PDA

View Full Version : Boyd Injury

bathhibby
09-05-2014, 06:35 AM
What's the latest ? we need every bit of help to pull this one off

Ronniekirk
09-05-2014, 06:45 AM

He was taken off as a precaution and to make sure didn't aggravate injury so the line is he should be fine but think they may use this now to play mind games and we won't know but expect he will play some part in the game unless it gets worse if he trains and does further damage but would imagine they wrap him in cotton wool and take no chances

Hibrandenburg
09-05-2014, 06:55 AM

Killie will come with the intention of parking the bus. A draw will do them nicely and scoring goals will only become a priority for them should we do so. This has got 0-0 written all over it.

jonny
09-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Killie will come with the intention of parking the bus. A draw will do them nicely and scoring goals will only become a priority for them should we do so. This has got 0-0 written all over it.

Away ye go!! We'll get an early goal to settle the nerves and rattle them for 3 or 4. It'll be done and dusted by half time. Heard it here first :flag:

Hibrandenburg
09-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Away ye go!! We'll get an early goal to settle the nerves and rattle them for 3 or 4. It'll be done and dusted by half time. Heard it here first :flag:

Hate being wrong but will gladly make an exception this time. :greengrin

Big_Franck
09-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Anyone know what Kris Boyd's record against us is like? From memory it's not great. Remember him being terrible for the old rangers at easter road a couple of times.

hibeemikey21
09-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Anyone know what Kris Boyd's record against us is like? From memory it's not great. Remember him being terrible for the old rangers at easter road a couple of times.

Speaking of prolific SPL goalscorers playing against hibs; were we not also pretty decent at keeping Larsson out? From memory, he used to score for fun against most teams except us

Loved a few against the dons and hearts

Michael
09-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Speaking of prolific SPL goalscorers playing against hibs; were we not also pretty decent at keeping Larsson out? From memory, he used to score for fun against most teams except us

Loved a few against the dons and hearts

And then there was Sebo!

Geo_1875
09-05-2014, 09:33 AM
And then there was Sebo!

Don't remember her playing football in Scotland.

Hibernia Na Eir
09-05-2014, 09:38 AM

The same team that capitulated by 5 goals at the pink place last week?

i don't think they could park a bus.

PeterboroHibee
09-05-2014, 09:50 AM
The same team that capitulated by 5 goals at the pink place last week?

i don't think they could park a bus.

They have the worst defence in the league, but then we have by far the worst attack in the league.

I think as long as we can stop Boyd (they dont score a huge amount of goals apart from him), we will definitely get chances. Heres hoping we can take them!

Speedway
09-05-2014, 09:53 AM
They have the worst defence in the league, but then we have by far the worst attack in the league.

I think as long as we can stop Boyd (they dont score a huge amount of goals apart from him), we will definitely get chances. Heres hoping we can take them!

Watch out for Killie players who:

Have never scored ever

Have never scored against Hibs and

Haven't scored for 40 years.

It will be their red-letter day tomorrow.

xyz23jc
09-05-2014, 10:01 AM

Have never scored ever

I shuddered when I saw that....Hope we're both wrong tho....! Need to 'nullify' Eremenko as well!!!

Captain Trips
09-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Killie do not have the players capable of "parking the bus" more like a scooter. Hibs problem is not Killie defending but our strikers putting the ball in net. Hibs have to take game to Killie there is no doubt about that and also have to be extremly careful we are not picked off on the counter, Boyd is dangerous we know around the box but are they playing with another up front who has pace?

Hibs scoring first changes whole complextion of game if Killie nick one first they will probably still tactically continue as they were as will we trying now to score two, but if go one up we maybe can pick them off for a second.

147lothian
09-05-2014, 12:28 PM
In the 3 - 0 game we stopped the supply to Boyd, I hope he is out because he is always a danger in the box, I would love to see him at Easter Road for us but I doubt that will happen, any win will do!

vanNISHtelroy
09-05-2014, 01:32 PM

Looked like it was a bit of a dead leg. (although just seen it was an ankle injury....close enough)

We don't have the players to try and defend for ten minutes nevermind 90.

stoneyburn hibs
09-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Looked like it was a bit of a dead leg. (although just seen it was an ankle injury....close enough)

We don't have the players to try and defend for ten minutes nevermind 90.

What's your thoughts as to how you see it panning out tomorrow ?

Billy Whizz
09-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Any idea on how many fans they are likely to bring tomorrow

vanNISHtelroy
09-05-2014, 01:53 PM
What's your thoughts as to how you see it panning out tomorrow ?

Like yourselves really nervous/pessimestic about the game but feel a bit better after wednesday. They showed fight for the first time that I can remember this season.

Boyd and Eremenko are going to be the main players obviously, whereas the defence and goalkeeper are the obvious weakness.

Hope he sets up the midfield the way he did against St Mirren, looked better than it has for ages.

vanNISHtelroy
09-05-2014, 01:53 PM

Apparently we've sold out our initial allocation of 800.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Apparently we've sold out our initial allocation of 800.

I presume they can pay at the gate

vanNISHtelroy
09-05-2014, 01:59 PM
I presume they can pay at the gate

Theres more tickets for sale at Rugby Park today and then available to buy tickets at the ground.

HibsNutter
09-05-2014, 02:48 PM
If we can limit the supply to Boyd and Eremenko in behind it will be like playing against nine men. That should be the plan.

Franck Stanton
09-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Not advocating we sink to hertz level of "thuggery", but the first challenge to Boyd should be, shall I say " Robust"

:cb

R11Loaded
09-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Not advocating we sink to hertz level of "thuggery", but the first challenge to Boyd should be, shall I say " Robust"

If that's what we need, putting Kevin Thomson on for the first fifteen minutes should do fine..

Any doubters YouTube his tackles on Robbie keane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emerald green
09-05-2014, 07:03 PM
One of the oldest tricks in the book. Put it about that your best player might not make an important game, only for him to make a miraculous recovery and play. Thereby giving everyone connected to that particular club (players and fans) a boost. Also not good news for the opposition. It's bull****. He will play.

erin go bragh
09-05-2014, 07:25 PM

Sold 1400 if what ive read on another thread is correct .

Ggtth

erin go bragh
09-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Theres more tickets for sale at Rugby Park today and then available to buy tickets at the ground.

Whats your thoughts on how the game will pan out the mora VNR .
I feel if Hibs win that yous would win a play off but if we dont win , we would lose the play off .

Ggtth

Mark79
09-05-2014, 07:45 PM

Have never scored ever

Set up nicely for the lad eremenko then.

Dirkster23
09-05-2014, 07:52 PM

I think they'll have a go at us right from the start. We've got a terrible record of losing early goals in important games and they'll know we'll struggle to score twice.

EastCalderHibby
09-05-2014, 08:15 PM

robust ...................ANY kind of challenge would be nice