PDA

View Full Version : Hibs for sale!

bboy
01-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Heard a wee rumour over the weekend,a sale of the club could be on the cards this week.Anyone else heard anything.

Bostonhibby
01-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Maybe the yam will buy us, would get a decent ground and training faclities.

dmc1875
01-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Hibs have been "for sale" since farmer bought us it's finding a buyer

bboy
01-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Was told american invester.

HoboHarry
01-06-2014, 03:45 PM
OK - I can see that I am going to get rumbled with all of this ITK stuff. It's me and will be travelling back to Scotland from Kansas City on Thursday....

madhatter
01-06-2014, 03:47 PM

Who were you told by - reliable?

silverhibee
01-06-2014, 03:48 PM
It's Rod Stewart.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 03:50 PM
It's Rod Stewart.

His Dad was a Hibs fan but Rod supports Celtic. Doubt this is true. Good laugh though!

bboy
01-06-2014, 03:51 PM
A good hibby with good buisness contacts,said it was defo before relagation,but still a possibility,decision this week.

HoboHarry
01-06-2014, 03:53 PM
OK I was lying, it isn't me. It's Tom Hanks - he got tired of trying remember how to spell Aston Villa and thought Hibs was easier. Make sure no-one tells him we are really Hibernian......

NOLA
01-06-2014, 03:54 PM
greggs have rolls for sale, dosnae mean i want to buy one

leithsansiro
01-06-2014, 03:56 PM
OK, fair enough. I'll buy them then (since nobody else has come forward thus far).

Before I go into negotiations with STF, any chance a few of you could lend me a fiver or two. Promise I'll pay it back, there's definitely money to be made from a relegated football team in Scotland... :rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2014, 03:56 PM
OK I was lying, it isn't me. It's Tom Hanks - he got tired of trying remember how to spell Aston Villa and thought Hibs was easier. Make sure no-one tells him we are really Hibernian......

I heard he was looking to buy a BIG club.

Bostonhibby
01-06-2014, 03:57 PM

Blast, I was hoping for an American investor, we are doomed.

Bostonhibby
01-06-2014, 03:59 PM
It's Rod Stewart.

He's in our haart he's in our sole.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 04:01 PM
A good hibby with good buisness contacts,said it was defo before relagation,but still a possibility,decision this week.

Be nice if true and if they had a lot of cash. We have the fans. Easily 25k+ Hibs fans but most are dormant or have given up due to the same old rubbish. If we had investment (just playing side now), we'd easily sell out stadium every week once we're in top league and challenging at the right end. With exciting football.

Only thing lacking is playing side.

To this day, I still don't understand why no one has went for the cheaper option of Scottish Football, if you did it now and invested properly, you could conceivably be expanding the club's name across the globe and challenging Celtic and Rangers. If Hibs were in the Champions League every year, recognition would come. If they managed to get through a few rounds like Celtic did, the advertisement could be endless (even 1 result - e.g. the one against Barca for Celtic would send a message around the world). If you had your company's name on the shirt when that happens, it would be massive. Doesn't matter if it is at Hibs or Man City. Just likely to be a lot cheaper at Hibs.

However, I'll believe it when I see it. Hibs player running on to the pitch with "Microsoft" or "Apple" on their shirts :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2014, 04:02 PM
He's in our haart he's in our sole.

Cannae see him making an Atlantic Crossing to buy Hibs.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 04:05 PM

Never know, he might be doing it All In The Name of Rock 'N' Roll.

Bostonhibby
01-06-2014, 04:05 PM

Can't take this seriously, its all properly spelt, not in keeping with the gravitas of the original post.

easty
01-06-2014, 04:06 PM
To this day, I still don't understand why no one has went for the cheaper option of Scottish Football, if you did it now and invested properly, you could conceivably be expanding the club's name across the globe and challenging Celtic and Rangers. If Hibs were in the Champions League every year, recognition would come. If they managed to get through a few rounds like Celtic did, the advertisement could be endless (even 1 result - e.g. the one against Barca for Celtic would send a message around the world). If you had your company's name on the shirt when that happens, it would be massive. Doesn't matter if it is at Hibs or Man City. Just likely to be a lot cheaper at Hibs.

Must remind myself, if that big Euromillions win does ever come in, to not ask you for financial advice. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
01-06-2014, 04:10 PM

I love these time related rumours...

The Gorf
01-06-2014, 04:13 PM
It's Rod Stewart.

Maybe get Tam to sing "dae ye think ahm sexy".

madhatter
01-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Must remind myself, if that big Euromillions win does ever come in, to not ask you for financial advice. :greengrin

Financial advice? If you are planning on owning a football team you'd not need financial advice. Trust me. Most owners of football teams are minted beyond comprehension these days. Fair enough, not so much in Scotland. Demot Desmond has a net worth of 1 billion pounds though. No surprise Celtic aren't too concerned financially.

Does anybody actually understand how much money the owners of Man City have? It's like playing Footie Manager to them. It's a game. If it brings fame (which most of them didn't have before) then that is added bonus plus they'll advertise their other businesses etc.

No fan, unless minted beyond comprehension should buy Hibs or any other club. It'll end in tears.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 04:22 PM

Is this the guy who is buying or creating the rumour?

emerald green
01-06-2014, 04:32 PM
His Dad was a Hibs fan but Rod supports Celtic. Doubt this is true. Good laugh though!

I always wondered why Rod Stewart supported Sellick when his dad was from Leith. Another glory hunter.

Greencore
01-06-2014, 04:46 PM
It's me! I'm investing. All I need to do is buy easter road (obviously) promise to fill the corners in the stadium and bring in lots of managers and Lithuanians! We will win the champions league with james collins here Aswell!!! Trust me!!!!!!! I'm a millionair !

Keith_M
01-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Heard a wee rumour over the weekend,a sale of the club could be on the cards this week.Anyone else heard anything.

I heard a rumour the Hearts are still in Administration and have still not paid for their Poppies.

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Be nice if true and if they had a lot of cash. We have the fans. Easily 25k+ Hibs fans but most are dormant or have given up due to the same old rubbish. If we had investment (just playing side now), we'd easily sell out stadium every week once we're in top league and challenging at the right end. With exciting football.

Only thing lacking is playing side.

However, I'll believe it when I see it. Hibs player running on to the pitch with "Microsoft" or "Apple" on their shirts :greengrin

Nice to see you, Mr. Romanov. How you keeping these days?

Bostonhibby
01-06-2014, 05:17 PM

Bloody typical, we get relegation the yam win relagation, big team score every time.

Hibrandenburg
01-06-2014, 05:21 PM

Are you a Prussian Army Officer?

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-06-2014, 05:22 PM
It's Rod Stewart.

We will be able to re-cycle all the " get Rod out" merchandise. I am sold on the idea already.

Col2
01-06-2014, 05:29 PM
We will be able to re-cycle all the " get Rod out" merchandise. I am sold on the idea already.

Especially if all the years of chasing young blonde females was in fact just a front for his true fondness of the same sex...

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2014, 05:29 PM

:greengrin

madhatter
01-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Nice to see you, Mr. Romanov. How you keeping these days?

Need for this comment?

As I stated in another comment. Someone with millions upon millions, if not billions, who has a sensible source of income outside of football can make it work. Romanov did not have this.

If you think investing millions in Scottish football (even 30 million a year which would guarantee a decent challenge at the top end) and a chance of guaranteed champions league is stupid and deserved of your remark then I'd be interested to find out what you think investing billions (reported 930 million spent on becoming premier league contenders alone, plus the rest) and still being unable to win the champions league is? For that kind of money, I'd be hoping for guaranteed winners of the domestic league and cups - which they aren't.

You may joke but Hearts finished 2nd one year (whilst we were again, lower than them), they won cups and are now, even after everything (as long as they get out of administration) looking in better shape for next season. So, whilst Romanov, or anyone similar is not welcome at ER, remarks like yours shows that we'd rather float along with indifference (complaining) than the possibility to get an investor. May sound stupid but an investor, or group of investors, may be interested in Hibs. Wouldn't rule it out.

Guess we can hound Petrie out and say no to new investors because we know it all as fans, eh? Petrie is rightfully being hounded out but this high-horse, "we're above that" attitude is not helping us anymore. Bizarre really if you think about it, as fans of the club we're more likely than anyone to warn investors away - I'm not personally but looks like many are...Should be the other way around btw - we should be building the club up, not demolishing it or saying "Mr Romanov" to everything suggested.

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Need for this comment?

As I stated in another comment. Someone with millions upon millions, if not billions, who has a sensible source of income outside of football can make it work. Romanov did not have this.

If you think investing millions in Scottish football (even 30 million a year which would guarantee a decent challenge at the top end) and a chance of guaranteed champions league is stupid and deserved of your remark then I'd be interested to find out what you think investing billions (reported 930 million spent on becoming premier league contenders alone, plus the rest) and still being unable to win the champions league is? For that kind of money, I'd be hoping for guaranteed winners of the domestic league and cups - which they aren't.

You may joke but Hearts finished 2nd one year (whilst we were again, lower than them), they won cups and are now, even after everything (as long as they get out of administration) looking in better shape for next season. So, whilst Romanov, or anyone similar is not welcome at ER, remarks like yours shows that we'd rather float along with indifference (complaining) than the possibility to get an investor. May sound stupid but an investor, or group of investors, may be interested in Hibs. Wouldn't rule it out.

Guess we can hound Petrie out and say no to new investors because we know it all as fans, eh? Petrie is rightfully being hounded out but this high-horse, "we're above that" attitude is not helping us anymore. Bizarre really if you think about it, as fans of the club we're more likely than anyone to warn investors away - I'm not personally but looks like many are...Should be the other way around btw - we should be building the club up, not demolishing it or saying "Mr Romanov" to everything suggested.

Apologies for the cynicism, but.....

The model you suggested is exactly what Romanov tried to do. To market Hearts, and his bank, round Europe by use of CL television exposure. It failed.

One of the reasons it failed, is that Hearts and Hibs just don't have the market in Scotland that the Old Firm have. Even if we were to sell out ER every week, Ibrox and Parkhead would have double that attendance. That's the reality of Scottish football, which I don't see changing in the medium term.

The word "investor" is bandied about often, when really what clubs want is "a fan with cash". A Jack Walker or the likes, who don't care much what happens to their cash. Unfortunately, even that is no guarantee of success, however you define it. For every Jack Walker, there are a dozen Peter Ridsdales or Vladimir Romanovs.

mackie77
01-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Heard the same rumour I've been told that ex chairman Malcolm McDonald ( sorry if I got the name wrong) is the man behind the Americans bid which is meant to be announced this week.

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Heard the same rumour I've been told that ex chairman Malcolm McDonald ( sorry if I got the name wrong) is the man behind the Americans bid which is meant to be announced this week.

McPherson?

mackie77
01-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Yes McPherson that's right :-)

mackie77
01-06-2014, 06:09 PM
No names but the person who told me is high up in the investment side of RBS, I don't normally post on here unless I'm told from a good source, aye big deal made a mistake about his last name

Keith_M
01-06-2014, 06:10 PM
No names but the person who told me is high up in the investment side of RBS, I don't normally post on here unless I'm told from a good source,

Why not, what have you got to hide?

Also, why would he tell you?

madhatter
01-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Apologies for the cynicism, but.....

The model you suggested is exactly what Romanov tried to do. To market Hearts, and his bank, round Europe by use of CL television exposure. It failed.

One of the reasons it failed, is that Hearts and Hibs just don't have the market in Scotland that the Old Firm. Even if we were to sell out ER every week, Ibrox and Parkhead would have double that attendance. That's the reality of Scottish football, which I don't see changing in the medium term.

The word "investor" is bandied about often, when really what clubs want is "a fan with cash". A Jack Walker or the likes, who don't care much what happens to their cash. Unfortunately, even that is no guarantee of success, however you define it. For every Jack Walker, there are a dozen Peter Ridsdales or Vladimir Romanovs.

Sorry but Romanov failed because all of his businesses were failing. Including the bank you mentioned. As I stated once more, you don't need a fan, what you need is someone who doesn't care about their billions of cash and would like to play Footie Manager in real life. Abramovich isn't a fan - he is minted and fancies being god. Romanov failed because his businesses were in the dumps, including Hearts. He had no money left to pump in (hence not a billionaire with money revenue). Peter Ridsdale is/was a horrible, evil chairman/investor, granted.

Only reality in Scottish Football is unless Celtic and Rangers (who could possibly die again) leave, there will never be a challenger unless someone, or some group fancy investing in a club. Attendances change once success is achieved. Are you telling me if Hibs won the league we wouldn't be close to selling out Ibrox or Parkhead? How many Hibs fans do you think there are - dormant as well? How many Celtic fans do you think are actually glory hunting Hibs fans? Be interesting to find out. May I remind you, Man City have upped the stadium after success, not before. They now have approval to increase the stadium to 62,000. Would 62,000 Man City fans turn up if they were still a mid-table team? No.

mackie77
01-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Cause it's a friend of mine, it's up to you if believe me or not we'll find out soon enough

HibbySpurs
01-06-2014, 06:13 PM
OK - I can see that I am going to get rumbled with all of this ITK stuff. It's me and will be travelling back to Scotland from Kansas City on Thursday....

Are you bringing Toto with you Dorothy?

Keith_M
01-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Sorry but Romanov failed because all of his businesses were failing. Including the bank you mentioned. As I stated once more, you don't need a fan, what you need is someone who doesn't care about their billions of cash and would like to play Footie Manager in real life. Abramovich isn't a fan - he is minted and fancies being god. Romanov failed because his businesses were in the dumps, including Hearts. He had no money left to pump in (hence not a billionaire with money revenue). Peter Ridsdale is/was a horrible, evil chairman/investor, granted.

Only reality in Scottish Football is unless Celtic and Rangers (who could possibly die again) leave, there will never be a challenger unless someone, or some group fancy investing in a club. Attendances change once success is achieved. Are you telling me if Hibs won the league we wouldn't be close to selling out Ibrox or Parkhead? How many Hibs fans do you think there are - dormant as well? How many Celtic fans do you think are actually glory hunting Hibs fans? Be interesting to find out. May I remind you, Man City have upped the stadium after success, not before. They now have approval to increase the stadium to 62,000. Would 62,000 Man City fans turn up if they were still a mid-table team? No.

Would anyone buying into a Scottish Football Team be able to achieve the level of success of Chelsea or Man City?

No.

Would the same theoretical billionaire get the same ego boost due to world wide interest in the league in which they played?

No.

Additional evidence to back up my point of view is the fact that these people have only ever invested in big leagues. Diddy leagues like Scotland have only ever received interest from 2nd rate nobodies like Romanov.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Cause it's a friend of mine, it's up to you if believe me or not we'll find out soon enough

Did they say if it was going to be start or end of the week?

I'm skeptical because it's hardly good that you rarely post and come out with this - however, I'll be happy to be proven wrong :aok:

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2014, 06:17 PM

Where are these people?

Why would they put money into Hibs and not other teams?

Waxy
01-06-2014, 06:19 PM
A decent invester in a Scottish football team like us would bring a breathe of fresh air to Scottish football.If he/she could buy us a squad on more cash than the old firm, we'd win the league within three years.we'd have to fill in the corners of the ground to get it upto around 25'000.The place would be bouncing.But it's no gonna happen.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Would anyone buying into a Scottish Football Team be able to achieve the level of success of Chelsea or Man City?

No.

Would the same theoretical billionaire get the same ego boost due to world wide interest in the league in which they played?

No.

Additional evidence to back up my point of view is the fact that these people have only ever invested in big leagues. Diddy leagues like Scotland have only ever received interest from 2nd rate nobodies like Romanov.

No. Not likely. How did Athletico almost win the Champions League though? They've not spent as much as Chelsea or Man City...
Money doesn't guarantee success. Right investment structure with some fan ownership as well as good players, good team and good management can give you a damn good shot. Rangers and Celtic almost won the Europa League (UEFA Cup) recently after all. Larsson was Celtic's best player and he only cost 400k. Went on to win the champions league for Barca by coming on as a sub. We'd never ever win the Champions League but think about it proportionally, can they achieve equivalent success in Scottish football? Yes. Also, are you telling me if Hibs won the treble and got through a few rounds of the champions league that wouldn't be a bigger success than what Man City have done?

Celtic only do so well, not due to attendances (they've been horrendously low for 2 years now) but because they have Dermot Desmond and Peter Lawwell. I do not know the combined wealth there, and there is more to add to those 2 gentleman as well. Rangers are doing so bad because they don't have these individuals with vast amounts of money and even though they are still getting decent crowds they are hemorrhaging cash at an alarming rate.

Would they get the same ego boost? Not sure. Have to ask them. Maybe it is Rockstar North and the Leith lads want to invest. Maybe it is a person who has origins in Leith and would love to see the local team succeed. Who knows. We cannot presume to know how someone would feel should Hibs win something. We, as fans, have rarely felt it so we don't know what it'd feel like.

mackie77
01-06-2014, 06:27 PM
No yam or attention seeker here mate that's why I don't post very often.
OK, put me down as a 'not'.

You're either another attention seeker or a Yam attempting (yet another) pathetic wind-up.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Where are these people?

I don't know. What kind of question is that anyway?

Why would they put money into Hibs and not other teams?

That can be easily reversed to "Why would they put money into other teams and not Hibs?".

As a Hibs fan you aren't really building the name up are you?

I'm skeptical as much as anyone but why drag the name through the mud - a Hearts fan would say "Why would they put money into Hibs?" and laugh. You've done the exact same, I'm just hoping you didn't laugh. We're Hibs fans. If someone wants to invest properly into Hibs and create some sort of fan ownership scheme to assist and provide stability. So be it. If they are sensible, if they are a consortium with vasts amounts of cash and are open with their plans then I welcome it. Unlikely to happen but hey, I'd rather live in hope than live in despair.

Caversham Green
01-06-2014, 06:33 PM
It's worth taking a look at my local club -a potential member of the richest league in the world.

The Russian's been and gone.
There's an American in, no there's not, but there is an another American in now.
Or is there?
There's definitely a Saudi in.
An Israeli is going to buy the club for a quid.
But he's Jewish - there goes the Saudi.
And the bacon rolls.
Maybe Madejski (pronounced Ma Day Ski - the 'j' is silent) will stay
No, he's owned the club for 24 years and he's been trying to sell it for 24 years. He's also skint.
But he insists on keeping his name on the stadium - there goes another sale.

Meanwhile Reading FC look like going the way of the yam and Caversham Green realises how much he hates football politics despite loving the game itself.

(sorry, stream of conciousness fuelled by a very decent bottle of merlot.)

Ronniekirk
01-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Every Picture Tells A Story would be interesting .

mackie77
01-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Cause you post on here everyday or every other day makes you a hibs fan don't think so. Loads of people called me a yam when I posted about Ian Murray signing the second time. I never miss a game home or away but I don't have to justify myself on here

madhatter
01-06-2014, 06:36 PM
mackie77, start or end of the week before announcement regarding this? You told anything of that?

silverhibee
01-06-2014, 06:37 PM
"Wee are sailing, down the river"

HoboHarry
01-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Are you bringing Toto with you Dorothy?
Naw, and I can't find my ferkin red shoes either.... :greengrin

But I'm still coming back on Thursday for a couple of weeks....:thumbsup:

mackie77
01-06-2014, 06:39 PM
No idea of what day, I got told they've been trying to put this together for the last 6 months or so

Dunderhall
01-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Just a simple mistake.

Turns out it was a merkin investor who thought he could triple production throughput.
The deal fell through when he found Rowan Vine was no longer on the books.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 06:41 PM
No idea of what day, I got told they've been trying to put this together for the last 6 months or so

Thanks for the reply. Still don't know whether to believe or not. As is, with any rumour, to be honest but I hope something is on the cards.

Bronson
01-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Not saying I believe his story, but I doubt the guy's a yam. Why would a yam post something that would give hibs supporters optimism? If he claimed Wallace Mercer's son was trying to buy hibs then yes, possible yam, but I just don't see it in this instance.

mackie77
01-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Trust me 100% hibs fanatic ask big G from the st pats branch of which I'm a member and a member of the leith hibs supporters before that
Aye right. Whatever. :blah:

flash
01-06-2014, 06:49 PM
OK, put me down as a 'not'.

You're either another attention seeker or a Yam attempting (yet another) pathetic wind-up.

He is neither of the above.

mackie77
01-06-2014, 06:51 PM
I only posted it because I seen someone else had heard the same thing, all I'm going to add is my friend who told me is friends with Gary O'hagen

Callum_62
01-06-2014, 06:54 PM

6 months??

They will never handle the transfer window!

Americans OUT!!

:agree:

GreenLake
01-06-2014, 06:57 PM

Lets hope they can put a team together a lot more quickly.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 06:59 PM
A lot of you need to take a look at yourselves btw, I started a thread on "possible teams for next season - cheerful speculation" and first 2 comments were like someone had caught me in the crosshair.

We've had Charlie Reid say that fans need to stay united, we've had Paul Kane say the same and yet on a forum almost everyone can't wait to lay in to each other. Not seen so many "where is the proof?", "why would anyone invest in Hibs?", "you're a yam" and, in general, an accusational tone to everything typed.

We've even had a warning on behaviour to each other by admins here and yet people default to a "you're a yam" - even if it is potentially something positive for the club. If it is a yam, then clearly they've achieved whatever they wanted to achieve - Hibs fans slagging their own club (e.g. "Who would invest in us??"). If it isn't, who truly would want to invest in us after the comments in this thread alone - surely fans of the club would want some investment especially after relegation? No, not us. Not for us, "Mr. Romanov". I'll tell you whats wrong with Hibs, board room problems obviously but this deep-seated "we're better than that" (players mentioned from conference leagues and investment (Romanov - Hearts)) and "who would support/invest?" coming from our own fans is a massive problem also. Fans, are supporters. Most comments on here aren't derivative of support.

Seriously, I realise we're all hurting but think about what you are typing. This is our club after all. If there are investors. Fine. If there aren't. Fine.

bingo70
01-06-2014, 07:01 PM
I've no idea of the rumours are true or not but it does my tits in the way folk get accessed of being yams. What if they are? **** it. The way I see it is if they're a hibby being genuine then great, if they're a jambo making stuff up then they're clearly a mong and don't need me to tell them that, they'll know it themselves.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2014, 07:04 PM

No, but Maggie May :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
01-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Anybody know where I can buy a Texan hat? I want to be dressed appropriately when I shake these guys by the hand.

I also want something that's easy to kick in 6 months time.

Keith_M
01-06-2014, 07:09 PM
I've no idea of the rumours are true or not but it does my tits in the way folk get accessed of being yams. What if they are? **** it. The way I see it is if they're a hibby being genuine then great, if they're a jambo making stuff up then they're clearly a mong and don't need me to tell them that, they'll know it themselves.

Fair enough, but it does my tits in that there are so many people coming on here claiming to be in the know about one thing or another and point blank refuse to give any source for what they say. In some instances, there may be good reason for keeping names secret. However, if the information is SO sensitive, why are they sharing it in the first place, risking the source becoming known indirectly?

A number of recent 'stories' appear to be unfounded rumours, some of which could get the hopes up of fellow Hibs fans. Some of these rumours are started by Yams at the wind-up, purely to take the p*ss out of Hibs, Hibs fans and readers of this site.

I will continue to demand evidence from these people, or else this whole site will just be one endless list of attention seeking and wind-ups.

Peevemor
01-06-2014, 07:10 PM
No, but Maggie May :wink:

I've reason to believe that she's sailing.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2014, 07:11 PM
I've reason to believe that she's sailing.

Factually incorrect I'm afraid. She's on a Downtown Train :agree:

Haymaker
01-06-2014, 07:13 PM
An American owner/investment group, particularly one based in the north east of America, could be very interested in Hibs.

No idea if one is, if this is a wind up or not but it could happen.

bingo70
Fair enough, but it does my tits in that there are so many people coming on here claiming to be in the know about one thing or another and point blank refuse to give any source for what they say. In some instances, there may be good reason for keeping names secret. However, if the information is SO sensitive, why are they sharing it in the first place, risking the source becoming known indirectly?

A number of recent 'stories' appear to be unfounded rumours, some of which could get the hopes up of fellow Hibs fans. Some of these rumours are started by Yams at the wind-up, purely to take the p*ss out of Hibs, Hibs fans and readers of this site.

I will continue to demand evidence from these people, or else this whole site will just be one endless list of attention seeking and wind-ups.

I think you're being harsh imo.

Lots of people will hear things but won't want to give their names for obvious reasons.

One reason for bringing it up might not be attention seeking but simply to hear if other people have heard the same thing.

Obviously sometimes people will talk pish but calling them a yam or demanding their source is unlikely to change that.

greenginger
Can't see the new owner thing being true. What happens if they don't want Dempster or she does not want to work for them ?

I think/hope the far reaching changes Petrie has been alluding to are a form of fan trust ownership of the football side of the business.

If that is not what Rod announces, it could be an idea to put to Farmer.

He definitely wants out of responsibility for Hibs but won't want to see it taken over by some Spivs.

Dempster been working with Motherwell fans for sometime to get their Trust off the ground, so she should know the nuts and bolts.

Rather than putting our energies into a battle to force Petrie out ,with no next step planned, we should be offering to take the over the running of the football club, with Farmer's agreement of course......... Anyone up for that ?

Jonnyboy
Sneak preview of next season's Hibs TV offering

http://www.theladbible.com/videos/how-to-get-americans-to-interested-in-football

Bronson
01-06-2014, 07:17 PM

Spot on:top marks

Peevemor
01-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Factually incorrect I'm afraid. She's on a Downtown Train :agree:

I don't want to talk about it.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2014, 07:18 PM

:greengrin You win :greengrin

greenlex
01-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Are we sure. He has previous fir changing hugs colours. Might be a Hibby now?

madhatter
01-06-2014, 07:21 PM

You'll continue to demand evidence. To save us all from attention seeking. Hmm, demand...attention seeking. Wait a sec...

It's an online forum, not a courtroom. You'll scare off genuine Hibs fans with this pitchfork, "where were you during the hours", type mentality.

JustSimplyHibs
01-06-2014, 07:23 PM

I heard three weeks ago from a good friend that there was overseas interest in Hibs and that Sir Tom Farmer has been spending the last six months researching and getting back ground information on the interested party.

To be honest took it with a pinch of salt and laughed.

Just cannae see anyone interested in buying in to the club and investing :rolleyes:

IanM
01-06-2014, 07:26 PM
What happens if this is true, we get new rich American owners but one of their stipulations is that Petrie stays?!

Just being a dick :)

madhatter
01-06-2014, 07:28 PM
What happens if this is true, we get new rich American owners but one of their stipulations is that Petrie stays?!

Never know it may be the opposite and theyve requested Leeann as replacement.

Keith_M
01-06-2014, 07:29 PM
You'll continue to demand evidence. To save us all from attention seeking. Hmm, demand...attention seeking. Wait a sec...

It's an online forum, not a courtroom. You'll scare off genuine Hibs fans with this pitchfork, "where were you during the hours", type mentality.

OK, I'll just take it at face-value then.

Come on the Yanks and the newly named 'Hibernian Hawks'

Go Football!

:thumbsup:

Sergey
01-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Knowing our luck, it'll be a group of Arizona water barons.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 07:34 PM
OK, I'll just take it at face-value then.

Come on the Yanks and the newly named 'Hibernian Hawks'

Go Football!

:thumbsup:

Never said that. You are truly making your attention seeking statement hypocritical though.

There are better ways to go about seeking information than to type "Come on, names, dates...". Who knows if it is real or not, I asked for announcement time. Couldn't be given so I'm skeptical. I may be wrong, so I'll keep open mind.

The Green Goblin
01-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Not saying I believe his story, but I doubt the guy's a yam. Why would a yam post something that would give hibs supporters optimism? If he claimed Wallace Mercer's son was trying to buy hibs then yes, possible yam, but I just don't see it in this instance.

To split their sides laughing when they believe it and discuss it optimistically? :wink:

cocopops1875
01-06-2014, 07:50 PM
I was told there is an interested party (or parties) late last week, local lads no longer living in Edinburgh who had made their fortune in a " luxury industry " it's 3rd hand info but was from a source who has been bang on in the past (most recently Stanton signing a new deal while others on here were still saying he was disappointed by the tabled offer) I don't claim to be ITK and never have but the OP heard something and simply posted it so maybe he's right maybe not but no need to be harsh

Newcastlehibby
01-06-2014, 07:56 PM

I need a reason to believe.

The Green Goblin
01-06-2014, 07:59 PM
I suppose we`ll find out soon enough, one way or another.

Peevemor
01-06-2014, 08:01 PM
I suppose we`ll find out soon enough, one way or another.

Flippin' eck! It's Blondie now!

Lewis77
01-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Let's be honest, no F***ers buying us! We all want the club to be bought/saved. It's as though the club was a flaxen haired bint holding onto the empire state building screaming for help!

Actually in that analogy is Petrie King Kong?

.Sean.
01-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Is it any wonder folk post less and less of any snippets they hear? Folk getting on the guys back because he's no in the high post club. Sad. Give it a rest.

It may well turn our to be wind and pish, it may not. Calm it.

Bostonhibby
01-06-2014, 08:14 PM
:greengrin You win :greengrin

defeated, but you wear it well :greengrin

The Falcon
01-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Sorry but Romanov failed because all of his businesses were failing. Including the bank you mentioned.

Hearts were hardly a shining beacon of success propping up a myriad of failing companies. Hearts were losing money hand over fist and as well as the debt included in the CVA there was a further £40m (at least) which was, ultimately, from said bank. Rather than the bank failing bringing down Hearts I would suggest that Hearts failure had a significant impact on the viability of the bank.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2014, 08:16 PM
defeated, but you wear it well :greengrin

Yip but I'll stay Forever Young :greengrin

The Green Goblin
01-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Flippin' eck! It's Blondie now!

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
01-06-2014, 08:19 PM

Back on subject, if we are to become another yankee soccer franchise we might well be shot of Petrie but it doesn't really fit with our rich history and traditions so I suppose I will be Glad and Sorry.

madhatter
01-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Hearts were hardly a shining beacon of success propping up a myriad of failing companies. Hearts were losing money hand over fist and as well as the debt included in the CVA there was a further £40m (at least) which was, ultimately, from said bank. Rather than the bank failing bringing down Hearts I would suggest that Hearts failure had a significant impact on the viability of the bank.

Yes. That was the point I was making. It was all of his businesses including hearts failing. I wouldn't say Hearts failing caused the bank to fall. I'd say both struggling badly caused both collapsing. Romanov is also a madman.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Anybody know where I can buy a Texan hat?

Hmmmm, a hat made out of 70's chocolate bars, how very strange! :greengrin

Peevemor
01-06-2014, 08:22 PM

Some guys have all the luck.

ekhibee
01-06-2014, 08:22 PM

Uuuggh , this image of Petrie in tight leopard-skin legins just flashed before me and I just had my dinner half an hour ago, I'm off to throw up.

ano hibby
01-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Sneak preview of next season's Hibs TV offering

http://www.theladbible.com/videos/how-to-get-americans-to-interested-in-football

That's brilliant :) 517 career chest traps, simply awesome

The Falcon
01-06-2014, 08:29 PM
It's worth taking a look at my local club -a potential member of the richest league in the world.

The Russian's been and gone.
There's an American in, no there's not, but there is an another American in now.
Or is there?
There's definitely a Saudi in.
An Israeli is going to buy the club for a quid.
But he's Jewish - there goes the Saudi.
And the bacon rolls.
Maybe Madejski (pronounced Ma Day Ski - the 'j' is silent) will stay
No, he's owned the club for 24 years and he's been trying to sell it for 24 years. He's also skint.
But he insists on keeping his name on the stadium - there goes another sale.

Meanwhile Reading FC look like going the way of the yam and Caversham Green realises how much he hates football politics despite loving the game itself.

(sorry, stream of conciousness fuelled by a very decent bottle of merlot.)

The bacon rolls would be the biggest miss..................

Crazyhorse
01-06-2014, 08:31 PM

If he was originally brought up a hibee (and only later changed to being a glory hunting celt) then who knows maybe the first cut was the deepest.

The Falcon
01-06-2014, 08:33 PM
If he was originally brought up a hibee (and only later changed to being a glory hunting celt) then who knows maybe the first cut was the deepest.

He also, legend has it, is as miserable as sin. :cb

Crazyhorse
01-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Uuuggh , this image of Petrie in tight leopard-skin legins just flashed before me and I just had my dinner half an hour ago, I'm off to throw up.

No 'hot legs' then?

southsider
01-06-2014, 08:34 PM
A nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2014, 08:36 PM
On a completely different topic, has anyone been on one of those Downtown Trains that go out to the airport since they started yesterday?

The Falcon
01-06-2014, 08:38 PM

He might be "only a hobo" then?

Greencore
01-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Mikey forrester? Russian sailors....

Crazyhorse
01-06-2014, 08:44 PM
A nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse.

Oh la la .... now your talking!

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-06-2014, 08:59 PM

But do you think he's sexy?

Aldo
01-06-2014, 09:04 PM
But do you think he's sexy?

Do you think he'll be wearing his handbag and glad rags??

Bostonhibby
01-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Do you think he'll be wearing his handbag and glad rags??

Or will he get Rod to say My Fault?

nribs
01-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Is it any wonder folk post less and less of any snippets they hear? Folk getting on the guys back because he's no in the high post club. Sad. Give it a rest.

It may well turn our to be wind and pish, it may not. Calm it.

Yesh of coursh we should.

Emerald
01-06-2014, 09:37 PM

He won't but 'Maggie May'!

fatbloke
01-06-2014, 09:45 PM

That will be due to the Mandolin Wind of change blowing through Easter Road

MrSmith
01-06-2014, 10:25 PM
Geez, more yam fuderry! Its so difficult to read the main board at the moment! I wish these yams would just do one cos they aint fooling anyone!

Greencore
01-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Geez, more yam fuderry! Its so difficult to read the main board at the moment! I wish these yams would just do one cos they aint fooling anyone!

Lolol! ..."yam"

gorgie greens
01-06-2014, 11:51 PM

The thing that gets me is before i left Edinburgh to head down here i have been in the company of both Malcolm McPherson and Kenny Mclean and know that they know each other quite well so why would Kenny get involved in the get Petrie out if he knew about the investor from the states unless he was trying to pressure STF in to making a decision as he felt it had been dragging on a bit too long and fears the investor may look else where,

HFC93
01-06-2014, 11:57 PM
I heard Bill Gates used to have a season ticket in east terracing

madhatter
02-06-2014, 12:08 AM
I heard this was a Hibs forum?

Possibly may be guff. Highly likely it will be but mocking your own club, indirectly or otherwise is not helping matters.

I'll give you a figure, 95% of fans that have taken the **** out of this thread are 100% behind getting Petrie out without a tangible idea of what comes next. We all agree on Petrie leaving but slagging club and making silly jokes constantly is more tiresome than these likely yam threads.

Way I see it, if it is posted by a Hearts fan - imagine the hilarity as multiple Hibs fans reply "Why the hell would they invest in us?", "Why would they invest in us and not other teams?". If we, as the fans, can't answer these questions, no investor will want to come near us. If we, as fans, can have some justification for investing then we may entice someone.

Positivity breeds positivity. Negativity breeds negativity. "Hibs are a dangerous club to work for" Charlie Reid said. Who can blame him, eh?

Macaroon
02-06-2014, 12:31 AM
Or will he get Rod to say My Fault?

Would have to look out the Flags and Banners if that happened. Don't Tell Everyone though.

The_Horde
02-06-2014, 12:42 AM
I heard this was a Hibs forum?

Possibly may be guff. Highly likely it will be but mocking your own club, indirectly or otherwise is not helping matters.

I'll give you a figure, 95% of fans that have taken the **** out of this thread are 100% behind getting Petrie out without a tangible idea of what comes next. We all agree on Petrie leaving but slagging club and making silly jokes constantly is more tiresome than these likely yam threads.

Way I see it, if it is posted by a Hearts fan - imagine the hilarity as multiple Hibs fans reply "Why the hell would they invest in us?", "Why would they invest in us and not other teams?". If we, as the fans, can't answer these questions, no investor will want to come near us. If we, as fans, can have some justification for investing then we may entice someone.

Positivity breeds positivity. Negativity breeds negativity. "Hibs are a dangerous club to work for" Charlie Reid said. Who can blame him, eh?

What was that figure again mate? :wink:

madhatter
02-06-2014, 12:46 AM
;4043965']What was that figure again mate? :wink:

2 posts out of 388... fair bit away from the figure you mentioned - I'm not going to state it again because that'll cause the count to go up.

The_Horde
02-06-2014, 12:49 AM
2 posts out of 388... fair bit away from the figure you mentioned - I'm not going to state it again because that'll cause the count to go up.

You better put one in soon or that 95% might drop.

madhatter
02-06-2014, 12:54 AM
;4043969']You better put one in soon or that 95% might drop.

Don't even know what you are on about now. Probably suggesting that your claim still has some foundation and that I had better keep putting that figure out. Even doing this whilst presented with the facts...

Incidentally, I believe, just working on a hunch here, that you've now stated that figure more than me. Well done!

The_Horde
02-06-2014, 12:59 AM
Don't even know what you are on about now. Probably suggesting that your claim still has some foundation and that I had better keep putting that figure out. Even doing this whilst presented with the facts...

Incidentally, I believe, just working on a hunch here, that you've now stated that figure more than me. Well done!

I believe you've taken this to heart a wee bit too much.

Go make yourself a cup of tea and read over my posts again once you've calmed down a touch.

madhatter
02-06-2014, 01:11 AM
;4043972']I believe you've taken this to heart a wee bit too much.

Go make yourself a cup of tea and read over my posts again once you've calmed down a touch.

No. I don't take any thing on here to heart. Go on the wind up and be prepared to be wound up. Fair game really.

Everyone puts their own drivel on here and because of being behind keyboard their is less thought put into it. Each to their own. Don't be misled by my posts though, I'm 100% unaffected by your comments or any other on here.

All said and done, have a good night.

The_Horde
02-06-2014, 01:12 AM
No. I don't take any thing on here to heart. Go on the wind up and be prepared to be wound up. Fair game really.

Everyone puts their own drivel on here and because of being behind keyboard their is less thought put into it. Each to their own. Don't be misled by my posts though, I'm 100% unaffected by your comments or any other on here.

All said and done, have a good night.

I wasn't winding anybody up?

madhatter
02-06-2014, 01:29 AM
;4043977']I wasn't winding anybody up?

Matter of opinion and as I said we all post our drivel. I'd imagine if I told you to calm down and have a wee cup of tea, that'd be the done thing?

Honestly who cares? You said id taken stuff to heart when I hadn't and said 95% of my posts mention 95% when that was clearly not true. Whether you're trying to entertain the masses or on a windup, who cares? Silly posts are stupid and like many you've posted tonight, this one I'm sending is silly and stupid. Who cares though? I post my drivel, you post yours.

The_Horde
02-06-2014, 01:40 AM
Matter of opinion and as I said we all post our drivel. I'd imagine if I told you to calm down and have a wee cup of tea, that'd be the done thing?

Honestly who cares? You said id taken stuff to heart when I hadn't and said 95% of my posts mention 95% when that was clearly not true. Whether you're trying to entertain the masses or on a windup, who cares? Silly posts are stupid and like many you've posted tonight, this one I'm sending is silly and stupid. Who cares though? I post my drivel, you post yours.

I'm sorry I wound you up. It wasn't my intention.