PDA

View Full Version : Play - off predictions

20-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Whats your predictions for the play-offs then?

I have a gut feeling that we will win and stay up. We are not good enough to win comfortably IMO and lets not underestimate Hamilton, they have had a good season, scored loads of goals and won't be easy but I think we might just sneak it.

col02
20-05-2014, 06:49 PM
2-1 Hibs away and 2-0 at home. Call it ill advised confidence in Hibs but player for player we are better than Hamilton!

nribs
20-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Whats your predictions for the play-offs then?

I have a gut feeling that we will win and stay up. We are not good enough to win comfortably IMO and lets not underestimate Hamilton, they have had a good season, scored loads of goals and won't be easy but I think we might just sneak it.Squeeky bum away from home. Tight spinchter at home.

jimmyboco1875
20-05-2014, 07:02 PM
2 nil stanton and collins

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Derby -1 goal v QPR.

joe breezy
20-05-2014, 07:27 PM
3-0 first leg 1-1 second leg Hibs relegated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HH81
20-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Lose tomorrow and I think we will go down. Draw or win and we will go through. Simple?

mglancy23
20-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Lose tomorrow and I think we will go down. Draw or win and we will go through. Simple?

Agree

Billy Whizz
20-05-2014, 07:35 PM
We'll win both the home and away legs

Albanian Hibs
20-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Draw away
Win home (just)

mim
20-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Can't see us managing a clean sheet away. I'll predict 2-0. Hard to overturn that at home, but we might manage to take it to extra time and beat a tired Hamilton 3-2 on aggregate.

erin go bragh
20-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Squeaky bum time . But strangely im looking forward to the game . We need to get right behind the team from the start . Scoring the first goal would be nice but really do think we will at last get a performance from our team .

Ggtth

GlenrothesHibee
20-05-2014, 08:07 PM
2-0 Hamilton. 2 goals in first 10 mins.

2-1 Hibs. Early goal for Hamilton. 2 goals in last 10 mins for Hibs giving us hope.

greenpaper55
20-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I think we will be beaten 2-0 at Hamilton and win 1-0 at ER, we have a defence that is about championship quality at best and forwards that cannot score, i think we have to play Cairney, Thompson and Heffernan to have any chance, they have a wee bit class that might just tip things in our favour but really why should anything change ?.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2014, 08:15 PM
If you offered me a draw tomorrow now I'd bite your hand off.

Think we will get one as well. 1-1 tomorrow, 2-1 Hibs in the home leg.

It will be nervy but I've heard a few people say all the pressure is on Hibs and Hamilton have nothing to lose. Absolute bollox, there is pressure on both teams and Hamilton will be every bit as nervous as us.

Aldo
20-05-2014, 08:17 PM
We will win tomorrow and win on Sunday.

Aldo
20-05-2014, 08:19 PM
I think we will be beaten 2-0 at Hamilton and win 1-0 at ER, we have a defence that is about championship quality at best and forwards that cannot score, i think we have to play Cairney, Thompson and Heffernan to have any chance, they have a wee bit class that might just tip things in our favour but really why should anything change ?.

Will give you the later 2 but think I would prefer to see Harris or even Watmore running directly at their Back 4.

Hibby Bairn
20-05-2014, 08:20 PM

So true.

ehf
20-05-2014, 08:20 PM
3 or 4 nil to Hamilton tomorrow. We will then get the win we have needed for months now on Sunday when it doesn't matter anymore.

SteveHFC
20-05-2014, 08:21 PM
1-0 Hamilton

Paisley Hibby
20-05-2014, 08:22 PM

It will be nervy but I've heard a few people say all the pressure is on Hibs and Hamilton have nothing to lose. Absolute bollox, there is pressure on both teams and Hamilton will be every bit as nervous as us.

No pressure on Hamilton. They are very very confident about this.

heretoday
20-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Draw tomorrow and we win on Sunday.

Irish_Steve
20-05-2014, 08:26 PM
John Laurie

Callum_62
20-05-2014, 08:27 PM
We should win both legs

Im fairly confident with no evidence to back it up what so ever

I think having Thommo, Robertson and Heff in the starting eleven will surely be enough quality/experience to see us through

If we cant beat a 1st div side over 2 legs, then we absolutely deserve to go down

Exert same pressure as we did to Killie 1st half, im sure a few goals will come

Forza Fred
20-05-2014, 08:53 PM
I aM afraid my head and heart have become hardened.

I posted before the split that I could not see where a goal was going to come from, and nothing I have seen has made me change my mind.

Also, despite the positive ness on this thread I am also aware that Raith Rovers beat us at home, and Hamilton finished a good few places in front of us.

Sadly I see a 0 - 2 loss in the first leg.

Happy to have boiled eggs thrown at meif we win......but. Sheesh I just can't see a win coming

Col2
20-05-2014, 08:57 PM
2-0 Hamilton (goals in first 20-30 mins)

0-1 Hamilton (last 15 mins)

I just don't see us scoring.

Stax
20-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Think we'll do it over the two legs. No logic involved other than we can't be on this gash run forever. The last few games may have all ran to a familiar script but to me there were wee glimpses of hope. I think a scrappy goal or set piece from us could make all the difference. I'm not buying into this Hamilton under no pressure nonsense either, they'll be nervous alright. GGTTH.

Hibbyradge
20-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Can't see us managing a clean sheet away. I'll predict 2-0. Hard to overturn that at home, but we might manage to take it to extra time and beat a tired Hamilton 3-2 on aggregate.

I agree, 2 - 0 against, but we'll also lose on Sunday, 0 - 1.

The Harp
20-05-2014, 09:20 PM
If we can't see off Hamilton over two games with the added advantage of the 2nd game being at ER, then we don't deserve to be in the top flight. But the players will need to show determination and be disciplined from the first whistle. Man for man, we have the superior squad but unless we have the heart for a battle that will go for nothing.
I'll pass on the prediction - don't want to jinx us.:worried:

joe breezy
20-05-2014, 09:29 PM
When was the last time Hibs scored 10 goals in a match? For Accies this occurred 2 weeks ago

Borderhibbie76
20-05-2014, 09:33 PM
When was the last time Hibs scored 10 goals in a match? For Accies this occurred 2 weeks ago

Against a morton team already relegated who chucked the match. FFS if they are that great how come they lost title to Dundee snd scraped past Falkirk... things are bad enough mate without u making it worse its Hamilton Accies no Brazil

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

spike220
20-05-2014, 09:36 PM
I think we can win it 2-0 - First leg.

1-0 at home.

I think our midfield will be the stumbling block for them.

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
20-05-2014, 09:47 PM

I would say the pressure is on us.

We are a big club that is trying to preserve its status as a Premiership club.

Hamilton, on the other hand, is a small club that is trying to get promotion out of the Championship. Of course Hamilton will feel pressure in the sense that they've come this far and they don't want to fall at the final hurdle but virtually all of the pressure is on us over these two legs and I feel that Hamilton can probably play with a degree of freedom.

Sammy7nil
20-05-2014, 09:49 PM
I cannot believe the negativity on here.
Yes we are poor SPFL team yes we struggle to scoe goals BUT Hamilton aint no Real Madrid and last time I looked they play in league below us. .

I for one am really looking forward to these games no way should Hibs have lost the last 3 games, we just need our FAIR share of luck an equaal rub of the green and we will win.

Hamilton 0 - Hibernian 2

Hibernian 2 - Hamilton 1

Hard fought 4 - 1 on aggregate :agree: (Lump on ) :wink:

AlbertK86
20-05-2014, 09:56 PM
IF we get the early goal .... We will go on and qualify ......however dreading the scenario that the usual happens

We play them off the park and they score on the break ..... We struggle and confidence saps away

If Thommo and Heffernan play we MUST play on deck...... High ball to Heffernan is a total waste

On the deck and I predict Heffernan will snatch a vital opener

Hope that TB and MM have same philosophy but from past experience I'm not convinced

Nervous but strangely optimistic

GGTTH

SkintHibby
20-05-2014, 09:56 PM
1-0 Accies first leg

0-0 Second leg

Only saying what I believe will happen. :-(

Utterly disgusting that it has got to this stage.

Hibbyradge
20-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Yes we are poor SPFL team yes we struggle to scoe goals BUT Hamilton aint no Real Madrid and last time I looked they play in league below us. .

I for one am really looking forward to these games no way should Hibs have lost the last 3 games, we just need our FAIR share of luck an equaal rub of the green and we will win.

Hamilton 0 - Hibernian 2

Hibernian 2 - Hamilton 1

Good man. I hope you're right.

My money is elsewhere. :-(

Sammy7nil
20-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Good man. I hope you're right.

My money is elsewhere. :-(

I have taken the 3.05 on Betfair win or lose I think that price is too big.

Steve20
20-05-2014, 10:21 PM
We'll lose tomorrow and draw on Sunday.

We can't score, so not much chance of staying up.

SteveHFC
21-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Can i start the match thread for tomorrow :greengrin

joe breezy
21-05-2014, 04:10 AM
Against a morton team already relegated who chucked the match. FFS if they are that great how come they lost title to Dundee snd scraped past Falkirk... things are bad enough mate without u making it worse its Hamilton Accies no Brazil

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm usually very positive and predict a Hibs win, I've lost quite a few quid this season on bets that included Hibs to win so I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong again.

Onion
21-05-2014, 04:52 AM
We'll lose tomorrow and draw on Sunday.

We can't score, so not much chance of staying up.

Been surprised how much the Hamilton boss, chairman and players have been shouting their mouths off ahead this match - almost to the point of disrespect. There was no need for it. All the pressure was already on Hibs with the biggest question being how does Butcher motivate his players ?

IMO Hamilton are in for tough game tonight and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a fired up Hibs team win by a couple of goals.

NatureBoy
21-05-2014, 06:56 AM
Sadly I have absolutely zero confidence in the whole club. 2-0 Hamilton tonight and a limp 0-0 on Sunday to see us crash to the Championship, I hope with all my heart I'm proved wrong.

leggeto
21-05-2014, 08:27 AM
If we lose the 1st goal tonight we've had it,will be a struggle,as long as we can keep a clean sheet we'll see them through on Sunday

scuttle
21-05-2014, 08:35 AM
My head says 2-0 Hamilton then 1-1 at ER
My heart says please Hibs just win both legs

SlickShoes
21-05-2014, 08:43 AM
2-0 Hamilton.

I will be supporting hibs but having been at the last 5 or 6 games, I cannot see where we will conjure a goal from. I don't see any way we will manage to keep a clean sheet either.

I want us to win 3-0 and put the tie to bed early but I just can't realistically see that happening.

Onion
21-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Jees,I hope most of you guys are watching the game on TV.

Tonight we need stout hearts and steel balls. Come on the Hibs !

SlickShoes
21-05-2014, 08:46 AM

Hamilton 0 - Hibernian 2

Hibernian 2 - Hamilton 1

Raith Rovers beat us 3-2 at ER and they are "worse" than Hamilton.

No one here wants us to lose, but I don't understand how anyone can expect a multi goal victory if they had been at any of our recent games.

Flanny boy
21-05-2014, 08:48 AM
1each tonight and 2-0 hibs on Sunday,that will do us :agree:

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-05-2014, 08:49 AM
We'll get pumped both legs. The writing has been on the wall for ages and sadly, we deserve our inevitable fate.

I don't give a flying if its negative or otherwise and have made a small fortune betting against Hibs of late. The money I've won is going towards my families season ticket for next year regardless.

I'll be at both legs cheering 'the club' on and willing them on against the odds.

Billy McKirdy
21-05-2014, 09:15 AM
2-0 for Accies tonight and 1-1 on Sunday, we're down.

bigwheel
21-05-2014, 09:22 AM
i can't see a positive result if we play the long ball game that Butcher has introduced. Technically, we have better players than them, we could pass and move them off the park..but our biggest issue is this long ball game will play easily in to the hands of their defence. Butcher's biggest mistake has been how he has set us up to play - it's so easy to counteract. 2 -1 defeat tonight ... seat of the pants stuff on sunday..

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-05-2014, 09:26 AM

Hamilton 0 - Hibernian 2

Hibernian 2 - Hamilton 1

You have watched Hibs this season? Were you at the game where a Raith Rovers side who finished 25 points behind Hamilton won at Easter Road in the Scottish Cup?

The fans negativity comes from the teams results and performances this season. I would be delighted but very surprised if Hibs won over the 2 legs.

Cabbage East
21-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Surely we have enough quality in the squad to win this comfortably, assuming the players actually turn up for once.

Peevemor
21-05-2014, 09:39 AM
1-1 tonight and 1-0 Hibs (or even penalties) et ER. Twitchy ringpieces right up 'til the last minute. :sofa:

Seekyit
21-05-2014, 10:03 AM
1-1 tonight and 1-0 Hibs (or even penalties) et ER. Twitchy ringpieces right up 'til the last minute. :sofa:

I'm going for 0-0 tonight and 1-0 on Sunday. The tension will be unbearable in the last ten minutes but we'll do it.

hibsmad
21-05-2014, 10:17 AM
It's not that we can't score -it's just that we can't score very many. However, even for a team who can't score very many, surely we are due a goal or two. I think we will be ok.

Saying that, I also thought we would beat Kilmarnock, and Partick before that, and Hearts before that. So really, I know **** all.

The Gorf
21-05-2014, 10:27 AM
One nil Hibs both legs. :wink:

Captain Trips
21-05-2014, 10:29 AM
I have a feeling this will be a tie over result tonight, I do not know why or who but I think it will be 3 or 4 nil to one team tonight.

hfc-1875
21-05-2014, 10:32 AM
3-0 us tonight. Craig, Forster and Stanton!

Islington Hibs
21-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Been surprised how much the Hamilton boss, chairman and players have been shouting their mouths off ahead this match - almost to the point of disrespect. There was no need for it. All the pressure was already on Hibs with the biggest question being how does Butcher motivate his players ?

IMO Hamilton are in for tough game tonight and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a fired up Hibs team win by a couple of goals.

Agree with this. The pressure is on us and their shouting off I think actually helps us. Hope so and think Hamilton have been pretty arrogant

lapsedhibee
21-05-2014, 11:02 AM
When was the last time Hibs scored 10 goals in a match?

Not sure, but the last time I saw us score 11 goals was against Hamilton. When did they ever score 11 goals against us? :dunno:

Paperboy
21-05-2014, 11:58 AM
I've seen Hamilton this season and they've impressed me. I think there's a tram on form playing a team in free fall and it breaks my heart to say it but Hibs may struggle.

The odds of Hamilton half time and Hamilton full time at 3/1 are just too tempting

SouthamptonHibs
21-05-2014, 12:39 PM
3-0 Hibs it's our time to come good. Heff back Thommo back Roberston fully fit Craig looked decent v Killie I think we will be good tonight.
Butcher is the only one that worries me with his 4-5-1 pish formation.

Sean1875
21-05-2014, 12:39 PM
every single prediction I've made in the run up to this game has been wrong. so on that note, 2-0 Hamilton!

southern hibby
21-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Predict 2 or 3 goals for Hibs ( all against run of play) don't know why but think we will hit them on the break and actually make it count.

Hamilton seem to think they are going to win ( over two legs) not sure they will, as support tonight and at Easter Road will be willing Hibs on. Have they experienced this type of support at home this season backing the away team? GGTTH

dmc1875
21-05-2014, 01:10 PM
I don't know why, I just have a feeling that we will come good tonight. Hamiltons over-confidence is a bit OTT and should act as great motivation and they aren't as good as they make out they are.

I think we could win 3-0 tonight, or maybe 3-1 is more realistic as we will concede :cb Positivity! GGTTH

dmc1875
21-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Predict 2 or 3 goals for Hibs ( all against run of play) don't know why but think we will hit them on the break and actually make it count.

Hamilton seem to think they are going to win ( over two legs) not sure they will, as support tonight and at Easter Road will be willing Hibs on. Have they experienced this type of support at home this season backing the away team? GGTTH

2700 Hibs fans in their own stadium which is pretty much half the crowd should make the players think a bit especially if we get behind the team vocally :agree:

Lago
21-05-2014, 01:27 PM
What ever will be will be.

Saorsa
21-05-2014, 01:29 PM
2-1 Hibs tonight, 2-0 Hibs on sunday. :agree:

chrisski33
21-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Hamilton 2-1 tonight curier and scotland and collins for us but sadly see us winning on sunday 1-0

HibbySpurs
21-05-2014, 01:44 PM
The first goal is critical in this.

If (and it's big one) we score first I think we'll get through this ok.

If Hamilton score first we're in real trouble as we've seen the confidence from good starts just dissapear after getting sucker punched.

I also think it's critical that we do get a positive result tonight and that a draw is not helpful as we are ****ing rank rotten at ER as it is...

Get the first goal tonight I think it may knock Hamilton a bit and if we can win even 2-0 from there I think we would be home and hosed.

I'm not confident and I aint making a prediction as such, just predicting how I think the game needs to go for us to come out the right side after the two legs......

GlenrothesHibee
21-05-2014, 01:47 PM
2700 Hibs fans in their own stadium which is pretty much half the crowd should make the players think a bit especially if we get behind the team vocally :agree:

Sure Falkirk took around that too. Didnt really phase Hamilton

Wheat Hound
21-05-2014, 01:48 PM
I predict pain

......for Hamilton

Clubber Lang, 1983

WhileTheChief..
21-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Comfortable win for us tonight.

Hamilton are crap and will be put firmly in their place.

Cabbage East
21-05-2014, 01:54 PM
I have a feeling this will be a tie over result tonight, I do not know why or who but I think it will be 3 or 4 nil to one team tonight.

If we lose 4 nil to Hamilton tonight then we don't deserve to be in the Premiership.

Keith_M
21-05-2014, 02:22 PM
I refuse to say, as I dread the abuse I'll get.....

:greengrin

dmc1875
21-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Sure Falkirk took around that too. Didnt really phase Hamilton

Attendance was 4,600 for that game with apparently 1400 Bairns fans

Pete
21-05-2014, 02:54 PM
I predict that it won't be the end of the world if we lose. Even lose overall.

:thumbsup: