PDA

View Full Version : Another protest?

nickwhibs
26-05-2014, 11:22 AM
What are folk's thoughts on another protest outside Easter Road? I woke up to the news that both Petrie and Butcher will be staying at the club for the foreseeable future, which I find unbelievable. I get the impression that Petrie thinks yesterday's protest was merely a heat-of-the-moment thing in the aftermath of the match. However, if we were to organise another protest for some time this week, I feel it would send a clearer message and put more pressure on these two (and the 'coaching' team) to do the right thing. I've never been so angry with the way things are at Hibs right now, we need a completely new slate - new board, new management team, new players.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Tbh I think there are 2 problems.

Firstly it would be a protest im front of an empty stadium. Hibs are very good at adopting a siege mentality when this kind of thing crops up. No one would come out and face the fans and people would lose interest quickly.

Secondly numbers. Even in the heat of the moment yesterday there was less than 1000 at the protest. I went along for a bit and I was glad I did but it seems most either don't feel there is anything to be gained by protesting or don't wish to be involved.

I think trying to enagage the club in dialogue is the way forward. I'm not sure there is much likely to happen this week though. Dempster hasn't started and Rod will still be in siege mode.

nickwhibs
26-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Tbh I think there are 2 problems.

Firstly it would be a protest im front of an empty stadium. Hibs are very good at adopting a siege mentality when this kind of thing crops up. No one would come out and face the fans and people would lose interest quickly.

Secondly numbers. Even in the heat of the moment yesterday there was less than 1000 at the protest. I went along for a bit and I was glad I did but it seems most either don't feel there is anything to be gained by protesting or don't wish to be involved.

I think trying to enagage the club in dialogue is the way forward. I'm not sure there is much likely to happen this week though. Dempster hasn't started and Rod will still be in siege mode.

Unfortunately I think you're right mate, but it would highlight the strength of feeling within the Hibs support. Dialogue with the club hasn't worked though - Petrie seems to be a very stubborn man as does Butcher. At least Fenlon had the integrity to leave - after a protest. We need to keep the pressure on them somehow.