats cocks.

Social networking now allows us to satisfy our thirst for private information to demand of people we don't even know, to 'prove it' ...(This social network wouldn't let me quote Nola, so maybe he has me on ignore.)

Just this once I feel sorry for the ITK messengers / Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lester B
08-07-2014, 03:43 PM
I dont doubt things are happening but why do we always take so long?? Its not just this season, this happens time and again at Hibs. Can u honestly say waiting till end of Jan got us quality? ? I give u Haynes, Boateng and Watmore. OR last summer, James Collins, Michael Nelson etc. So biding our time in the past has not worked, I hope like we all do that it does this time, but the fan base is seriously low in morale just now and needs a lift!!

The lift will come at the end of the week. I don't think the players you list and more importantly the circumstances in which they signed are analogous here. Previous signings did seem like last minute fifth choice scrambling for anyone to sign. Doesn't feel that way this time to me at least. It does seem that it is taking ages and we are all dying for news of new faces. Maybe we are all just impatient for progress?

Borderhibbie76
08-07-2014, 03:45 PM
The lift will come at the end of the week. I don't think the players you list and more importantly the circumstances in which they signed are analogous here. Previous signings did seem like last minute fifth choice scrambling for anyone to sign. Doesn't feel that way this time to me at least. It does seem that it is taking ages and we are all dying for news of new faces. Maybe we are all just impatient for progress?
Very possible mate, lets hope good news comes our way by end of week as predicted and gives us all a much needed lift...its been one hell of a summer so far!!

TowerHibs
08-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Amazingly (and not that long ago), the first we used to know about a signing came from the back pages of the Evening News. And a great deal of those signings turned out to be rats cocks.

Social networking now allows us to satisfy our thirst for private information to demand of people we don't even know, to 'prove it' ...(This social network wouldn't let me quote Nola, so maybe he has me on ignore.)

Just this once I feel sorry for the ITK messengers / Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

I'm not sure how many people on here managed to let go of the knobs years ago when u had to rely on the papers. A lot of pishy pants on here.

Lester B
08-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Very possible mate, lets hope good news comes our way by end of week as predicted and gives us all a much needed lift...its been one hell of a summer so far!!

Been the longest close season I can remember bud. We just have to wait just a wee bit longer. And if we have no one confirmed by close of play on Friday this place will go mental. Including me!!!

Caversham Green
08-07-2014, 04:08 PM

IIRC we also signed Thomson and McGivern on continuation, Craig on a pre-contract and Vine and Tudur-Jones from other clubs all relatively early in the close season - plus the young guy from Hearts (who looked to me like a promising winger played out of position). All looked like decent signing and all were done in good time for the new season, but they seem to be disregarded when we discuss the club's signing policy.

Waxy
08-07-2014, 04:10 PM
I'd rather we took our time when signing players rather than panic into signing players we're not certain about. This will decide how we perform over the next couple of seasons. I'd be more worried if we'd already signed 6 or 7.

Dashing Bob S
08-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Oh relax, your tiresome little divas! Bobby understands from an impeccable source that all is in hand. :wink:

Yes, it's Petrie, seeing as you ask. :na na:

greenlex
08-07-2014, 04:15 PM
IIRC we also signed Thomson and McGivern on continuation, Craig on a pre-contract and Vine and Tudur-Jones from other clubs all relatively early in the close season - plus the young guy from Hearts (who looked to me like a promising winger played out of position). All looked like decent signing and all were done in good time for the new season, but they seem to be disregarded when we discuss the club's signing policy.We always have signings in fairly early in the windows. This window seems to be the exception but the managerial situation not being sorted early enough to facilitate this.

Keith_M
08-07-2014, 04:33 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?286684-Official-Site-Right-back-Gray-Joins-Hibernian

HH81
08-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Glad this thread helped the anmouncement. :-)

Ronniekirk
08-07-2014, 04:39 PM

Am not saying I am happy that we still haven't signed anyone but this isn't the week that the Transfer window closes so if Cat and Brooster are right and we do bring in several signings this week we still have time to bring in more .I am taking into account all the Turmoil and change in the past month and the fact Stubbs is only a few weeks in the job and his assistant only arrived on Saturday .So you. Would expect signings this week and next
but yes agree we have had a tendency to drag things out but that was when Petrie was negotiator .Its now Leeann so she may want to wait and please us with a clutch of quality signings announced on the same day .was she not due to attend the Four In the Hand Supporters meeting this week with a question and answer session ? She would have to indicate something positive at that event if no announcement before then .

Barman Stanton
08-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Glad we have announced a signing, and a position we needed filled as well. A bit confused as to why the other players that have apparently signed have not been announced at the same time though.

Lucius Apuleius
08-07-2014, 05:11 PM

Wow. So much ****** in one place. HTF do you decide I am happy we were relegated?

Lucius Apuleius
08-07-2014, 05:14 PM
But more than we have,

Ok, if you have read the whole thread , can you tell me what players have been signed by our rivals that we should havebeen in for?

Lucius Apuleius
08-07-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm not sure how many people on here managed to let go of the knobs years ago when u had to rely on the papers. A lot of pishy pants on here.

We never had a transfer window then.😄

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2014, 05:23 PM

Lewis77
08-07-2014, 05:34 PM
What the hell is going on? Anything exciting? Anything worth running round with your head in your hands screaming about?

ekhibee
08-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Ok, if you have read the whole thread , can you tell me what players have been signed by our rivals that we should havebeen in for?
What's that got to do with anything? Just so that you can shoot him down? He was just frustrated that there's not been any signings, a lot of other people think that way too.

Brightside
08-07-2014, 05:48 PM
There are plenty more coming....everyone calm down! :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-07-2014, 06:19 PM

Think you owe someone an apology :wink:

hibs0666
08-07-2014, 06:23 PM

Woopsy. :aok:

Lucius Apuleius
08-07-2014, 06:42 PM
What's that got to do with anything? Just so that you can shoot him down? He was just frustrated that there's not been any signings, a lot of other people think that way too.

:confused::confused: You have lost me here. The chap asked why we were always last and stated every other team had strengthened. I disputed it. Nobody shot him down. I disagreed with him.

Arch Stanton
08-07-2014, 06:43 PM
I don't know why it's such a big deal that ST sales are low. If we have a successful season then there will be more money through the turnstiles from walk-ups.

I also don't know why people want to see signings in quantity. That's now how Mowbray did it and that didn't work out so badly.

Our problems in recent years have been getting players to play to their potential and as a team - it seems to me our coaching set-up is pretty damn good. Worth a mention I thought.

brog
08-07-2014, 07:44 PM
You know, in my arrogance of being a Hibs fan I always thought of us as being so much better than our major rivals in Scotland, what used to be the OF obviously & the tax cheating inhabitants of the PBS even more obviously. Now, reading this thread, for the first time in my decades of supporting Hibs I have my doubts. The negativity, & sorry, stupidity of some of the posts is ridiculous. It's 2 weeks today since we appointed a young, ambitious & intelligent manager to take us back to the top. He's made huge progress already & made several statements regarding how he's going to move forward, the most important of which is he's not going to sign every player stuck in front of him by agents. Now either you buy into what AS is saying or effectively you say he's lying to us. I trust AS, do you?

Jonnyboy
08-07-2014, 07:46 PM
You know, in my arrogance of being a Hibs fan I always thought of us as being so much better than our major rivals in Scotland, what used to be the OF obviously & the tax cheating inhabitants of the PBS even more obviously. Now, reading this thread, for the first time in my decades of supporting Hibs I have my doubts. The negativity, & sorry, stupidity of some of the posts is ridiculous. It's 2 weeks today since we appointed a young, ambitious & intelligent manager to take us back to the top. He's made huge progress already & made several statements regarding how he's going to move forward, the most important of which is he's not going to sign every player stuck in front of him by agents. Now either you buy into what AS is saying or effectively you say he's lying to us. I trust AS, do you?

:top marks

HH81
08-07-2014, 07:56 PM

Brog, I don't see anyone saying they they dont trust AS. Every fan has a right to be concerned given the zero signings up until today.

Now that one has been confirmed lets hope there are many more to follow but FFS everyone has a right to post what ever they want within reason!!!!

patch1875
08-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Unskinny bop

JIm
08-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Brog, I don't see anyone saying they they dont trust AS. Every fan has a right to be concerned given the zero signings up until today.

Now that one has been confirmed lets hope there are many more to follow but FFS everyone has a right to post what ever they want within reason!!!!

Your right they do, just a shame there's been so much bed wetting going on! Patience is a virtue.

For record Broosters info as most regulars on here know is usually spot on.

Keep them coming Alan

over the line
08-07-2014, 08:14 PM
I am also concerned at the sluggish pace of new signings and I check the web about every 40 mins throughout the day, checking for news of some class signings, as I am sure most of you do too?

But obviously this season is not only huge in importance for the club, it is a huge task as well! There is no getting away from the enormity of the task of getting promoted at the first attempt. We won't do that with the wrong players, its no time to waste time and money on merely shirt fillers. We just need to trust in AS and hope he has a master plan, we don't have a choice really.

But equally we defo won't get promoted with no players, so come on AS, pull yer finger out fella! ;)

brog
08-07-2014, 08:15 PM

I would never dream of stopping or censoring anyone's comments or thoughts, that would go against every principle I hold dearly. You however started this thread by stating we were no further forward than a week ago when we obviously are/were. We've made a statement re season tickets, not necessarily to everyone's liking, we've launched a new strip, also controversial, we've appointed an assistant head coach, we've effectively resigned last season's captain who is making hugely positive noises about the new regime, we've won our 1st game, featuring 2 trialists & several u-20 players who never previously featured & today we made our 1st signing. By any standards that's significant progress & I have no doubt we'll see more visible signs of progress in the next few days. I look forward to seeing you starting a thread acknowledging that progress.

over the line
08-07-2014, 09:37 PM
I hope AS hasn't got any Brazilians lined up!?!?! ;)

Hibbyradge
08-07-2014, 10:14 PM
I am also concerned at the sluggish pace of new signings and I check the web about every 40 mins throughout the day, checking for news of some class signings,

A watched kettle never boils...

Nutmegged
08-07-2014, 10:18 PM

If yer kettle's still booling after 40 minutes you need a new one pronto

Hibbyradge
08-07-2014, 10:23 PM
If yer kettle's still booling after 40 minutes you need a new one pronto

My name's not pronto

over the line
09-07-2014, 07:02 AM

Just checked out this theory and can report back that........ yes it does. ;)

NOLA
09-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Think you owe someone an apology :wink:
Yep I do sorry brooster, just hate it when itk chaps don't spill the beans seeing as the signing will be announced anyhow ;) sorry pal

Greenworld
09-07-2014, 07:28 AM
I would never dream of stopping or censoring anyone's comments or thoughts, that would go against every principle I hold dearly. You however started this thread by stating we were no further forward than a week ago when we obviously are/were. We've made a statement re season tickets, not necessarily to everyone's liking, we've launched a new strip, also controversial, we've appointed an assistant head coach, we've effectively resigned last season's captain who is making hugely positive noises about the new regime, we've won our 1st game, featuring 2 trialists & several u-20 players who never previously featured & today we made our 1st signing. By any standards that's significant progress & I have no doubt we'll see more visible signs of progress in the next few days. I look forward to seeing you starting a thread acknowledging that progress.
Well said I too need to take a chill pill we all want everything right now. Thats the world we live in.

Just remember LD is dealing with agents who I would imagine stretch her patience to the limit trying to get that wee bit extra for their player.

I do agree with Brog you can surley see massive changes are taking place within the club and the players we all crave will be here soon.
Will we like them thats a different discussion. ....;)

Iggy Pope
09-07-2014, 07:40 AM

:greengrin
I am liking this.
Let's call her Leeanne.
We already have Jack and Victor in the shape of Rod and Sir Tom.
And we already have a Tam running the Bendix.
Let's give Stubbsy a Bowie cut, call him Boaby and stick him behind the bar in Behind The Goals.
All we need is a signing with a wooden leg (better than what we have though) and one from the sub-continent to stick in the Albion Bar and we've got a series.
Has to be better than the Fitba'...

blackpoolhibs
09-07-2014, 08:07 AM
:greengrin
I am liking this.
Let's call her Leeanne.
We already have Jack and Victor in the shape of Rod and Sir Tom.
And we already have a Tam running the Bendix.
Let's give Stubbsy a Bowie cut, call him Boaby and stick him behind the bar in Behind The Goals.
All we need is a signing with a wooden leg (better than what we have though) and one from the sub-continent to stick in the Albion Bar and we've got a series.
Has to be better than the Fitba'...

Nooooo, Petrie is always going to be cast as Tam. :wink:

Hibbyradge
09-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Just checked out this theory and can report back that........ yes it does. ;)

Correct! (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140708/right-back-gray-joins-hibernian_2262950_3974077)

Brooster
09-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Yep I do sorry brooster, just hate it when itk chaps don't spill the beans seeing as the signing will be announced anyhow ;) sorry pal

No probs Nola. I knew David was in for a medical yesterday and was almost certainly signing but I couldn't mention it on here. If my contacts ask me to keep quiet I must do so, otherwise the info dries up.

Golden Bear
09-07-2014, 08:30 AM
No probs Nola. I knew David was in for a medical yesterday and was almost certainly signing but I couldn't mention it on here. If my contacts ask me to keep quiet I must do so, otherwise the info dries up.

And that's exactly the way it should be.

:not worth

--------
09-07-2014, 08:42 AM
I knew David was in for a medical yesterday and was almost certainly signing but I couldn't mention it on here. If my contacts ask me to keep quiet I must do so, otherwise the info dries up.

Apologies, B. Won't happen again. :foot:

blackpoolhibs
09-07-2014, 08:48 AM

I have no idea why anyone would question your posts, as normally they are 100% spot on. Little snippets of information are always welcome from sunny Blackpool. :aok:

Christ i even enjoy reading the **** thats wrong. :greengrin

HH81
11-07-2014, 06:22 AM
Has there been any more progress since I have been away helping a charity walk?

Phil MaGlass
11-07-2014, 12:23 PM
WTF is going on have we still not signed Messi or Robben, I just dont get it stop dragging yir heels over milk money and get these lads signed.

Paloschi
11-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Has there been any more progress since I have been away helping a charity walk?

We have announced 1 signing
We are still paying Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas
Thomson & Taiwo are having a go at Butcher in the media

happy days!

Onceinawhile
11-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Would be a little disappointed to only announce one signing! Anyone know when the away strip is released? We maybe waiting on that to announce a few?

NOLA
11-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Would be a little disappointed to only announce one signing! Anyone know when the away strip is released? We maybe waiting on that to announce a few?
thought by going what leeann said last week we'd have more than 1 signing to show for her work this week, oh well next week eh

CRAZYHIBBY
11-07-2014, 01:45 PM
This is hibs. We don't do signings until All the good players are gone

TowerHibs
11-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Lot of English clubs just getting back training this week. Think this will be a main reason why we have been quiet.

Keith_M
11-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Don't worry, still 25 days until our first competive match.

I'm sure 'Stubbsy' will have signed up 10 new players by then and have them all ready and raring to go at Ibrox.

Stevie Reid
11-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Latest from Stubbs re: transfers: -

Stubbs, who earlier this week made Scotland U21 defender David Gray his first signing, is hoping to add further to his squad before the start of the season.
“We have actually made contact with a few players and there are offers on the table,” he said. "For me now it’s the most frustrating part of it now because we’re waiting for answers, whether it’s going to be a yes or a no.
“Unfortunately, it’s out of my hands. I just hope they are impressed by the club, the stadium, the facilities at the training ground, my vision for the football club to move forward and most importantly being successful."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9379269/hibernian-manager-alan-stubbs-targets-promotion-to-the-premiership

HappyAsHellas
11-07-2014, 03:14 PM
This is hibs. We don't do signings until All the good players are gone

Why not wait to see who we actually sign before being negative? Just a thought, nothing personal.

WestStandMoaner
11-07-2014, 04:02 PM

Stubbs, who earlier this week made Scotland U21 defender David Gray his first signing, is hoping to add further to his squad before the start of the season.
“We have actually made contact with a few players and there are offers on the table,” he said. "For me now it’s the most frustrating part of it now because we’re waiting for answers, whether it’s going to be a yes or a no.
“Unfortunately, it’s out of my hands. I just hope they are impressed by the club, the stadium, the facilities at the training ground, my vision for the football club to move forward and most importantly being successful."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9379269/hibernian-manager-alan-stubbs-targets-promotion-to-the-premiership

I hope he has got a plan B, sounds to me they cannot get the targets they want for what ever reason, both Stubbs and LD said there would be signings this week i.e more than one. I think Stubbs is finding out just how hard it is to attract the right player to Hibs and before you all start shouting about giving the guy a chance, I am, I hope he does really well and gets the players he wants but in reality we are skint and he will need to find one or two little gems that have possibly been over looked by other clubs.

TowerHibs
11-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Sound to me his main targets have still to say yes or no????

Thats what the man is saying

WestStandMoaner
11-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Sound to me his main targets have still to say yes or no????

Thats what the man is saying

And I said, I really hope we get them

snooky
11-07-2014, 04:09 PM

I'm a bit worried that Stubbs is only "hoping" to add players before the kick off day.
How long do we wait for offers to be accepted?
Most of the other sides don' t seem to have to wait. They just do the deal there and then do they not?
But it's not the Hibs way as Crazyhibby said.

WestStandMoaner
11-07-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm a bit worried that Stubbs is only "hoping" to add players before the kick off day.
Most of the other sides don' t seem to have to wait. They just do the deal there and then do they not?
But it's not the Hibs way as a previous poster said.

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2014, 04:35 PM
So much for the 4 or 5 signings this week?? So much for the "in the know" lot telling us to sit back, be patient and all would happen this week?? Aye so it did...1 right back fabulous well done Hibs that will convince us all to shell out record prices for Championship football right enough. Im getting past angry now...its getting to the canne be a###d stage now!!

Turkish Green
11-07-2014, 04:37 PM
My name's not prontocorrect that was Jay Silverheels.

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 04:41 PM
correct that was Jay Silverheels.

:aok:

Gerard
11-07-2014, 04:58 PM
But it's not the Hibs way as Crazyhibby said.

That is an interesting observation regarding the time it takes our team to sign new players. Only the Hibs board will know why it would appear to be this way.:wink:

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2014, 05:04 PM
That is an interesting observation regarding the time it takes our team to sign new players. Only the Hibs board will know why it would appear to be this way.:wink:
Absolutely 100%...nobody else seems to take as long as us...this isn't the first summer window this has been the case. We went into Malmo matches last year with Rowan Vine as our only recognised striker!

worcesterhibby
11-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Absolutely 100%...nobody else seems to take as long as us...this isn't the first summer window this has been the case. We went into Malmo matches last year with Rowan Vine as our only recognised striker!

Who on earth recognised Rowan Vine as a Striker !!:greengrin

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Who on earth recognised Rowan Vine as a Striker !!:greengrin
Haha I did think that after I posted mate :)

southsider
11-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Held court with a few fans at the training ground on Wednesday evening> Was positive about players coming to the club fairly soon. He is looking for quality not quantity and is a mater of dealing with agents. No player has, so far, refused to come to Hibs because of our relegation.:flag:

Kaiser1962
11-07-2014, 05:23 PM
So much for the 4 or 5 signings this week?? So much for the "in the know" lot telling us to sit back, be patient and all would happen this week?? Aye so it did...1 right back fabulous well done Hibs that will convince us all to shell out record prices for Championship football right enough. Im getting past angry now...its getting to the canne be a###d stage now!!

How do you work that out?

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-07-2014, 05:31 PM
correct that was Jay Silverheels.

He was a left back? Wee guy??

Arch Stanton
11-07-2014, 05:51 PM

That's a bummer. You'll no know whether to take tranquilisers or anti-depressants, will you?

worcesterhibby
11-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Haha I did think that after I posted mate :)

I may have sussed who it was who recognised him a striker

Turkish Green
11-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Methinks the issue may be down to wages. AS can identify a player but he cannot offer a contract. I assume that will be the job of the CEO. However has a salary cap been set and is the maximum wage at a level that players are not accepting the offers.

Is it just me that is thinking Hibs are waiting for bargain basement time at the end of the window. (or more likely end of the rainbow).

ekhibee
11-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Sorry, but I'll reserve judgement on all this positivity stuff until we've actually bought a few more players in. The players that Hearts, Sevco, Falkirk etc have signed will presumably all be training with them now, ready for the start of the new season which is not far away. We have only signed 1 player so far, and we need a lot more, more, I would suggest, than either Hearts or Sevco. Now I know we're all behind Leeann Dempster and Stubbs, that goes without saying, and we've been assured that Petrie will keep his nose well and truly out of it, bringing in semi-decent players is a lot harder than just shirt-filling, but yet again we seem to be the last club to bring in new players. I just can't believe that Petrie hasn't got something to do with it, and paranoid or not, I'll continue to think that as long as he remains at the club.

AlbertK86
11-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Held court with a few fans at the training ground on Wednesday evening> Was positive about players coming to the club fairly soon. He is looking for quality not quantity and is a mater of dealing with agents. No player has, so far, refused to come to Hibs because of our relegation.:flag:

Can't have asked many then as we have only signed one

Unless of course they are turning us down due to wage structure !!

Turkish Green
11-07-2014, 06:23 PM
No player has, so far, refused to come to Hibs because of our relegation.
So why HAVE they refused to come to Hibs.

HibbyAndy
11-07-2014, 06:25 PM

So why the hell is the new season just aroond the corner and we have signed the square root of ****all??

bingo70
11-07-2014, 06:51 PM
So why the hell is the new season just aroond the corner and we have signed the square root of ****all??

I'm more pissed off than most, I've spent most of the week at work refreshing Twitter only to see things like competitions, grass roots training courses etc etc...

I did find Stubbs interview today refreshing though as he said he binned the two trialists because they only did well, they weren't quality. In the past that's exactly what we've signed.

Could really do with getting a ****ing move on getting the quality he's looking for though.

eastterrace
11-07-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm more pissed off than most, I've spent most of the week at work refreshing Twitter only to see things like competitions, grass roots training courses etc etc...

I did find Stubbs interview today refreshing though as he said he binned the two trialists because they only did well, they weren't quality. In the past that's exactly what we've signed.

Could really do with getting a ****ing move on getting the quality he's looking for though.

me thinks its a two year plan , he will sign three or four players mix them in with youth and hope we scrape into the play offs. but the following season will be the big push. we will just need to put up with this division for at least two seasons. if he fails he will be on his bike at the end of the second season. then we will start again.

livi hibby
11-07-2014, 07:00 PM
we will sign players but it won`t be till the last day like most other transfers windows bargain bucket day

Gerard
11-07-2014, 07:14 PM
I want players to be signed NOW. I don't want players that will not make the team better and will need to be 'disposed of' when they are found to be not 'fit for purpose'. The process of due diligence can take time. If only there was a way to quicken it. Alan Stubbs has said that he is actively looking for players but they must add to making our team a better team. There is still time for quality players to be signed. We will all be watching this transfer window with great interest.

WestStandMoaner
11-07-2014, 07:23 PM
me thinks its a two year plan , he will sign three or four players mix them in with youth and hope we scrape into the play offs. but the following season will be the big push. we will just need to put up with this division for at least two seasons. if he fails he will be on his bike at the end of the second season. then we will start again.

Never mind the two year plan and we will push on, if Hibs don't come up in one season the crowds next season will be about 5000, STF will just have to put his hand in his very wealthy pocket and pay the fans back for years of loyalty. His Chairman and his management team got us relegated, his business and I repeat his business is in trouble, therefore as the business owner he should put his own money in or borrow from the bank to get us promoted first time. The fans should not be suffering for poor decisions made at the top

GreenLake
11-07-2014, 07:28 PM
Things are certainly very strange just now. BP has tried to trademark the color green. How dare they when Hibernian FC have a much stronger claim. :greengrin

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/jul/03/bp-loses-battle-to-trademark-the-colour-green-in-australia

Ronniekirk
11-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Never mind the two year plan and we will push on, if Hibs don't come up in one season the crowds next season will be about 5000, STF will just have to put his hand in his very wealthy pocket and pay the fans back for years of loyalty. His Chairman and his management team got us relegated, his business and I repeat his business is in trouble, therefore as the business owner he should put his own money in or borrow from the bank to get us promoted first time. The fans should not be suffering for poor decisions made at the top
If the recent article about Kano and Hibernian Forever are true then Sir Tom is willing to bail out so you can forget him putting more money into the club .

Fife-Hibee
11-07-2014, 07:35 PM
never mind the two year plan and we will push on, if hibs don't come up in one season the crowds next season will be about 5000, stf will just have to put his hand in his very wealthy pocket and pay the fans back for years of loyalty. His chairman and his management team got us relegated, his business and i repeat his business is in trouble, therefore as the business owner he should put his own money in or borrow from the bank to get us promoted first time. The fans should not be suffering for poor decisions made at the top

this !!

eastterrace
11-07-2014, 08:11 PM

sorry mate he aint going to put any money in. also the crowds will drop this season when we have our usual slump , but i think the following season we will kick on and then the crowds will pick up, also the hearts will still be in the championship as well cause they have no chance of going up to.

timewilltell
11-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Methinks the issue may be down to wages. AS can identify a player but he cannot offer a contract. I assume that will be the job of the CEO. However has a salary cap been set and is the maximum wage at a level that players are not accepting the offers.

Is it just me that is thinking Hibs are waiting for bargain basement time at the end of the window. (or more likely end of the rainbow).

Its just you

cat1875
11-07-2014, 08:30 PM
just for the record 2 weren't binned 1 was the other laughed off the pathetic offer and headed back south !!! cover up by hibs that the 2 weren't good enough !

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 08:32 PM

What's your alternative to sitting back and being patient?

Hibbyradge
11-07-2014, 08:34 PM
just for the record 2 weren't binned 1 was the other laughed off the pathetic offer and headed back south !!! cover up by hibs that the 2 weren't good enough !

Aye? Really?

lord bunberry
11-07-2014, 08:38 PM

Which one was binned and which one did laughing?

cat1875
11-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Which one was binned and which one did laughing?

obviously not naming names but if you were there last week who would you offer a contract to ?

HH81
11-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Read through the thread what happened to the signings Hibs had made? Guess the contracts were not really signed afterall?

Hiber-nation
11-07-2014, 08:51 PM

You must know him well then, aye?

cat1875
11-07-2014, 09:00 PM
You must know him well then, aye?

obviously don't know him ! told my someone ITK that's what happened don't shoot the messenger !!!!!!!!

snooky
11-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Can't have asked many then as we have only signed one

Unless of course they are turning us down due to wage structure !!

Bear/woods/.....

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2014, 11:35 PM

You are a complete bed wetter, the window does not close until the end of August, and just because the exact same scenario has happened over the last so many years, and we are at the lowest ebb i can remember in a long time.

Why should the same thing happen again that's happened before?

Ronniekirk
11-07-2014, 11:41 PM

You are a complete bed wetter, the window does not close until the end of August, and just because the exact same scenario has happened over the last so many years, and we are at the lowest ebb i can remember in a long time.

Yep it's not a Sprint we are in , it's a Marathon

cat1875
11-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Bear/woods/.....

pay peanuts get monkeys always been our case !

Cameron1875
11-07-2014, 11:53 PM

Exactly.
People had a right good chuckle at Barry Anderson and the "all is barry" thing with Them but loads of posters on here seem to be using the same analogy for Hibs situation.

Then the people who are worried and a bit panicky get abuse and/or told to calm down.

*Anderson is still a terrible journo

over the line
11-07-2014, 11:56 PM

Genius master plan that, sign those monkeys off the new Planet of the Apes film! If they can be trained to ride a horse whilst firing a macine gun, playing championship football will be a piece of piss for them! They will be cheap, fit and strong, plus they won't care that the new home shirt hasn't got white sleeves and looks a bit rubbish. :D

greenginger
12-07-2014, 12:04 AM

Pay what we can afford, Dempster can't produce money out of thin air.

Now, if only we had sold a couple of thousand more season tickets things might be different.

Cameron1875
12-07-2014, 12:08 AM

Now, if only we had sold a couple of thousand more season tickets things might be different.

Forza Fred
12-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Many on here suggest the delay in signing players is because we are waiting for 'quality' players, and have to ensure they are of such .'quality'

This is a self defeating argument, as 'quality' players are easily identifiable, albeit out of our wage bracket,.

What the case really is, is that we are waiting to see what 'leftovers ' are available, and hoping to sign the least worst of them that we can afford .

Sorry, but that is the reality without the positive spin.

cabbageandribs1875
12-07-2014, 12:37 AM
what's the odds on a statement coming within the next week from the stubbster, declaring that he's evaluated the squad and thinks we already have the players needed

:devil:

Borderhibbie76
12-07-2014, 12:11 PM

How about the club do something to encourage long suffering fans to renew?? Ive coughed up ST money year after year on the promise it will be spent on quality players? ? How's that worked out for us???
Blind loyalty is running dry for a lot of Hibbies just now. ..understandably.

Brightside
12-07-2014, 12:25 PM
The boy that turned us down wasnt for money.

BT58
12-07-2014, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=cabbageandribs1875;4094283]what's the odds on a statement coming within the next week from the stubbster, declaring that he's evaluated the squad and thinks we already have the players needed
:blah::blah::blah::tsk tsk::fibber::fishin:
aye ok Dave :wink::wink:

pontius pilate
12-07-2014, 12:38 PM
I agree with what AS and LD are trying to achieve and if some of the poster are to be believed offers have been made and lets face it if you were in the position these players are in you wouldn't want to rush into a decision they may be talking it over with family friends looking at housing areas schools etc before signing maybe theynwant to see how AS wants us to play and take in todays game then sign.

Speedway
12-07-2014, 12:40 PM
The boy that turned us down wasnt for money.

Which boy was that?

Beefster
12-07-2014, 12:48 PM

Can I have a slice of lime in mine please?

Thecat23
12-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Can I have a slice of lime in mine please?

Mmm ok but only the one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
12-07-2014, 12:50 PM

Really!! Can I please ask where you heard this from??

jdships
12-07-2014, 03:19 PM

Sorry, but not the story coming from the players via EM.
Both were openly thanked for their time but were advised they would not be offered terms/contract :flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
12-07-2014, 03:53 PM
obviously don't know him ! told my someone ITK that's what happened don't shoot the messenger !!!!!!!!

Boca aberto. Process. Think. Post/do-not Post.

As for shooting I'd choose a cross bow ;)

Keith_M
12-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Another 4-0 away win today.

Who needs new players?

HoboHarry
12-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Another 4-0 away win today.

Who needs new players?

Usually I like your posts but your new avatar is rotten. Germany will crush them tomorrow.....:greengrin

mmmmhibby
12-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Usually I like your posts but your new avatar is rotten. Germany will crush them tomorrow.....:greengrin

Says you. Don't read too much Into the Brazil game, Argentina are far suprerior than Brazil. Hope wee messi produces and sticks it right up the brussell sprouts.

Kaiser1962
12-07-2014, 05:04 PM

I just posted elsewhere that there is little likelihood of any overspend, in the form of cash we don't generate, being given to the manager while there is a proposed takeover on the cards.

HoboHarry
12-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Says you.
I've impressed my American colleagues with my predictions to this point - hopefully a German win and my reputation as a Soccer (yes I know) guru will be secured :greengrin

HibbyRod
12-07-2014, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=mmmmhibby;4094849]Says you. Don't read too much Into the Brazil game, Argentina are far suprerior than Brazil. Hope wee messi produces and sticks it right up the brussell sprouts.[/Q

For me, I hope this is the case!

I really hope Messi is at his best tomorrow! :thumbsup:

'Moan the Silvers!!!! :greengrin

Keith_M
12-07-2014, 05:12 PM

They better not, I couldn't stand the bedlam over here!!

:na na:

HoboHarry
12-07-2014, 05:22 PM
They better not, I couldn't stand the bedlam over here!!

:na na:
Oh I would love to be part of that. Different level obviously but I live in Kansas City and I attended the final last season when Sporting won the MLS. Marvellous occasion..... Cone on the Germans.... footballing machine.....

hihohibby
13-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Last week was a disappointment in that talk of 4/5 players arriving did not materialise. David Gray is, of course, a welcome new face, but it's worrying that many of last seasons failures remain and, at this stage, without new blood, will likely form the bulk of our 1st 11 and be expected to deliver promotion-winning performances. I truly hope that this turns out not to be the case and that Alan Stubbs really will bring in the quality and characters required. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling a little anxious at this late, late stage. Getting new players in so late in the day will bring it's own problems re: gelling and adapting. Hitting the ground running is not an option.

LancsHibs
13-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Last week was a disappointment in that talk of 4/5 players arriving did not materialise. David Gray is, of course, a welcome new face, but it's worrying that many of last seasons failures remain and, at this stage, without new blood, will likely form the bulk of our 1st 11 and be expected to deliver promotion-winning performances. I truly hope that this turns out not to be the case and that Alan Stubbs really will bring in the quality and characters required. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling a little anxious at this late, late stage. Getting new players in so late in the day will bring it's own problems re: gelling and adapting. Hitting the ground running is not an option.

You are of course correct, getting a little anxious!

IWasThere2016
14-07-2014, 11:49 AM

Nearly a week further on and only Gray announced. As I said at the weekend, I have asked agents/journos and within the club and no one knows of these signed/unannounced players.. Are you sure there are players signed Brooster?

Spike Mandela
14-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Nearly a week further on and only Gray announced. As I said at the weekend, I have asked agents/journos and within the club and no one knows of these signed/unannounced players.. Are you sure there are players signed Brooster?

It's a simple ploy. State there are 3 or 4 signed but unannounced. Then when players are inevitably announced you can turn round and say these are the ones I was talking about. You are officially ITK.:cb

I can safely state there are further signings in the pipeline. Hibs haven't announced them yet but they will be announced in the next few days or weeks.:greengrin

IWasThere2016
14-07-2014, 12:59 PM
It's a simple ploy. State there are 3 or 4 signed but unannounced. Then when players are inevitably announced you can turn round and say these are the ones I was talking about. You are officially ITK.:cb

I can safely state there are further signings in the pipeline. Hibs haven't announced them yet but they will be announced in the next few days or weeks.:greengrin

Brooster
14-07-2014, 01:14 PM

I knew last Tuesday that Gray had signed and I know of one other who has signed, I thought he would've been announced by now but it seems not.