PDA

View Full Version : Black Grouse Whisky

Golden Bear
31-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Brutal tackle! Xmas bottle well and truly baptised tonight. Strangely acceptable after the first few wee nippy sweeties.

Lewis77
03-06-2014, 08:33 PM
My grandad always used to tell me Vat 69 was the Hibs man's whisky. Its a bit harsh but ok after a few.

Peevemor
03-06-2014, 08:42 PM
My grandad always used to tell me Vat 69 was the Hibs man's whisky. Its a bit harsh but ok after a few.

I'm sure it was advertised on the old main stand for a good few years.

Saturday Boy
04-06-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm sure it was advertised on the old main stand for a good few years.

I remember an advert for King George IV scotch whisky on the old stand for many years, not sure about vat 69.

yeezus.
04-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Have you ever had Snow Grouse? Refrigerated so it is, used to love a nip at night.

Peevemor
04-06-2014, 08:35 PM
I remember an advert for King George IV scotch whisky on the old stand for many years, not sure about vat 69.

I don't remember that, but I'm having my doubts about Vat 69 now too. I know there was a large ad painted on the roof of their place at S Queensferry - maybe that's what I'm thinking of. There was definitely an OVD ad at ER for years though.

Just Alf
05-06-2014, 04:54 PM
I don't remember that, but I'm having my doubts about Vat 69 now too. I know there was a large ad painted on the roof of their place at S Queensferry - maybe that's what I'm thinking of. There was definitely an OVD ad at ER for years though.

I was too young to remember exactly but my old mans best pal was a bigwig at south queensferry, I seem to remember he had a jag with VAT 69 or VAT 68 as the reg, we did get taken to a good few games at ER in the "comfy" seats at the company's expense so might be something in it?