PDA

View Full Version : ****** Farmer....invest and win the Championship.

Kawacabbage10
25-05-2014, 07:30 PM
.....forever grateful for saving us in the 90's but time to right his years of underinvestment...time to take his hit and ensure we get out of the division next year !

Nameless
25-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Does anyone think that throwing money at the problem is going to fix it? If you do, I think you extremely naive.

Jim44
25-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Does anyone think that throwing money at the problem is going to fix it? If you do, I think you extremely naive.

I think you are the naive one here. If you think our 'revival' can be achieved without substantial investment, your rocket's landed on the wrong planet. Number one priority is to get strong reliable players and we can't rely on 'superscout' Marsella to come up trumps on a shoestring. Hibs are the laughing stock of Scottish football and any decent player coming to ER would be gambling with his career and livelihood. Money talks and without investment we will flounder for the foreseeable future.

Nameless
25-05-2014, 09:02 PM
I think you are the naive one here. If you think our 'revival' can be achieved without substantial investment, your rocket's landed on the wrong planet. Number one priority is to get strong reliable players and we can't rely on 'superscout' Marsella to come up trumps on a shoestring. Hibs are the laughing stock of Scottish football and any decent player coming to ER would be gambling with his career and livelihood. Money talks and without investment we will flounder for the foreseeable future.

The OP suggests heavy investment will get us straight back up : do you agree? I think there is a deeper problem that money alone can't fix. Where did I say anything about our 'revival'? Personally, I don't think we will come straight back up. I DO think we need more investment in the playing side, but I think it should go hand in glove with other important changes.

Kawacabbage10
25-05-2014, 10:43 PM

My argument here is farmer is the guardian of our club, his present policy has not worked, ie it's got us in this ****, time to spend at a time when our to nearest challengers next year, sevco and the yams, arguably have not got the spending power to got themselves out of this mess. He has, it's his mess, time to step up and right the wrong. ,

Steve20
25-05-2014, 11:21 PM
We are in the championship for a minimum of 2 years. Probably about 3-4.

The Pointer
25-05-2014, 11:26 PM
My argument here is farmer is the guardian of our club, his present policy has not worked, ie it's got us in this ****, time to spend at a time when our to nearest challengers next year, sevco and the yams, arguably have not got the spending power to got themselves out of this mess. He has, it's his mess, time to step up and right the wrong. ,

To attract any new players we're going to have to offer substantially over the odds and I don't know where the money is going to come from if STF isn't going to find further external investment. Sorry guys, I'm utterly, utterly scunnered right now and this is the darkest time I can remember in over 35 years of supporting the Hibees.

libernian
25-05-2014, 11:28 PM
if he had any integrity and modesty whatsoever he would quit.

he got lucky during the mowbary era with a good group of young players coming through and - to be fair to him he did get a good price (albiet fair imo) for them. however, for a club like ours to be relegated twice since ive been a fan, and hes been involved is not good enough.

do you think if it was a manager with his track record he would stick by them?? no chance.

hibsfan
25-05-2014, 11:30 PM
I don't think farmer was at the game today ... Saw him coming out of the cinema at fountainpark as I went in at around 8pm... He was dressed very casually. There is a pic on my twitter for those who don't believe me...

Michael
25-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Too risky to do it next season IMO as Rangers will still be heavy favourites. In fact, it's probably a terrible idea to do any season.

smurf
25-05-2014, 11:31 PM
I don't think farmer was at the game today ... Saw him coming out of the cinema at fountainpark as I went in at around 8pm... He was dressed very casually. There is a pic on my twitter for those who don't believe me...

What's your Twitter account?

Greencore
25-05-2014, 11:32 PM
:(

truehibernian
25-05-2014, 11:34 PM
We are in the championship for a minimum of 2 years. Probably about 3-4.

3 minimum if people like Rod stay - minimum. One if we get someone in manager wise that wants to play football to win things.

I don't think Rod realises that both Raith and Hamilton, polar opposites table wise, have beaten Hibs, and as such showed us our place. He is not a football man, nor does he have any football knowledge.

McCoist is a terrible manager but will have cash. Levein, and it will be Levein, is conservative - McGlynn and Holt buckle when pressure is on, Jimmy Nic will get the odd result but he's more placed in 'Jossy's Giants'.

Play youths, get creative experience and a striker(s) who knows where the net is - game on :aok:

easty
25-05-2014, 11:34 PM

Lucky him. I wish I'd gone to the cinema.

Hibernia&Alba
25-05-2014, 11:35 PM
.....forever grateful for saving us in the 90's but time to right his years of underinvestment...time to take his hit and ensure we get out of the division next year !

We won't be getting out of the championship next season, nor the season after, hence it was so vital to avoid relegation. It may take years to recover from this.

easty
25-05-2014, 11:36 PM
the guy is a disgrace.

:rolleyes: have a word wi yourself.

Hibercelona
25-05-2014, 11:38 PM

Do you know if he spoke to Bobby Williamson before the game? :dunno:

libernian
25-05-2014, 11:39 PM
:rolleyes: have a word wi yourself.

ok not the guy, but his performance as chairman has been disgraceful - that not fair?

easty
25-05-2014, 11:40 PM
ok not the guy, but his performance as chairman has been disgraceful - that not fair?

Tom Farmer isn't the chairman.

Steve-O
25-05-2014, 11:41 PM

Worked last time...

libernian
25-05-2014, 11:45 PM
Tom Farmer isn't the chairman.

you know what i mean

RIP Bestie
25-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Not going to happen. There was a budget fir next season and Butcher has just probably halved it.

easty
25-05-2014, 11:49 PM
you know what i mean

I dinnae.

hibsfan
26-05-2014, 12:01 AM

Here ya go

Wembley67
26-05-2014, 12:04 AM

Here ya go

Woooooooooo