PDA

View Full Version : The Young boys.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Personally, I think it is an absolute joke how Brad and Goldy got released without even getting a chance to prove themselves.

100% this will come back to haunt us one day and they will go on to be good players that we wished we had kept.

3pm
27-05-2014, 11:47 AM
We'll see.

There aren't too many who have come back to 'haunt us'.

greenlex
27-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Wait till you see what's coming. Its gonna be carnage.

Suburban Hibby
27-05-2014, 12:25 PM

Go on then, I am sitting comfortably...

AlbertK86
27-05-2014, 01:41 PM

Suspecting the EOS team will fall by the wayside.... Poor if true

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Suspecting the EOS team will fall by the wayside.... Poor if trueYeah, thinking similar.

Centre Hawf
27-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Yeah, thinking similar.

Berwick Rangers still have their EOS team so its possible to continue it while being in the lower divisions. Wether its something we deem affordable in time and recourses is a different matter.

Blocks Biloxi
27-05-2014, 03:19 PM
We'll see.

There aren't too many who have come back to 'haunt us'.

He hasn't exactly come back to haunt us, but Stefan Scougall could have been a cracking player in a Hibs shirt.

Johnny_Leith
27-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Donaldson has been unlucky with injury but even when fit hasn't been able to force himself into the team.

Gold is not good enough and spends his nights off getting smashed on George Street.

Nevi_SOL
27-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Berwick Rangers still have their EOS team so its possible to continue it while being in the lower divisions. Wether its something we deem affordable in time and recourses is a different matter.

Berwick rangers aren't entering EOS

PeterboroHibee
27-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Personally, I think it is an absolute joke how Brad and Goldy got released without even getting a chance to prove themselves.

100% this will come back to haunt us one day and they will go on to be good players that we wished we had kept.

I dont think you can say that. Its a shame these guys havent been given a proper chance, but football can be ruthless at times. I imagine being out of contract didnt do them any favors with us having to cut the wage bill, and maybe they just didnt impress enough to justify being offered a new deal.

truehibernian
27-05-2014, 03:34 PM
I just wonder if wee Dean Horribine might come back to haunt us - cracking player and I can see his boyhood faves Hearts taking him. Very bemused we are letting him go to be honest - big downer !

steviehibsleith
27-05-2014, 04:06 PM
I just wonder if wee Dean Horribine might come back to haunt us - cracking player and I can see his boyhood faves Hearts taking him. Very bemused we are letting him go to be honest - big downer !
Really he is 21yo not wanting to be harsh but think he should have shown more by now.

heidtheba
27-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Worries me a lot actually, if we, with all the famed 'infrastructure' can't get at least one central defender from the youth set up to realistically challenge Nelson and McGivern, two players I think are very poor (based on only seeing them on the TV to be fair so will bow to the knowledge of those of you who have paid in time and money to see em each week) then we're daffy ducked.

I know Foster came through but that was over a year ago. You can't get a 'Golden Generation' every year but surely one player must have been better than those two...?

AlbertK86
27-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Worries me a lot actually, if we, with all the famed 'infrastructure' can't get at least one central defender from the youth set up to realistically challenge Nelson and McGivern, two players I think are very poor (based on only seeing them on the TV to be fair so will bow to the knowledge of those of you who have paid in time and money to see em each week) then we're daffy ducked. I know Foster came through but that was over a year ago. You can't get a 'Golden Generation' every year but surely one player must have been better than those two...?

The boy Gardiner that came from Spurs looked good the time I saw him and reports from those who watch 20s regularly seem to rate him

sahib
27-05-2014, 05:41 PM
The boy Gardiner that came from Spurs looked good the time I saw him and reports from those who watch 20s regularly seem to rate him

With no evidence, from this season, that anybody at ER can spot a player, I fear it will be pure chance whether good prospects are kept or ditched.