PDA

View Full Version : James McPake

Diclonius
22-04-2014, 06:45 PM
He started his career as a striker.

He's just scored for the Under 20s tonight.

Collins and Hayes can't score to save their lives.

Up front with Cummings on Sunday. Why not?

Iceman1875
22-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Why not, Game on.

Sky sports understands that Hearts are going down.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2014, 06:47 PM
He started his career as a striker.

He's just scored for the Under 20s tonight.

Collins and Hayes can't score to save their lives.

Up front with Cummings on Sunday. Why not?

:jmcp:

Judas Iscariot
22-04-2014, 07:00 PM
He should start on Sunday

A 50% match fit McPake is better than a 100% match "fit" Nelson

jimmyboco1875
22-04-2014, 07:03 PM

Exact words that came out my mouth yesterday to mate

monktonharp
22-04-2014, 07:07 PM

A 50% match fit McPake is better than a 100% match "fit" Nelson I also said similar, although last week, I said 75% so I'll now go for 60%:greengrin

eggbamyasi
22-04-2014, 07:09 PM
Did he last the whole game ? I think we should start him if hes fit . Get a bit of passion in defence and I agree nelson is absolute piss .
On a totally different note . How fit is the female chelsea physio !!!! Think we need to look into signing her even just to cheer the crowd up during injury breaks in game ............

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

scuttle
22-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Would be glad to see him back....at least he has a bit of fight in him

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2014, 07:12 PM

No chance, short memory you have!

Marty-Hibee
22-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Did he last the whole game ? I think we should start him if hes fit . Get a bit of passion in defence and I agree nelson is absolute piss .
On a totally different note . How fit is the female chelsea physio !!!! Think we need to look into signing her even just to cheer the crowd up during injury breaks in game ............

By all accounts (and by all accounts, I mean Sean Murdochs twitter account), we have a decent up and coming looker of a physio. Like the rest of the u20's, she needs a call up!

eggbamyasi
22-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Noticed you really got a hate on for mcpake . I cant remember him being that horiffic for us he was superb when on loan and though he did ok when he moved . Dont get me wrong wasnt brilliant but he showed alot more commitment and fight than nelson and a little more skill with distribution . Nelson is like a 1970s division 2 centre back imo . Im not saying mcpake was amazing but tbh we need aome sort of change in cb positions and passion of some sort to push the team on and I dont know anyone else we got to do it .

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Noticed you really got a hate on for mcpake . I cant remember him being that horiffic for us he was superb when on loan and though he did ok when he moved . Dont get me wrong wasnt brilliant but he showed alot more commitment and fight than nelson and a little more skill with distribution . Nelson is like a 1970s division 2 centre back imo . Im not saying mcpake was amazing but tbh we need aome sort of change in cb positions and passion of some sort to push the team on and I dont know anyone else we got to do it .

I haven't got a hate on McPake at all, I just don't get the clamour for a player who despite playing well for us early on was pretty woeful later, the suggestion that a half fit McPake could do a job is laughable. If he's fit then can't be any worse I suppose but saying 50% fit he's better than Nelson no chance.

Thecat23
22-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Nelson has a better positional sense IMO. It's his distribution that is very poor. McPake ball watches a lot and if you watch the other CB has to cover for him.

I like James though and right now I'd play him even if he was on crutches.

Judas Iscariot
22-04-2014, 07:30 PM

Aye? No too short to remember how rank rotten Nelson is and has been since he arrived..

I'd take a 50% fit JMcP over a 100% fit Nelson any day

A one legged McPake would be quicker and have better distribution than Nelson too

Bronson
22-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Did he not also score an own goal tonight?

Would welcome him back over Nelson but only if he's 100% ready.

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Aye? No too short to remember how rank rotten Nelson is and has been since he arrived..

A one legged McPake would be quicker and have better distribution than Nelson too

:faf:Your posts are normally quite sensible too!

Ozyhibby
22-04-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm with Scouse hibee.
However after watching Forster's lack of effort for St. mirren's goals has me willing to try anything.
Maybe not against Hearts though. McPake has habit of gifting them goals.

hibsbollah
22-04-2014, 07:40 PM
McPake scoring the winner would be....

:flag::tbgwa::hibees:not worth:na na:

hibbytam
22-04-2014, 07:41 PM

But only when he's not lying on his backside, or trying to header the ball when it's knee high.

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2014, 07:43 PM

..................brilliant. Then again so would anyone scoring the winner or anyone scoring for that matter :greengrin

Billy Whizz
22-04-2014, 07:44 PM

I think he needs another game under his belt, lets not rush him back too soon, remember its October since he last played

SeanWilson
22-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Second touch is a tackle. I think half the 'wonder' challenges he put in during loan spell came about from his lack of positional discipline. Whilst Nelson has no pace whatsoever and loves a good hoof, I'd say he's the lesser of two evils here.

Elephant Stone
22-04-2014, 07:46 PM
He's a leader and I hope he's back soon, we are badly lacking a captain.

oconnors_strip
22-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Did he not also score an own goal tonight?

Would welcome him back over Nelson but only if he's 100% ready.

James was unlucky as he put out his leg to stop the free kick and the ball deflected into net, could have gone anywhere

Centre Hawf
22-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Hes humpty. But so are the rest.

The Falcon
22-04-2014, 07:53 PM

Naaahh! :greengrin

Stevie Reid
22-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Always interesting to see how attitudes towards McPake fluctuate on here, especially around derbies. When he made the statement that we would never lie down to Hearts again after the first derby at ER in 2012-13, everyone was lapping it up.

A few months later, I remember being absolutely devastated when he was out injured for the 2013 Scottish cup 4th round against them at ER. As it turns out, Hanlon and McGivern did just fine, and we went through.

Fast forward to late last year, and the League Cup quarter final, and one of the most depressing moments in my Hibs supporting life - quite a statement I know. The absolute dogs abuse and horrendous insults that were fired at our club captain (someone whose signing was apparently the deciding factor in many buying their 2012-13 season tickets), was absolutely disgusting - yes he was at fault for the goal and got sent off, but no one deserved what he got, least of all a player who always made it clear just how much being Hibs captain meant to him.

And here we are again, with some wanting him brought straight back in. There's no doubt that a fully fit McPake can be a hugely positive influence on a team, we have seen it before in a team that was as much of a basket case as this one. Regardless, even fully fit he is still fallible, and given how fragile we are as a club at the moment, I think it's too big a risk.

It would be nice if walking off to that tirade of abuse that he suffered last year wasn't his last experience of Easter Road though.

Scooter
22-04-2014, 08:16 PM
I don't know why but im a massive fan of James mcpake and would love to see him in a hibs shirt before the end of the season.

The u20's physio is Kitty forrest. And yes she's not sore on the eye

Diclonius
22-04-2014, 08:19 PM

I think I'd have a heart attack.

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Whoever wears the green shirt on Sunday will get my 100% support that's all that matters. :flag:

weonlywon6-2
22-04-2014, 08:23 PM
John rankin said on tv a few weeks ago that mcpake was a big loss to the team,i guess he should know

Stevie Reid
22-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Whoever wears the green shirt on Sunday will get my 100% support that's all that matters. :flag:

Correct. The one bonus to playing James would be that you know you have someone to whom playing for Hibs means a hell of a lot - which would make a change from what we've seen of late.

But he's been out for a very long time.

easty
22-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Was his last game the derby when he was rank rotten and sent off?

I wouldn't bring him back in.

mim
22-04-2014, 08:56 PM
If he's fit, in terms of injury, he has to play. He's our best centre half and match fitness will come in the next couple of games.

brog
22-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Always interesting to see how attitudes towards McPake fluctuate on here, especially around derbies. When he made the statement that we would never lie down to Hearts again after the first derby at ER in 2012-13, everyone was lapping it up.

A few months later, I remember being absolutely devastated when he was out injured for the 2013 Scottish cup 4th round against them at ER. As it turns out, Hanlon and McGivern did just fine, and we went through.

Fast forward to late last year, and the League Cup quarter final, and one of the most depressing moments in my Hibs supporting life - quite a statement I know. The absolute dogs abuse and horrendous insults that were fired at our club captain (someone whose signing was apparently the deciding factor in many buying their 2012-13 season tickets), was absolutely disgusting - yes he was at fault for the goal and got sent off, but no one deserved what he got, least of all a player who always made it clear just how much being Hibs captain meant to him.

And here we are again, with some wanting him brought straight back in. There's no doubt that a fully fit McPake can be a hugely positive influence on a team, we have seen it before in a team that was as much of a basket case as this one. Regardless, even fully fit he is still fallible, and given how fragile we are as a club at the moment, I think it's too big a risk.

It would be nice if walking off to that tirade of abuse that he suffered last year wasn't his last experience of Easter Road though.

You've saved me a lengthy post.:top marksFWIW I have similar feelings about Nelson. He's 34 years old, slow & poor on the ball but he was brought in as a stop gap who would have been used sparingly if all our other CH's had not been injured most of the season. We can't turn him into a top class defender but I appreciate he gives 100% in every game & unlike some more gifted players does not hide.

MrRobot
22-04-2014, 10:31 PM
I would love to see McPake return for Sunday.

Some people here seem to think Nelson is a good player cause he is 'no nonsense'. Sack that. He is just plain murder. Accepting below average players in defence(much like McGivern) is the reason out defence is terrible.

I get people may say the same applies to McPake and he isn't the answer but IMO he is a far better player than Nelson or McGivern. He at least had passion. He has also been playing with an injury most the season.

RIP Bestie
22-04-2014, 10:47 PM
He probably will play a part between now and the end of the season. The worrying thing for me is that it will only probably give him the chance to let even more people realise how p**s poor he is.

California-Hibs
23-04-2014, 01:33 AM
I've really missed James Mcpake. Yes his form was poor for a long time prior to his operation, but please don't forget how many brilliant performances he's put in for us aswel! When he first joined he was a revelation. Remember the threads in the summer where we were all desperately refreshing the page to find out if he had signed or not? There was a reason we had all that clamour for him folks.

If this operation has been successful and like others have pointed out on the u20's thread, he's moving freely now, then we should be getting Mcpake back into that defence ASAP!

:jmcp: C'mon James, lead the troops!

macd123
23-04-2014, 01:58 AM

Mcpake is a great player but suffered big time from playing with an injury. We seem to have a habit of knocking the stuffing out of decent players at the moment.

KWJ
23-04-2014, 02:24 AM

Shhh, far too sensible a post for the 2014.Net.

He's been plagued by injuries and isn't the finest footballer in the land but his heart played a bit part in keeping us up while he was on loan and we could certainly do with that again now.

Ozyhibby
23-04-2014, 06:18 AM
I would have felt better if the u20's hadn't conceded 3 goals last night. Not often they do that.

Heisenberg
23-04-2014, 08:45 AM
There's no chance I'd chuck him back in on Sunday. Surely can't be anywhere near ready to play first team football again.

jodjam
23-04-2014, 08:51 AM
I would have felt better if the u20's hadn't conceded 3 goals last night. Not often they do that.

Maybe cos they were pushing for goals to finish as high up the league as poss

erin go bragh
23-04-2014, 09:12 AM

Thought the treatment Mcpake got from so called fans was a disgrace . Guy wore his heart on his sleeve and tried to play through injections what was a horrendous back problem . If the rest of our team had the same drive and will to win that JM has ,we would not be in this position in the first place. Sunday might just be too soon for him but you never know .

Ggtth

Billy Whizz
23-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Thought the treatment Mcpake got from so called fans was a disgrace . Guy wore his heart on his sleeve and tried to play through injections what was a horrendous back problem . If the rest of our team had the same drive and will to win that JM has ,we would not be in this position in the first place. Sunday might just be too soon for him but you never know .

Ggtth

I agree
Get him fit for the Partick game a week on Saturday, will hopefully get another under 20 game next week under his belt before then

hibsbollah
23-04-2014, 09:41 AM

Ggtth

I agree. McPake is a good guy and his injury record will be a lot worse for him than it is annoying for us. A bit of sympathy/empathy wouldn't go amiss.

Pray4Marc
23-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Forget about fitness. Bring him in with 5 minutes too go, snap Tattoo man or that little diving **** Walker (career ending) go down a hibs legend. Oh and we win 3-0.

Golden Bear
23-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Forget about fitness. Bring him in with 5 minutes too go, snap Tattoo man or that little diving **** Walker (career ending) go down a hibs legend. Oh and we win 3-0.

Classy, real classy.

:rolleyes:

Pray4Marc
23-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Classy, real classy.

:rolleyes:

Would you rather he was sent off without making contact with the opposition player?(like the cup game) if you are going in like he did at least catch the opponent as you are off either way

mmmmhibby
Nelson is a carthorse, the worst CB in the SPL. Get him out the team for sunday and play mcpake(even if he's in a wheelchair).

Keith_M
The u20's physio is Kitty forrest. And yes she's not sore on the eye

Never mind McPake then, could we just get photos of this Forrest burd please :greengrin

gegs70
23-04-2014, 10:23 AM
I would like to see a different option up front though and perhaps Mcpake would be the player to.do that how many wasted crossed balls have we had....he is particularly strong in the air? It's worth trying...

ALF TUPPER
23-04-2014, 12:12 PM
I've really missed James Mcpake. Yes his form was poor for a long time prior to his operation, but please don't forget how many brilliant performances he's put in for us aswel! When he first joined he was a revelation. Remember the threads in the summer where we were all desperately refreshing the page to find out if he had signed or not? There was a reason we had all that clamour for him folks.

If this operation has been successful and like others have pointed out on the u20's thread, he's moving freely now, then we should be getting Mcpake back into that defence ASAP!

:jmcp: C'mon James, lead the troops!

Totally agree. ! C'mon Cap'n get yourself in there.
Would love to see James in there on Sunday.

Scooter
23-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Never mind McPake then, could we just get photos of this Forrest burd please :greengrin

You can find her in twitter