PDA

View Full Version : FAO Jason Cummings and Kevin Thomson

Captain Trips
25-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Do not hang on missing the penalties this is not why we were relegated. It may have come down to penalties but this isn't even close to why we are all hurting tonight and for a while yet.

Heads up guys the problems are not missing 2 shots from 12 yds that's for sure.

Jason your 18 you stood up and went for it. We shouldn't have been in a position to require that.

ehf
25-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Do not hang on missing the penalties this is not why we were relegated. It may have come down to penalties but this isn't even close to why we are all hurting tonight and for a while yet.

Jason your 18 you stood up and went for it. We shouldn't have been in a position to require that.

Understand the sentiment, but we've had a lot of big talk from Thommo lately and he let us down today.

Weir7
25-05-2014, 10:34 PM

Great post.

Staying up would have once again papered over the cracks. Farmer, petrie and butcher please go.

B

Captain Trips
25-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Understand the sentiment, but we've had a lot of big talk from Thommo lately and he let us down today.

We have been let down all season by everyone but this wasn't defining for me. There is a lot of hate on this board tonight of which I am part of I am seething but I felt this thread needed started as more so for the boy.

hibIBZ
Exactly missing 2 pens in a shoot out did not cause us to go down. I would start with the shocking performances over the last 4 months

Jack Ferrigan
Great post.

Staying up would have once again papered over the cracks. Farmer, petrie and butcher please go.

B
Farmer? Why would you want the saviour of our club to go? Makes no sense.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Fair play to them for stepping up 1st and last. As said by the OP that wasn't why we were relegated.

Why did Craig, as regular penalty taker and captain, not take the 1st penalty?

Another baffling decision.

Saorsa
25-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Farmer? Why would you want the saviour of our club to go? Makes no sense.He's killing it by leaving Petrie there tae destroy it, that's why.

Unseen work
Very few first choice penalty takers take the first. Look at Ronaldo etc. Can't moan at Craig got when he took his pen. A lot of things to moan about but not that IMO

Heisenberg
Fair play to them for stepping up 1st and last. As said by the OP that wasn't why we were relegated.

He's a *****bag. Plain and simple for me. Total joke of a captain.

Weir7
25-05-2014, 10:43 PM

He's the top boy hes seen the club fail again and again. He thinks rods doing a good job

Dav1986
25-05-2014, 10:44 PM

This.

I have been involved in a few penalty shoot outs and you always send your number 1 penalty taker up 1st. Get the first one in and take the pressure off your teammates and heap it on the opposition. Craig is the captain too which makes it worse he never went up first! Yes he scored but he should have still went first and put us 1 up!! If we lost from there he would have done his part as captain IMO! Coward!

iwasthere1972
25-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Exactly missing 2 pens in a shoot out did not cause us to go down. I would start with the shocking performances over the last 4 months

I know what you mean but the reason we did go down was because we didn't win the penalty kick winner takes all competition. By the way I'm not blaming Thommo or Jason because there's no guarantee that we would have won on penalties even if they had both scored.

Smartie
25-05-2014, 10:52 PM
IMO the penalties were almost immaterial.

Well done to those who scored their penalties. Fair play to those who stepped up and took them. Some went in, some didn't. Also, if you don't fancy it then you've got to be honest and say you don't fancy it rather than brazenly strolling up when you don't feel confident.

We've been relegated because we've been consistently honking for a long period and it is the culmination of a sustained downward spiral of underachievement at all levels within the club for a very long time.

We don't solve it by getting better at penalties but by addressing the situation that led to a club like ours needing penalties to avoid relegation in the first place.

Saorsa
25-05-2014, 10:53 PM
This.

I have been involved in a few penalty shoot outs and you always send your number 1 penalty taker up 1st. Get the first one in and take the pressure off your teammates and heap it on the opposition. Craig is the captain too which makes it worse he never went up first! Yes he scored but he should have still went first and put us 1 up!! If we lost from there he would have done his part as captain IMO! Coward!:top marks

Scottie
25-05-2014, 10:58 PM
This.

I have been involved in a few penalty shoot outs and you always send your number 1 penalty taker up 1st. Get the first one in and take the pressure off your teammates and heap it on the opposition. Craig is the captain too which makes it worse he never went up first! Yes he scored but he should have still went first and put us 1 up!! If we lost from there he would have done his part as captain IMO! Coward!
Shocking post
LC scored his pen that's all he could do and you slate him for taking it in the wrong order.
Id imagine the decision on the order would be down to the management team not LC. Just for the record that's the only thing he done today.

Dav1986
25-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Shocking post
LC scored his pen that's all he could do and you slate him for taking it in the wrong order.
Id imagine the decision on the order would be down to the management team not LC. Just for the record that's the only thing he done today.

Yes he scored but as I said he should have been first up! Instead we had a player who has scored about 5/maybe 6 goals in his career stepping up first in a high pressure penalty shoot out? Doesn't make sense to me.

The fact that LC went 3rd for me shows that a. The management team don't have a clue and b. he is a coward who didn't want the responsibility. Some captain he is... He should be telling the manager he wants to go first!

I am not slating anyone for stepping up as it is a hard thing to do an the best players miss in a shoot out so fair play to Thomson and Cummings for stepping up but I feel we didn't give ourselves the best possible chance in that shoot out!

The Pointer
25-05-2014, 11:14 PM
He saved our club but we've plummeted ever since and, it seems, brought no further investment, although if there has been, Petrie's kept it elsewhere. I would have thought STF would have used his business contacts to increase investment in the club.

neil7908
25-05-2014, 11:14 PM
We were doomed as soon as Hamilton scored their 2nd goal - I knew there was not a snowballs chance in hell that we would have the mental strength or fitness to triumph in Extra Time or penalties.

Not the best penalties by either player but the shambles the club finds themselves in should not be put on the shoulders of these 2.

leithsansiro
25-05-2014, 11:16 PM

Agree, 100%.

The look on Cummings face after he hit the shot, you could tell how much he felt it, and we all felt it with him. Not a great penalty to be fair, but at least he had the heart to step up and take one. Where was our captain? Where were any of the other "senior" players?

Thecat23
25-05-2014, 11:17 PM

Because he stopped us going under doesn't give him a free pass of any blame.

We have been sitting in a coma for years with farmer feeding just enough to stay alive. He's not interested in a full recovery he's happy as things stand.

Pete
25-05-2014, 11:23 PM
This.

Totally unwarranted. Craig gets grief because he scored but the order was wrong?

There's no correct way or order when it comes to penalty shoot-outs and using this as a stick to beat Liam Craig with is ridiculous.

He most certainly isn't a coward.

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Every single Hibs player should be embarrased by their performance. Every one.

Allant1981
26-05-2014, 06:23 AM
Agree, 100%.

The look on Cummings face after he hit the shot, you could tell how much he felt it, and we all felt it with him. Not a great penalty to be fair, but at least he had the heart to step up and take one. Where was our captain? Where were any of the other "senior" players?

Our captain took one, our most senior player took one even if he did miss, our other senior player took one(mcgivern) it should never have came to pens tho, game should hvae been killed off long before then

southern hibby
26-05-2014, 06:30 AM
Said it I'n the penalties post and will say it again. Did we even practice penalties? Some may think this is a defeatist attitude. I call it being professional. GGTTH

If not then another shambles of unprofessionalism that has haunted us all season. GGTTH

ackeygraham

I'd have to disagree, he played 20 mins of normal time then ET. he's been injured if not I'd say frozen out for whatever reason by TB. His pk wasn't the best but he place some decent forward passes when he came on just a shame all too late in the season.

We can't hide the fact most of the squad are rank and we got relegated because they weren't good enough. Can't wait for the clear out

Weir7

Also managers tactics were worse. Defence sat so deep. Midfielders off theirmen. SStriker isolated. Hoofball tactics. Gave Hamilton space to play. Massive gaps between the lines.

All basic stuff. Butcher out

26-05-2014, 06:38 AM

Because he's a gutless coward of a captain. If I was Butcher i'd be handing the armband to Thompson for next season. I saw Thompson constantly tryna rally and lift the players today - I saw no such thing from our "captain".

Callum_62
26-05-2014, 06:38 AM
I'd have to disagree, he played 20 mins of normal time then ET. he's been injured if not I'd say frozen out for whatever reason by TB. His pk wasn't the best but he place some decent forward passes when he came on just a shame all too late in the season.

He should have been bursting a gut to put in a tackle in 93rd minute, instead of passing the buck...result is its played to Scotland, cut back, and we were effectively relegated right there

26-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Great post.

B

I said the exact same thing leaving ER yesterday. The only positive that can come from this is that hopefully it's a huge wake up call that drastic change is needed from the top down.

Amit
26-05-2014, 06:45 AM
He should have been bursting a gut to put in a tackle in 93rd minute, instead of passing the buck...result is its played to Scotland, cut back, and we were effectively relegated right there

Liam Craig chased down a long ball and allowed it to go out for a Hamilton throw in. He should of got hold and took it to the corner.

From there on it was a comedy of errors which led to their equaliser. Basic stuff.

Nobody thought of committing a foul to break up play. Tudor Jones pulled out of a 50/50.

The quicker the wage thieves are out the better. Relegation is horrible but in the long run it could be what saved this club and allowed us to move forward.

WHUHibs
26-05-2014, 06:53 AM

Get real..it makes plenty of sense,,thank you mr Farmer for what you have done but now it's time to consider options...he's not a failed businessman but he is failing at Hibs, why? Could it to be because of Petrie,,,he's not that stupid,,,something is really wrong at our club and it's starts at the top!

If it was one of his businesses failing I'm sure he would be in t fix it but not Hibs, why?

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2014, 07:21 AM
They're just lucky the boys that scored did - all 3 of them are the boo boy targets. Imagine the outcry if the fans favourites had scored but the others missed? We're having to go nuts and say they were taken in the wrong order!

gem
26-05-2014, 08:06 AM

Exactly my thoughts Craig as captain should have stepped up for once and done what a captain should do lead by example, which I am in no doubt Thompson was trying to do. May not have changed result but Craig did nothing a captain should do in that game.

Islington Hibs
26-05-2014, 08:22 AM

Well said. Jason, along with Stanton are perhaps the two bright spots. Why Butcher has shunned Thomson is a mystery. He remains one of our few decent players.

gegs70
26-05-2014, 09:24 AM
The game was lost on tactics....2 up from the 1st leg...butcher set up hibs to soak up pressure then hit on the break....he put Harris on (prev said he wouldn't play him as zero confidence) then subs the sub! Butcher also failed to address squad.issues in January to keep cash for summer, not that he will get much more now.

Butchers record and management has been shocking blame lies with him....Petrie just always looks for the cheap option just now and that shows in all the teams over the last few season's...took weeks negotiating with Griffiths, like Taylor to then have to.go for a 3rd choice in.Collins....it's all a little embarrassing really!

whiskyhibby
26-05-2014, 09:58 AM

Well said, it's not their fault for a long and difficult season where the team has not performed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paisley Hibby
26-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Maybury, Stevenson and Stanton all put in a good shift imo

emerald green
26-05-2014, 01:16 PM
We were doomed as soon as Hamilton scored their 2nd goal - I knew there was not a snowballs chance in hell that we would have the mental strength or fitness to triumph in Extra Time or penalties.

Not the best penalties by either player but the shambles the club finds themselves in should not be put on the shoulders of these 2.

:agree: Spot on. Quite a few fans actually left the ground as soon as Accies equalised. They couldn't hold out for just another 60 seconds or so could they FFS. It was that bad. Penalty shoot outs are a bit of a lottery too IMO. I've never agreed with them as a way of settling a football match. I have always felt a replay was the best way. Just my opinion though. I know there's reasons for their introduction.

Paisley Hibby
26-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Well said. Jason, along with Stanton are perhaps the two bright spots. Why Butcher has shunned Thomson is a mystery. He remains one of our few decent players.

I for one am glad to see the back of Thomson. Arrogant Billy big baws who is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. He was a waste of a jersey when he came on yesterday and his penalty attempt was a schoolboy mistake. I don't agree with much of what Butcher has done but I think he's got this one right.