PDA

View Full Version : insanity

Dalianwanda
06-06-2014, 03:28 PM
anyone tried the DVD set? Gonna give it a go in a couple of weeks to help up my fitness

Allant1981
06-06-2014, 04:18 PM
I done ut about a year ago, if you do it properly its very hard going, i am a pretty fit guy and i found it tough to start with. The end results are good though

Dalianwanda
06-06-2014, 07:12 PM
I done ut about a year ago, if you do it properly its very hard going, i am a pretty fit guy and i found it tough to start with. The end results are good though

Thanks for the reply..I'm quite good at doing things to the letter once I get going, so good to hear you got results. I was fit till I had back surgery a few months back..just doing swimming and Pilates at the moment but going to add light running soon..got a bit of time on my hands so no excuses..my mate recommended it to me over email but I wasn't sure of his fitness at the start or at the finish..said he's gotten than he was 20 years ago

Allant1981
06-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the reply..I'm quite good at doing things to the letter once I get going, so good to hear you got results. I was fit till I had back surgery a few months back..just doing swimming and Pilates at the moment but going to add light running soon..got a bit of time on my hands so no excuses..my mate recommended it to me over email but I wasn't sure of his fitness at the start or at the finish..said he's gotten than he was 20 years ago

You do a fitness test at the start of it to see how fit you actually are then you take it from there, good luck with it, if you stick to it you will get results. Good luck and enjoy the pain!!!

Aldo
07-06-2014, 03:17 PM
I've just had shoulder surgery and once I've been given the all clear I will be getting hold of Insanity and getting stuck right in.
Need to up my fitness a bit after being out of action for over a year.

Good luck with it and look forward to hearing bout your efforts.

Dalianwanda
08-06-2014, 12:59 AM
Cheers aldo...I'm still a bit cautious but will pick up DVDs when back home..did my first little run in my new home village today and all fine..looking forward to it..hope all goes well with recovery..I'll post progress in a month

Aldo
08-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Cheers aldo...I'm still a bit cautious but will pick up DVDs when back home..did my first little run in my new home village today and all fine..looking forward to it..hope all goes well with recovery..I'll post progress in a month

No probs. I'm missing my fitness with this injury. Got a Road bike and not been out on it for ages 10 months) with shoulder but have pencilled in a date I hope to make it back in saddle.

Although just about in my mid forties like to push it to the limit.

As I say look forward to the updates.

Go for it!!

Cool_Hand_Luke
09-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Not done the DVD's (i have them but not done them) but done a few of the classes. Find them quite good and very intense...but again it all depends on the instructor as well - it helps when the instructor can do all levels of the exercises and comes around and tries to motivate you - i'm the type that will do a class...but wouldnt do it in my living room :greengrin
If you do have injuries or struggle with some of the exercises there are low/medium/high impact alternatives that you can do.
My girlfriend is doing the instructor course this week...so i'm hoping she doesnt make me do it at home :greengrin

Aldo - if you are ever in Edinburgh and fancy trying one of the classes let me know and i'll get you a pass

Another good one to try is metafit - very similar to Insanity...but workouts are a bit shorter...might be easier to start on that if you are returning from injury

Dalianwanda
10-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Cheers for the reply CHL..that's my only concern that the DVDs won't have different levels of intensity. I had lumbar discectomy surgery and the last thing I want is a setback. It will be getting the balance between pushing myself physically but also not being daft and taking care of my back.

I would have got started when the things arrived but been on hols and moving /building a house..in Scotland this week for a five day course in Stirling so next weeks when I'll get started.

Had a look at the metafit course but looks like that's just for instructors..I only have my phone to check the site so will have a better look when back home.

Aldo
10-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Not done the DVD's (i have them but not done them) but done a few of the classes. Find them quite good and very intense...but again it all depends on the instructor as well - it helps when the instructor can do all levels of the exercises and comes around and tries to motivate you - i'm the type that will do a class...but wouldnt do it in my living room :greengrin If you do have injuries or struggle with some of the exercises there are low/medium/high impact alternatives that you can do. My girlfriend is doing the instructor course this week...so i'm hoping she doesnt make me do it at home :greengrin Aldo - if you are ever in Edinburgh and fancy trying one of the classes let me know and i'll get you a pass Another good one to try is metafit - very similar to Insanity...but workouts are a bit shorter...might be easier to start on that if you are returning from injury

R thanks for that and will bear it in mind once I've recovered. Yeah few classes being run in Leven at mo both insanity and meta fit. Really wanting to give insanity a go and take fitness yo the next level. Not getting any younger but need to look after masel a bit better as I'm getting wee bit older. Cheers