PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Prices

hibeedonald
26-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Surely those who paid £405 will get a partial refund and prices put down?

Then again we could be ****ed without the money.

Cameron Wilson
26-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Highly doubt they would put the prices down, or give a partial refund.

Especially with Petrie running the joint.

steviehibsleith
26-05-2014, 01:09 PM
I would think prices will have to drop in line with other Championship prices. Not sure if there is a ruling or governance on this as what will we charge away fans.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The Leith Dutch
26-05-2014, 01:14 PM
I renewed quite early.
Being honest I had assumed that despite how dreadful we were we wouldn't go down as the other teams were equally gash.

Gutted as I am to be down I wouldn't want a refund.

My ST is not about good value. It's about supporting the club.

I have the same issues as a lot of folk on here with how the club is being run and the fact that we need a clearout at the top but getting some of my money back would be utterly counterproductive to seeing Hibs improve.

Leith Mo
26-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Would think that any refund would be given in the form of vouchers for the Club shop or some other way of keeping the cash tied up in house. Then again, Rod will probably have the gall to argue that there will be minimum of 4 category A games instead of only 2 in the Premiership so value is built-in.

Any money considered for refunds should be given to a taxi fund, with Petrie, Butcher, Malpas and Marsella in no particular order at the beginning of the queue. Then again, we could always just give them their bus fare so they could see how most ordinary people live.

bingo70
26-05-2014, 01:18 PM
I can't see how it'll be practical to issue refunds and tbh we probably can't afford to. Will likely be a discount off next year's ticket if anything.

Greenblood70
26-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Spoke to a few folk today who have cancelled their payment plans. All are aware of the ramifications of doing so with the finance company. It was last nights statement that pushed them over the edge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SQHib
26-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Surely those who paid £405 will get a partial refund and prices put down?

Then again we could be ****ed without the money.

They will have to do something as even assuming Petrie claims you get 4 Cat A games and has the cheek to charge £28 per game then for a walk up that would equal £112 - deduct that from £405 leaves £293 as payment for 14 remaining games. That's £20.92 per game !! so if they have the cheek to keep the prices the same and charge £22 for a cat B game for 1st div football :rotflmao: then your season ticket saves you £15.12 over the season !!

Ther's no way they will charge that for walk ups ( unless they want an empty stadium ) so they will have to provide something back for early birds - I suspect a free cup top up inc Ramsdens cup ( wooh) will be the offer and some free tickets for those already taking CTU for next season

Taz_hibee
26-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Spoke to a few folk today who have cancelled their payment plans. All are aware of the ramifications of doing so with the finance company. It was last nights statement that pushed them over the edge.

Hibs have already been paid the money from finance company and all they are going to do is screw their own credit rating for next 6 years which will come back to haunt them big style

southsider
26-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Would think that any refund would be given in the form of vouchers for the Club shop or some other way of keeping the cash tied up in house. Then again, Rod will probably have the gall to argue that there will be minimum of 4 category A games instead of only 2 in the Premiership so value is built-in.

Any money considered for refunds should be given to a taxi fund, with Petrie, Butcher, Malpas and Marsella in no particular order at the beginning of the queue. Then again, we could always just give them their bus fare so they could see how most ordinary people live.
I would personally buy all 4 a one-way ticket to Timbukto.

whiskyhibby
26-05-2014, 02:09 PM
I renewed quite early.
Being honest I had assumed that despite how dreadful we were we wouldn't go down as the other teams were equally gash.

I have the same issues as a lot of folk on here with how the club is being run and the fact that we need a clearout at the top but getting some of my money back would be utterly counterproductive to seeing Hibs improve.

I completely agree, I don't want a refund, I want all of my £405 and the couple of Kicks for Kids seasons purchased , to go to the club

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keith_M
26-05-2014, 02:15 PM
I can't see how they could possibly justify charging Premier League prices for the 1st Division. They surely can't charge people £22 - £28 per game, which would mean Season Ticket holders paying much more than anybody else. I can't see many folk agreeing to that.

The problem is, we need the money to be able to afford good enough players to come back up at the first time of asking. That means the fans either pay over-inflated prices or the club has to be willing to gamble on making a massive loss just to get promoted.

Does anyone know what the 1st Division prices were last season?

Keith_M
26-05-2014, 02:21 PM
I just had a look at the Dundee website, as I was curious as to how much they would charge for Season Tickets now they're promoted.

The HIGHEST priced Adult Season Ticket is £340.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Does anyone know what the 1st Division prices were last season?

I would say on average £5 for kids and £15 for adults.

Makaveli
26-05-2014, 02:31 PM
I think central seats at Ibrox are £495 and most are more like £350 or so.

green&left
26-05-2014, 02:36 PM
SPL prices for next season, similar view (side stand).

Motherwell: £310
Celtic: £410 (Includes two cup games I believe)
Aberdeen: £365
Dundee Utd: £325

Hibs in the first division: £405.

Unreal.

itslegaltender
26-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Livingston are £200 for an adult season ticket for coming season.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2014, 02:38 PM
SPL prices for next season, similar view (side stand).

Motherwell: £310
Celtic: £410 (Includes two cup games I believe)
Aberdeen: £365
Dundee Utd: £325

Hibs in the first division: £405.

Unreal.

But Rod might throw in free entry to the Ramsden's Cup. Ours are actually £380, not £405, still way overpriced

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 02:40 PM
ST prices seem to be roughly between £200-£250 for championship clubs.

Think Alloa are cheapest at 180!

green&left
26-05-2014, 02:42 PM
But Rod might throw in free entry to the Ramsden's Cup. Ours are actually £380, not £405, still way overpriced

£405 for the East.

Also just noticed how utterly utterly p...sh our website and marketing is compared to the teams mentioned above.

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 02:43 PM
But Rod might throw in free entry to the Ramsden's Cup. Ours are actually £380, not £405, still way overpricedit's 405 if you never got the early bird

lucky
26-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Livingston have announced a ST purchased before then of June is £180. How can Hibs justify more than double for the same product?

Makaveli
26-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Livingston have announced a ST purchased before then of June is £180. How can Hibs justify more than double for the same product?

18 Livingston games vs 18 Hibs games...

Not trying to be wide, but in what way is that the same product?

DaveF
26-05-2014, 02:49 PM

Maybe it's needed to pay off our long list of sacked managers contracts?

Seeing those prices is sickening and surely worthy of another Rodders statement to explain.

SlickShoes
26-05-2014, 02:54 PM

Both are teams playing in division 1 next season?

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 02:57 PM

Agreed, we should be cheaper than Livingston.

Pete
26-05-2014, 03:02 PM
I would expect a small drop in price for those who have not renewed and a refund in vouchers for those who already have. Even a token drop like the price of a home top would be acceptable.

No drop at all would be unacceptable.

mcfly
26-05-2014, 03:09 PM
They will have to come up with answers soon re prices but surely £405 cannot be justified for lower league football.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 03:11 PM
I would expect a small drop in price for those who have not renewed and a refund in vouchers for those who already have. Even a token drop like the price of a home top would be acceptable.

Even a token drop would be unacceptable. Considering our fanbase will be about 10x greater than half of that league.

Will be interesting to see the approach that Hearts take on this.

danhibees1875
26-05-2014, 03:14 PM
If you have or go on to get a season then you get 100 off next years?

How would a deal like that be received?

Gus Fring
26-05-2014, 03:17 PM
The average price of a ticket is £16 in the championship I believe. A season ticket should therefore be at the very most 18 x £16 = £288.

Just now anyone pricing up a season ticket will wonder what they are paying more for? There's nothing stopping them from walking up to every game, paying £16, and watching the same product as a season ticket holder in the same stands.

In fact in this, the age of TV, with games being moved all the time if you can't make it to a game then you haven't paid for it so that's even more money saved.

All a season ticket gives you is a guaranteed seat. There's not going to be much demand for seats next season so if you can't get your usual then you'll likely get one close by. You can move around if you want with a walk up as well.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2014, 03:21 PM
£405 for the East.

Also just noticed how utterly utterly p...sh our website and marketing is compared to the teams mentioned above.

Ok, sorry my mistake, mine was £380 for the East. Surely there's no way they can charge £405 for the East now, that would be beyond a joke

DaveF
26-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Ok, sorry my mistake, mine was £380 for the East. Surely there's no way they can charge £405 for the East now, that would be beyond a joke

They have to. If I'd bought one last week it would have been 405 so they can't reduce it now.

They have some serious explaining to do though as those prices whcih we have all paid are far too high for where we are now playing our trade.

Pete
26-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Even a token drop would be unacceptable. Considering our fanbase will be about 10x greater than half of that league.

Will be interesting to see the approach that Hearts take on this.

We have larger overheads than most in the league and we want to be as competitive as possible which does mean more money.

We have to strike a balance though as it isn't the same thing we are paying for. (I've avoided using the word product).

It will be interesting to see what the cheats do. There's a feel good factor around there just now and they could tap into/ tak advantage of that.

Hibs Class
26-05-2014, 03:27 PM
If you have or go on to get a season then you get 100 off next years?

How would a deal like that be received?

Depend on which league we are in?

Billy Whizz
26-05-2014, 03:28 PM
They have to. If I'd bought one last week it would have been 405 so they can't reduce it now.

They have some serious explaining to do though as those prices whcih we have all paid are far too high for where we are now playing our trade.

So how are they going to solve it? Can't see them giving us cash back?
Maybe get £100 off a ticket for the season after, or something like that

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 03:32 PM
We have larger overheads than most in the league and we want to be as competitive as possible which does mean more money.

We have to strike a balance though as it isn't the same thing we are paying for. (I've avoided using the word product).

It will be interesting to see what the cheats do. There's a feel good factor around there just now and they could tap into/ tak advantage of that.

It's ok. I'm sure the board will do the graceful thing by taking a cut in wages to help reduce the overheads.

Then again...

bobbyhibs1983
26-05-2014, 03:32 PM

I think the people who renewed early were always gonna renew so weather the season ticket price was x,y,z they are gonna renew.

As people say "prices are only what people are willing to pay"
and alot of people still want to support the club( and a massive well done to you:thumbsup:)and the so called best way is to buy seson tickets.

I think people who are gonna renew are gonna renew, people who wont renew wont regardless of price imo

Stevie Reid
26-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Renewed ages ago. If the SPL level wage bill is maintained then I'll accept the SPL price.

3pm
26-05-2014, 03:39 PM
They can keep my £380. I just don't want Terry spending it.

Paisley Hibby
26-05-2014, 03:47 PM
I renewed quite early.

This. But a big problem is going to be selling any more at the same price. Maybe the club could give a free cup top up to season ticket holders who didn't buy one and a refund of the top up to those who did? Wouldn't cost a huge amount and would at least compensate for us having paid SPFL prices to watch us play teams like Alloa, Cowdenbeath and The Yams.

SteveHFC
26-05-2014, 03:47 PM
They better put the prices down for season ticket's :agree:

lucky
26-05-2014, 04:03 PM

Two teams in the same league playing both playing for the same title. Tells me that it's the same product. Hibs overheads are irrelevant it's the cost to the fan that counts when purchasing a ST

Lucius Apuleius
26-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Cannot get over excited that nothing has been said yet. If they had said anything before yesterday they would have been, rightly so, accused of defeatism. Been too busy today sacking or releasing people. An announcement will be made, of that I am sure, sooner rather than later. Personally I paid my £380 and that is what I expect to pay for the season. Which league we play in was not a consideration when it was bought. If I get a rebate or something, great, if not, c'est la vie.

Pete
26-05-2014, 04:13 PM
It's about the principle as far as I'm concerned. It's all very well saying sorry via statements but this would be a "real", tangible apology.

We would probably shift more with a slight drop than if we kept prices the same, resulting in more funds.

The Harp
26-05-2014, 04:25 PM
I'd be more than happy to put any refund coming my way to a compensation package to get rid of Butcher & co - but it's not going to happen.

One Day
26-05-2014, 07:31 PM
They better put the prices down for season ticket's :agree:

I renewed 3 weeks ago and asked what would happen if Hibs were relegated. the girl in the ticket office said "that's not even been discussed". Don't know if tht means nothing will change or not.

Future17
26-05-2014, 07:56 PM

So you know a few people who are willing to financially blacklist themselves from obtaining credit, mortgage deals, credit cards etc because of Rod Petrie?

Gus Fring
26-05-2014, 08:24 PM
So you know a few people who are willing to financially blacklist themselves from obtaining credit, mortgage deals, credit cards etc because of Rod Petrie?

Its probably going to hurt the deal with the club as well. If people are cancelling that means the finance company isn't getting paid. This will mean they may not want to do business with Hibs next season which means fans won't be able to take up the payment plan.

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2014, 08:27 PM

Pretty sure folk will be able to get out of the scheme and retain their credit status.

IanFaeClerrie
26-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Renewed ages ago. If the SPL level wage bill is maintained then I'll accept the SPL price.

so did we - we knew the risks

Shields Hibee
27-05-2014, 12:03 AM
I renewed before the March deadline & will continue paying the DD but the club do need to consider prices for championship football and refund those who've paid already if prices are reduced. Other options could be free or reduced entry to games in Ramsdens Cup as we've got to play in that next season.

Hermit Crab
27-05-2014, 12:08 AM
I renewed before the March deadline & will continue paying the DD but the club do need to consider prices for championship football and refund those who've paid already if prices are reduced. Other options could be free or reduced entry to games in Ramsdens Cup as we've got to play in that next season.

For those who bought season tickets without the top up should be given a free upgrade to top up. Those who bought the top up should be refunded the additional top up fee.

Leithenhibby
27-05-2014, 12:13 AM
so did we - we knew the risks

It's not the point though.

Way over priced when The rangers, and others are paying way less..... It's not the same product and should be priced accordingly imo :wink:

joebakerforever
27-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Not everyone who renewed early, did so out of a sense of blind loyalty to keep Petrie & Co. in their continued employment.

Some of us based our investment on value for money and convenience, though the latter was devalued by the constant rescheduling of fixture dates and kick-off times.

If it does transpire that pay at the gate customers end up paying less per match for 2014/15 than STs, then in the words of The Who, here's one that "Won't Get Fooled Again".

TamHibs
27-05-2014, 11:48 AM
It's not the point though.

Way over priced when The rangers, and others are paying way less..... It's not the same product and should be priced accordingly imo :wink:

Rangers season tickets are £385 for an adult. The £250 ticket is a value ticket that there are only so many of.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Scottish football is overpriced. Our Season Tickets are WELL OVER PRICED.

flash
27-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Pretty sure folk will be able to get out of the scheme and retain their credit status.

Pretty sure they won't.

Leithenhibby
27-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Rangers season tickets are £385 for an adult. The £250 ticket is a value ticket that there are only so many of.

And our choice is? Take it or leave it. Unfortunately many will choose the latter.

RP knew that we had a real chance of going down, He chose to crack on with the price structure and screw the fans over, again :rolleyes:

Big deal, ST holders got into the play-off for free. wow, so did BT and SKY :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
27-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Going to be interesting to see what our pink neigbours charge.

If ours are way higher - missing out on future supporters.

erin go bragh
27-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Free cup top ups for all season tickets ,including Ramsdens cup . Refunds to all who bought cup top ups . Ive renewed .i also think the Championship will be more exiting than the spfl . We have a chance of winning the league at the expence of Hearts and The Rangers . Also the last time we went down heralded a new dawn at the club . So this might just be a blessing in disguise and the start of the massive rebuild required at our famous club .

Ggtth

Steve20
27-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Free cup top ups for all season tickets ,including Ramsdens cup . Refunds to all who bought cup top ups . Ive renewed .i also think the Championship will be more exiting than the spfl . We have a chance of winning the league at the expence of Hearts and The Rangers . Also the last time we went down heralded a new dawn at the club . So this might just be a blessing in disguise and the start of the massive rebuild required at our famous club .

Ggtth

Unless Rangers go into admin again, we have no chance of winning the league. Even if they did, we lost 4 times to a Hearts team in administration this season and they'll improve.

We are down for two years minimum. Probably more.

Pete
27-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Unless Rangers go into admin again, we have no chance of winning the league. Even if they did, we lost 4 times to a Hearts team in administration this season and they'll improve.

Can I go to the bookies and become rich off the back of this?

Or is all this negative drivel you continually present as fact nothing more than your own depressing opinion?

NOLA
27-05-2014, 02:13 PM
you pay to go see a team representing Hibs not the opposition, bit late now for the club to be changing season ticket prices id guess?

Iceman1875
27-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Here's a thought; reduce adult season tickets to £150 and kids to £50, fill the ground every week for a year and retain the majority of supporters and their £ for the journey back to the top flight in realistically two years?

At Easter Road we play...

jakeshibs
27-05-2014, 03:12 PM
am still gutted to even think about my season ticket but I do feel cheated!

I know the club needs our money but I work hard for mine and I have not seen that effort on the park, if I went to a restaurant and ordered lobster and received a prawn I would not just accept it, I would want that lobster...

its so emotional and hardwork being a Hibs supporter

JimBHibees
27-05-2014, 03:21 PM
The problem isnt that the prices are too high and those that bought them assumed it was for the top league the problem is that no-one will now buy season tickets at that price given which league we are now in. I wouldnt have thought that we would have sold that many given how poor we have been for months.

Hibby70
27-05-2014, 03:48 PM

I know the club needs our money but I work hard for mine and I have not seen that effort on the park, if I went to a restaurant and ordered lobster and received a prawn I would not just accept it, I would want that lobster...

Bloody prawns.

Keith_M
27-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Here's a thought; reduce adult season tickets to £150 and kids to £50, fill the ground every week for a year and retain the majority of supporters and their £ for the journey back to the top flight in realistically two years?

At Easter Road we play...

Great idea. Then sign part-timers, being all we could afford, and end up in League One.

Paisley Hibby
27-05-2014, 04:44 PM

But that was with Fenlon's players managed by Butcher. I'm hopeful that we are going to be a very different side next season.

Alfred E Newman
27-05-2014, 04:49 PM
The sad thing is, the Championship looks like it will provide more interest and excitement than the Premier as it stands now so I suppose we might get better value for our ticket. Still raging after Sunday though.

Jamesie
27-05-2014, 04:58 PM
It's probably too long ago to find the answer online, but can anyone remember the % discount (assuming there was one) offered on season tickets when we went down in 1998? I presume we didn't start selling tickets that year until we were relegated?

whiskyhibby
27-05-2014, 05:01 PM

Good point. ...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

hibseleven
27-05-2014, 05:04 PM
I renewed right away getting it for £380. If keeping that amount helps us attract the players that get us right back up then fine. If not I'd put any refund toward the kicks for kids tickets.

frazeHFC
27-05-2014, 05:05 PM
My dad was saying he is trying to get a refund. Dunno if that was just post match rage or he still is. I hope he does for me though. My main priorities will be away games, will go to home games if I have spare cash.

ER is boring me to be brutally honest, away games are class just for the trip though. Not as if we have any long trips next season now though.

wazoo1875
27-05-2014, 05:13 PM
It's probably too long ago to find the answer online, but can anyone remember the % discount (assuming there was one) offered on season tickets when we went down in 1998? I presume we didn't start selling tickets that year until we were relegated?

If I remember correctly, there was no discount, I think they kept the price the same and the following year after promotion it was frozen again.

MM19
27-05-2014, 05:24 PM
If I remember correctly, there was no discount, I think they kept the price the same and the following year after promotion it was frozen again.

Yeah they didn't bring the prices down the last time. Can't remember if they were frozen the next year though - getting auld.

erin go bragh
27-05-2014, 08:18 PM

Aye thats the attitude . Even if the rangers go into admin ? What a lot of crap . Yes we lost 4 times to Hearts but that was with the worst Hibs team ive ever had the misfortune to watch . Next season we will have a better squad than the crap of this season .
I was talking to a season ticket holder of the rangers yesterday and he is bricking himself because we went down . Its just a pity some of our own fans are so negative and defeatist before a player has been signed .

Ggtth

Saorsa
27-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Aye thats the attitude . Even if the rangers go into admin ? What a lot of crap . Yes we lost 4 times to Hearts but that was with the worst Hibs team ive ever had the misfortune to watch . Next season we will have a better squad than the crap of this season .
I was talking to a season ticket holder of the rangers yesterday and he is bricking himself because we went down . Its just a pity some of our own fans are so negative and defeatist before a player has been signed .

GgtthI wouldnae bank on that.

DH1875
28-05-2014, 07:38 AM

Ggtth

I watched the game in a bar in salou. I was sat with 1 other hibee, 2 rangers fans, a celtic fan, couple of yams and some how a hamilton fan. I have never met any of these people before but EVERYONE of them things we've been screwed and will take years to get back to a decent level. Non of them could believe what they where watching as we were ripped apart time after time and that Butcher was still in a job. Now here's the really sad thing. As soon as the first goal went in me and the other hibee new we were beat and going down. Non of the others could understand our comments but as the game went on they soon came around. The really sad thing is that the other hibee got up at half time and said duck this and left. Non of the others could understand his attitude but I could. The even sadder thing is this. I left that pub at full time. The kids waned to go swimming before the pool shut and I thought to myself why not, I'm not having that shower spoil my holiday. You need to understand, I never leave early and even stayed to the end of that cup final but no more. We are screwed as a club and are going nowhere fast. If the club think I'm paying £28 and £22 to watch that crap then I won't be back and if that doesn't make me a fan anymore in some folks eyes then so be it. I don't really care anymore.

Onion
28-05-2014, 08:08 AM
My dad was saying he is trying to get a refund. Dunno if that was just post match rage or he still is. I hope he does for me though. My main priorities will be away games, will go to home games if I have spare cash.

ER is boring me to be brutally honest, away games are class just for the trip though. Not as if we have any long trips next season now though.

IMO no one should be asking for a refund. Hibs should have, as a matter of principle, written to all ST holders offering them a full refund. Whether or not fans decide to take that offer up is another matter, but it's better than assuming folk who forked out big money for a shot at the Premiership and European place will just substitute that for 3rd place in the Championship and the Ramsden Cup.

green&left
28-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Ggtth

I know. I mean getting ******ed by 2 first division teams already last season, not to mention not being able to score in a brothel and 1 win in god-knows how many games, and to top it off the same @rseh0l3es still in charge as the previous disastrous season - i find it astounding how people can be negative.

Hibs going down will probably be the best thing for The Rangers as with the extra competition they'll need to get their board room and supporter issues sorted.

Sudds_1
28-05-2014, 09:26 AM

My brothers wife married him expecting a Bratwurst and got a chipolata.............but they're still very much together 30 years on........

That what it means to be a Hibee ................
:cb:greengrin