PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts - the worst team of the modern era.

Cabbage East
09-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Are the current Hearts team the worst team to have played top flight football in Scotland in modern times? I'd have to say yes.

Thoughts?

Sir David Gray
09-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Are the current Hearts team the worst team to have played top flight football in Scotland in modern times? I'd have to say yes.

Thoughts?

Toss up between them and Gretna to be fair.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2014, 02:30 PM

Thoughts?

Not comparable with any other team, they are being forced to play the kids every week and doing a damn good job with them all things considered don't you know.

PeeJay
09-03-2014, 02:34 PM

Thoughts?
​Difficult to agree with you really as the "worst team to have played top flight football in modern times" managed to beat us ...

Pretty Boy
09-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Those brave young warriors are in the position they are because of the totally unfair signing ban and points deduction.

If it wasn't for that deduction they would be nowhere near the bottom of the league. Err.......

GreenLake
09-03-2014, 02:57 PM

Thoughts?

I am not sure if they are the worst team of the modern era but regardless, they are going to get a lot worse in the coming years when they drop into the Lowland League after Liquidation. We would need a three headed Skacel with L finger signs to point that out if we were c**** like them.

Hibercelona
09-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Gretna of 2007 and Livingstone of 2005 were both diabolical.

Too bad there isn't one in the league this season to save them poor brave boys..... a real shame.

GGTTHibees
09-03-2014, 04:26 PM

Thoughts?

I agree, although they still have managed to beat in this season. Not confident for the away match at the end of march

weonlywon6-2
09-03-2014, 04:32 PM

Thoughts?

weak but not the worst.you dont win two derbies by being awful

Jack Hackett
09-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Winning two derbies they shouldn't have won doesnt make them any less awful....Just a wee bit fortunate. Over the course of the season, they have been dire and are going down on merit

#FromTheCapital
09-03-2014, 05:04 PM
They would be if it wasn't for Jamie Hamill.

weonlywon6-2
09-03-2014, 05:07 PM
winning two derbies they shouldnt have ,but did.
if we say they are the worst team ever they still beat us twice no matter which way you look at it

Cabbage East
09-03-2014, 05:10 PM
By that logic Celtic aren't the best team in Scotland because Aberdeen have beaten them twice this season.

Dashing Bob S
09-03-2014, 05:18 PM
One of the worst teams but definitely the worst club. (Sorry Rantic).

Jack Hackett
09-03-2014, 05:19 PM
By that logic Celtic aren't the best team in Scotland because Aberdeen have beaten them twice this season.

...and didn't we draw with them? Does that make us as good as them. This 'They're better than us, because they beat us twice crap really gets on my thrupennies. They're *****...end of

#FromTheCapital
09-03-2014, 05:28 PM
We beat Celtic the same season they beat Barca. Guess that makes us the Worlds greatest.

BS44
09-03-2014, 05:43 PM

Thoughts?

If they finish on lower points than Gretna's thirteen in 2008 then the answer is yes.

The Falcon
09-03-2014, 05:58 PM

And the Yams are played two won two against the Dons this season ergo the brave young lions are the best team in Scotland.

heretoday
09-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Not comparable with any other team, they are being forced to play the kids every week and doing a damn good job with them all things considered don't you know.

Hear hear. We've got a pretty appalling team too. It's dark days for Edinburgh football.

Maybe if we amalgamated and built a new stadium out at Straiton...... :duck:

Iggy Pope
09-03-2014, 06:45 PM
If they finish on lower points than Gretna's thirteen in 2008 then the answer is yes.

Gretna took three of those points off the Yams that year, right?

My_Wife_Camille
09-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Gretna took three of those points off the Yams that year, right?

Wrong.

They took 5 points off them!

chrisski33
09-03-2014, 08:02 PM

Thoughts?

Prob not but we aint great ourselves at the moment

PatHead
09-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Yes

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Gretna were appalling once their financial problems set in, as said above. Theirs is one of the strangest stories in football.

Iggy Pope
09-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Wrong.

They took 5 points off them!

So the worst team in the modern area were better than the most disgusting.

Seems fair to me.

Bronson
09-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Gretna of 2007 and Livingstone of 2005 were both diabolical.

Too bad there isn't one in the league this season to save them poor brave boys..... a real shame.

Livi had a cracking team a season or two before that when they won the cup and finished 3rd, strange how quickly they plummeted although financial problems was probably a huge factor.

AndyM_1875
10-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Livi had a cracking team a season or two before that when they won the cup and finished 3rd, strange how quickly they plummeted although financial problems was probably a huge factor.

Well, yes. They had a cracking team built on about £9m of debt.
They won a trophy against us whilst they were in Administration playing all their players they still couldn't afford.:agree:

I had about as much sympathy for them as I have for the Jams as both of them knew exactly what they were doing.

Gretna was different in my eyes as they should never have been allowed in the top flight in the first place. They had no compliant stadium, a handful of fans and were run like a corner shop being staffed by a lunatic throwing money around.

Bill Milne
10-03-2014, 09:05 AM
All self-inflicted, of course.

oramhibee
10-03-2014, 09:12 AM
​Difficult to agree with you really as the "worst team to have played top flight football in modern times" managed to beat us ...

More than once might I add...