PDA

View Full Version : SIR TOM FARMER it's time to go

Scottie
26-05-2014, 08:36 AM
How come STF is getting such an easy ride on here ?
Yes he is the man that saved us 24 years ago but years of under investment, bad appointments in key areas at board level and the general malaise are all down to a none interested none footballing owner.

Thanks for saving us quarter of a century ago but you have slowly killed our club in the subsequent years since.

Please I beg you to find a buyer and sell your interest's in our beloved football club to someone who wants to see Hibernian develop and prosper. The main reason we all have an affinity with this great club is it is handed down through generations of the Hibernian family it is in our BLOOD but unfortunately you and your chosen board members are sucking the very blood out of the supporters.

Please do the right thing and sell your interests in Hibernian to someone that can take the club forward in the way this wonderful club deserves. GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2014, 08:43 AM
This will probably be closed, not in anyone's interest to say these things. :rolleyes:

easty
26-05-2014, 08:45 AM
This will probably be closed, not in anyone's interest to say these things. :rolleyes:

Christ, what a ****ing bairn you are.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Farmer, Petrie and Butcher = bye bye :bye:

ionahibby
26-05-2014, 08:48 AM

Stop hijacking threads with comments like that and maybe the admins won't close these things. There's having an opinion and there's moaning your backside off and whinging at every opportunity! We are all hurting!

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Farmer, Petrie and Butcher = bye bye :bye:Along with Malpas & the crap goalie coach and the cowardly captain, and Nelson and McGivern and.......

Golden Bear
26-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Yes he is the man that saved us 24 years ago but years of under investment, bad appointments in key areas at board level and the general malaise are all down to a none interested none footballing owner.

Thanks for saving us quarter of a century ago but you have slowly killed our club in the subsequent years since.

Please I beg you to find a buyer and sell your interest's in our beloved football club to someone who wants to see Hibernian develop and prosper. The main reason we all have an affinity with this great club is it is handed down through generations of the Hibernian family it is in our BLOOD but unfortunately you and your chosen board members are sucking the very blood out of the supporters.

Please do the right thing and sell your interests in Hibernian to someone that can take the club forward in the way this wonderful club deserves. GGTTH

Aye and I'm sure there will be a mass of eager millionaires ready to step into Sir Tom's shoes.

I would think that Sir Tom will be aware of the present problems and will be quietly working away in the background to develop a strategy for the future.

Mikey09
26-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Stop hijacking threads with comments like that and maybe the admins won't close these things. There's having an opinion and there's moaning your backside off and whinging at every opportunity! We are all hurting!

Well said.... Boring "Told you so Brigade." Grow the **** up....

7Hero
26-05-2014, 09:36 AM
I would think that Sir Tom will be aware of the present problems and will be quietly working away in the background to develop a strategy for the future.

I wouldn't bet on it..

147lothian
26-05-2014, 10:03 AM
An owner who is not interested it football, but still wants to be the owner of the club, and an arrogant chairman who wants to suck up to him and do nothing more than balance the books is a recipe for malaise, this is what has been killing the club for years, its time for Farmer and Petrie to go! First step has to be Farmer saying how much he wants for the club and for Petrie to admit that he has lost the backing of the fans and will go with him.

emerald green
26-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Surely, it wouldn't be too much to ask for the owner of the club to make some sort of statement, at the very least, following the relegation of the club.

Being relegated is an unmitigated disaster for HFC, but IMHO it was more the manner in which we were relegated which just made things even worse. A complete capitulation is how I would describe it.

Devilstorment
26-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Just saying sell up is no good to man nor beast. There has to be an interested party, Im guess that STF probably would sell if a serious and sustainable party emerged. But who wants to own a club as toxic as Hibs? Scottish football has no money in it, nor prestige attached to it. The only option is fan ownership, but as Motherwell are about to show us, thats not the "ideal" its made out to be.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Anyone on Irvine Welsh, Dougray Scott or Andy Murray's Twitter accounts?

:wink:

lucky
26-05-2014, 11:20 AM
No one wants to buy Hibs so how does STF sell up. FFS lots of Hibbies don't want to spend money on STs so why would anyone want to spend millions buying a championship club?

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 11:25 AM

Like he should have been doing long before now? :confused:

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 11:25 AM
No one wants to buy Hibs so how does STF sell up. FFS lots of Hibbies don't want to spend money on STs so why would anyone want to spend millions buying a championship club?Aye, because when they have it's made a ****in' difference right? Thousands of people pissed off seeing the money squandered by these *****. But lets blame the fans or no wanting tae waste any mair of their money and no the ***** that have ****in' wasted it.

Golden Bear
26-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Like he should have been doing long before now? :confused:

Maybe he has been and is currently doing so?

:confused:

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Everybody likes to have a pop at Petrie.

FARMER IS THE REASON THAT PETRIE IS HERE!!

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Maybe he has been and is currently doing so?

:confused:

Hows that been working out for him?

Golden Bear
26-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Hows that been working out for him?

I've absolutely no idea. I'm not party to such information but I can't image STF is any happier with the current predicament that the Club finds itself in than you or I.

Keith_M
26-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Aye and I'm sure there will be a mass of eager millionaires ready to step into Sir Tom's shoes.

That may well be the case, GB, but the time for working in the background has gone.

The only consistent entity in a football club is the fans. The fans need, and deserve, to know what his plans are. We don't even know for sure if he HAS any plans. That can't be right.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 11:32 AM
I've absolutely no idea.

I do. We're RELEGATED.

I'm not party to such information but I can't image STF is any happier with the current predicament that the Club finds itself in than you or I.

He cared so much that he chose the cinema over the game yesterday.

Saorsa
26-05-2014, 11:34 AM
I've absolutely no idea. I'm not party to such information but I can't image STF is any happier with the current predicament that the Club finds itself in than you or I.If he's bothered about why the **** is Petrie still here? And why the **** has he been there so long? This hasnae just happened overnight, it's been coming for years and Petrie has caused it with Farmers backing.

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 11:35 AM
If he's bothered about why the **** is Petrie still here? And why the **** has he been there so long? This hasnae just happened overnight, it's been coming for years and Petrie has caused it with Farmers backing.

The day Farmer said he would have another 99 Petries at the club should have been the day he put the sale sign up.

He's the owner. It's 100% his fault that we're in this mess. I don't know how people still can't see this.

Keith_M
26-05-2014, 11:39 AM
I've absolutely no idea. I'm not party to such information but I can't image STF is any happier with the current predicament that the Club finds itself in than you or I.

So, the only thing we've established is that

a) You have no idea if STF has any plans to sell the club

b) You have no idea if STF is hurting at the current state of the club

That ties in with my previous point; it's about time we actually DID know

The time for the owner of the club to sit back and say absolutely nothing has long since passed.

Golden Bear
26-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Criticism is easy but coming up with a workable and sustainable alternative is not.

Euro Millions anyone?

Hibercelona
26-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Criticism is easy but coming up with a workable and sustainable alternative is not.

Euro Millions anyone?

The workable/sustainable alternative is Farmer coming out and first and formost apologizing to the fans for this mess.

Secondly, he should come out and say "This is what my plans are and this is why you shouldn't give up on the club".

Thirdly he should be saying "I was wrong to put as much faith in Rod Petrie as I have done and he will be stepping down permanently with no future involvement".

The fact that he hasn't came out at any point and told us what the plans are, would suggest that he doesn't have any plans available to share with us.

The fact that he hasn't come out and told us that he wants Petrie to step down completely is alarming!

Keith_M
26-05-2014, 11:47 AM

Euro Millions anyone?

Silence and hiding away in the background is easy.

Letting the one pemanent part of the club, the fans, know how you feel and what your plans are is the right thing to do.

147lothian
26-05-2014, 04:09 PM
What happens after Farmer? Farmer's reign has not been good for the football club, being able to get loans hasn't out him out of pocket, while its still been the club that have ultimately paid for the training facilities and ground its time for Farmer to name his price and take your puppet Petrie with you

Last Minute
26-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Get Farmer out, not interested in this club.As long as we have Farmer we will have Petrie. Get them both out of our club

Onion
26-05-2014, 04:17 PM
At least 3 or 4 years too late. We need a leader from within the Hibs Family to start driving for change at the club. The Yams have done this and are at least 1 or 2 years ahead of Hibs.

GreenLake
26-05-2014, 04:19 PM
I do. We're RELEGATED.

He was watching the camera get panned rather than his team.

#2 Double Tap
26-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Time to show some leadership. Time to demonstrate his skills.

147lothian
26-05-2014, 04:32 PM
If he's bothered about why the **** is Petrie still here? And why the **** has he been there so long? This hasnae just happened overnight, it's been coming for years and Petrie has caused it with Farmers backing.

I agree, ross county, st johnstone and m'well, are all small clubs run well, farmer is reduced us to being a laughing stock, its time for Farmer and Petrie to go, give us our club back, we need an owner and chairman who know how to run a football club and are in tune with the fans, to run the club properly. It doesn't feel like im part of the club under Farmer and Petrie

Scottie
28-05-2014, 10:53 AM
I do. We're RELEGATED.

Unbelievable
It's like Simon Cowell no turning up for the X-Factor final.
Suppose no surprising would like to know how many games STF has been to since he bought the club 20 odd years ago ?

zosohibee
28-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Farmer does not care about football, for some mad reason he bought us when he had no sound reason to and saved our club. You cannot expect a man who doesn't even like football to spend all his money on buying us players, it would take Saudi style money to ever make anything happen from Hibs, we will never be Scotland's third force because why would you spend millions to make it a three horse race with Rangers and Celtic, big clubs with the largest followings in Scotland, a neat division of the support in Ireland and enough European pedigree/brand recognition (particularly celtic) to be the kings of Scottish football forever. Of course we don't really expect to become the third force and on the strength of our history we frankly just don't deserve to be (i am a Hibby, please don't ban me like you did when i said Hibs would be **** very soon 4 years ago when Yogi had us high up at Xmas, looks like i was right though eh?). What we really want is to be where we do deserve, comfortable mid table upwards and poor decisions at board level have made us a wonderful club in terms of training facility/stadium (a good thing but one that Rod has pointed to every time he appoints another **** manager) but i don't need to mention that we are absolutely ****ed as a football club. I would rather stay under farmer and not go into financial meltdown than bring in some yahoo who pumps millions into the club and ****s them up, cough. Having said that it seems as though they are coming out of that pretty well, out of debt and with a team fired up and ready to take on Rangers for a serious shot at 1st or 2nd. We are facing 2-3 years in the championship. Anyway... Not Farmer out, Petrie out. Right now. I think we should organise and do what we can to oust him, Leann Dempster is taking over and i think she will do well (can't be any worse than him) but yet again he has dodged the firing squad and remained in place. Farmer in, keep Rich Uncle Skeleton while we can (he's older than you think). Petrie out right now.

greenpaper55
28-05-2014, 11:25 AM
farmer does not care about football, for some mad reason he bought us when he had no sound reason to and saved our club. You cannot expect a man who doesn't even like football to spend all his money on buying us players, it would take saudi style money to ever make anything happen from hibs, we will never be scotland's third force because why would you spend millions to make it a three horse race with rangers and celtic, big clubs with the largest followings in scotland, a neat division of the support in ireland and enough european pedigree/brand recognition (particularly celtic) to be the kings of scottish football forever. Of course we don't really expect to become the third force and on the strength of our history we frankly just don't deserve to be (i am a hibby, please don't ban me like you did when i said hibs would be **** very soon 4 years ago when yogi had us high up at xmas, looks like i was right though eh?). What we really want is to be where we do deserve, comfortable mid table upwards and poor decisions at board level have made us a wonderful club in terms of training facility/stadium (a good thing but one that rod has pointed to every time he appoints another **** manager) but i don't need to mention that we are absolutely ****ed as a football club. I would rather stay under farmer and not go into financial meltdown than bring in some yahoo who pumps millions into the club and ****s them up, cough. Having said that it seems as though they are coming out of that pretty well, out of debt and with a team fired up and ready to take on rangers for a serious shot at 1st or 2nd. We are facing 2-3 years in the championship. Anyway... Not farmer out, petrie out. Right now. I think we should organise and do what we can to oust him, leann dempster is taking over and i think she will do well (can't be any worse than him) but yet again he has dodged the firing squad and remained in place. Farmer in, keep rich uncle skeleton while we can (he's older than you think). Petrie out right now.

wtf !

The Gorf
28-05-2014, 12:01 PM

Hopefully it will be called Kwik Fix.

zosohibee
28-05-2014, 06:01 PM
wtf !

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/171/8/1/rich_uncle_skeleton_by_noahsturm-d69xp1a.jpg

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Said it before, farmer must publicly and make as much noise as he can that Hibs are for sale. I'm convinced he's happy to hang on to us for whatever reason.

I'm also convinced there would be enough interest that Hibs would be able to sell. We won't know unless we try. Petrie and Farmer have let us down badly and I mean badly.

At the time i was very thankfull to him and part of me will always be glad he stepped in. But I don't like how he's running us and the results/managers/players have showed he's no real ambition. Christ to do well in the SPFL all you need is a half decent player.

He's made me hate him at this moment in time, my angry towards Petrie is deep and hate is a strong word. But I hate and despise him. The smugness he carries the patronizing statements he uses. It's not fair on us fans to be treated that way.

Please, please leave. You have damaged this club for to long now and I can see many fans never attending while they are there. I know many that haven't went since that final.

ancienthibby
28-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Why, why, why, would you want any of the current owners to make a single penny from their failed ownership of Hibs!!

Any available money from an outside investor MUST go towards the team and not the failed owners!!

The Falcon
28-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Why, why, why, would you want any of the current owners to make a single penny from their failed ownership of Hibs!!

Any available money from an outside investor MUST go towards the team and not the failed owners!!

Is that what you tell the potential new owner will happen to him if he doesn't meet our standards?

john rossi
28-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Very well said Farmers tenure has been failure after failure i pray that he will sell up but knowing him as i do and Brian keneday does not a chance it's in his genes family etc.

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Very well said Farmers tenure has been failure after failure i pray that he will sell up but knowing him as i do and Brian keneday does not a chance it's in his genes family etc.

Yeah?

Don't you count the wee Cup?

john rossi
28-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Yeah?

Don't you count the wee Cup?

Call 2 leauge cups in 20 odd years success?

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2014, 07:42 PM

It's more success than the hyperbole of "failure after failure".:wink:

Kaiser1962
28-05-2014, 07:49 PM

Compared to one in the previous 40 years its a positive landslide. :wink:

Saorsa
28-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Compared to one in the previous 40 years its a positive landslide. :wink:what's two relegations in the last 16/17 years compared tae 2 in the other 130 years? is that a landslide as well?

Kaiser1962
28-05-2014, 08:20 PM
what's two relegations in the last 16/17 years compared tae 2 in the other 130 years? is that a landslide as well?

Leagues are much smaller these days than they were which increases the chances of being relegated. Plus we're sheite.

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Think it's safe to say he's failed!! Personally don't know how people can defend him. Football for long enough been rotten, relegated AGAIN! (Smaller league or not that's brutal) and signing honking players who were 3rd and 4th targets.

What I'd do to have a business model like St. Johnstone, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd. These teams have an owner with vision and ambition. Wonder is Sir Tom knows what that is regarding a football team??

Anyway just like others it's only my opinion I just prefer he was long gone now. I think our club is pretty much just a hollow shell with no heart, no drive, no ambition.

Thanks for ruining the one thing I truly love doing.. Watching my team.

147lothian
28-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Farmer and petrie are dinosaurs, the modern game of football, how to deal with fans, scouts, other people in the football business are alien concepts to them, they have also passed their shelve life at the club, its high time farmer spoke about what happens to the club post farmer!

Kaiser1962
28-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Think it's safe to say he's failed!! Personally don't know how people can defend him. Football for long enough been rotten, relegated AGAIN! (Smaller league or not that's brutal) and signing honking players who were 3rd and 4th targets.

What I'd do to have a business model like St. Johnstone, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd. These teams have an owner with vision and ambition. Wonder is Sir Tom knows what that is regarding a football team??

Anyway just like others it's only my opinion I just prefer he was long gone now. I think our club is pretty much just a hollow shell with no heart, no drive, no ambition.

Aberdeen are hardly something top aspire to, unless you have plenty of money to spend/waste. Dundee United have actually improved since they stopped spending Thomson's money and St Johnstone will next season equal their longest spell in the top flight in over 40 years. I was pleased they won the SC they are a good club.

Albion Hibs
28-05-2014, 08:55 PM

you said it. People need to be careful what they wish for. Put bluntly there is no queue of want to be owners forming at the gates of Easter road.

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Aberdeen are hardly something top aspire to, unless you have plenty of money to spend/waste. Dundee United have actually improved since they stopped spending Thomson's money and St Johnstone will next season equal their longest spell in the top flight in over 40 years. I was pleased they won the SC they are a good club.

I actually wanted them to win it as well. Without sounding patronizing for such a small club they have done great.

I don't believe though you have to throw away silly money to do well. Just bring in the right youth coaches, proper scouts and a manager who can get the best out of these lads.

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2014, 09:01 PM
some of the comments re: STF on here the last few day's have been totally uncalled for imo

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-05-2014, 09:05 PM
I actually wanted them to win it as well. Without sounding patronizing for such a small club they have done great.

I don't believe though you have to throw away silly money to do well. Just bring in the right youth coaches, proper scouts and a manager who can get the best out of these lads.

They also have a vocal owner who knows and enjoys football.

"That was classic intercourse!"

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 09:05 PM
some of the comments re: STF on here the last few day's have been totally uncalled for imo

If it's anything other than wanting him to leave which is justifiable then there's no need.

Personally I don't like him for leaving us this way but I wish him no illness or anything. Just want him away.

Kaiser1962
28-05-2014, 09:06 PM

I don't disagree with any of that.

Kaiser1962
28-05-2014, 09:08 PM
They also have a vocal owner who knows and enjoys football.

"That was classic intercourse!"

Are you on about Geoff or Steve?

GreenPJ
28-05-2014, 09:09 PM

Aberdeen? Ask the majority of Aberdeen fans their views on Stewart Milne and his vision.

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Aberdeen? Ask the majority of Aberdeen fans their views on Stewart Milne and his vision.

They not keen on him? I honestly have no idea! Just think he's seen how weak the league was and went for it. Got a cup and 3rd place.

Kaiser1962
28-05-2014, 09:16 PM
They not keen on him? I honestly have no idea! Just think he's seen how weak the league was and went for it. Got a cup and 3rd place.

Between the last cup and this one they have lost around £30m.

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2014, 09:21 PM
If it's anything other than wanting him to leave which is justifiable then there's no need.

Personally I don't like him for leaving us this way but I wish him no illness or anything. Just want him away.

it's the disparaging comments from a few on here the last few weeks that have really been pretty distasteful and disrespectful (again imo) Tom Farmer commands respect, a fantastic businessman that's given thousands upon thousands of £££'s to charity over the years, he was honest enough right from the start that he wasn't in the slightest bit interested in running a football club, he bought it for the community, i'm utterley astonished at some of the bile directed at him from some on here, and surprised at comments from some older yins as well, old enough to know what he done for this club and old enough to know what he's achieved in his personal/business life, i'm not implying we should build a shrine to the man but a little respect from some that should know better wouldn't go amiss, it's just unfortunate that he appears to have been quite stubborn/loyal to possibly THEE man we should be wanting out the door

bighairyfaeleith
28-05-2014, 09:29 PM
it's the disparaging comments from a few on here the last few weeks that have really been pretty distasteful and disrespectful (again imo) Tom Farmer commands respect, a fantastic businessman that's given thousands upon thousands of £££'s to charity over the years, he was honest enough right from the start that he wasn't in the slightest bit interested in running a football club, he bought it for the community, i'm utterley astonished at some of the bile directed at him from some on here, and surprised at comments from some older yins as well, old enough to know what he done for this club and old enough to know what he's achieved in his personal/business life, i'm not implying we should build a shrine to the man but a little respect from some that should know better wouldn't go amiss, it's just unfortunate that he appears to have been quite stubborn/loyal to possibly THEE man we should be wanting out the door

I agree what he has done is above personal abuse, if someone has the ability to buy him out them show themselves

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Between the last cup and this one they have lost around £30m.

What's their debt? That's a huge amount to blow!!

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 09:35 PM

I do think both should leave and I think him saying if he had more Petrie's or something along those lines tipped a few.

But by no means does he deserve personal abuse! I just think he's neglected this club for to long, nothing more nothing less. Also if he really didn't want it he should shout from the rooftops Hibs up for sale.

Kaiser1962
28-05-2014, 09:56 PM
What's their debt? That's a huge amount to blow!!

Think it was around £10.1m at the last shout.

They have revalued their assets up the way a number of times and Stewart Milne has overseen a few share conversions, the last one was for about £6m.

BroxburnHibee
28-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Folks - the admin team are having to spend a fair bit of time deleting posts relating to Tom Farmer's health which are completely unfounded and totally unsubstantiated.

Feel free to discuss his ownership of the club by all means but its getting tiresome deleting posts - some of the less patient admins may just delete the whole thread to save time :greengrin

Please folks eh? Lay off the personal stuff.

147lothian
28-05-2014, 10:14 PM
An owner who is not interested in football, and an arrogant accountant as chairman are a recipe for malaise. This is no way to run a football club, change is needed,

1st step Petrie out!

2nd Farmer out!

bighairyfaeleith
28-05-2014, 10:18 PM
An owner who is not interested in football, and an arrogant accountant as chairman are a recipe for malaise. This is no way to run a football club, change is needed,

1st step Petrie out!

2nd Farmer out!

Thing is I want farmer to stay

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Think it was around £10.1m at the last shout.

They have revalued their assets up the way a number of times and Stewart Milne has overseen a few share conversions, the last one was for about £6m.

Suppose that's not to big but not to great considering. Maybe remove then from my list :D

Thecat23
28-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Thing is I want farmer to stay

Really? Least your honest!

Can I ask why? Don't you think a change is needed? They say one of the things people are frightened the most of is change. It isn't always good but I do think no is the time he sold us.

He's not stupid and wouldn't sell to some nutter thankfully.

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Farmer does not care about football, for some mad reason he bought us when he had no sound reason to and saved our club. You cannot expect a man who doesn't even like football to spend all his money on buying us players, it would take Saudi style money to ever make anything happen from Hibs, we will never be Scotland's third force because why would you spend millions to make it a three horse race with Rangers and Celtic, big clubs with the largest followings in Scotland, a neat division of the support in Ireland and enough European pedigree/brand recognition (particularly celtic) to be the kings of Scottish football forever. Of course we don't really expect to become the third force and on the strength of our history we frankly just don't deserve to be (i am a Hibby, please don't ban me like you did when i said Hibs would be **** very soon 4 years ago when Yogi had us high up at Xmas, looks like i was right though eh?). What we really want is to be where we do deserve, comfortable mid table upwards and poor decisions at board level have made us a wonderful club in terms of training facility/stadium (a good thing but one that Rod has pointed to every time he appoints another **** manager) but i don't need to mention that we are absolutely ****ed as a football club. I would rather stay under farmer and not go into financial meltdown than bring in some yahoo who pumps millions into the club and ****s them up, cough. Having said that it seems as though they are coming out of that pretty well, out of debt and with a team fired up and ready to take on Rangers for a serious shot at 1st or 2nd. We are facing 2-3 years in the championship. Anyway... Not Farmer out, Petrie out. Right now. I think we should organise and do what we can to oust him, Leann Dempster is taking over and i think she will do well (can't be any worse than him) but yet again he has dodged the firing squad and remained in place. Farmer in, keep Rich Uncle Skeleton while we can (he's older than you think). Petrie out right now.

Perhaps not ..........but you wouldn't expect him to own something he doesn't want for 23 years either. The fact that you are correct saying he will not spend, even in this desperate situation is the very reason a growing number of us want him to publicly state that the club is for sale.

Saudi money? ...... if you spent £10,000,000 on Hibs team we would be a shoe in for 3rd .... the Saudis you are thinking of blow that in Monte Carlo in a night.

Scottie
28-05-2014, 11:29 PM
you said it. People need to be careful what they wish for. Put bluntly there is no queue of want to be owners forming at the gates of Easter road.
There would be a queue I'm sure if STF came out publicly and stated he wished to sell Hibs.
The deafening silence from the owner is startling. He's not a footballing man and the reason we are in the mess we are in is solely down to him. He's the one that has stood by RP tenure and done **** all about it. RP has had a free reign to destroy our club and he's done a fantastic job doing it. Well done STF.

Criswell
29-05-2014, 12:03 AM
The mindset of Farmer is one of survival/existance for the club. At best this leads stagnation, but usually leads, as we have experienced to decline and failure. FFS what we need in this club is some f/ing ambition!!!!! Some airy-fairy naive notion of a "community club" is quite frankly a recipe for disaster in the professional game and is a vision that is in no way shared by the long suffering supporters. We want our club back!

Jones28
29-05-2014, 12:28 AM
Thanks for saving us STF, but that was 23 years ago.

Do the decent thing and set up Hibs as a community club, or openly try to sell it.

It's always been that if the right person comes along etc etc but you've never actually put a big ******* sign up saying we are for sale!

The Green Goblin
29-05-2014, 12:45 AM
I think that it's Tom Farmer's presence which has helped protect the club in perilous financial times over the last few years. There's more to what he has done for Hibs than "saving" the club 24 years ago. People keep saying that as if it's the only thing he has ever done for Hibs (as if saving us from being erased from existence were some small matter!). Pretty sure he has done a lot more than that since then, even from a watchful distance, but he doesn't shout about it, which gives us some measure of the man. I am one of those that feel that whilst we should make criticisms where/if they are due, that we can at least do that respectfully where STF is concerned, and keep the big picture in terms of what he has done for Hibs in mind. To answer one previous poster, I have personally seen STF at ER many times over the years. That said, I also think however, that his faith in RP has been misplaced and that RP should leave the club completely. Finally, a move towards a new owner who will actually take a more active daily interest, if such a person or group exist or can be found, would be a good next step for the club. All imho.

BVB Hibs
29-05-2014, 01:39 AM
I find it hilarious how people openly blame the owner for the lack of success at the club. On one hand people are saying how we are one of the biggest teams in Scotland, capable of spending money on players that few else in this country can, whilst on the other we're accusing the owner of underinvestment. We're one of how many clubs in Scotland that's managed to pay a fee over the past few years? Problem being that with that money we've paid fees for players like Nelson and Collins, when the same money could have been invested far better.

I've no problem with Farmer not being interested with the footballing side of hibs. We've had the money during his ownership of the club, more money than almost anybody else. The issue is that we've used it to assemble a poor side of players. The same cash we have could have, and probably should have seen us with a side comfortably in the top 3 in the premiership. It didn't. It's horrible mismanagement, but not in any way something that STF is culpable for. He doesn't pick the team, he doesn't hire the management team, so on the park performance isn't something I'm going to blame the owner for. Let's be fair for a second, he's kept us financially secure and even managed to invest in a new ground and training facilities when all else around us seems to be on their knees financially. He has to be commended for that, he's done far more than just save our club 20 something years ago.

If an owner wants to come in with genuine ambition to make Hibs a footballing powerhouse, whilst not putting us in financial danger as a club, I'd welcome it as much as the next guy. But until such a point, I'm happy with Sir Tom Farmer, and will aim my grievances at Rod Petrie and Butcher, the two men who have been tasked with the actual running of this club and have done a terrible job of it.

eggbamyasi
29-05-2014, 02:02 AM

Well said and totally right . I was at hands of hibs etc and remember the time well .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Emerald
29-05-2014, 02:55 AM
I find it hilarious how people openly blame the owner for the lack of success at the club. On one hand people are saying how we are one of the biggest teams in Scotland, capable of spending money on players that few else in this country can, whilst on the other we're accusing the owner of underinvestment. We're one of how many clubs in Scotland that's managed to pay a fee over the past few years? Problem being that with that money we've paid fees for players like Nelson and Collins, when the same money could have been invested far better.

I've no problem with Farmer not being interested with the footballing side of hibs. We've had the money during his ownership of the club, more money than almost anybody else. The issue is that we've used it to assemble a poor side of players. The same cash we have could have, and probably should have seen us with a side comfortably in the top 3 in the premiership. It didn't. It's horrible mismanagement, but not in any way something that STF is culpable for. He doesn't pick the team, he doesn't hire the management team, so on the park performance isn't something I'm going to blame the owner for. Let's be fair for a second, he's kept us financially secure and even managed to invest in a new ground and training facilities when all else around us seems to be on their knees financially. He has to be commended for that, he's done far more than just save our club 20 something years ago.

If an owner wants to come in with genuine ambition to make Hibs a footballing powerhouse, whilst not putting us in financial danger as a club, I'd welcome it as much as the next guy. But until such a point, I'm happy with Sir Tom Farmer, and will aim my grievances at Rod Petrie and Butcher, the two men who have been tasked with the actual running of this club and have done a terrible job of it.

All very well but STF is the top man and he seems happy with Petrie, that must make him accountable for this mire we've been in for years? How can this not be clear to some folk. Yes he is a Hibs legend for all he's done but we need some direction, passion and ambition if we are going to move on from these lows.

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 03:16 AM

Can I ask why? Don't you think a change is needed? They say one of the things people are frightened the most of is change. It isn't always good but I do think no is the time he sold us.

And this is precisely why Bighairyfaeleith and others don't want Farmer to leave.
what don't people get here?
There is no one sensible out there who wants to buy a football club in Scotland unless you want the like ok Kennedy or the Italian bloke that destroyed Livingston.
the only option is fan ownership, the same model that we have been laughing at Hearts over. Oh and I can't see Sir Tom selling to the fans, lock stock and barrel, for £2.5M.
its not about being scared of change it's about being scared of losing our club. I don't know what age you were at that time but personally, I would never want to see us going through that again.

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 03:24 AM
There would be a queue I'm sure if STF came out publicly and stated he wished to sell Hibs.
The deafening silence from the owner is startling. He's not a footballing man and the reason we are in the mess we are in is solely down to him. He's the one that has stood by RP tenure and done **** all about it. RP has had a free reign to destroy our club and he's done a fantastic job doing it. Well done STF.
Absolute nonsense. Get your head out the clouds. There is, never has been and never will be a queue to buy Hibs.
Your post is utter drivel I'm afraid.

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 03:35 AM
The mindset of Farmer is one of survival/existance for the club. At best this leads stagnation, but usually leads, as we have experienced to decline and failure. FFS what we need in this club is some f/ing ambition!!!!! Some airy-fairy naive notion of a "community club" is quite frankly a recipe for disaster in the professional game and is a vision that is in no way shared by the long suffering supporters. We want our club back!
Farmer has made the money available. He has allowed for the ambition.
unfortunately it has been squandered by a succession of inept Managers on players who were not good enough to wear the jersey.
Not since McLeish was here, has the money been used on any real quality. Manager after manager has had to clear the previous sh**e out only to bring his own in.
I accept that he has allowed Petrie to oversee this but can you not see that the recruitment of Dempster is probably down to Sir Tom?

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 05:49 AM
And this is precisely why Bighairyfaeleith and others don't want Farmer to leave.
what don't people get here?
There is no one sensible out there who wants to buy a football club in Scotland unless you want the like ok Kennedy or the Italian bloke that destroyed Livingston.
the only option is fan ownership, the same model that we have been laughing at Hearts over. Oh and I can't see Sir Tom selling to the fans, lock stock and barrel, for £2.5M.
its not about being scared of change it's about being scared of losing our club. I don't know what age you were at that time but personally, I would never want to see us going through that again.

Sorry couldn't disagree with you more. So there is no one at all in this world who would buy the club and have the clubs best interests at heart?

What a load of rubbish!! Not every man is a crook you know. Look at all the other clubs well run up and down the country. Your being extremely narrow minded to think this way. So what your saying only sir tom can run this club?

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 05:53 AM
Absolute nonsense. Get your head out the clouds. There is, never has been and never will be a queue to buy Hibs.

Your posts against anyone suggesting this seem a tad aggressive without having facts. I also happen to think there may be a few interested people. Maybe even a consortium of Edinburgh based businessmen.

You can't possibly just dismiss this, and it seems you are the one who speaks utter drivel.

Waxy
29-05-2014, 05:58 AM
Maybe alot of Yams want Farmer out to knock our foundations. Tom Farmer is not the problem here.

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 06:00 AM
Maybe alot of Yams want Farmer out to knock our foundations. Tom Farmer is not the problem here.

Strangest post yet!! I'm hibs through and through and I want him to leave so the club can prosper under a new leadership and with new ideas.

Edit.. Do you want Rod to stay as well?

flash
29-05-2014, 06:09 AM
Strangest post yet!! I'm hibs through and through and I want him to leave so the club can prosper under a new leadership and with new ideas.

If it wasn't for Tom Farmer we wouldn't have a club to moan about. Your posts on this thread are getting increasingly hysterical.

bighairyfaeleith
29-05-2014, 06:14 AM

I want him to stay because I don't see a better alternative. If I am shown one I will reconsider but so far no one is stepping up so I am happy to stick with Stf.

jeffers
29-05-2014, 06:15 AM

STF won't be around forever, what happens then, do we just shut up shop ? The way some people go on here you would think noone other than a Romanov type figure could take over. I will be forever grateful for what he did but under him, primarily down to his blind faith in RP, we are slowly dying.

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 06:16 AM
If it wasn't for Tom Farmer we wouldn't have a club to moan about. Your posts on this thread are getting increasingly hysterical.

I think you are missing my point. I'm very grateful of what's he's done. But I think it's time he sold us that's all. The way the club has gone would suggest a man who really cared wouldn't let it go that way.

Don't see nothing wrong with that??

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 06:17 AM
I want him to stay because I don't see a better alternative. If I am shown one I will reconsider but so far no one is stepping up so I am happy to stick with Stf.

That's fair enough bud, no problem with that. Do you think if STF put us up for sale it would maybe show who'd be interested then you could have a better idea if you want him to stay or not?

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 06:19 AM
STF won't be around forever, what happens then, do we just shut up shop ? The way some people go on here you would think noone other than a Romanov type figure could take over. I will be forever grateful for what he did but under him, primarily down to his blind faith in RP, we are slowly dying.

Well said.

Wish folk would stop thinking people are attacking STF when all I would like is real change. But apparently no one in the galaxy can do it!!! Oh well never mind.

Weir7
29-05-2014, 06:21 AM

Not true other people bought shares to stop mercer. And there were other buyers wanting the club.

bighairyfaeleith
29-05-2014, 06:34 AM
That's fair enough bud, no problem with that. Do you think if STF put us up for sale it would maybe show who'd be interested then you could have a better idea if you want him to stay or not?

It's well known the club is for sale though, no one has to my knowledge stepped up.

I would like to know tom's plan if he doesn't sell but to be honest I don't see it as the real issue here, I want dempster in, Petrie to step back and the new team given a chance.

Saorsa
29-05-2014, 06:35 AM
STF won't be around forever, what happens then, do we just shut up shop ? The way some people go on here you would think noone other than a Romanov type figure could take over. I will be forever grateful for what he did but under him, primarily down to his blind faith in RP, we are slowly dying.Correct, it's all well and good what he did 24 years ago and I'm sure most people are grateful for that but it disnae negate the fact that petrie has been left in place by him for such a period of absolute failure that this club now finds itself where it does. Yes he helped save the club but this I'm afraid is as much down tae Farmer as saving the club was whether some people on here like it or not. He may no be the one who made the mess but he is the one responsible for petrie who has made the mess being here.

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 06:37 AM
It's well known the club is for sale though, no one has to my knowledge stepped up.

I would like to know tom's plan if he doesn't sell but to be honest I don't see it as the real issue here, I want dempster in, Petrie to step back and the new team given a chance.

That's the thing, it's not well known. If you want to sell your house you put it on the market not just tell a few mates. I hope Leeann is the one to clear up things but Petrie lied before remember about stepping back so he must go entirely for her to get on with the job in hand.

If Farmer won't sell like you I'd like to hear his vision for this club. Sadly the silence is deafening from our owner.

Kaiser1962
29-05-2014, 06:54 AM
Not true other people bought shares to stop mercer. And there were other buyers wanting the club.

Any idea who these people were?

That's the thing, it's not well known. If you want to sell your house you put it on the market not just tell a few mates. I hope Leeann is the one to clear up things but Petrie lied before remember about stepping back so he must go entirely for her to get on with the job in hand.

If Farmer won't sell like you I'd like to hear his vision for this club. Sadly the silence is deafening from our owner.

Its not really stopped Dave King and The Rangers board have made it perfectly clear they don't want to sell.

easty
29-05-2014, 06:59 AM

Well you can't just stick us in the ESPC. There won't be a For Sale sign outside Easter Road. If you're a businessman at all interested in buying a football club then I'd imagine you, or your advisors, will be well aware we are available for sale.

Out of curiosity, and this isn't directly to you TC, this is to everyone looking for STF to sell, what type of businessman do you think is out there looking to buy a business like Hibs? I'm not in any circles that sees me mingling with business folks to be honest, but my default position would be that if there's no money to be made then why bother? Unless of course you have an emotional connection to the business, you want the publicity and/or you are a mental case.

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Well you can't just stick us in the ESPC. There won't be a For Sale sign outside Easter Road. If you're a businessman at all interested in buying a football club then I'd imagine you, or your advisors, will be well aware we are available for sale.

Out of curiosity, and this isn't directly to you TC, this is to everyone looking for STF to sell, what type of businessman do you think is out there looking to buy a business like Hibs? I'm not in any circles that sees me mingling with business folks to be honest, but my default position would be that if there's no money to be made then why bother? Unless of course you have an emotional connection to the business, you want the publicity and/or you are a mental case.

It's a good question.. But until he openly states he wants to sell, not "I'll listen to offers" I'm not sure who is out there. You will have the odd nutter that's a cert but Farmer wouldn't sell to a clown. Just feel we'd have a better idea if he made it as public as possible.

Waxy
29-05-2014, 07:30 AM

And who exactly do you think will be the new owner? Alot of vulchers out there.

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 07:35 AM
And who exactly do you think will be the new owner? Alot of vulchers out there.

He's a clever man and wouldn't sell to anyone or someone with no interest in helping the club move forward. That's the only good thing we can take from all this.

Kaiser1962
29-05-2014, 07:38 AM
It's a good question.. But until he openly states he wants to sell, not "I'll listen to offers" I'm not sure who is out there. You will have the odd nutter that's a cert but Farmer wouldn't sell to a clown. Just feel we'd have a better idea if he made it as public as possible.

If someone says they are interested in buying then he will listen to what they have to say. He has already demonstrated this when he met with Brian Kennedy and my opinion is that he made the right decision by not selling then.

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 07:42 AM
If someone says they are interested in buying then he will listen to what they have to say. He has already demonstrated this when he met with Brian Kennedy and my opinion is that he made the right decision by not selling then.

100% agree he made the right decision not selling to him.

LancsHibs
29-05-2014, 07:47 AM

Hibs are up for sale, have been for years. STF has said as much on more than one occasion. If I know that then anybody with any credible interest will.
We don't know what approaches or negotiations may have been done or possibly are ongoing, it's not the STF way to make it public, but two things are for sure: 1, he is open to offers 2, he won't sell to any Walter Mitty, Romanov types or idiots

Waxy
29-05-2014, 07:48 AM
He's a clever man and wouldn't sell to anyone or someone with no interest in helping the club move forward. That's the only good thing we can take from all this.
We have far more pressing issues that need to be sorted quickly.This can wait imo.

southfieldhibby
29-05-2014, 07:49 AM

He's the crux of the problem, endorsing Petrie and his limitations.

Myth.There were others prepared to do what was required to safe the club back then, but thats old news, we should be looking forward to a club after Farmer has left, which I believe will be very soon.

Kaiser1962
29-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Hibs are up for sale, have been for years. STF has said as much on more than one occasion. If I know that then anybody with any credible interest will.
We don't know what approaches or negotiations may have been done or possibly are ongoing, it's not the STF way to make it public, but two things are for sure: 1, he is open to offers 2,he won't sell to any Walter Mitty, Romanov types or idiots

:top marks

Kaiser1962
29-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Myth.There were others prepared to do what was required to safe the club back then, but thats old news, we should be looking forward to a club after Farmer has left, which I believe will be very soon.

Farmer will be going but I am not so sure another will be stepping into his shoes, as such.

Does anybody have any idea who these buyers in 1990, that has now been mentioned twice on this page, were?

johnrebus
29-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Correct, it's all well and good what he did 24 years ago and I'm sure most people are grateful for that but it disnae negate the fact that petrie has been left in place by him for such a period of absolute failure that this club now finds itself where it does. Yes he helped save the club but this I'm afraid is as much down tae Farmer as saving the club was whether some people on here like it or not. He may no be the one who made the mess but he is the one responsible for petrie who has made the mess being here.

This.

:top marks

nribs
29-05-2014, 07:56 AM
What is Bob the shoe man doing these days?

Scottie
29-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Bestie I'm glad your happy with the way Hibernian is being run. Personally I think it's been run appallingly. Take Hearts for instance did you think last year at this time Ann Budge would come along and invest heavily to save them? Believe me there are investors out there that will show an interest in the club.
Time to wake up and smell the coffee mate because if we leave things the way they are the only way we are going is down down down.

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Your posts against anyone suggesting this seem a tad aggressive without having facts. I also happen to think there may be a few interested people. Maybe even a consortium of Edinburgh based businessmen.

You can't possibly just dismiss this, and it seems you are the one who speaks utter drivel.
I'm not aggressive. I'm realistic. You think there are interested people? Who are they? Where are they? Where are your facts?

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 11:32 AM
I'm not aggressive. I'm realistic. You think there are interested people? Who are they? Where are they? Where are your facts?

Yes I do think people will be interested. We'll soon see if Farmer does want to sell. I don't get why you just dismiss this. For all we know things could be going on now behind the scenes.

Why is it to unbelievable?

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Bestie I'm glad your happy with the way Hibernian is being run. Personally I think it's been run appallingly. Take Hearts for instance did you think last year at this time Ann Budge would come along and invest heavily to save them? Believe me there are investors out there that will show an interest in the club.
Time to wake up and smell the coffee mate because if we leave things the way they are the only way we are going is down down down.
Invest heavily? She got the whole kit and caboodle for under £2.5m and wants it all back when she hands it over to Foundation of Hearts.
This is the same business model that a lot of the financial experts on here say is destined to fail.
If that's the coffee you want to smell in the morning you can keep it.
I would be more interested to listen to this p**h if someone could put some names forward regarding the people who would want to invest. Either that or they are just a figment of your imagination.
Don't assume that I am happy with the way things are run at the club, where did I say that? I just don't see the alternative, at present, being in the best interest of the club.

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Yes I do think people will be interested. We'll soon see if Farmer does want to sell. I don't get why you just dismiss this. For all we know things could be going on now behind the scenes.

Why is it to unbelievable?
Because you're making it up.
where are these people?
who are they?

Scottie
29-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Are you selling your house ?
How would I know you were selling your house ?
You'd tell someone your selling your house !
Then people would KNOW your selling your house ! Like an estate agent.
Is Hibernian for sale is the question ? We are all under the assumption that it is to the right buyer through hearsay !
WE WONT KNOW Hibs are for sale until he comes out with a statement of intent either way. Here lies the problem. He needs to come out with his intentions then serious investors will be there. (just like me buying your house) :greengrin

easty
29-05-2014, 11:45 AM

I don't think the Hearts situation is a good example of there being people out there interested. It doesnt back you up that there are investors out there, not at all. Hearts were quite clearly "For Sale" for ages, but nobody was interested. Ann Budge has come in to 'save them' as such, and is only in there until they (FoH) can give her the money back she's put in. Considering they went for about £2.5m, you'd think there would have been more interest from business people wouldn't you?

Peevemor
29-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Is Hibernian for sale is the question ? We are all under the assumption that it is to the right buyer through hearsay !
WE WONT KNOW Hibs are for sale until he comes out with a statement of intent either way. Here lies the problem. He needs to come out with his intentions then serious investors will be there. (just like me buying your house) :greengrin

I disagree. People looking to invest in a football club will target and approach a specific club whether or not it's advertised for sale. Buying a house is a different thing entirely.

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Because you're making it up.
where are these people?
who are they?

Haha what I'm I making up? I'm just suggesting things may already be getting done behind the scenes.

How do you know for a fact the aren't? Also I think until Farmer makes it more public we may not see much activity.

Open your mind just a little Beastie.

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 11:56 AM
You really think that's how things work at that level of business?
Anyone who has the money and will to buy Hibernian Football Club knows what they need to do to start the ball rolling on this.
Sir Tom HAS made it clear that he would sell to the right people. Who are these serious investors? I would love to know.
To compare this to selling a house is laughable really. If you have the money that I'm looking for to buy my house you can have it. Oh and you can do whatever the ****** you want with it after I move out, I couldn't give a flying one.

Scottie
29-05-2014, 11:57 AM
I don't think the Hearts situation is a good example of there being people out there interested. It doesnt back you up that there are investors out there, not at all. Hearts were quite clearly "For Sale" for ages, but nobody was interested. Ann Budge has come in to 'save them' as such, and is only in there until they (FoH) can give her the money back she's put in. Considering they went for about £2.5m, you'd think there would have been more interest from business people wouldn't you?
Maybe no a good example but trying to say there is investors out there even for the Hearts in their predicament .

I disagree. People looking to invest in a football club will target and approach a specific club whether or not it's advertised for sale. Buying a house is a different thing entirely.
Disagree nobody will target Hibs if they are NOT for sale
If they are clearly and totally for sale then people will have a look. It's no rocket science.

Paloschi
29-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Haha what I'm I making up? I'm just suggesting things may already be getting done behind the scenes.

How do you know for a fact the aren't? Also I think until Farmer makes it more public we may not see much activity.

I'm hearing from a very reliable source, connected with the club who I cannot name that this is already happening. Farmer is putting Hibs up for sale. Was in the pipeline regardless of the relegation but this has moved it forward. This is what Petrie is alluding to with the 'winds of change.' quote.

I have no reason to believe this would be made up and do not post rumours etc on this forum to stir trouble. This source has been 100% in the past.

I hope it is someone with a bit of cash and ambition behind them that is also football minded.

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 12:00 PM

You are actually contradicting yourself.
So there are things going on but there's nothing going on?
open my mind a little?
Whats it like in Neverland?

Scottie
29-05-2014, 12:00 PM
You really think that's how things work at that level of business?
Anyone who has the money and will to buy Hibernian Football Club knows what they need to do to start the ball rolling on this.
Sir Tom HAS made it clear that he would sell to the right people. Who are these serious investors? I would love to know.
To compare this to selling a house is laughable really. If you have the money that I'm looking for to buy my house you can have it. Oh and you can do whatever the ****** you want with it after I move out, I couldn't give a flying one.
Bestie please tell me where STF has MADE IT CLEAR the club are for sale ?
I await with interest your reply but guess I'll be waiting a long time. Maybe you heard it here on .net or in your sleep.

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I'm hearing from a very reliable source, connected with the club who I cannot name that this is already happening. Farmer is putting Hibs up for sale. Was in the pipeline regardless of the relegation but this has moved it forward. This is what Petrie is alluding to with the 'winds of change.' quote.

I have no reason to believe this would be made up and do not post rumours etc on this forum to stir trouble. This source has been 100% in the past.

I hope it is someone with a bit of cash and ambition behind them that is also football minded.

I'd be delighted if this was true mate. The sooner the club is sold the sooner we can have a proper vision for Hibernian Football Club. For to long it's been stale and eventually lead us to another relegation.

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 12:03 PM

And if this is true and it is right for the future of Hibernian Football Club, I would embrace it.
Until then I'm happy to stick with Sir Tom.

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 12:05 PM
You are actually contradicting yourself.
So there are things going on but there's nothing going on?
open my mind a little?
Whats it like in Neverland?

No I'm saying you just dismissed what I first said so I pointed out that for all we know things could be happening. If not then I'd like him to go public.

Turns out another poster has come on and said there is something that is happening. Now I like the rest can only wait and see what happens.

To be honest if I looked out my window and told you the grass is green you would find something to argue with. I've noticed that about you. No real constructive posts just digs at anyone who thinks different.

Loads of posters on here back Farmer and have given there reasons and also had discussions about it. You just shoot folk down.

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Bestie please tell me where STF has MADE IT CLEAR the club are for sale ?
I await with interest your reply.
What is your interpretation of that? He has not put an advert in the corner shop window if that's what you mean.
it is widely known that Sir Tom has stated that he would be willing to sell to the right people. As has already been posted here, how do you think that Kennedy made a bid?

Scottie
29-05-2014, 12:13 PM
What is your interpretation of that? He has not put an advert in the corner shop window if that's what you mean.
it is widely known that Sir Tom has stated that he would be willing to sell to the right people. As has already been posted here, how do you think that Kennedy made a bid?
Widely know ?
Fantastic sweeping statement that means **** all.
Like "the cat has said if the grass is green you'd beg to differ"
No point in posting on this with you as you don't seem to gather the point we all want.
If the club is for sale please Sir Tom come out and tell us ALL and not just for people in the know like Bestie.

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 12:19 PM
No I'm saying you just dismissed what I first said so I pointed out that for all we know things could be happening. If not then I'd like him to go public.

Turns out another poster has come on and said there is something that is happening. Now I like the rest can only wait and see what happens.

To be honest if I looked out my window and told you the grass is green you would find something to argue with. I've noticed that about you. No real constructive posts just digs at anyone who thinks different.

Loads of posters on here back Farmer and have given there reasons and also had discussions about it. You just shoot folk down.
No no. I didn't dismiss anything. You were speculating.
i asked you to give some facts regarding the possible investors you seemed to think were out there and you chose to ignore those questions.
I'm not going to sit here and answer every post. If I agree with it what would I need to say about it?
If I don't agree, I will put my point over or question what someone has said.
I think that you are tying yourself in knots with your posts here.
How can something be going on with regards to the sale of the club when Farmer hasn't told anyone it's for sale. I'm baffled. Oh or maybe he did? Just a thought.

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Widely know ?
Fantastic sweeping statement that means **** all.
Like "the cat has said if the grass is green you'd beg to differ"
No point in posting on this with you as you don't seem to gather the point we all want.
If the club is for sale please Sir Tom come out and tell us ALL and not just for people in the know like Bestie.
Stupid post :bye:

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 12:22 PM
No no. I didn't dismiss anything. You were speculating.
i asked you to give some facts regarding the possible investors you seemed to think were out there and you chose to ignore those questions.
I'm not going to sit here and answer every post. If I agree with it what would I need to say about it?
If I don't agree, I will put my point over or question what someone has said.
I think that you are tying yourself in knots with your posts here.
How can something be going on with regards to the sale of the club when Farmer hasn't told anyone it's for sale. I'm baffled. Oh or maybe he did? Just a thought.

I explained this in my other posts. Reading the things you posted calling other posters views "drivel" for me is a bit rich.

Anyway you want him to stay I don't I hope the club are sold and sold very soon.

RIP Bestie
29-05-2014, 12:24 PM
I explained this in my other posts. Reading the things you posted calling other posters views "drivel" for me is a bit rich.

Anyway you want him to stay I don't I hope the club are sold and sold very soon.
Good for you

Scottie
29-05-2014, 12:27 PM
QUOTE=RIP Bestie;4038184]Stupid

:clown: See ya. :troll:

Thecat23
29-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Good for you

Haha ok Beastie!

easty
29-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Haha ok Beastie!