PDA

View Full Version : If Rod Petrie doesn't leave Hibs then we will stay in the Championship

Diclonius
25-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Mark my words.

Big changes etc etc will be promised but before you know it we'll be mid-table and rummaging around the bargain basement journeyman scrapheap by the end of August, with our newly installed scapegoat/manager having his 1st, 2nd and 8th choice signings either dismissed with a wee grin or telling us to **** off as Rod haggles over £100 per week.

Meanwhile, Hearts and Rangers will be all set up and ready to go and we'll be battling for 3rd at best. Hey, we might even get top six - sorry - top five!

There's no guarantee someone else can take us back up but Petrie's bean counting is choking this club to death and unless he resigns like the rest of them we are totally ****ed. Mark my words.

Nailrod
25-05-2014, 08:14 PM
We already have a team that has proved itself to be hopelessly outclassed in the SPL, and based on our results against Hamilton and Raith, would have struggled to even make the grade as also-rans in the Championship.

That team will be getting dismantled over the summer, in our fifteenth complete rebuild in 7 years, and will be replaced by more players raked from the same bargain basement, only with even less money. No promising player of any talent or aspirations is going to want to come to Hibs and put their career at the mercy of Butcher. So that means another 11 guys, most of whom will never even have heard of each other until the day they show up for pre-season training (the week before the season starts).

It is beyond me how anyone in their right mind can convince themselves that in such circumstances the sixteenth rebuild is finally going to be 'the one', after all the others have only served to make us worse. Frankly, 3rd next year looks to me like a distant pipedream.

cabbageandribs1875
25-05-2014, 08:40 PM
good luck to any teams that manage to at least be competitive at the top for as long as possible with sevco and the cheats, it will not be us