PDA

View Full Version : Jim Goodwin's red card

PatHead
01-05-2014, 12:09 PM
According to BBC it has been reduced to a yellow. WTF!

If he had contacted with Thomson that could have finished his career.

Saorsa
01-05-2014, 12:15 PM

If he had contacted with Thomson that could have finished his career.yep ****in' nonsense decision, looks like the thuggery will continue tae the end of the season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27241080

PatHead
01-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Just shows what a bit of moaning by Lennon and Steven Thompson can achieve. Hibs watch and learn.

Pretty Boy
01-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Ridiculous decision.

That tackle was a shocker regardless of how much contact was made.

ALF TUPPER
01-05-2014, 12:49 PM
His appeal should have been kicked into touch. The tackle was wreckless and he did catch Thomo.

At the time - St Midden and BBC YamSound were berating KT for going down despite "Goodwin not touching him".

This decision still clears Kevin.

Wonder if Willie Miller ( phanny ), Danny Lennon, et al will apologise ?.

GGTTH

Geo_1875
01-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Just shows what a bit of moaning by Lennon and Steven Thompson can achieve. Hibs watch and learn.

Unfortunately, we can't get a current Hibs player on Sportscene to plead our case.

greenlex
01-05-2014, 02:06 PM
To be honest I thought at the time it was no more than a yellow. He is still a thug tho. It's also in our interests that he plays the final games too. Mon the appeal board!!

Diclonius
01-05-2014, 02:16 PM

If Petrie has anything to say about it we'll continue to lie down. Moaning could cost him his future job as an SFA blazer.

Geo_1875
01-05-2014, 02:57 PM
To be honest I thought at the time it was no more than a yellow. He is still a thug tho. It's also in our interests that he plays the final games too. Mon the appeal board!!

Only if he stays on the pitch for 90 minutes.

Weststandwanab
01-05-2014, 03:29 PM
To be honest I thought at the time it was no more than a yellow. He is still a thug tho. It's also in our interests that he plays the final games too. Mon the appeal board!!:agree:

Hibercelona
01-05-2014, 04:13 PM

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. We generally ***** ourselves whenever he's on the park.

If he gets away with kicking us up and down the park (which he will) then that is bad news for us.

Kato
01-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Not sure how you came to that conclusion. We generally ***** ourselves whenever he's on the park.

If he gets away with kicking us up and down the park (which he will) then that is bad news for us.

We don't play ST Mirren again this season.

greenlex
01-05-2014, 04:21 PM

If he gets away with kicking us up and down the park (which he will) then that is bad news for us.:confused:

Hibercelona
01-05-2014, 04:21 PM
We don't play ST Mirren again this season.

I know that. But I still don't see how it's in our best interests that he plays. He can frustrate any midfield, not just ours. I'd rather he was suspended, as it would take the wind out of their sails.

greenlex
01-05-2014, 04:25 PM
I know that. But I still don't see how it's in our best interests that he plays. He can frustrate any midfield, not just ours. I'd rather he was suspended, as it would take the wind out of their sails.St Mirren play Ross County, Killie and Hearts before the end of the season. You would rather they had more of a chance to pick up points than St Mirren? :confused: I really cant get my head round that.

Scouse Hibee
01-05-2014, 07:47 PM

If he had contacted with Thomson that could have finished his career.

Correct decision IMO.

Tinribs
01-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Correct decision IMO.

It pains me, but i have to agree with you on that. Not because i find you disagreeable, but because JG has been overdue a sending off.

I think the ref was actually waiting to see him doing his usual hard-man impersonation, and gave him the ear of rubber for past misdemeanors. Having said that, it was a very rash tackle.

Eyrie
01-05-2014, 10:58 PM
It was late, it was reckless, he was out of control with both feet off the ground, leading with his studs and made contact with a defenceless player. Can't believe it's been downgraded to a yellow.

beensaidbefore
03-05-2014, 02:02 AM
Regardless of how bad the tackle was, Thompson has been a 'jessie' when it comes to tackling ever since his ankle went when he was young. IMO he was never as confident in the tackle after that, especially 50/50's, which he seems to 'pretend' to go in hard then pull back at the last moment, which is probably more likely to get you hurt.

Not saying the Goodwin incident might not have hurt, but I think whenever its his ankle he fears the worst.

Shoot me if im wrong.....:cb

Mr White
03-05-2014, 07:45 AM
Regardless of how bad the tackle was, Thompson has been a 'jessie' when it comes to tackling ever since his ankle went when he was young. IMO he was never as confident in the tackle after that, especially 50/50's, which he seems to 'pretend' to go in hard then pull back at the last moment, which is probably more likely to get you hurt.

Not saying the Goodwin incident might not have hurt, but I think whenever its his ankle he fears the worst.

Shoot me if im wrong.....:cb

It's his knee that's been injured twice isn't it? Unless you mean he suffered an ankle injury when he was a youth before he joined hibs?

beensaidbefore
03-05-2014, 05:19 PM
It's his knee that's been injured twice isn't it? Unless you mean he suffered an ankle injury when he was a youth before he joined hibs?

you are correct, it was his knee. however i still believe he was never the same player in the tackle after it.

Mr White
03-05-2014, 06:27 PM
you are correct, it was his knee. however i still believe he was never the same player in the tackle after it.

:agree:

He's still got something to offer at spfl level though.