PDA

View Full Version : player points

down-the-slope
21-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Williams - 7 - 2 great stops at crucial times and never flapped all night

Lewis - 6 - effective in that he did the simple stuff - less impact going forward than usual
McGivern - 8 - looked a player again at long last and was composed for the most part
Nelson - 5 - Hoooooooof... does some decent defending but distribution (can you call it that) is laughable
Maybury - 7 - Composed and used experience

Harris - 4 - game passed him by in first half other than 1 run / second he gave the ball away too much and was surprised he was not hooked for Cairney earlier
Robertson - 8 - must have covered more ground than any player and makes such a difference to us driving forward
Stanton - 6 - not one to remember and did not influence game enough
Craig - 7 - more like it form him with some neat play / less effective when moved inside

Heff - 8 - The kind of experience and hold up play we have been missing / use his energy in right areas
Cummings - 8.5 - Thrived from having Heff to play off and the combination made us keep it on the ground more (but not enough) ave been sure he would score and that would break the 'dam' he will be our Billy McKay next season great shift

Fans 9 - quiet for middle of first half but for once the players gave a goal to cheer and from there were magnificent

Management - 8 - brave selection of offensive players and system - hopefully the turning point

3pm
21-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Robertson 8? That his strip number?!

Lewis 6? Wee fellly was great.

flash
21-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Nelson was immense.

Pretty Boy
21-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Williams 8

Maybury 7
Nelson 8
McGivern 7
Stevenson 7

Harris 5
Robertson 7
Stanton 6
Craig 7.5

Heffernan 8
Cummings 9

SouthamptonHibs
21-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Thought Lewis was great tonight. I'm a critic off him but he played well on the left for us tonight defo a 7/8

lugz
21-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Nelson caused both their chances, 1st one with a miskick 2nd one by playing everyone onside. A few good interceptions and good in the air but 8....no chance

Scooter
21-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Tin hat on but I think we r getting carried away Hamilton were the better team in both half's until we scored. Much improved but much to go 8s are over the top

Brightside
21-05-2014, 09:24 PM
I'm not going to score the players.... just happy we won. But its mental if people think we suddenly have 8 rated defenders. They had very little to defend against, and when they did they just won the headers that they should win every week.

Greenheart
21-05-2014, 09:25 PM
We won 10s all round

3pm
21-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Tin hat on but I think we r getting carried away Hamilton were the better team in both half's until we scored. Much improved but much to go 8s are over the top

Agreed.

Northernhibee
21-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Williams - 8. Hope he changes his mind and signs a new deal with us.

Maybury - 6.5 Generally solid
Nelson - 7 - a lapse of concentration aside, was the big solid no nonsense CB we needed tonight
McGivern - 7.5 - good performance
Stevenson - 9 - nearly MOTM for me

Harris - 5 - needs to improve but a pre season will do that. The lad has talent, we know that.
Robertson - 7 - really good effort, covered every blade of synthetic plastic like material
Stanton - 6.5 - good control
Craig - 6

Heffernan - 8 - liked his effort and teamwork tonight
Cummings - 9.5 - dangerous, took both of his efforts very well.

HibeeHutch
21-05-2014, 09:30 PM
McGivern and Nelson played well?? Composed?? These two have masqueraded as professional footballers for too long!

Not many got pass marks for me except Williams, Cummings, Stanton and Heff. The football was dire. What has happened to Harris?

The rest can please leave the building after we scrape through this tie.

Hib17
21-05-2014, 09:37 PM
McGivern and Nelson played well?? Composed?? These two have masqueraded as professional footballers for too long!

Not many got pass marks for me except Williams, Cummings, Stanton and Heff. The football was dire. What has happened to Harris?

The rest can please leave the building after we scrape through this tie.
We have gone to Hamilton who have been scoring for fun, played on an artificial pitch, went there with no confidence and no win away in 2014 - we won 2-0 , clean sheet and Nels won everything - that merits a decent score from me

Hibee-Wylie
21-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Williams 8
Maybury 7
Nelson 5
McGivern 8
Stevenson 7
Harris 5
Robertson 7
Stanton 6 quiet night
Craig 7
Heffernan 8
Cummings 9
Team 7.5
Fans 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Jimmy
21-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Thought Stevenson was great tonight along with Heff. Also can't ignore Cummings!

Zazu62
21-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Great win tonight 2 well taken goals , Nelson still dodgy as **** like

hibsbollah
21-05-2014, 11:31 PM
I was expecting more of a battle from Hamilton, but they were powder puff, stood off and never pressed us. Our weaknesses are still there and until the opener we were playing as bad as we have been all season. But it's all about the result.

Williams 7

Maybury 6 improved after a very shaky start
Nelson 7 well done, surprised me.
McGivern 7 well done, surprised me.
Stevenson 7 Excellent shift.

Harris 3 I'm desperate for him to turn the corner. But he needs dropped and a long summer break.
Robertson 6
Stanton 6
Craig 7 Better than of late, especially second half.

Heffernan 8 Outstanding all night.
Cummings 8 :not worth Got the goals and was a nuisance throughout. MOTM.

SMAXXA
22-05-2014, 12:00 AM
Are folk just giving 4s and 5s for players just turning up? In pure footballing terms I'd give Harris a 1 or a 2 he was absolutely woeful.

for me it was a night where our experienced players stood up and were counted. Craig, Robo, Heff, Nelson, maybury and Stevenson were what we needed. McGivern was as best as I've seen him for a long time and a special mention for Jason, brilliant simply brilliant for your contribution tonight, thought Stanton wasn't great but not too bad, don't think he's been that good the last few games tbh.

regardless I'm delighted with the result, hibs fans 11/10 simply immense.

Thecat23
22-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Are folk just giving 4s and 5s for players just turning up? In pure footballing terms I'd give Harris a 1 or a 2 he was absolutely woeful.

for me it was a night where our experienced players stood up and were counted. Craig, Robo, Heff, Nelson, maybury and Stevenson were what we needed. McGivern was as best as I've seen him for a long time and a special mention for Jason, brilliant simply brilliant for your contribution tonight, thought Stanton wasn't great but not too bad, don't think he's been that good the last few games tbh.

Exactly how I seen it.

The Harp Awakes
22-05-2014, 12:07 AM

Yep. Nothing to add other than Alex needed rested 6 weeks ago. Crazy to play him just now. Adding pressure on a lad who has talent but needs a pre-season to get his confidence back.

truehibernian
22-05-2014, 12:08 AM

You think Liam deserved a mark ?

He was woeful, utterly ineffectual on the left flank and wee Lewis was tearing his wee quiff out because there was no option.

agreed Alex was poor, but to say Craig stood up - sorry I was watching a very very different game - he'd be one of the first I'd get rid off if we survive - he offers zero in a midfield, zero !

dmc1875
22-05-2014, 12:11 AM
Williams 8- Two very important saves

Maybury 7- Good, solid game.
McGivern 7- Struggled with MAC at the start but became much better as the game went on
Nelson 7- Would have been an 8 if not for that slip. Immense in the air and defended very well. Clearly cannot do anything right in some peoples eyes...
Stevenson 7- Heart on his sleeve performance
Harris 2- Um....what was that?
Craig 6- OK but chases shadows too often
Stanton 7- Good work rate and great ball to Heffernan for the second goal
Robertson 7- Worked hard gave everything.
Cummings 8- Took his two goals very well
Heffernan 8- Worked so hard and created good space up top. Did well in the air for such a wee man and did well for the second goal.

Subs- Nothing of note really

Good team performance, A CLEAN SHEET and a two goal cushion. Finish the job Hibs!

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2014, 12:15 AM
Tin hat on but I think we r getting carried away Hamilton were the better team in both half's until we scored. Much improved but much to go 8s are over the topHamilton done absolutely nothing, they barely forced a save from Williams. We scored 2 good goals and looked pretty comfortable while doing it. We didn't play amazingly(would have been 3/4 if we had) but we were the better team IMO.

Bronson
22-05-2014, 12:17 AM
To be honest I saw a huge improvement in McGivern and Nelson's distribution, especially the latter. Not as many aimless hoofs and more passes direct to a team mate, made a huge difference to the team's performance all round.

Thought Harris was terrible tonight, hasn't looked himself all season. Other than that everyone played well, stand-outs were Heff, Cummings and Robertson for me.

No KT was a surprise, would still like him to start on Sunday.

dmc1875
22-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Yep. Nothing to add other than Alex needed rested 6 weeks ago. Crazy to play him just now. Adding pressure on a lad who has talent but needs a pre-season to get his confidence back.

Butcher said after the 3-1 defeat to Partick that Harris would be rested... yet he's started almost every game since? Odd decision really. What is up with Watmore? Not in the 18 today.

KWJ
22-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Williams - 8. Great game from him.

Stevenson - 7. Solid & made attempts forward but for no space or help.
McGivern - 7. Not a fan but he kept a clean sheet and was pretty solid, just crap distribution.
Nelson - 7. As above although daft booking at the end.
Maybury - 7. As above, worst of the lot for distribution but he did have Harris in front.

Craig - 6, just didn't do much as the whole midfield seemed bypassed. Ran about a lot.
Robertson - 7, as above but unlucky with shot of post.
Stanton - 6, As Craig but didn't even seem to run as much.
Harris - 2, When he did do something it was pish.

Cummings - 9. Saved our bacon. Stunning finish for the 2nd.
Heffernan - 8. Impressed me.

We were still pish today, lets not make any mistakes about that. I want Butcher to stay but we need a very different mentality and I can't grasp why he played Harris, let alone left him on.

We need to be careful on Sunday.

FromTheCapital
22-05-2014, 12:57 AM
Williams - 7
Maybury - 6
Nelson - 7
McGivern - 8
Stevenson - 8
Harris - 5
Robertson - 7
Stanton - 6
Craig - 7
Heffernan - 7
Cummings - 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monktonharp
22-05-2014, 01:15 AM
We have gone to Hamilton who have been scoring for fun, played on an artificial pitch, went there with no confidence and no win away in 2014 - we won 2-0 , clean sheet and Nels won everything - that merits a decent score from me:agree:

Gustavo Fring
22-05-2014, 07:59 AM
williams - 7.5 never looked like he was going to be beaten but distribution was a bit erratic

maybury - 7 probably the best game iv seen him play for hibs
nelson - 7 not pretty but did his job
mcgivern - 7 looked much more at home in the centre of defence
stevenson - 7 defended well and got forward when he could

harris - 3 *facepalm
stanton - 4 couple of nice bits of skill but game seemed to pass him by
robertson - 8 outstanding and unlucky not to score
craig - 7 his best game in a long time and put in a real captains performance

heffernan - 9 man of the match contender and looked a good partnership with cummings
cummings - 9.5 we all knew the boy could score , and they were 2 cracking goals to get him off the mark

cairney - 5 came on and showed harris who should start on the right this sunday
jones - 1 no time for the big man to do much

butcher - 8 he's had some stick recently but he played a blinder dropping collins for cummings and being bold going 2 up front

fans - 10 heard someone on the tv say they'd never seen new douglas park rockin like that before , well done to each and everyone of you that were there - hearing you all sing full belt for the full 90+4 minutes made me proud to be a hibee . oh and 10 men couldnae carry scotland :aok:

Libby Hibby
22-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Agreed.

3pm...when did you get so miserable? x

PeeJay
22-05-2014, 08:12 AM
We won, not convinced ratings are relevant, but here goes

Williams - 7
Maybury - 6
Nelson - 6
McGivern - 6
Stevenson - 6
Harris - LESS THAN ZERO
Robertson - 6
Stanton - 6
Craig - 6
Heffernan - 6
Cummings - 6

Thought Hamilton were the better "team" and they played the better football. We are unable to string 3 passes together - we are truly a shocking outfit - still - over the moon that we have put ourselves in a good position for the second leg. We need to be professional and not throw this away - it's not over yet.

The fact Harris was not subbed earlier is surely indicative of how poor Butcher's options are to field a team ...

hibsbollah
22-05-2014, 09:25 AM

He was woeful, utterly ineffectual on the left flank and wee Lewis was tearing his wee quiff out because there was no option.

agreed Alex was poor, but to say Craig stood up - sorry I was watching a very very different game - he'd be one of the first I'd get rid off if we survive - he offers zero in a midfield, zero !

Reading your posts on a regular basis it's obvious you don't like Liam Craig TH, I don't really rate him either to be honest, but I can't believe you missed his contribution last night, especially second half. Credit where it's due, he usually found his man with a pass and was always playing with his head up and moving us forward.

dangermouse
22-05-2014, 11:12 AM

:agree: If Liam put as much energy into his football as he does moaning at the referee he would be a quality player.

Jones28
22-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Williams - 8, some crucial saves and commanded his box well.

Maybury - 7, solid performance and kept their winger quiet.
Nelson - 7, would've been higher if his distribution was better, but that's the best I've seen him play for us.
McGivern - 8, massively improved at centre half
Stevenson - 8, committed, dependable, solid, his usual self.

Harris - 2, did nothing, needs a pre season behind him.
Robertson 8, good energy and drive in the midfield, covered every blade of...eh...plastic.
Stanton - 6, drifted in and out. Couple of decent driving runs.
Craig - 6, much like Stanton, drifted in and out. Not hugely effective but better when played wide left

Heffernan - 7, was a nuisance, did well in the air for a wee chap!
Cummings - 2, LTYF!! :greengrin seriously, 9, took his goals brilliantly, nuisance throughout and definitely my MOTM

Butcher - 8, win, clean sheet, much improved performance

Fans - 10, phenomenal as per!

Sammy7nil
22-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Williams 7
Maybury 6
Nelson 5 Hoof and two mistkes which lead to their best chances
McGivern 8
Stevenson 7
Harris 3 needs to watch from the bench
Robertson 7
Stanton 5
Craig 5 1st half dear oh dear
Heffernan 8
Cummings 8 for the goals some sloppy paly in the opening 30 mins

1987kev
22-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Williams 8 2 great saves
Maybury 8 solid display
Nelson 7 good defending poor passing
Mcgivern 7 same as nelson
Stevenson 6 ok performances good have done better going forward
Harris 5 struggling to make impact
Robertsons 7 great energy unlucky with that shot
Stanton 5 the game went by him
Craig 6 never a left midfielder in his life
Heff 8 mom for me lead the line well
Cummings 8 2 great goals

ekhibee
22-05-2014, 11:47 AM

This. Cummings wasn't just good with his goals, his all round performance set an example to so many other players. That said, all the players you mentioned played very well last night, although I agree that Sam has looked a wee bit jaded recently, and that's totally understandable.

3pm
22-05-2014, 12:02 PM
3pm...when did you get so miserable? x

Mate, I have seen this so many times before. Win a game, get excited, fall on our face.

This is not finished!

MrRobot
22-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Williams - 7
Maybury - 7
Nelson - 6
McGivern - 7
Stevenson - 7

Harris - 4
Robertson - 7
Stanton - 6
Craig - 6

Heffernan - 7
Cummings - 8

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2014, 09:39 PM
williams - 7.5 never looked like he was going to be beaten but distribution was a bit erratic

maybury - 7 probably the best game iv seen him play for hibs
nelson - 7 not pretty but did his job
mcgivern - 7 looked much more at home in the centre of defence
stevenson - 7 defended well and got forward when he could

harris - 3 *facepalm
stanton - 4 couple of nice bits of skill but game seemed to pass him by
robertson - 8 outstanding and unlucky not to score
craig - 7 his best game in a long time and put in a real captains performance

heffernan - 9 man of the match contender and looked a good partnership with cummings
cummings - 9.5 we all knew the boy could score , and they were 2 cracking goals to get him off the mark

cairney - 5 came on and showed harris who should start on the right this sunday
jones - 1 no time for the big man to do much

butcher - 8 he's had some stick recently but he played a blinder dropping collins for cummings and being bold going 2 up front

fans - 10 heard someone on the tv say they'd never seen new douglas park rockin like that before , well done to each and everyone of you that were there - hearing you all sing full belt for the full 90+4 minutes made me proud to be a hibee . oh and 10 men couldnae carry scotland :aok:

Opinions eh! I thought he was dire as did those around me, worst captain I have seen in a Hibs shirt, lazy git.

Hibernian Verse
22-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Yesterday was my first game since around new year due to studying in Aberdeen so I haven't been around to see the collapse or how badly individuals have performed. So here's my tuppenceworth from a more neutral (non-hating of individuals) view:

Williams: 7 - Never really called into action but made two very good close range stops.

Stevenson: 7 - Effort is there as has been for a number of seasons now. Did his job.
McGivern: 6 - Thought he dealt with Curier as best as he could (which is not that great).
Nelson: 7.5 - Won everything in the air. Yes he made a couple of mistakes but saved us a few times getting in the way of through balls.
Maybury: 6.5 - Yes, he used his experience a few times but I think he could have chosen a better pass many times.

Craig: 6.5 - Anonymous for large periods, not actually got much to say on him.
Robertson : 6.5 - Busy enough in the middle and could see a decent amount of effort. Seen better performances from him.
Stanton: 7 - Really got stuck in a few times which is nice to see from a wee lad. One for the future.
Harris: 5 - Pains me to say as I went to school with him but just wasn't at the races. I KNOW he has better in him.

Heffernan: 8 - Such a busy wee player and chased down everything. 100% commitment and nothing less.
Cummings: 8.5 - Purely for his two goals. I felt he could have played better with Heff (a few times Heff knocked it into areas a more experienced striker would have been). Great prospect.

Subbies didn't get a look in.

Shields Hibee
22-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Williams 7 - not called into action much
Stevenson 7 - put the effort in
Nelson 6.5 - a few mistakes, defended well overall bar thos
McGivern 7- looked ok at centre half, one of his better games
Maybury 7 - did well after mixed start.
Harris 3 - poor but in fairness, spent a lot of time out with injury. Needs a pre-season behind him
Robertson 7.5 - another good performance & should have scored early on
Stanton 7 - one for the future, had a good game overall
Craig 6 - nothing to shout about
Hefferman 8 - put himself about & showed effort and commitment
Cummings 9 - 2 very important goals and played his part in the game. Still young but has potential to be key player in a few years time.

snooky
22-05-2014, 11:41 PM
....... but he played a blinder dropping collins for cummings and being bold going 2 up front

:confused: In all my years of watching and playing football I don't think I've ever thought that playing 2 up front against a team in a lower league could be described as 'bold'. Butcher should have been (and probably would have been) lynched if he'd played one up in that game.

...... IMO like :wink: