03-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Is this thread for real?

Of course. Why wouldn't it be?

MrRobot
03-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Not at all.

Smartie
03-07-2014, 12:04 PM
You can't really go that wrong with a green body and white sleeves. We've had variations in shade, manufacturer, trim, collar, shade of green etc but they've all been recognisable and at least ok, varying up to really smart for some.

I've never really disliked a Hibs home top until this one.

Ok, a few of the yellow away ones have been a bit bogging but keep the home kit as a design classic and be a bit experimental with the away ones. It's not too harmful if they end up a bit hit or miss.

GGTTH07
03-07-2014, 12:06 PM
2002/03 was bad.

Geo_1875
03-07-2014, 12:26 PM
You can't really go that wrong with a green body and white sleeves. We've had variations in shade, manufacturer, trim, collar, shade of green etc but they've all been recognisable and at least ok, varying up to really smart for some.

I've never really disliked a Hibs home top until this one.

Ok, a few of the yellow away ones have been a bit bogging but keep the home kit as a design classic and be a bit experimental with the away ones. It's not too harmful if they end up a bit hit or miss.

As they say in the official article (and most Hibs fans will already have known) the white sleeves were added in the 1930s as a "tribute" to Arsenal. The Gunners also changed to a solid bloodied turd coloured top in 2005 and returned to their design classic the following season. Maybe we should count ourselves lucky they are keeping this one green.

micksoo
03-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Worst thread ever

Bishop Hibee
03-07-2014, 12:31 PM
It's the worst home top. Get back to emerald green with white sleeves next season. As long as the away strip isn't maroon or hun blue they can experiment with that.

S.sct
03-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Not top of the priority (good looking kit).....but this is absolutely honking. Could be a loss in earnings for the club....

Why the black socks?????

lord bunberry
03-07-2014, 12:38 PM
It absolutely is the worst top I've ever seen from hibs

AgentDaleCooper
03-07-2014, 12:49 PM
It is certainly the worst home top ever, and when you add the cloying marketing ploy behind it, it really can only be considered an abomination.

H13BYM
03-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Cant see too many of these shifting, hope they haven't ordered lorry loads!

Diclonius
03-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Worst thread ever

:top marks

The 2008-09 top was worse than this season's one, and that's just off the top of my head.

Hysteria to new levels.

Coco Bryce
03-07-2014, 01:46 PM
It's very poor to say the least. The washing machine test should be interesting :rolleyes:

heretoday
03-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Not the worst. Anything with purple, black or yellow was worse.

edinburghhibs
03-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Don't like it. The timing of bringing out an all green top doesn't feel right either - dunno why.

Wilbur
03-07-2014, 02:23 PM
It's probably not the worst we've had. But, it is pretty minging. I won't be making a purchase!

The Pointer
03-07-2014, 02:25 PM
After the most awful season ever, I think they would've been better to leave celebrating the Famous Five, or anything else, until we've got something new to celebrate on the pitch. Let's remember how we marked the passing of Lawrie Reilly then watched the debacle which followed. That scunnered feeling persists since I walked out of Quinn's on that Sunday in North London where I watched the Hamilton game, so I find the dark green strip and black socks dark and depressing rather than bright and optimistic.

There's probably a designer term for it, but dark green just absorbs light and this shade appears to be darker than that of two season's ago, although that could be down to the lack of white sleeves for contrast. The sponsor's logo just looks naff and contributes to the feeling of low rank, cheap, off the peg, Sunday League. Come April they'll not be able to give them away.

The best thing the club could have done to get us back would have been to bring out a simple emerald top with white sleeves.

smurf
03-07-2014, 04:27 PM
It isn't a Hibs top and looks nothing more than a training top. The club will have to recognise their latest blunder and withdraw it. Nobody should buy it. We really are a car crash these days....

emerald green
03-07-2014, 07:16 PM
It's the worst home top. Get back to emerald green with white sleeves next season. As long as the away strip isn't maroon or hun blue they can experiment with that.

:agree: Our emerald green with white sleeves is a fantastic shirt, and I always think it looks great under floodlights especially.

It's good to honour the Famous Five, but this season's shirt just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.

CalgaryHibs
03-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Dunno, haven't seen this years away top yet :wink:

Rite on mate :)

CalgaryHibs
03-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Urm no !

Since90+2
03-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Its a disgrace. The white sleeves are what makes our top iconic.

Minging piece of kit.

Pete
03-07-2014, 07:54 PM
There's nothing wrong with the top and kit as a whole. I don't mind a wee change.

It's the FF thing that makes the whole thing bizzare. The year they were born. Eh?

Eyrie
03-07-2014, 07:57 PM

Minging piece of kit.

Correct - remove the club badge from that top and there is nothing to suggest Hibs.

07BigD
03-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Anyone know how much it will cost?

AgentDaleCooper
03-07-2014, 08:00 PM
:top marks

The 2008-09 top was worse than this season's one, and that's just off the top of my head.

Hysteria to new levels.

personally, i'm not in the least bit hysterical. it's more of a 'oooh hibs, what have you gone and done now' sort of thing, like a delinquent sibling that keeps popping in and out of the slammer or something. it really is genuinely terrible, and the way they've crow-barred some sort of 'we're celebrating the famous five because one of them died' or something really just makes me cringe.

to be honest, i find it sort of funny, but only because if you can't laugh, then you'd be miserable in these situations. i'm still totally open to being optimistic about the future, and it may well be that there's great changes going on behind the scenes - it still remains, however, for anything to happen publicly that elevates us from basically seeming like a bit of a joke.

zero-seven
03-07-2014, 08:04 PM

the famous five played in green with white sleeves. Why change? My club is unrecognisable both on and off the field.

Onion
03-07-2014, 08:20 PM

Minging piece of kit.

Horrible. A college student starting with a Marathon logo could not have designed worse.

edwards
03-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Correct - remove the club badge from that top and there is nothing to suggest Hibs.

The colour fine the design not so good. I am more interested in the players we are about to put on the pitch than what our new strip looks like.

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 08:36 PM
The colour fine the design not so good. I am more interested in the players we are about to put on the pitch than what our new strip looks like.

:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
03-07-2014, 09:10 PM
1.yes

2.no

Which one?

mca
03-07-2014, 09:15 PM
the famous five played in green with white sleeves. Why change? My club is unrecognisable both on and off the field.

If it had white sleeves - Would you buy it ??? :greengrin

eastterrace
03-07-2014, 09:22 PM
If it had white sleeves - Would you buy it ??? :greengrin

no but it would look better

mca
03-07-2014, 09:46 PM
no but it would look better

Yes it would.. And I also think that if it had White-Sleeves..

Then most people would just be moaning about the Sponsor Logo !!!
:wink:

basehibby
03-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Reactionary nonsense from the OP (the luminous yellow away top was easily much worse :sick:)

lord bunberry
03-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Reactionary nonsense from the OP (the luminous yellow away top was easily much worse :sick:)

That was an away top though, our home top is the one which we associated with.

tinnyhibby
03-07-2014, 10:03 PM
1.yes

2.no

allezsauzee
03-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Hibs wore all green tops before they wore green with white sleeves. There are some people who just want to moan at everything that's going on at the club just now. If you don't like the strip , just don't buy it. There's nae gun to yer heid.

basehibby
03-07-2014, 10:17 PM
That was an away top though, our home top is the one which we associated with.

Hibs away tops are still Hibs tops.

macd123
04-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Hibs wore all green tops before they wore green with white sleeves. There are some people who just want to moan at everything that's going on at the club just now. If you don't like the strip , just don't buy it. There's nae gun to yer heid.

I think the issue is we need the club to start getting things right. We are already low on season tickets and we could really do with decent shirt sales. We are a bit behind rangers, hearts and falkirk just now who all have established squads. We have sponsorship money but need ticket and merchandise sales if we are going to compete.

Im not going to moan about it but i probably wouldn't buy it.

LaMotta
04-07-2014, 12:52 AM

Its not just about buying it though. Its about having to watch a Hibs team wear a strip that resembles a poor sunday amateur teams training gear and looks nothing like a hibs strip.

Captain Trips
04-07-2014, 01:28 AM
I find the top nice it is the sponsor that ruins it for me it just does not fit in with the top at all.

FitbaFolkKen
04-07-2014, 01:48 AM
It isn't a Hibs top and looks nothing more than a training top. The club will have to recognise their latest blunder and withdraw it. Nobody should buy it. We really are a car crash these days....

I can't decide whether this post is serious or not... either the greatest overreaction to a kit, or highlighting the overreaction to the kit on the messageboard.

I like it, i don't like the sponsor.

If the club hadn't been through turmoil people would be enjoying the marketing etc... They are trying to change the club from the top down, doing something like this with the strip is a bit different and probably to mark the change at the club as much as the Famous Five.

If it had been the "same old" green and white then there would be folk on here complaining that Hearts had marked history with their kit and we are stuck with the same old standard Hibs shirt. Probably the same people making the fuss now.....

SanFranHibs
04-07-2014, 05:34 AM

However, it might give the fans some buying options because I am sure Primark have similar ones they sell in packs of three for a tenner.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Nike have to be our worst ever kit suppliers (or whatever firm produces them)

Stinking.

cocopops1875
04-07-2014, 07:28 AM
My feelings on this shirt are that of disappointment, I can't help feeling a great shirt would have been a real lift for the fans (I know this sounds ott but remember the good feeling the final Puma kit spread it was almost universally loved), hearts got theirs so right for this season and I'm sure the sales figures will prove this, what it also proves is that it's not rocket science to get it right (I'm sure even the most fashion challenged on here given a nike catalogue and the option to have any design in any colour would have picked something that would have been better received).
The famous 5 link I think is a great thing however just not on this shirt I really think the "their memory marches on" bit looks like they have just slapped it on wherever with little thought, it's just not a fitting tribute to the guys "Who Were Our Greatest Men".
The simple fact is if you don't like it don't buy it but somewhere down the line that must effect the cash coming into the club and so is just simply a shocking business decision

WestCoastHibby
04-07-2014, 07:41 AM
The best way to honour the famous five is to get a winning team back on the pitch. What's the next marketing ploy.Fish suppers after training and afternoons in the snooker hall....??

Pants....

AndyM_1875
04-07-2014, 07:43 AM
The shirt itself is pretty bland. The colour is fine but the horrible transfer sponsors logo and the fact it is straight off a really basic Nike template seems to be what grates the most. But in simple terms, if you don't like it then don't buy it. Instead buy something else from the Hibs shop.
Support the club as it needs us.

WestCoastHibby
04-07-2014, 07:46 AM

This is a just cause to moan about. I'm no dedicated follower of fashion but this does nothing for brand image. And don't get me started on that logo!!

buktapurple79
04-07-2014, 07:50 AM

This. Have done a lot of study into the history of the club, and before copying Arsenal in the late 30s with the white sleeves we wore bottle green shirts, white shorts and black socks with green tops. This would have been perfect for me if it had a white collar like like the strips of old. Also find the link to the FF very tenuous. Should have been kept for a strip that emulated one they wore with such prise and glory.

erin go bragh
04-07-2014, 08:14 AM
If last seasons strip was our best ever ( hypothetical) we still got relegated . Its the players we put inside the strip that counts not what tops the smartest . A winning team on the park will do for me .

Ggtth

Phil MaGlass
04-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Top is not my favourite but the sponsors logo is absolutely awful, I have only ever bought a couple of tops in all my years as a Hibs fan and it doesnt look like I will be buying this one either.
I have tried to stay positive but this doesnt do it for me and to add the Famous Five to it just makes it worse, seems theres a right way and the Hibs way at the moment.
OK back to being positive wahoo

Golden Bear
04-07-2014, 08:45 AM
Help ma boab.

What a stushie aboot a *loody fitba jersey. I must have logged in tae a wummins website by mistake.

:rolleyes:

Phil MaGlass
04-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Help ma boab.

What a stushie aboot a *loody fitba jersey. I must have logged in tae a wummins website by mistake.

:rolleyes:

hahaha,

(((Fergus)))
04-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Hopefully just yams skewing this vote.

Anyone prefer to see them running out in this... with "MARATHONBET" on the front...:

(((Fergus)))
04-07-2014, 12:08 PM
White sleeves are just what was fashionable in the 1940s, like cloth caps and gas masks. Happy to see older colours make a comeback now and again, although white sleeves are a bit of a "trademark", albeit borrowed form Arsenal or whoever.