PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to Mike Reilly

IanM
29-05-2014, 08:09 PM
From
Hibernian FC News and Transfer Rumours
Hibs Paige
Save Our Hibs

Has appeared on the 4 in hand facebook page.. Sorry I can't copy/paste but I'm sure someone will

Adds some fuel to the fire no doubt

down-the-slope
29-05-2014, 08:26 PM
link?

oconnors_strip
29-05-2014, 08:39 PM
From 4 in hand
Hibernian FC News and Transfer Rumours
Hibs Paige
Save Our Hibs

Has appeared on the 4 in hand facebook page.. Sorry I can't copy/paste but I'm sure someone will

Adds some fuel to the fire no doubt

That has nothing to do with the four in hand supporters club, it was only posted on our page by someone who didn't ask permission. Been removed now. The persons who wrote it are from Hibernian FC news & transfers rumours

IanM
29-05-2014, 08:44 PM
That has nothing to do with the four in hand supporters club, it was only posted on our page by someone who didn't ask permission. Been removed now. The persons who wrote it are from Hibernian FC news & transfers rumours

I stand corrected.. It appeared that way when reading it. I never managed to get the link to work anyway!

Lmc2105
29-05-2014, 08:50 PM
I would like reiterate very clearly that the FOUR IN HAND HSC have nothing to do with this statement tonight made by Andy Giles,

Andy Giles doesn't speak for the Four In Hand HSC.

IanM
29-05-2014, 08:53 PM
I would like reiterate very clearly that the FOUR IN HAND HSC have nothing to do with this statement tonight made by Andy Giles,

Andy Giles doesn't speak for the Four In Hand HSC.

I've amended my original post. If anyone does want to read Andy's letter then don't go to the 4 in hand! He'll no doubt post this in his own message board/forum

Sorry for the confusion

Ozyhibby
29-05-2014, 08:57 PM

The guy who tipped of the yams the line up the day before the last Derby?
Plonker.

Lmc2105
29-05-2014, 08:59 PM
I've amended my original post. If anyone does want to read Andy's letter then don't go to the 4 in hand! He'll no doubt post this in his own message board/forum

Sorry for the confusion

Not a problem mate.

oconnors_strip
29-05-2014, 09:11 PM
The guy who tipped of the yams the line up the day before the last Derby?
Plonker.

No idea about that.

Benny Brazil
30-05-2014, 04:59 AM
link?

Not a link - but here is what was posted:

Hibernian FC News & Transfer Rumours
HibsPaige
Save Our Hibs

Thursday 29th May 2014

An open letter to Mike Riley and members of the Hibernian Supporters Association:

Mr Riley,
As administrators of the mentioned supporters groups on Facebook we write to you on behalf of our combined members to raise some concerns regarding recent comments published by the media, in particular comments regarding a financial boycott of the club.
An overwhelming number of fans on our groups have expressed anger towards suggestions that you intend to lead a boycott of season ticket money as well as leading a call for business sponsors to withhold or cancel sponsorship.
We fully understand that these comments within various media outlets are possibly taken out of context and therefore request clarification so that the Hibernian family present within our groups can get a better understanding of your intentions.

We also would like to join in dialogue with you regarding the planned protest at the position of our current chairman Mr Rod Petrie. The majority of our members are in agreement with your vote of no-confidence towards him. Because of this we offer our assistance and desire to aid in any protest and discussions held with Mr Petrie and the other board members of Hibernian FC.
It must be made absolutely clear on our part though that this open letter does NOT join you in your intentions to oust Terry Butcher and his management team from position also. We acknowledge that within our members the debate regarding Mr Butcher and his team is very much split and as such the majority can NOT be determined.

Sunday 25th May 2014 will now be cemented in our history, an entry which we hoped to never see again after the hurt of 1998. But with our combined voice we hope to assist in changing the club for the better and aid the immediate return to the SPFL as we did in 1999.

We would like to request representation at any meeting on behalf of our members, members who want their voices heard in their own words. A task which is difficult to facilitate but with combined support we know we can achieve.

On behalf of our members we thank you for taking the time to read this letter and we look forward to your response.

Andy Gillies (Hibernian FC News & Transfer Rumours)
Paige Lawson (HibsPaige)
Dave Solway (Save Our Hibs)

Viva_Palmeiras
30-05-2014, 05:09 AM
Not a link - but here is what was posted:

Hibernian FC News & Transfer Rumours
HibsPaige
Save Our Hibs

Thursday 29th May 2014

An open letter to Mike Riley and members of the Hibernian Supporters Association:

Mr Riley,
As administrators of the mentioned supporters groups on Facebook we write to you on behalf of our combined members to raise some concerns regarding recent comments published by the media, in particular comments regarding a financial boycott of the club.
An overwhelming number of fans on our groups have expressed anger towards suggestions that you intend to lead a boycott of season ticket money as well as leading a call for business sponsors to withhold or cancel sponsorship.
We fully understand that these comments within various media outlets are possibly taken out of context and therefore request clarification so that the Hibernian family present within our groups can get a better understanding of your intentions.

We also would like to join in dialogue with you regarding the planned protest at the position of our current chairman Mr Rod Petrie. The majority of our members are in agreement with your vote of no-confidence towards him. Because of this we offer our assistance and desire to aid in any protest and discussions held with Mr Petrie and the other board members of Hibernian FC.
It must be made absolutely clear on our part though that this open letter does NOT join you in your intentions to oust Terry Butcher and his management team from position also. We acknowledge that within our members the debate regarding Mr Butcher and his team is very much split and as such the majority can NOT be determined.

Sunday 25th May 2014 will now be cemented in our history, an entry which we hoped to never see again after the hurt of 1998. But with our combined voice we hope to assist in changing the club for the better and aid the immediate return to the SPFL as we did in 1999.

We would like to request representation at any meeting on behalf of our members, members who want their voices heard in their own words. A task which is difficult to facilitate but with combined support we know we can achieve.

On behalf of our members we thank you for taking the time to read this letter and we look forward to your response.

Andy Gillies (Hibernian FC News & Transfer Rumours)
Paige Lawson (HibsPaige)
Dave Solway (Save Our Hibs)

Anyone know how long these respective entities has been in existence, the size and nature of their followers (ie is it more than an online community which maybe formed of interlopers and Hibees? Or is it just a guy with a web "Paige" ;) Not dismissing btw just asking - seems articulate enough and with some reasoned argument. Just wondering if they've got bees in bonnets just how many bonnets versus the others who'll have taken some degree of council and if not will have been pulled up by now...

Keith_M
30-05-2014, 06:05 AM
I've no idea who these people are but they articulate quite well my feelings on the subject.

macca70
30-05-2014, 06:27 AM
All these different Fans Groups with folk trying to make a name for themselves.

All with variations of the same message, the fans have had enough, we've tolerated sub standard performances for long enough and now insisting on major change.

All the squabbling between different Supporters Clubs is detracting and diluting the main message, Petrie has to go and major change must start from the very top.

What is it we as fans actually want:

Farmer Out?
Petrie Out?
Fan rep on the board?
Butcher Out and his hingers on out?
Boycott and potentially cripple the club til we get change?

Winston Ingram
30-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Andy gillies or whatever his name is , is a total bellend..fact end off.
Hibs paige has just over 1k followers

Absolutely. The Save Our Hibs page has only been set up in the last few days as well.

From what I gather about Gillies is that he hangs about the training ground.

He's met Butcher and no doubt has been charmed by him hence the blindness to the on pitch destruction caused by him.

Hero76
30-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Absolutely. The Save Our Hibs page has only been set up in the last few days as well.

From what I gather about Gillies is that he hangs about the training ground.

He's met Butcher and no doubt has been charmed by him hence the blindness to the on pitch destruction caused by him.

Yip that's the cretin.
The ***** he talks on that Paige is beyond belief. A total roaster of the highest order.

TowerHibs
30-05-2014, 07:01 AM
Went to school with one of the guys mentioned on the letter - definately not a welt. He set up the Save our Hibs page this week and already has over 700 people attending at a demo next week (whether they all turn up is another question). Dave is a solid guy, massive Hibby and excelllent at organising things.

I think people are starting to get squeaky bums at the thought of others immobilising and actually backing up our words with actions

CallumLaidlaw
30-05-2014, 07:01 AM
Anyone know how long these respective entities has been in existence, the size and nature of their followers (ie is it more than an online community which maybe formed of interlopers and Hibees? Or is it just a guy with a web "Paige" ;) Not dismissing btw just asking - seems articulate enough and with some reasoned argument. Just wondering if they've got bees in bonnets just how many bonnets versus the others who'll have taken some degree of council and if not will have been pulled up by now...

Both HibsPaige and Hibernian FC News and transfer Rumours have over 1500 members to their groups. Save our Hibs has only just appeared.

There's a few old fashioned arguments going around, but in the modern society we live in, Facebook groups are probably just as relevant as any other. To be fair to them, they haven't gone flying in to Petrie, they've went to Riley to express their concerns about some of his comments. Something a lot of people on here have raised.

Winston Ingram
30-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Yip that's the cretin.
The ***** he talks on that Paige is beyond belief. A total roaster of the highest order.

:agree:

Total roaster. Called Hibs.net a 'clique'.

He also claimed the 'VAST majority' of Hibs fans wanted Petrie & Butcher to stay based on a couple of comments on his page. He's since back tracked on the Petrie statement

Winston Ingram
30-05-2014, 07:45 AM
Both HibsPaige and Hibernian FC News and transfer Rumours have over 1500 members to their groups. Save our Hibs has only just appeared.

There's a few old fashioned arguments going around, but in the modern society we live in, Facebook groups are probably just as relevant as any other. To be fair to them, they haven't gone flying in to Petrie, they've went to Riley to express their concerns about some of his comments. Something a lot of people on here have raised.

The view was only backed by 133 people.

John_the_angus_hibby
30-05-2014, 07:56 AM
My god I am getting confused by all the hibs fan orgs in this and who represents who.

It's all a bit Peoples Front of Judea is it not??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vini1875
30-05-2014, 08:44 AM
It is true all these different groups may have guys competing for attention, but it is also true That the HSA do not have a mandate from the support and it would more useful for all the different groups, Branches and web sites to form one group under which certain things have universal agreement. For example if all consult their members on the question of RP or TB then they can come forward with a mandate. The other thing to agree on is many people have more than one membership to various things.

The thing that has to happen is the support need to have one voice. It does appear that the HSA at the club rooms have the ability to accomodate a meeting of all the members of our family. I don't know if they have the leadership qualities to facilitate it. Paul Kane and Kenny McLean may have the werewithall to job.

To me it seems we have to agree on three basic issues:- RP resign or stay. TB and staff resign or stay. Boycott or not in the advent that first demands are not met.

I personally think RP and TB should go, but I don't support a boycott.

pedroorange1875
30-05-2014, 08:54 AM
My god I am getting confused by all the hibs fan orgs in this and who represents who.

It's all a bit Peoples Front of Judea is it not??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No its the Judean People's Front

Geo_1875
30-05-2014, 10:53 AM
I think it's easier for organisers of social media pages to gauge the feelings of their followers than it is for Mike to do so with the HSA. Their are many who are members of the HSA by default due to branch membership who rarely or never visit the Hibs Club and Mike would have no way to know their opinion either way. Where Mike is put on the spot is the media have him on speed-dial for whenever they want an instant fans response to any Hibs-related question. He can't really say I'll take your questions back to the club and canvas my members. At least branch bus organisers are in regular contact with most of their membership and can quite accurately respond on their behalf. Except Brockie who just spouts pish.

lucky
30-05-2014, 11:21 AM
I feel like I'm the only Hibs fan that's not set up a group claiming to be the voice of the people

147lothian
30-05-2014, 09:10 PM
I just don't get these personal attacks or what people who do them are trying to achieve? The simple question should be do you want petrie out? Don't come out with personal stuff against people it gets no one anywhere, all it does is discredits the anti petrie campaign