PDA

View Full Version : I'm Out

johnrebus
09-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Just a quick message to say before tomorrow and whatever happens, after forty seven years - I'm out.

Have not seen any Scottish game since 19th May 2012 and never will again.

Not just Hibs, but because of the escape of Hearts and Rangers and the Scottish Football media in general, not to mention the meddling of the so called First Minister in matters which do not concern him. If the YES vote goes through, then I'll be off to England with the family, the whole thing is beyond a joke.

Good luck to everyone on Hibs.net. Regret I have been turning into a right misery and getting into keyboard arguments with people I've never met and don't know, which is really quite silly. Apologies to anyone I've offended over the years and I accept all the flack that has ever come my way.

Special mention to Dashing Bob Sargent, Bad Martini, Filled Rolls and a few others, More than once I have spat my tea out on the keyboard with laughter at some of your posts.

Good luck to all.

Regards

JR

:not worth

sidjames
09-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Well goodbye.

flash
09-05-2014, 09:57 AM
PM me if you need a lift down south.

greenpaper55
Just a quick message to say before tomorrow and whatever happens, after forty seven years - I'm out.

Not just Hibs, but because of the escape of Hearts and Rangers and the Scottish Football media in general, not to mention the meddling of the so called First Minister in matters which do not concern him. If the YES vote goes through, then I'll be off to England with the family, the whole thing is beyond a joke.

Good luck to everyone on Hibs.net. Regret I have been turning into a right misery and getting into keyboard arguments with people I've never met and don't know, which is really quite silly. Apologies to anyone I've offended over the years and I accept all the flack that has ever come my way.

Special mention to Dashing Bob Sargent, Bad Martini, Filled Rolls and a few others, More than once I have spat my tea out on the keyboard with laughter at some of your posts.

Good luck to all.

Regards

JR

Don't blame you mate after the last few seasons but you will get pelters on here from some Uber fans who have been going to ER for a couple of years !, as for a yes vote i think i will be doing the same.

Billychaotic182
It's sad that this is what some fans have come too. Hibs really need to improve

TamHibs
09-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Cheerio

California-Hibs
09-05-2014, 10:00 AM

Good luck to all.

Regards

JR

Would never ever turn my back on my team no matter what the circumstances, but each to their own. Cheerio. Hoping for a huge YES vote in September too!

Pretty Boy
09-05-2014, 10:00 AM
You'll be back mate.

I said I was chucking it earlier in the season and was back after 2 games.

The last few years have been tough but we'll be back. No one expected a cup win after the early Miller years and the Mercer debacle, no one expected players like Sauzee, Latapy, Mixu, Zitelli et al to light up ER after relegation and no one expected Mowbray, Collins and another cup win with a generation of home grown stars after Blobby.

The_Exile
09-05-2014, 10:01 AM
If the YES vote goes through, then I'll be off to England with the family, the whole thing is beyond a joke.

Edit: The amount of no doubt intelligent human beings who think a vote for Yes equates to a vote for Salmond and the SNP is genuinely terrifying!

God Petrie
09-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Another boost for the YES campaign.

Niffy
09-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Message boards wouldn't be the same without folk posting "I'll not be back" messages and the likes.
Whether it's the game, sport or just the forum.

ekhibee
09-05-2014, 10:05 AM

Good luck to all.

Regards

JR

You don't owe anybody on here an apology mate. Recently it seems to have got more and more poisonous on hibs.net, and even though Hibs are going through a bad time just now, there are people on here that are instigating it and others that just jump on the bandwagon. You're probably well out of it, and the names you mentioned aren't like that and always make a contribution worth reading. Take care and hopefully you'll be back at ER sometime in the not too distant future.

johnrebus
09-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Would never ever turn my back on my team no matter what the circumstances, but each to their own. Cheerio.Hoping for a huge YES vote in September too!

Well you would mate, saying as you don't have live here!

Good luck.

MB62
09-05-2014, 10:09 AM

Good luck to all.

Regards

JR

Totally agree with you re The ranger and Yams, it has sickened me too. However, I don't know why you would not want to live in a better more democratic Scotland, say hello to engurland for me please.

scuttle

Good luck.
You still here.......

Saorsa

Good luck.I live here, I'll be supporting YES and still supporting the Hibs. I find these posts funny, if you're going tae go just go, why the need tae tell a lot of people you dinnae even ken?

anyhoo cheerio.

Forza Fred
09-05-2014, 10:16 AM
You will be back, albeit under different nom de plume

LioNeilMessi
09-05-2014, 10:16 AM

Good luck to all.

Regards

JR

I'm always lost for words when I hear people say this with 100% sincerity...

Sean1875
09-05-2014, 10:20 AM
'ooh look at me, look at me'

Lucius Apuleius
09-05-2014, 10:20 AM

Good luck to all.

Regards

JR

Well that is me made my mind up then, especially if they put a ban on anyone living in engerlund accessing hibs.net. Big YES for me. Apart from that and I am not going to start an Uber fan debate, but you live in Scotland and have not been to a game since the Cup Final. Not exactly supporting the team huh?

bigwheel
09-05-2014, 10:30 AM
sounds like the OP was out long before his post ...

greenpaper55
09-05-2014, 10:33 AM
I'm sure each and every one of us could all name a few Hibs fans who are not going back apart from those living in California :greengrin, since the Mowbray days crowds are down by four thousand or so and instead of slagging folk off who have had enough we should be trying get these missing fans to return instead we get "goodbye" from the smart ***** who will soon have a row of seats to themselves if things continue.

GreenArmyyy!
09-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Cracking time to turn your back on the club. Well played.

yeezus.
09-05-2014, 10:47 AM

Edit: The amount of no doubt intelligent human beings who think a vote for Yes equates to a vote for Salmond and the SNP is genuinely terrifying!

Ken! It's almost as bad as the amount of intelligent human beings who think a No vote equates to a vote for David Cameron and the Conservative Party - I'm scared!

bigwheel
09-05-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm sure each and every one of us could all name a few Hibs fans who are not going back apart from those living in California :greengrin, since the Mowbray days crowds are down by four thousand or so and instead of slagging folk off who have had enough we should be trying get these missing fans to return instead we get "goodbye" from the smart ***** who will soon have a row of seats to themselves if things continue.

There will be many many people who no longer go to watch Hibs and don't post here....why would the OP write a post about it...it was seeking a reaction...

PeeJay
09-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Cracking time to turn your back on the club. Well played.

Club and country: perhaps food for thought?

Ozyhibby
09-05-2014, 10:50 AM

Good luck to all.

Regards

JR

Biggest 'look at me' post on here for a long time.
I bet you haven't left yet and are regularly checking the replies on this thread.
Have fun in England. It's a really nice place.

brian6-2
09-05-2014, 10:55 AM
someone has sand in their vagina........................

Saorsa
09-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Ken! It's almost as bad as the amount of intelligent human beings who think a No vote equates to a vote for David Cameron and the Conservative Party - I'm scared!It will equate tae continuing tae get governments we in Scotland dinnae vote for. How many people in Scotland voted for this UK government? :wink: And the other lot are nae better anyway, just tories with a different colour of tie since blair 'the war monger' and his new labour crowd.

As part of the UK the only time Scots will get the government they vote for is when the English want the same government.

If voters in England want a different government we'll get it anyway, (like the one we have now).

The only way Scotland will always get the government it votes for is if only the people of Scotland are voting for it.

Weststandwanab
09-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Can I contribute to the petrol cost of going to englandshire ?

yeezus.
09-05-2014, 04:38 PM
It will equate tae continuing tae get governments we in Scotland dinnae vote for. How many people in Scotland voted for this UK government? :wink: And the other lot are nae better anyway, just tories with a different colour of tie since blair 'the war monger' and his new labour crowd.

As part of the UK the only time Scots will get the government they vote for is when the English want the same government.

If voters in England want a different government we'll get it anyway, (like the one we have now).

The only way Scotland will always get the government it votes for is if only the people of Scotland are voting for it.

That argument is getting old. Do you talk like that in real life? Saying things like "tae" and "dinnae"? :wink::greengrin

Saorsa
09-05-2014, 05:04 PM
That argument is getting old. Do you talk like that in real life? Saying things like "tae" and "dinnae"? :wink::greengrinaye, but that's got **** all tae dae wi you :aok:

yeezus.
09-05-2014, 06:13 PM
aye, but that's got **** all tae dae wi you :aok:

:faf: Nationalists are funny.