PDA

View Full Version : Fav Hibs goal from each season since 98

mattyjacklegend
22-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Wrote a blog for the Terrace Podcast listing my fav goal from each season since the 1st Division campaign http://bit.ly/1m8Jngn

What would you guys have picked? For those that can't be bothered reading I went for:
Barry Lavety V Morton
Sauzze millennium Derby.
Latapy 6 2
Luna equaliser AEK
Townsley 2nd V Well
Dobbie V Gers
Konte V Well
Sproule V Gers ( Brown run)
Fletch first CIS final
Shiels winner V Celtic
Riordan V Hamilton away
Stokes V Gers
Rankin V Gers
Doyle V Dunfi
Griffiths winner V Falkirk
Cummings first V Hamilton

Not necessarily the best but my fav from each, some for personal reasons. If you do read my blog I would appreciate feedback from fellow Hibees! Looking forward to seeing some other lists!

GGTTH

Cabbage East
22-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Whats the point of starting a thread like this unless you're going to link to the goals? :faf:

mattyjacklegend
22-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Whats the point of starting a thread like this unless you're going to link to the goals? :faf:

Links to the goals if you go on the blog mate. So just get off the ground, dry the laughter tears and have a peek. 😉

mattyjacklegend
22-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Will put the link back up if it's not working

mattyjacklegend
22-05-2014, 08:55 PM
http://bit.ly/1m8Jngn

Hope that works! If not they are on terracepodcast.net
Under prem blogs, 'hot goal time machine'

Cabbage East
22-05-2014, 09:03 PM
:aok:

MartinfaePorty
22-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Good stuff. Always nice to read an alternative view in an old fanzine stylee from someone who obviously cares about the Cabbage. If I can be pedantic, Lovell was bought pre-season 1998-99, whilst Mixu joined after the season had started. Also, the score against AEK should read 3-2. On a personal note, I think Gary Smith was much more than an ordinary defender and enjoyed a decent Hibs career after his defensive partners moved on. Good goal choices though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

mattyjacklegend
22-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Good stuff. Always nice to read an alternative view in an old fanzine stylee from someone who obviously cares about the Cabbage. If I can be pedantic, Lovell was bought pre-season 1998-99, whilst Mixu joined after the season had started. Also, the score against AEK should read 3-2. On a personal note, I think Gary Smith was much more than an ordinary defender and enjoyed a decent Hibs career after his defensive partners moved on. Good goal choices though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yeah, noticed the AEK error right after! Thanks for the feedback, have a look round the site, SO much content it's frightening.

BroxburnHibee
22-05-2014, 09:37 PM
I understand why Griffiths goal is there but for me Doyle's goal in the semi final is the more memorable and favourite one.

The celebration that followed that goal was reminiscent of the 'Archiegoal' melee :greengrin