PDA

View Full Version : Media No Kevin for Motherwell

J-C
06-03-2014, 03:36 PM
As it says, unlikely to get call up, another defeat coming then eh? :confused:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kevin-thomson-unlikely-to-get-hibs-call-despite-crisis-1-3330813

3pm
06-03-2014, 03:42 PM
If it is fitness based then you can't argue.

I am sure he is consistent and using the same approach he did with Alex Harris and Paul Cairney.

JimBHibees
06-03-2014, 03:42 PM
As it says, unlikely to get call up, another defeat coming then eh? :confused:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kevin-thomson-unlikely-to-get-hibs-call-despite-crisis-1-3330813

While I like him as a player I dont think his form this season, one or two games apart and just returning from injury would necessarily be the difference between winning and losing on Saturday. Motherwell have lost their last 2 away games also so we do have a chance especially if we score first.

J-C
06-03-2014, 03:47 PM
While I like him as a player I dont think his form this season, one or two games apart and just returning from injury would necessarily be the difference between winning and losing on Saturday. Motherwell have lost their last 2 away games also so we do have a chance especially if we score first.

With our injuries and bans we need all the experienced players to now step up, I know Kevin not playing won't necessarily mean a loss but it won't give us much chance of a win either.

lord bunberry
06-03-2014, 04:01 PM
It's funny how when a player is out injured and the team is doing badly people start to look for a saviour, it was Harris recently now its Thomson, we were pish when Thomson was fit, what's going to change this time?

Jim44
06-03-2014, 04:20 PM
"We’ll cobble something together, we have options and someone else will get their chance"

Hardly instills you with confidence. Butcher's language suggests, to me anyway, that he is just wishing this season away.

edinburghhibee
06-03-2014, 04:22 PM
As it says, unlikely to get call up, another defeat coming then eh? :confused: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/kevin-thomson-unlikely-to-get-hibs-call-despite-crisis-1-3330813

Aye cos having thommo in the team will guarantee victory... I've heard it all now.

weonlywon6-2
06-03-2014, 04:24 PM
"We’ll cobble something together, we have options and someone else will get their chance"

Hardly instills you with confidence. Butcher's language suggests, to me anyway, that he is just wishing this season away.

i think tb is killing time till the end of the season.

dont see many of the current faces being around next season

davhibby
06-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Can't believe how people think a totally unfit KT would do anything. It's been a weekly thing for ages now and it's getting a bit boring now. He's been injured and there's nothing that can be done about it.

truehibernian
06-03-2014, 04:38 PM

I envisage an overhaul like we've not seen in years - can see TB having a few lined up as we speak.

Billy Whizz
06-03-2014, 04:42 PM

If he's killing time, maybe he can give me back some of my season ticket money, as we have around 4 home games left

jeffers
06-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Can't believe how people think a totally unfit KT would do anything. It's been a weekly thing for ages now and it's getting a bit boring now. He's been injured and there's nothing that can be done about it.

He's played few U20 games so I don't see how you can claim he is totally unfit. If TB had the slightest intention of playing KT again imo he would at least make the bench. I just wish he'd be honest and come out and say he won't figure again. And in the meantime we can muddle on with a totally off form Liam Craig.

keep the faith
06-03-2014, 05:41 PM
He's played few U20 games so I don't see how you can claim he is totally unfit. If TB had the slightest intention of playing KT again imo he would at least make the bench. I just wish he'd be honest and come out and say he won't figure again. And in the meantime we can muddle on with a totally off form Liam Craig.

This.

silverhibee
06-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Thomson won't play for Hibs again. imo.

Golden Bear
06-03-2014, 05:52 PM

Yip - that's the way I read the situation.

Billy Whizz
06-03-2014, 05:52 PM

Why? Surely we're not giving him game time at EOS or under 20 level for no reason

Greenheart
06-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Butcher not wanting to play the best midfielder we have going down in my estimation. And not match fit he's had 2 matches got to be as fit as Craig and he is certainly better. Get a grip Tel and field the best players we have.

GreenCastle
06-03-2014, 05:57 PM
It's funny how when a player is out injured and the team is doing badly people start to look for a saviour, it was Harris recently now its Thomson, we were pish when Thomson was fit, what's going to change this time?

:agree:

KT has been injured recently but if he played recently in games he is obviously fit again or regaining his fitness. Good enough to start in midfield as we struggle for form? Did anyone watch the game he played recently for the EOS team?

He played well against Celtic earlier in the season but at times I thought he actually created us problems by dropping very deep and being too slow on the ball - often passing back or to the side.

Saying that he was called into the Scotland squad also and also is our best player at keeping the ball but how effective and useful is that to TB's plans?

If we had players in form and winning games I would say don't play him but we are getting pretty desperate and with injuries and suspensions I don't see what we have to lose.

I pray we bring in an attacking creative midfielder in summer though :agree:

truehibernian
06-03-2014, 06:00 PM

Agree mate.

hibbysam
06-03-2014, 06:44 PM

KT has been injured recently but if he played recently in games he is obviously fit again or regaining his fitness. Good enough to start in midfield as we struggle for form? Did anyone watch the game he played recently for the EOS team?

He played well against Celtic earlier in the season but at times I thought he actually created us problems by dropping very deep and being too slow on the ball - often passing back or to the side.

Saying that he was called into the Scotland squad also and also is our best player at keeping the ball but how effective and useful is that to TB's plans?

If we had players in form and winning games I would say don't play him but we are getting pretty desperate and with injuries and suspensions I don't see what we have to lose.

I pray we bring in an attacking creative midfielder in summer though :agree:

Dropped too deep against Celtic? I'd let you argue the case for a lot of games involving KT but not the Celtic game! He ran the show that day by hustling Scott brown and chasing everything down all over the middle of the park... That display showed he still had what it takes to compete at least at our level and is a far greater asset than Liam Craig in the middle of the pitch... You just have to listen to the younger players to see what KT brings to the table... IMO the best man to take Sammy Stanton under his wing and progress that boys game!

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Unfortunately I don't think TB is going to afford Thommo the same chance as Taiwo and allow him to play himself into contention.

GreenCastle
06-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Dropped too deep against Celtic? I'd let you argue the case for a lot of games involving KT but not the Celtic game! He ran the show that day by hustling Scott brown and chasing everything down all over the middle of the park... That display showed he still had what it takes to compete at least at our level and is a far greater asset than Liam Craig in the middle of the pitch... You just have to listen to the younger players to see what KT brings to the table... IMO the best man to take Sammy Stanton under his wing and progress that boys game!

Sorry maybe I didn't write that he often dropped deep under Fenlon - but your right...that game at Celtic showed the player he should be and if he played like that he would be 1st choice every week.

theonlywayisup
06-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Butcher's language suggests, to me anyway, that he is just wishing this season away.

Me too. It will probably be the golf course on Saturday afternoon instead.

silverhibee
06-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Agree mate.

Thomson declared himself fit about 4 weeks ago now but every time Butcher is asked about him he will just say that KT must do more and isn't fully fit and needs more time on the training ground, well he has had that and game time in the EOSL and Under 20s but still can't get in to a piss poor midfield, think that says it all about KT not getting in the first team, i would say TB has made up his mind about KT a while back and he is not in the managers plans and will play everyone else before KT.

Unseen work
06-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Not a single quote from butcher about Thomson in it?

Jim44
06-03-2014, 08:04 PM
The Thomson issue is NOT about health or fitness. Believe Butcher's soundbites if you want but it's definitely a personality thing. We'll find out the truth and details no doubt after Thomson moves on in the summer. He's probably not in a position to say anything just now as he will realise in hindsight that too much was said last time round.

TornadoHibby
06-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Butcher not wanting to play the best midfielder we have going down in my estimation. And not match fit he's had 2 matches got to be as fit as Craig and he is certainly better. Get a grip Tel and field the best players we have.

Rumours flying about that Thommo had some sort of bust up with MM early on in the new management team's period in charge and that, as a result, he will not play for Hibs again! :confused:

Surely this is ***** but could anyone who actually knows why our most composed football player (and we don't have many of those) can't get a game in the first team please let us all know the reason(s)?! :confused:

jeffers
06-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Rumours flying about that Thommo had some sort of bust up with MM early on in the new management team's period in charge and that, as a result, he will not play for Hibs again! :confused:

Surely this is ***** but could anyone who actually knows why our most composed football player (and we don't have many of those) can't get a game in the first team please let us all know the reason(s)?! :confused:

It's not a rumour, it happened and despite bering denied by TB imo that is the reason KT does not figure.

silverhibee
06-03-2014, 08:45 PM
The Thomson issue is NOT about health or fitness. Believe Butcher's soundbites if you want but it's definitely a personality thing. We'll find out the truth and details no doubt after Thomson moves on in the summer. He's probably not in a position to say anything just now as he will realise in hindsight that too much was said last time round.

Agree Jim, once he is away and found another club he will have his say about his 2nd spell at Hibs.

weonlywon6-2
06-03-2014, 08:53 PM
It's not a rumour, it happened and despite bering denied by TB imo that is the reason KT does not figure.

kevin thomson said in an interview it was a load of rubbish ????

truehibernian
06-03-2014, 08:58 PM

Rob Jones said in interview they were all behind John Collins......just sayin'

silverhibee
06-03-2014, 09:06 PM

Did you expect him to admit it to the press, it happened but KT and TB have said the right thing to the press by denying it, but it did take place the barny with KT and MM.

jeffers
06-03-2014, 09:19 PM

It's not. I heard it from a very good source. Ask tc23 as well. He has heard it too.

Thecat23
06-03-2014, 09:32 PM
It's not. I heard it from a very good source. Ask tc23 as well. He has heard it too.

100% true. I posted after it happened and a few shot me down. Believe me they did fall out and looks to me TB still holds a grudge of some sort as Kevin is fit! They actual argument was with MM and Butcher back him.

jeffers
06-03-2014, 09:36 PM
100% true. I posted after it happened and a few shot me down. Believe me they did fall out and looks to me TB still holds a grudge of some sort as Kevin is fit! They actual argument was with MM and Butcher back him.

Cheers F !!

Jones28
06-03-2014, 09:39 PM

Gee, gosh, player and manager rubbishing rumours of a bust up. Whatever next?

Thecat23
06-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Cheers F !!

No worries bud.

TornadoHibby
06-03-2014, 09:46 PM

I think my thinking for next season as per my PM now has more justification and substance than I had thought F.

The fact that a personality "issue" is substantial enough for the management team to deny the fans the undoubted benefit to the team of certainly it's most composed player on the books right now but probably it's most experienced and leadership material player at a time when we desperately need such a player at the heart of our team is appalling to say the least!

Or do they think they have to be seen as "not tolerating any player not accepting the party line"?!

Thecat23
06-03-2014, 09:49 PM
I think my thinking for next season as per my PM now has more justification and substance than I had thought F.

The fact that a personality "issue" is substantial enough for the management team to deny the fans the undoubted benefit to the team of certainly it's most composed player on the books right now but probably it's most experienced and leadership material player at a time when we desperately need such a player at the heart of our team!

I actually agree with you. It's nonsense how things have turned out and Butcher must surely now end this by playing him. As you say he's composed and it's what we need in my opinion.

To leave him out on a personal issue doesn't fill me with confidence either and I'm a big fan of Butcher as you know.

TornadoHibby
06-03-2014, 09:56 PM
So, if Thommo is in the stand again on Saturday when fit to play we should anticipate more of the same in terms of lack of composure, lack of fight and effort (apart from the few who have never done anything else) and lack of ability or desire to play football when space is tight!

Just the sort of encouragement then to persuade folk to renew or buy ST's anew then!!

Thecat23
06-03-2014, 10:04 PM
So, if Thommo is in the stand again on Saturday when fit to play we should anticipate more of the same in terms of lack of composure, lack of fight and effort (apart from the few who have never done anything else) and lack of ability or desire to play football when space is tight!

Just the sort of encouragement then to persuade folk to renew or buy ST's anew then!!

Sadly again can't argue with any of that R. It's hard to put a case forward to buy when we are lacking badly in leadership and entreatment. I'm hoping the players he does bring in will be good if not ER will be empty next season and it will be another year to write off.

TornadoHibby
06-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Sadly again can't argue with any of that R. It's hard to put a case forward to buy when we are lacking badly in leadership and entreatment. I'm hoping the players he does bring in will be good if not ER will be empty next season and it will be another year to write off.

I really hope I'm wrong pal but we'll soon find out on Saturday afternoon!

Oh to see some free flowing quality attacking football, quick and positive closing down of the opposition when they have possession and actually winning most home games and a decent number of away games!

I suppose that smacks of half a bottle of quite nice Merlot though after a challenging but laterally a nice family day!

See ya Saturday to see what does happen!! :greengrin

Thecat23
06-03-2014, 10:20 PM
I really hope I'm wrong pal but we'll soon find out on Saturday afternoon!

Oh to see some free flowing quality attacking football, quick and positive closing down of the opposition when they have possession and actually winning most home games and a decent number of away games!

I suppose that smacks of half a bottle of quite nice Merlot though after a challenging but laterally a nice family day!

See ya Saturday to see what does happen!! :greengrin

Haha, you may need the other half come 4:45 sat ;D see you then mate.

TornadoHibby
06-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Haha, you may need the other half come 4:45 sat ;D see you then mate.

I really hope not but it won't last till then anyway!! :greengrin

SMAXXA
06-03-2014, 10:49 PM

Dont believe everything you hear

heidtheba
06-03-2014, 10:56 PM
I'll chip in here if I may (and less of a right to an opinion as I don't attend games now for a variety of reasons - ex st holder though).

Many of us have thought/said/written about the 'something rotten at the heart of Hibs' , so many managers, so much failure. Now I admit I'm not fully aware of the situation but I'd hate to think of a player, with no managerial experience, getting involved in a spat with our management team...them being firm, showing who is boss and getting the whole playing staff to realise that they have to tow the party line and that no one person is bigger than the club. IF that's what happened then us seeing KT as a saviour because we aren't doing badly might just be a very short term fix that results in another manager not being able to fully lead/manage and run the playing staff as he sees fit.

IF that is the case then I'd back TB and want him to be backed in turn by the Petrie et al. THAT might, might help cure this constant underachievement.

Happy to be told that I'm wide of the mark and that I've read the situation incorrectly however...

jeffers
06-03-2014, 11:03 PM
Dont believe everything you hear

I don't mate, but like I said source was good and I trust TC23 and he heard the same.

ehf
06-03-2014, 11:07 PM
I'll chip in here if I may (and less of a right to an opinion as I don't attend games now for a variety of reasons - ex st holder though).

Many of us have thought/said/written about the 'something rotten at the heart of Hibs' , so many managers, so much failure. Now I admit I'm not fully aware of the situation but I'd hate to think of a player, with no managerial experience, getting involved in a spat with our management team...them being firm, showing who is boss and getting the whole playing staff to realise that they have to tow the party line and that no one person is bigger than the club. IF that's what happened then us seeing KT as a saviour because we aren't doing badly might just be a very short term fix that results in another manager not being able to fully lead/manage and run the playing staff as he sees fit.

IF that is the case then I'd back TB and want him to be backed in turn by the Petrie et al. THAT might, might help cure this constant underachievement.

Happy to be told that I'm wide of the mark and that I've read the situationtjobt incorrectly however...

Malpas is a complete nutjob. Shocking that Butcher is backing him on this to the detriment of the Club.

jeffers
06-03-2014, 11:12 PM

Happy to be told that I'm wide of the mark and that I've read the situation incorrectly however...

I agree with most of what you said and I wouldn't defend KT for what I heard happened, but surely the strength of a good manager is exactly that, being a manager. They had a bust up (I'm sure these things happen often in training) take action then move on.

hibbysam
06-03-2014, 11:13 PM

So player has an argument with assistant manager... How long does this feud be played out for? This happened months ago... Punishment surely served? He has surely showed that he takes 'no crap' by having KT on the sidelines for months! But now for the good of this club we have no leaders, no centre midfielders fit apart from Stanton and thus no experience in the middle of the park!! Butcher has made his point, it's now time to stop fannying the hibs support about and put the best side we can on the pitch! The support deserve this and that certainly must include Thomson.

Bobby's Cinema
06-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Does anyone truly believe that on ability Thomson cannot force his way into this squad? We are a mess. A bottom six mess.

jeffers
06-03-2014, 11:17 PM
So player has an argument with assistant manager... How long does this feud be played out for? This happened months ago... Punishment surely served? He has surely showed that he takes 'no crap' by having KT on the sidelines for months! But now for the good of this club we have no leaders, no centre midfielders fit apart from Stanton and thus no experience in the middle of the park!! Butcher has made his point, it's now time to stop fannying the hibs support about and put the best side we can on the pitch! The support deserve this and that certainly must include Thomson.

My thoughts entirely. I'm a big KT fan, I think given a chance he could be great player for us with the right players alongside him. When I see Liam Craig being asked to fill the role KT is suited for I question TB.

FranckSuzy
06-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Malpas is a complete nutjob. Shocking that Butcher is backing him on this to the detriment of the Club.

How do you know this?

J-C
06-03-2014, 11:35 PM
If the style of play on offer is what TB and MM are getting us to do at training, then maybe KT has a point with his argument with MM, KT obviously wants the ball played on the deck, they want it played up front as quick as possible( route one ), who's right?

Does anyone in the know have any idea if KT is well respected by the rest of the players in the dressing room, maybe his treatment by TB has had an effect on them and they're not playing for him, just a thought.

Jim44
07-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Does anyone truly believe that on ability Thomson cannot force his way into this squad? We are a mess. A bottom six mess.

My thoughts entirely. I'm a big KT fan, I think given a chance he could be great player for us with the right players alongside him. When I see Liam Craig being asked to fill the role KT is suited for I question TB.

Butcher has played his cards on the Thomson scenario and I think he has made a catastrophic error. He has hidden behind the lie that Thomson is unfit when it is common knowledge that this is nonsense. I want to back Butcher but I have serious doubts about his integrity and ability to take our club forward. He is nowhere near the Messiah figure we all thought he might be but he might get lucky and prove us bedwetters wrong. Unfortunately I don't put much faith in luck.

FRes Hibbie
07-03-2014, 01:09 AM

I very rarely go to hibs games so I don't see us being crap every week but I agree with this completely. Rightly or wrongly TB has made his feelings about KT clear, for him to play KT due to fan pressure would undermine his own position. Back the manager, no player is bigger.

Pete
07-03-2014, 04:21 AM
Butcher has played his cards on the Thomson scenario and I think he has made a catastrophic error. He has hidden behind the lie that Thomson is unfit when it is common knowledge that this is nonsense. I want to back Butcher but I have serious doubts about his integrity and ability to take our club forward. He is nowhere near the Messiah figure we all thought he might be but he might get lucky and prove us bedwetters wrong. Unfortunately I don't put much faith in luck.

How on earth can you have doubts about his integrity? He's the most honest man at the club right now and tells it like it is after every match. There isn't a manager in the world that doesn't keep selection issues to themselves.

As for all this about "luck" and the ability to take our club forward, there isn't a facepalm smiley big enough. How is finishing so high with ICT last season lucky in any way? Was it luck that they were second in the league when he left them for us?

The reason he got success was because he got time. It was nothing to do with his budget, or lack of. He got players in that bought into the plan that involved a nutjob coach and a fat scout who doubled up as a goalkeeping coach. To these players it was their way or the highway. However, if he insists that more money will enable him to achieve greater things then who are we to argue? He's quoted as saying that he's learned more in the past three years about management than he has in the previous fifteen.

Butcher is obviously a man of principles and integrity and therefore won't change his plans or way of doing things....and if that means dropping someone who doesn't fit in then that's fine by me. Nobody really knows what happened but I trust our new management team and if Thomson is frozen out for off the field stuff then that's OK. We simply play people who might be here next season and want to buy into the long term plan.

Plenty playstation managers here but they aren't privy to what actually happens in a dressing room and don't understand how egos can effect things, especially if it involves a regime change and a player who has "been places"

Say what you like about Terry and Maurice but they actually have been places and have played at the very highest level. Maybe we should trust them to deal with Pat Fenlons players in the way that's to the long term benefit of the club and the real judgements can begin when they have a chance to bring there own in.

flash
07-03-2014, 06:04 AM
I will back the manager on this one thanks.

bawheid
07-03-2014, 06:29 AM
There's a lot of dross being written on this thread.

The last time Kevin Thomson was at the club he undermined the manager time and again in order to increase his own bank balance. You could argue it destabilised the club for years. His behaviour was shocking and not befitting of a Hibernian captain.

Second time around and a new management team are a few days in the door. Thomson's now trying to call the shots at training, telling the manager's assistant that he won't be taking part in the one-touch drills that are being asked of him.

This stuff needs nipped in the bud and Butcher is spot on to empty him - best player at the club or not.

Unreal that people are questioning BUTCHER'S integrity over this issue rather than the lad that shat on Hibs time and again in the national press.

Waxy
07-03-2014, 06:35 AM
Yeh if it's a bust up we'll hear about it in his book "playing for the bears" in a few years

3pm
07-03-2014, 06:56 AM
Yeh if it's a bust up we'll hear about it in his book "playing for the bears" in a few years

That'll come after the chapter 'played for free'.

TornadoHibby
07-03-2014, 07:20 AM
I agree with most of what you said and I wouldn't defend KT for what I heard happened, but surely the strength of a good manager is exactly that, being a manager. They had a bust up (I'm sure these things happen often in training) take action then move on.

For the benefit of us who aren't "in the know" on the back stage stuff, what did you hear had happened in this case please? :confused:

For those who think that "punishing" a player for an apparent training ground disagreement (reading between the lines on this thread alone!) by making him train day by day, week by week, and refuse to play him in the first team, the team that the vast majority of the paying fans pay to watch, rather than simply pay up his contract and remove him from the club removing the risk of possible further disruption to the other players and their training etc, I have one question:-

"Why is it good longer term financial strategy for the club to refuse to play a player, widely recognised as one who would add to the quality and overall performance of the team and as a consequence, increase the match enjoyment for those that turn up week after week to watch what has been very poor for virtually six years now, odd periods of a few matches apart at least in the early part of that period, whose playing position and pedigree has been marginalised (apparently) due to a "training ground disagreement"?"

I know a lot of long serving fans, many ST holders past and present, myself included, who have had (and continue to have) the "enjoyment factor" from attending matches, hoping to see an entertaining Hibs team win more matches than it loses especially at "fortress" (something wrong with that term and I doubt if anyone would argue with that) ER, removed in a manner that will be difficult to be regenerated IMO. :confused:

If that isn't an important factor for the club to consider strategically in a material commercial way then my business acumen perhaps isn't all that I thought that it was! :confused:

Time will tell but how many more will have decided to do something else on the various days of the week and times that matches are now held, spending their cash on something from which they can get enjoyment.

Fit players who have good basic football skills allowing them to retain control and/or pass to a team mate whilst under pressure in limited space, show enthusiasm, a hard work ethic for their entire time on the pitch, follow the appropriate match strategy for the team and generally give their all will always be welcomed by the fans and that almost goes without saying. However, we are not getting that and too many mediocre teams are pulling us apart without a great deal more that hard work and high level fitness to press us into playing like a pub team with complete disregard for the midfield or trying to play football when under pressure. Nothing will be achieved by the club if that continues even for the rest of this season as it has been for the past few years including since TB and MM arrived! :confused:

SMAXXA
07-03-2014, 07:27 AM

The last time Kevin Thomson was at the club he undermined the manager time and again in order to increase his own bank balance. You could argue it destabilised the club for years. His behaviour was shocking and not befitting of a Hibernian captain.

Second time around and a new management team are a few days in the door. Thomson's now trying to call the shots at training, telling the manager's assistant that he won't be taking part in the one-touch drills that are being asked of him.

This stuff needs nipped in the bud and Butcher is spot on to empty him - best player at the club or not.

Unreal that people are questioning BUTCHER'S integrity over this issue rather than the lad that shat on Hibs time and again in the national press.

I think this is as much dross as I've read on this thread. Do you honestly label what happened away back then as destabilising the clubs for years? Despite the huge turnover in players and managers.

At no point has KT been trying to call the shots at training at any point.

SMAXXA
07-03-2014, 07:41 AM
If the style of play on offer is what TB and MM are getting us to do at training, then maybe KT has a point with his argument with MM, KT obviously wants the ball played on the deck, they want it played up front as quick as possible( route one ), who's right?

Does anyone in the know have any idea if KT is well respected by the rest of the players in the dressing room, maybe his treatment by TB has had an effect on them and they're not playing for him, just a thought.

He is very well respected by his team mates and they can't believe he's not playing

JimBHibees
07-03-2014, 08:59 AM

Please explain that comment.

JimBHibees
07-03-2014, 09:03 AM

Very good point, players and managers fall out all the time. As you say a new manager coming into his position needs to be able to show who is in charge. If it means not playing someone who doesnt tow the line and is questioning his and his staff's authority until the end of the season to show that example to the other players then c'est la vie. Kevin has also played in some of our worst games this season, Malmo and the two defeats to Hearts so lets not get carried away about how good his performances have been. As a player I like him however would every time be supporting the manager's prerogative to run the team as he sees fit. Hopefully longer term gain in this.

JimBHibees
07-03-2014, 09:05 AM

Incredible view IMO, only a few months into his reign.

JimBHibees
07-03-2014, 09:07 AM
How on earth can you have doubts about his integrity? He's the most honest man at the club right now and tells it like it is after every match. There isn't a manager in the world that doesn't keep selection issues to themselves.

As for all this about "luck" and the ability to take our club forward, there isn't a facepalm smiley big enough. How is finishing so high with ICT last season lucky in any way? Was it luck that they were second in the league when he left them for us?

The reason he got success was because he got time. It was nothing to do with his budget, or lack of. He got players in that bought into the plan that involved a nutjob coach and a fat scout who doubled up as a goalkeeping coach. To these players it was their way or the highway. However, if he insists that more money will enable him to achieve greater things then who are we to argue? He's quoted as saying that he's learned more in the past three years about management than he has in the previous fifteen.

Butcher is obviously a man of principles and integrity and therefore won't change his plans or way of doing things....and if that means dropping someone who doesn't fit in then that's fine by me. Nobody really knows what happened but I trust our new management team and if Thomson is frozen out for off the field stuff then that's OK. We simply play people who might be here next season and want to buy into the long term plan.

Plenty playstation managers here but they aren't privy to what actually happens in a dressing room and don't understand how egos can effect things, especially if it involves a regime change and a player who has "been places"

Say what you like about Terry and Maurice but they actually have been places and have played at the very highest level. Maybe we should trust them to deal with Pat Fenlons players in the way that's to the long term benefit of the club and the real judgements can begin when they have a chance to bring there own in.

Cracking post. Agree with every word.

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 09:21 AM

He is very well respected by his team mates and they can't believe he's not playing

No idea what's going on and not going to enter into speculation but fact is at some point in next few weeks if he keeps playing for under 20s and younger youth team he will be as fit as he can be without having had first team game time !and he will have shown that he is prepared to knuckle down and play at that level to try and prove he is worth a place in squad .If he doesn't get on bench for next game then speculation will start up again and think it would be in everyone's interests if T B then came out and clarified what position is .out of interest I am assuming he isn't on a paid per game type contract so it's not a financial issue .If we had continued our form of going on un beaten runs even though not playing decent football we probably wouldn't be discussing the issue as often .But we are stumbling from one game to the next tinkering with selection on week to week basis due to injuries and suspensions without finding a team that looks comfortable playing football .We know K T won't be here next season so in short term if he can do a job for us to help get results that get us sixth you would hope TB is true to his word and has an open mind .
If Craig's poor form continues and we Dont finish sixth and K T doesn't feature then we would be entitled to an explanation I feel .

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2014, 09:57 AM
There was a bust up, i was told by someone who would know and trust. Yet Thomson has played since that bust up, but been injured for quite a long period of time.

Butcher could not have played him as he's not been available to play, but he has played one or is it two under 20's games in the last week or so.

jdships
07-03-2014, 10:19 AM

Not according to my two lads at EM's
" Yes there were a few words as there are almost every day when the adrenelin is flowing but nothing in the way of a "BUST UP "

:rolleyes:

Thecat23
07-03-2014, 10:54 AM
I think if you read what I first posted you will see I said it wasn't a huge bust up at all. It was raised voices at the time when Kevin didn't agree with MM. They weren't at each other's throats but MM did think he was trying to undermine him.

Kevin is well liked by the players and staff and has worked hard to try get back in the team. Anyone who thinks TB is keeping him out through ability or fitness are wrong. TB who as you all know I've fully backed from day one should IMO play him as we aren't working as a team right now. Not saying Kevin is the answer but I do believe he's prob our best player on the ball and uses it very well.

Maybe Batcher sees this as making him an example of and he won't tolerate players questioning the management team? That's just me guessing there nothing more.

Either way the argument did happen it's been blown out of proportion and both Butcher and Kevin should be over this now.

hibbysam
07-03-2014, 11:04 AM
I think if you read what I first posted you will see I said it wasn't a huge bust up at all. It was raised voices at the time when Kevin didn't agree with MM. They weren't at each other's throats but MM did think he was trying to undermine him.

Kevin is well liked by the players and staff and has worked hard to try get back in the team. Anyone who thinks TB is keeping him out through ability or fitness are wrong. TB who as you all know I've fully backed from day one should IMO play him as we aren't working as a team right now. Not saying Kevin is the answer but I do believe he's prob our best player on the ball and uses it very well.

Maybe Batcher sees this as making him an example of and he won't tolerate players questioning the management team? That's just me guessing there nothing more.

Either way the argument did happen it's been blown out of proportion and both Butcher and Kevin should be over this now.

I agree with a lot of your post... Thomson is an exceptional player in an average team, he's not however a player that will win us games on his own as that isn't his game. He will however help us take control of games and get a grip on the ball.

Butcher could quite easily have made his point by having him out the team for say 1 month or so? Punishment would have been served and Butcher could say that showed he has authority, but to prolong this for months on end when the team is so badly needing leaders and quality players is actually quite disrespectful to the Hibs support. No player is bigger than the club but also no manager is bigger than this club either. And his own ego should not matter at all.

I also think the fact Thomson is knuckling down, playing in the u20's and EOS side shows he is over it and is willing to work to get back in the side, the fact Butcher is ignoring that is childish to say the least and lying about fitness and injuries to cover it up is again very disrespectful IMO.

Thecat23
07-03-2014, 11:20 AM
I agree with a lot of your post... Thomson is an exceptional player in an average team, he's not however a player that will win us games on his own as that isn't his game. He will however help us take control of games and get a grip on the ball.

Butcher could quite easily have made his point by having him out the team for say 1 month or so? Punishment would have been served and Butcher could say that showed he has authority, but to prolong this for months on end when the team is so badly needing leaders and quality players is actually quite disrespectful to the Hibs support. No player is bigger than the club but also no manager is bigger than this club either. And his own ego should not matter at all.

I also think the fact Thomson is knuckling down, playing in the u20's and EOS side shows he is over it and is willing to work to get back in the side, the fact Butcher is ignoring that is childish to say the least and lying about fitness and injuries to cover it up is again very disrespectful IMO.

Yeah that's what I was meaning mate. I think he can get on the ball and calm things down when we're overrun. We need new players badly though as the ones we have just aren't good enough. Really hope we get the three points tomorrow and there is every chance we can. But only if we try and compete with them in all areas of the park and not sit in.

JimBHibees
07-03-2014, 12:22 PM

How do you know he is ignoring it, not a fact at all. He may consider KT still a little short of first team fitness, who knows he may also have made the decision not to play him. He is only just back from injury so lets see what happens in the next few weeks. IMO there is lightyears between playing in the EOS league and playing SPFL.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2014, 12:31 PM
I'll be really surprised if he's not in the 18 tomorrow, considering the no of injuries/suspensions we have in midfield

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Maybe us the fans should make ourselves heard about KT not playing? He's our best and we need him in the middle of the park!

hibbysam
07-03-2014, 12:47 PM
How do you know he is ignoring it, not a fact at all. He may consider KT still a little short of first team fitness, who knows he may also have made the decision not to play him. He is only just back from injury so lets see what happens in the next few weeks. IMO there is lightyears between playing in the EOS league and playing SPFL.

The fact is we do not have any Central Midfielders fit for this weekend bar Sam Stanton. Of course there is lightyears between the two, but that's not why he is playing in that league, he played there to get another 90 minutes under his belt! In your opinion the only way to "first team fit" is to play first team football? How is he going to manage this? A lad of KT's ability and experience can walk back into the SPFL and get back up to speed, as long as he is fit which he is as he played at least 180 minutes in the past week or so. Even when we are at the bare bones he can't get into the side. Liam Craig has been horrendously gash for weeks, Robertson is out, Taiwo is out, OTJ is out, And looking through our squad I can't see one other player that can play CM.

Blaster
07-03-2014, 12:56 PM
If Thomson isn't playing tomorrow i would like to see Stevenson in beside Craig with stanton on the left and Cairney on the right.

Two up top. Haynes and Collins.

Far from ideal but where we are. Take Harris out of the firing line

jeffers
07-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Sorry just catching up on this thread and I see a few posters have asked me what I heard. Firstly it came from the neighbour of one of the first team squad. What he said was during a one touch drill KT was taking more than one touch and MM had a go at KT. He responded that that's not how played or words to that extent. Further words were exchanged and KT was sent home from training that day. What happened after that I do not know.

hibbysam
07-03-2014, 01:03 PM
If Thomson isn't playing tomorrow i would like to see Stevenson in beside Craig with stanton on the left and Cairney on the right.

Two up top. Haynes and Collins.

Far from ideal but where we are. Take Harris out of the firing line

So you would rather the one natural CM we have be moved out to the left and in his place move someone who has been consistant all year on the left?

Blaster
07-03-2014, 01:26 PM
For this game yes. Stanton can drop out of games which you expect from a young player and Stevensons work rate in the middle would help us tomorrow.

For Stanton to be in the middle we could only play one up top and tomorrow we need two i think to stop them playing out easily.

Just my opinion though. We will miss Taiwo workrate and i think Stevenson is best option to cover.

silverhibee
07-03-2014, 01:31 PM
I expect Cairney to come back in to the team tomorrow.

silverhibee
07-03-2014, 01:40 PM

Billy Whizz
07-03-2014, 01:43 PM

That's all we need

Tom Hart RIP
07-03-2014, 01:48 PM
TB says he is looking forward to seeing KT back in team.

http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2014/03/terry-butcher-keen-to-see-kevin-thomson-back-in-team/

silverhibee
07-03-2014, 02:47 PM

http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2014/03/terry-butcher-keen-to-see-kevin-thomson-back-in-team/

Why is it easier to play away from ER just now. :rolleyes:

And no Kevin for tomorrow, still not fit yet for the 1st team. :rolleyes:

J-C
07-03-2014, 03:16 PM

Says he's not the right level yet, jeezo he's played 2 full u20 games, get him on for at least 60 mins tomorrow.

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Says he's not the right level yet, jeezo he's played 2 full u20 games, get him on for at least 60 mins tomorrow.
Or 15 to 20 minutes off bench as you would normally do introducing someone back into first team after long lay off.

Mr Grieves
07-03-2014, 03:46 PM
That's all we need

We seem to get better results when Cairney is in the team.

Thecat23
07-03-2014, 04:13 PM
I fully expect to see him on the bench tomorrow. No inside info just have a hunch. Prob way off :D

JimBHibees
07-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Maybe us the fans should make ourselves heard about KT not playing? He's our best and we need him in the middle of the park!

Great idea, :rolleyes:

jdships
07-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Why don't we make the manager redundant and form a selection panel from Hibs Net Posters to pick the team on a Saturday morning :na na:

JimBHibees
07-03-2014, 04:46 PM
The fact is we do not have any Central Midfielders fit for this weekend bar Sam Stanton. Of course there is lightyears between the two, but that's not why he is playing in that league, he played there to get another 90 minutes under his belt! In your opinion the only way to "first team fit" is to play first team football? How is he going to manage this? A lad of KT's ability and experience can walk back into the SPFL and get back up to speed, as long as he is fit which he is as he played at least 180 minutes in the past week or so. Even when we are at the bare bones he can't get into the side. Liam Craig has been horrendously gash for weeks, Robertson is out, Taiwo is out, OTJ is out, And looking through our squad I can't see one other player that can play CM.

I dont think I said that. Stevenson could play centre, or put a defender such as Boateng in to play a defensive midfield role, may suit him better than at the back. Assume Craig will be there also however he has been very poor as you say. I understand the call for Thomson to be brought back however I am surprised the amount of people who appear to be siding with him over the Manager and that Butcher should somehow back down if indeed there has been a fall out. Players and managers fall out all the time and sometimes the manager prefers to not play someone if they have questioned his authority as a message to the other players. There is no doubt though that this is ok when winning when playing as poorly as against United there will be more questions asked. I like KT as a player however if he has been an erse and he has previous then can understand TB deciding not to play him also.

cmcd
07-03-2014, 04:47 PM

Well the first line of your post is true anyway As for the rest you are either TB MM or an attention seeker

sleeping giant
07-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Why don't we make the manager redundant and form a selection panel from Hibs Net Posters to pick the team on a Saturday morning :na na:

:greengrin:

jeffers
07-03-2014, 04:54 PM

No I'd far rather we continue with a hopelessly off form Liam Craig in the holding midfielder role.

bawheid
07-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Well the first line of your post is true anyway As for the rest you are either TB MM or an attention seeker

Seems my post this morning upset a few of the fan club.

Boys clearly an erse - arguing with the assistant gaffer on his first day in front of the rest of the staff. Aye, that was always going to work out well.

On top of Thomson's 'previous' the sooner he's emptied the better IMO.

How about we let the manager do his job for a change?

Ronniekirk
07-03-2014, 05:33 PM
But who would coach them how to play Hoofball.Nelson ?

cmcd
07-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Seems my post this morning upset a few of the fan club.

Boys clearly an erse - arguing with the assistant gaffer on his first day in front of the rest of the staff. Aye, that was always going to work out well.

On top of Thomson's 'previous' the sooner he's emptied the better IMO.

How about we let the manager do his job for a change?

Oh your back from school Was wondering how long it would take you to spread your poison again

bawheid
07-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Oh your back from school Was wondering how long it would take you to spread your poison again

You're :wink:

I was busy crawling back from Glasgow along the M8 on broken glass. Luckily though, my Mum doesn't need to work anymore. :aok:

truehibernian
07-03-2014, 06:37 PM

That's a magic idea - take week about, poster of the week gets the nod for selections 😀

Can we include inanimate objects like traffic cones, wheelie bins and skips ? More chance of scoring with a couple of cones up front at present !

cmcd
07-03-2014, 06:41 PM

I was busy crawling back from Glasgow along the M8 on broken glass. Luckily though, my Mum doesn't need to work anymore. :aok:

Just what is needed on here A 35year old Kid Perhaps posts will improve when you grow up

silverhibee
07-03-2014, 06:45 PM

Hope the cuts heal soon. :thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
07-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Who actually cares, we were pish with him in the team and we're still pish without him.

bawheid
07-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Just what is needed on here A 35year old Kid Perhaps posts will improve when you grow up

Is there anything in my posts that is particularly incorrect? If so, please do point it out to me.

By all accounts Thomson got into a barney with the new management team almost the minute they were in the door. The last time he was at the club he fell out with the management to such an extent that he allowed a string of offensive (to Hibernian) newspaper articles to appear in his name. Butcher is quite right to be wary, given the history.

Is any of this wrong?

bawheid
07-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Hope the cuts heal soon. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I'm only glad I wasn't physically sick. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
07-03-2014, 07:26 PM
The posts on here desperate for Katie to return symbolise the rotten softy, push over culture that stops us from ever being where we want to be.

Thomshun did all he could to leave during his first stint, willing to walk over broken glass to provide for mummy by playing, in his own words, for the "best club in the world" at Ibrox.

He then proceeds to turn into, ironically for a player hit by a number of injuries, one of the most dirty *******s I've seen on the pitch, with no problem whatsoever in cutting down players from behind.

He is a classless, dirty hun, and it is completely and utterly boak inducing to see this prick at the club, never mind pulling on the top.

The only things more boak inducing are the "please play KT :boo hoo:"posts here.

Stop sitting on the fence :greengrin

hibbysam
07-03-2014, 07:46 PM
I dont think I said that. Stevenson could play centre, or put a defender such as Boateng in to play a defensive midfield role, may suit him better than at the back. Assume Craig will be there also however he has been very poor as you say. I understand the call for Thomson to be brought back however I am surprised the amount of people who appear to be siding with him over the Manager and that Butcher should somehow back down if indeed there has been a fall out. Players and managers fall out all the time and sometimes the manager prefers to not play someone if they have questioned his authority as a message to the other players. There is no doubt though that this is ok when winning when playing as poorly as against United there will be more questions asked. I like KT as a player however if he has been an erse and he has previous then can understand TB deciding not to play him also.

Stevenson is as much a Central Midfielder as he is a Left back, He isn't. Why would we play a CB/RB at CM?

How long a punishment does the guy have to serve for Butcher to show his authority? Surely a time comes that he needs to put the good of the club before his own ego, as I'm sure 4 months is long enough punishment for Thomson. As you say players and managers fall out all the time, although I don't see any other players be out of the game for 4 months because of this. Surely part of the managers job is to manage the big players and the ones with the big ego's. I'll side with Thomson all day long though if he stood up against the style of play we are currently playing in favour of getting the ball down and finding a Hibs jersey with it.

madsen5
07-03-2014, 07:50 PM

Agree , he will replace 90% of them with his own
Type of player.

madsen5
07-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Is there anything in my posts that is particularly incorrect? If so, please do point it out to me.

By all accounts Thomson got into a barney with the new management team almost the minute they were in the door. The last time he was at the club he fell out with the management to such an extent that he allowed a string of offensive (to Hibernian) newspaper articles to appear in his name. Butcher is quite right to be wary, given the history.

Is any of this wrong?
Correct.

Waxy
07-03-2014, 09:07 PM
KT wont change us much.What wrong is the rest of the squad need to get the finger out because if they think they're a decent bunch of football players well? We'd be playing st Johnstone tomorrow if they were.

Waxy
07-03-2014, 09:10 PM
We seem to get better results when Cairney is in the team.Maybe because he tries to attack.Doesnt always come off and he's not the silkiest but the intent is there.he's a far better player than some are making out.

JimBHibees
07-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Stevenson is as much a Central Midfielder as he is a Left back, He isn't. Why would we play a CB/RB at CM?

How long a punishment does the guy have to serve for Butcher to show his authority? Surely a time comes that he needs to put the good of the club before his own ego, as I'm sure 4 months is long enough punishment for Thomson. As you say players and managers fall out all the time, although I don't see any other players be out of the game for 4 months because of this. Surely part of the managers job is to manage the big players and the ones with the big ego's. I'll side with Thomson all day long though if he stood up against the style of play we are currently playing in favour of getting the ball down and finding a Hibs jersey with it.

Lewis has played centre mid loads of times. Boating prob can, Craig can, Sam can, carney can, loads of options. Don't realty get the desperation for Kt to be rushed back, remember he has been injured so this mythical. 4 months is nonsense. One of the most important things at a club is the manager is allowed to manage, I have no idea why people are already questioning the guy who is just in the door. Let's not forget KT played Malmo and also was hardly a stand out when we lost twice to the yams. Give the guy a chance.

hibbysam
07-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Lewis has played centre mid loads of times. Boating prob can, Craig can, Sam can, carney can, loads of options. Don't realty get the desperation for Kt to be rushed back, remember he has been injured so this mythical. 4 months is nonsense. One of the most important things at a club is the manager is allowed to manage, I have no idea why people are already questioning the guy who is just in the door. Let's not forget KT played Malmo and also was hardly a stand out when we lost twice to the yams. Give the guy a chance.

I'd love to see Cairney try and play as a sitting midfielder i really would. Liam Craig has had chance after chance for weeks since the United away game and has let us down time and time again. Stanton will play but wouldn't you rather we played players in positions that they are comfortable in which would allow others to prosper in there proper positions, eg Craig further forward where his assets are actually useful?

I already said KT isn't a match winner, but he will give you the experience you need when we have zero options in the middle of the park. He does however need half decent players beside him to be extremely useful which he would have with Stanton and Craig further forward. All is my opinion but I'm certainly not happy with the dross being offered as a product these days and would rather see as many footballers in the side as possible.

ehf
08-03-2014, 12:28 AM
That's a magic idea - take week about, poster of the week gets the nod for selections 

Can we include inanimate objects like traffic cones, wheelie bins and skips ? More chance of scoring with a couple of cones up front at present !

Genuinely think if we had been doing this for the last 7 years, we would have had done better than the managerial muppets.

ehf
08-03-2014, 12:31 AM

Butcher and Malpas have made their point, but their intransigence is now seriously damaging the club.

Leishy1995
08-03-2014, 01:06 AM
We wouldn't even be having this debate every week if we had kept Matt Thornhill.

Waxy
08-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Perhaps we could be the first fan managed (not owned) club in the country.

Golden Bear
08-03-2014, 08:32 AM

Butcher and Malpas have made their point, but their intransigence is now seriously damaging the club.

Cutting off their noses to spite their faces which in turn has resulted in increasingly poor team performances and as usual it is the fans that have to suffer.

At this stage I'm willing to accept the "wisdom of their ways" and can only presume that they know exactly what they are doing.

SMAXXA
08-03-2014, 08:55 AM
I fully expect to see him on the bench tomorrow. No inside info just have a hunch. Prob way off :D

Unfortunatley your way off pal, he's not in the squad again despite being led to believe he would be this week.

Northernhibee
08-03-2014, 08:57 AM
I think people forget that KT wasn't all that earlier this season, when he joined us last season and would appear to think he is above the club and seems to fall out with every managerial team he comes across who dare to expect players to fall into line with the direction the club is going.

Dinnae want him near the team.

Billy Whizz
08-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Unfortunatley your way off pal, he's not in the squad again despite being led to believe he would be this week.

SMAXXA, not even in the 18?
Something must be going on

hibbysam
08-03-2014, 09:05 AM
I think people forget that KT wasn't all that earlier this season, when he joined us last season and would appear to think he is above the club and seems to fall out with every managerial team he comes across who dare to expect players to fall into line with the direction the club is going.

He hasn't agreed with two managers! No one has said he will make all the difference, he will however be a massive step up from Liam Craig in there when we have no options! So because we have players wanting to get the ball down and pass even if that means going against the management teams ethos we should berate them!? Isn't that what the fans want? Or are we happy to be sheep and accept anything that gets put in front of us? I'm more than happy for players to voice concerns over how the management want us to play as it is horrendous to watch and were getting humiliated by raith rovers along the way!

KT thinks he's above the club? Don't talk so much pish! He played for zilch and wants the best for hibs.

Fergos
08-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Lewis can't play centre mid.

Cairney as a sitting midfielder.

2 of my favourite quotes from this thread.......

GGTTH

cmcd
08-03-2014, 09:34 AM

Is any of this wrong?

The only people who know the truth are those within ER Posters on here only speculate and some only believe what they want to believe As for the poster who called KT a Hun B----rd KT has always been a Hibs fan and always will be AS for the people who slate him for going to Rangers One question If you had the chance to even double what you earn and make life a little better for family What would you do ? KT could have done what many others have done and said This is the only club i have ever wanted to play for Lets cut the boy a bit of slack and move on It is up to TB to decide if KT plays for the club again or not and i am willing to back his judgement

Aldo
08-03-2014, 09:40 AM

That's a shame really. I have backed TB and his decisions etc from the off but he would appear to be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Our MF is crying out for him at the moment with Craig being very very poor and TT now suspended. I cannot Phathom it and this fall out has and obviously is still in Butchers mind.

Wonder who'll be in there today? I really do hope it's not Craig cos like I say he's been very poor of late and has been like playing with 10 men. We are up against a very good well side who have won 14/14 of away games against bottom 6 teams.

Bishop Hibee
08-03-2014, 09:40 AM
He should never have been brought back and has added nothing in his time back here. Great memories of him in his first spell here but it's time for both him and Hibs to move on.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2014, 09:46 AM
That's a shame really. I have backed But her and his decisions etc from the off but he would appear to be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Our MF is crying out for him at the moment with Craig being very very poor and TT now suspended.

I cannot Phathom it and this fall out has and obviously is still in Butchers mind.

Wonder who'll be in there today? I really do hope it's not Craig cos like I say he's been very poor of late and has been like playing with 10 men.

We are up against a very good well side who have won 14/14 of away games against bottom 6 teams.

Is that you getting aggressive Aldo Talking of But her and cutting noses off . :confused: It's only a game .Why don't you stat a match game thread I have decided to go today or should I say the wife has decided she wants me out the house so she can write her Report Cards for Kids at her Primary School

Northernhibee
08-03-2014, 09:47 AM
He hasn't agreed with two managers! No one has said he will make all the difference, he will however be a massive step up from Liam Craig in there when we have no options! So because we have players wanting to get the ball down and pass even if that means going against the management teams ethos we should berate them!? Isn't that what the fans want? Or are we happy to be sheep and accept anything that gets put in front of us? I'm more than happy for players to voice concerns over how the management want us to play as it is horrendous to watch and were getting humiliated by raith rovers along the way!

KT thinks he's above the club? Don't talk so much pish! He played for zilch and wants the best for hibs.

Talking about sheep? Half of the people on here form their opinions based on which way the wind blows, I'm one of the few that will stick to their guns, popular opinion or not.

Craig is our top goalscorer and needs support which he isn't getting. I'd rather have Craig in by a long shot.

Unseen work
08-03-2014, 09:50 AM
The thought of cairney playing sitting centre midfield just made me a wee bit sick in my mouth

The_Horde
08-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Anyone thought about Butcher perhaps playing Boateng in there today?

Reckon it'll be Stanton and Craig though.

Aldo
08-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Is that you getting aggressive Aldo Talking of But her and cutting noses off . :confused: It's only a game .Why don't you stat a match game thread I have decided to go today or should I say the wife has decided she wants me out the house so she can write her Report Cards for Kids at her Primary School

Hardy har. Have changed that. Bloody predictive text.

Nah will leave that to others to do mate. Party with youngest today unfortunately. I've been volunteered.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Hardy har. Have changed that. Bloody predictive text.

Nah will leave that to others to do mate. Party with youngest today unfortunately. I've been volunteered.
Dinnae get me started on volunteers that's for another thread. enjoy the Party it will probably more exciting than the game .Don't think I will be popping many poppers in celebration today .but live in hope

bawheid
08-03-2014, 10:22 AM
AS for the people who slate him for going to Rangers One question If you had the chance to even double what you earn and make life a little better for family What would you do ?

We've been over this so many times. How much stick does Whittaker get for moving to Rangers? There are ways to go about things and what Thomson did - as Hibs captain - back then was unforgivable.

He's now arguing with a second Hibs management team. Nah, get rid ASAP.

For those that say Butcher is cutting off his nose to spite his face, no. What he's doing is showing everybody at the club who's in charge. You don't like the way we train? There's the door. It's time we all stopped being so bloody soft.

hibbysam
08-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Talking about sheep? Half of the people on here form their opinions based on which way the wind blows, I'm one of the few that will stick to their guns, popular opinion or not.

Craig is our top goalscorer and needs support which he isn't getting. I'd rather have Craig in by a long shot.

How many goals has Craig scored since being played as a sitting Central Midfielder?

I'd have Craig in the side but much further forward where he is actually pretty useful, and a lot of his goals came at the start of the season when KT was playing in behind him giving him the freedom to go forward. If you really think LC is an asset as a sitting midfielder then your miles off.

Tyler Durden
08-03-2014, 10:23 AM

I don't think anyone is claiming Thomson was amazing but was certainly no worse than others who have all been given a fair chance under Butcher.

Second part of your post is nonsense. Thomson has worked with Mowbray and Walter Smith. Strachan obviously rates his character as he had him in the Scotland squad not too long ago. Hardly the continual trouble maker.

When we are so starved of quality it seems crazy to leave him out the squad.

hibbysam
08-03-2014, 10:26 AM
I don't think anyone is claiming Thomson was amazing but was certainly no worse than others who have all been given a fair chance under Butcher.

Second part of your post is nonsense. Thomson has worked with Mowbray and Walter Smith. Strachan obviously rates his character as he had him in the Scotland squad not too long ago. Hardly the continual trouble maker.

It's surely easy to pick out the little bits in Thomson that makes him the bad guy though!

Aldo
08-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Dinnae get me started on volunteers that's for another thread. enjoy the Party it will probably more exciting than the game .Don't think I will be popping many poppers in celebration today .but live in hope

I'd rather be supping a beer but Heay ho. Will do that once I get in. Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised. Enjoy

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2014, 10:27 AM

:agree: We're a team crying out for quality.

Carheenlea
08-03-2014, 11:07 AM
If Terry Butcher is going to keep telling us how great we are as fans and how he wants as many of us as possible turning up to support the team, the least he can do for us is play his best players when fit.

Unseen work
08-03-2014, 11:08 AM
I think some people are underestimating how good Thomson was this season before his "Injury" which even managed to get him in the Scotland squad

Leishy1995
08-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Say what you like, KT is a poor mans Brian Kerr

skipster7
08-03-2014, 12:13 PM
The amount of people siding with a player over a manager defies belief ! For whatever reason Thomsons not being picked. Let the manager manage for once ffs

Hibercelona
08-03-2014, 12:31 PM
The amount of people siding with a player over a manager defies belief ! For whatever reason Thomsons not being picked. Let the manager manage for once ffs

Common sense posts don't belong in this thread. :tsk tsk:

In all seriousness though, why would anybody think that Thomson is being overlooked for no reason? Clearly there are reasons as to why he isn't featuring in games.

People need to overlook what they think they know about a player and realize that the manager deals with them almost daily.

Dashing Bob S
08-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Haven't really dipped into this thread, but can I say, I just love the title? Tell me, is Paul available for selection? What about Lewis? I'm expecting young Samuel to start.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2014, 12:37 PM

I don't think any of us are in the position to persuade Terry one way or the other, but we can come on a message board and give our opinions on certain situations.

The manager will live or die by their decisions, and thats what we ALL judge them on.

Thecat23
08-03-2014, 12:59 PM

That's mental he's still being left out. Couple of the boys thought he'd be back.

skipster7
08-03-2014, 01:29 PM
I don't think any of us are in the position to persuade Terry one way or the other, but we can come on a message board and give our opinions on certain situations.

The manager will live or die by their decisions, and thats what we ALL judge them on.
Some comments like hes cutting his nose to spite his face etc I find bizzare given our previous with "player power". I agree KT is one of our best midfielders but if it is a discipline issue there can only be one winner otherwise Butcher is wasting his time and as well away.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Some comments like hes cutting his nose to spite his face etc I find bizzare given our previous with "player power". I agree KT is one of our best midfielders but if it is a discipline issue there can only be one winner otherwise Butcher is wasting his time and as well away.

Not really sure why you'd find it bizzare, its someone's opinion. It won't make a blind bit of difference to Butcher.

Chump
08-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Anyone else heard that KT had an altercation with MM that ended up with a bit of hand bags?? Apparently the reason he is out of favour??

Apologies if it is already mentioned on this thread or elsewhere!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Anyone else heard that KT had an altercation with MM that ended up with a bit of hand bags?? Apparently the reason he is out of favour??

Yep. Been posted a few times but he has played twice for us after it happened (came on vs Partick and Celtic) but he has been injured too. It was just a few words between them both as Thomson didn't agree with something MM was doing in training I think. Nothing serious though, just a few words exchanged.

Shrekko
08-03-2014, 04:23 PM

I think its fair to say its been hinted at once or twice in the past 2 months!

sleeping giant
08-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Nae humble pie to be eaten:confused:.I like Thomson as a player and he might have made a difference today,who knows ?If im being honest there's only been a couple of games since he came back that ive thought he stood out and they were backs to the wall type games.
If whats being said is true it shouldn't matter who it is, the manager is always right. The minute a player tells the manager what to do we'd be as well going back in a time machine to 2007 and we all know how well that turned out.

Agreed !
Fully behind Butcher and if KT doesn't fit then so be it.

Heisenberg
08-03-2014, 05:08 PM
I certainly don't think he's as good as he's been made out to be when out of the team but he simply could not be any worse than Liam Craig. Guys not very good and certainly not a captain.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2014, 05:10 PM

Really, first i have heard about this? :wink:

Thecat23
08-03-2014, 05:49 PM
I certainly don't think he's as good as he's been made out to be when out of the team but he simply could not be any worse than Liam Craig. Guys not very good and certainly not a captain.

Thomson should be picked every time in front of our so called "captain" he's no world beater but we lack some real grit in the middle and Kevin offers this along with composure and he also uses the ball well. Come on Butcher get him in the starting 11 next week and let him prove his worth.

Mikey
08-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Had a quick chat with someone today who said that it's simply a fitness issue. He's nowhere near match fit at the moment.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Had a quick chat with someone today who said that it's simply a fitness issue. He's nowhere near match fit at the moment.

Aye but he should be in the team NOW. :wink:

Twiglet
08-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Did he play for the EOS team today?

Golden Bear
08-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Did he play for the EOS team today?

Not sure - but they got beat 3-2 by Kelso.

jeffers
08-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Aye but he should be in the team NOW. :wink:

How is it you get match fit again ?

Tom Hart RIP
08-03-2014, 06:33 PM
TB quoted several times as saying there was no fall out and he is looking forward to seeing KT back in the first team but he thinks he is not fit enough yet after his injury.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2014, 07:03 PM
How is it you get match fit again ?

I'd guess by playing a few games in the 21s then sub for the 1st team.

jeffers
08-03-2014, 07:07 PM
I'd guess by playing a few games in the 21s then sub for the 1st team.

My thoughts too bh. So I find it a bit puzzling why he didn't make the bench for today. I'm not suggesting starting him, but he surely could have come on for the last 10-15 minutes today.

3pm
08-03-2014, 07:20 PM
If it's anything other than fitness, Butcher can get to ****.

I very rarely make a controversial statement on here but I feel I have done my time and it's deserved! :greengrin

SMAXXA
08-03-2014, 07:38 PM
It's a case of someone coming in and saying you've got a big cock but av got an even bigger cock and it's mine that counts. He's made KT a bit if a pawn in his bit to make sure he is the head honcho rightly or wrongly.

what I know is we have a Scotland international bursting to get a game and is going to have to work a lot harder than Taiwo for an example (what a return from the wilderness that was in such a short period of time) to get back in the fold.

personally I think it's a ****ing joke, to the extent av been told first hand by u20 players that KT has taken unduly stick at half time (UTD at Airdrie).

He will be away but butcher and Malpas are being total old school fannies about he whole situation in my opinion.

Winston Ingram
08-03-2014, 07:44 PM

I very rarely make a controversial statement on here but I feel I have done my time and it's deserved! :greengrin

This:agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-03-2014, 07:45 PM

Seconded.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2014, 07:59 PM
I'd rather be supping a beer but Heay ho. Will do that once I get in. Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised. Enjoy
I actually was pleasantly surprised Really don't think we should of lost that game .heff when he came on showed what holding the ball up and controlling it is all about and neither Hayes or Collins looked capable of scoring the goal Heff took .If only he had pace .glad to see Terry berate defending and say we will be working on taking and defending throw ins .There are Pigeons and there are Statues and when it comes to throw in s we are statues .
Cairney for all his faults defo gives us something going forward and when he went off and handling came on they got more space on that flank and for the equaliser that's where it started How never put in a tackle and then didn't clear it when it was in box I will never know .There second was like taking candy off child at birthday party .We just can't play like that .But still we had enough chances to bury them and were on top for most of the game .

Aldo
08-03-2014, 08:01 PM
I actually was pleasantly surprised Really don't think we should of lost that game .heff when he came on showed what holding the ball up and controlling it is all about and neither Hayes or Collins looked capable of scoring the goal Heff took .If only he had pace .glad to see Terry berate defending and say we will be working on taking and defending throw ins .There are Pigeons and there are Statues and when it comes to throw in s we are statues . Cairney for all his faults defo gives us something going forward and when he went off and handling came on they got more space on that flank and for the equaliser that's where it started How never put in a tackle and then didn't clear it when it was in box I will never know .There second was like taking candy off child at birthday party .We just can't play like that .But still we had enough chances to bury them and were on top for most of the game .

Glad you enjoyed it mate.

Jonnyboy
08-03-2014, 08:03 PM
I actually was pleasantly surprised Really don't think we should of lost that game .heff when he came on showed what holding the ball up and controlling it is all about and neither Hayes or Collins looked capable of scoring the goal Heff took .If only he had pace .glad to see Terry berate defending and say we will be working on taking and defending throw ins .There are Pigeons and there are Statues and when it comes to throw in s we are statues .
Cairney for all his faults defo gives us something going forward and when he went off and handling came on they got more space on that flank and for the equaliser that's where it started How never put in a tackle and then didn't clear it when it was in box I will never know .There second was like taking candy off child at birthday party .We just can't play like that .But still we had enough chances to bury them and were on top for most of the game .

Not before bloody time too :agree:

Their second goal summed Nelson up. When square on to a forward he turns into Nelson's Column

h1bs4life
08-03-2014, 08:06 PM
It's a case of someone coming in and saying you've got a big cock but av got an even bigger cock and it's mine that counts. He's made KT a bit if a pawn in his bit to make sure he is the head honcho rightly or wrongly.

what I know is we have a Scotland international bursting to get a game and is going to have to work a lot harder than Taiwo for an example (what a return from the wilderness that was in such a short period of time) to get back in the fold.

personally I think it's a ****ing joke, to the extent av been told first hand by u20 players that KT has taken unduly stick at half time (UTD at Airdrie).

He will be away but butcher and Malpas are being total old school fannies about he whole situation in my opinion.

Got disagree , seen every home game and home and away cup tie Thomson has played since he came back and must have missed all the outstanding performances , good on the guy for coming back to play for nothing last season but did nothing to justify a contract this season. Sounds like he has been acting a fanny , for years we have been needing a manager at Easter Road to sort out the players. Seen Caldwell's disgraceful performance 1st hand at Ross County, was 100% Butcher and Malpass then how they dealt with him, 100% behind them with Thomson as well.

SMAXXA
08-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Got disagree , seen every home game and home and away cup tie Thomson has played since he came back and must have missed all the outstanding performances , good on the guy for coming back to play for nothing last season but did nothing to justify a contract this season. Sounds like he has been acting a fanny , for years we have been needing a manager at Easter Road to sort out the players. Seen Caldwell's disgraceful performance 1st hand at Ross County, was 100% Butcher and Malpass then how they dealt with him, 100% behind them with Thomson as well.

It's not a case of disagreeing in telling you how it is at the moment, granted it may prove the right thing in the long term if it helps butchers cause.

agree I wa pleased with the handling of the Caldwell situation but this isn'tcomparable.

Dashing Bob S
08-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Here's my take on the Thomson affair: loved him in his first spell at Hibs, and when he left under that cloud it didn't particularly bother me. It was just a daft young guy being influenced by journo's and agents to play to the partisan gallery of bigots in the way all new signings at Rantic feel compelled to do.

So I was delighted to see him return to ER.

That said, his comeback spell has been massively underwhelming. Injuries have clearly robbed him of any pace he had, and in this current SPL, that just doesn't go. I'm glad TB/MM are getting rid of him and building the side around a different premise. We need a holding player who can slow things down in front of the back of the back four in this system like we need a hole in the head.

KT won't be part of our line up again, it's time to get used to that and move on. I think his SPL level days are possibly numbered, he's certainly no longer a top six player.

TornadoHibby
08-03-2014, 08:22 PM

I very make a controversial statement on here but I feel I have done my time and it's deserved! :greengrin

Seconded.

Thirded!! :agree:

I guess it's all about opinions mate and I don't agree with any of yours on this post! :confused:

Out of interest do you think that Thomson would have improved our team today? :confused:

Furthermore, do you know the FACTS of the current "MM/KT" "disagreement" allegedly being the reason for KT's prolonged absence from the first team squad on match days?

If so, can you please share with those unenlightened members of this MB please? :confused:

The story does seem to have some strongish legs to it and is being passed on by those that do seem to have the ear of those that might be present at times like this story alludes to!!

Ronniekirk
08-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Not before bloody time too :agree:

Their second goal summed Nelson up. When square on to a forward he turns into Nelson's Column

Will keep an eye out for that at next game .But agree he is not a Patch on some other defenders .On to Victory in next game .

jeffers
08-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Here's my take on the Thomson affair: loved him in his first spell at Hibs, and when he left under that cloud it didn't particularly bother me. It was just a daft young guy being influenced by journo's and agents to play to the partisan gallery of bigots in the way all new signings at Rantic feel compelled to do.

So I was delighted to see him return to ER.

That said, his comeback spell has been massively underwhelming. Injuries have clearly robbed him of any pace he had, and in this current SPL, that just doesn't go. I'm glad TB/MM are getting rid of him and building the side around a different premise. We need a holding player who can slow things down in front of the back of the back four in this system like we need a hole in the head.

KT won't be part of our line up again, it's time to get used to that and move on. I think his SPL level days are possibly numbered, he's certainly no longer a top six player.
Sorry Bob but disagree. He's not done it often enough but the 1st home game against Celtic he bossed the current Scotland captain. Proved to me he still has it.

Jonnyboy
08-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Sorry Bob but disagree. He's not done it often enough but the 1st home game against Celtic he bossed the current Scotland captain. Proved to me he still has it.

Maybe if he faced his pal every week and felt he had a point to prove?

I'm kinda ambivalent about the KT thing now. Regardless of the view we have as fans it's down to the manager to manage. Some on here decry TB for how he's handled this fall out that may or may not have happened. Personally I think we have bigger problems than KTgate

h1bs4life
08-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Thirded!! :agree:

I guess it's all about opinions mate and I don't agree with any of yours on this post! :confused:

Out of interest do you think that Thomson would have improved our team today? :confused:

Furthermore, do you know the FACTS of the current "MM/KT" "disagreement" allegedly being the reason for KT's prolonged absence from the first team squad on match days?

If so, can you please share with those unenlightened members of this MB please? :confused:

The story does seem to have some strongish legs to it and is being passed on by those that do seem to have the ear of those that might be present at times like this story alludes to!!

It is all about oponions mate , seems to be enough people know what happened between MM/KT. Kevin Thomson 1st time at Hibs definitely, would have improved the team today ,not sure now ,what is obvious through out the whole team is a lack of pace. Its not just Thomson or Caldwell any player that undermines the management can do one as far i am concerned.

Dashing Bob S
08-03-2014, 09:07 PM

Decent point, well made. I think he finds it a lot easier when we're expected to defend and he can sit in front of the back four. But I believe this sort of game can only really work against Celtic. With other clubs in the SPL we need to be more ambitious and attack minded if we are to get back to a top four position. I think KT is unsuited for this type of quicker, more expansive game as he slows play down.

SMAXXA
08-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Decent point, well made. I think he finds it a lot easier when we're expected to defend and he can sit in front of the back four. But I believe this sort of game can only really work against Celtic. With other clubs in the SPL we need to be more ambitious and attack minded if we are to get back to a top four position. I think KT is unsuited for this type of quicker, more expansive game as he slows play down.

The slowing down comment is growing arms and legs now IMO, how anyone can say he slows the game down any more than any of The other midfielders needs a word. It's not like we have dynamic quick moving midfielders, Taiwo Craig and Tudor jones couldn't move a ***** from there erse never mind say they are more adapt to the butcher type of play. Which is what I'm still asking myself.

jeffers
08-03-2014, 09:22 PM
The slowing down comment is growing arms and legs now IMO, how anyone can say he slows the game down any more than any of The other midfielders needs a word. It's not like we have dynamic quick moving midfielders, Taiwo Craig and Tudor jones couldn't move a ***** from there erse never mind say they are more adapt to the butcher type of play. Which is what I'm still asking myself.

Totally agree. And sorry Bob disagree again. IMO he looks to keep possession rather than losing it. You could argue Nelson doesn't slow the game down, cos he gets the ball forward quickly but how often does it go straight to the opposition.

jeffers
08-03-2014, 09:26 PM
SMAXXA, do you know if KT has been injured all the time he has been excluded ? I thought, maybe I'm wrong, that you posted weeks ago that when asked why he wasn't playing he said he didn't know, ask TB ?

Jonnyboy
08-03-2014, 09:37 PM

I think there's some confusion re the slowing down suggestion. It's not that KT slows the game down so much as the game slowing because the other midfielders always try to give him the ball when a forward pass might be more rewarding. Or, I could just be talking p!sh :greengrin

J-C
09-03-2014, 09:20 AM
I think there's some confusion re the slowing down suggestion. It's not that KT slows the game down so much as the game slowing because the other midfielders always try to give him the ball when a forward pass might be more rewarding. Or, I could just be talking p!sh :greengrin

The game slowed when Kevin had the ball because at the time our midfield was non existent, we missed Harris and Cairney out wide, with Stevenson stuck at RB, so there was zero option for any forward passes, add the even slower Taiwo/OTJ and you have a team going nowhere.

SMAXXA
09-03-2014, 09:29 AM
SMAXXA, do you know if KT has been injured all the time he has been excluded ? I thought, maybe I'm wrong, that you posted weeks ago that when asked why he wasn't playing he said he didn't know, ask TB ?

Hes been fit for the last 3 weeks or so but before this was carrying a slight injury. What I find strange is TB tells KT he's wanting him back in the team yet he's not selected in the squad again, and the likes if Maybury is included. I can understand if we needed maybury as cover but we don't, boateng is also on the bench so theirs your cover.

SMAXXA
09-03-2014, 09:50 AM
The game slowed when Kevin had the ball because at the time our midfield was non existent, we missed Harris and Cairney out wide, with Stevenson stuck at RB, so there was zero option for any forward passes, add the even slower Taiwo/OTJ and you have a team going nowhere.

Agree with this :agree:

Leishy1995
09-03-2014, 10:05 AM
The fact Rangers fans have told me he's their all time favourite player and are jealous we have him speaks wonders.

I can't see how anyone can say Liam Craig is doing more fit this side than him.

Injury keeping a boy out is fine, the managers being complete fannies is not.

blackpoolhibs
09-03-2014, 10:08 AM
My thoughts too bh. So I find it a bit puzzling why he didn't make the bench for today. I'm not suggesting starting him, but he surely could have come on for the last 10-15 minutes today.

He's been out a long time, and i'n no expert but perhaps his fitness is not good enough for the subs bench yet?

Butcher would know this though, and since the bust up he has played him, my guess is its a fitness issue, and he will be back in the squad very soon.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Surely there's not a Rangers* fan in the universe that would place KT above Laudrup in their list of all time favourites?!?lol Unless they watched all of Laudrup's games with their eyes shut?!
Tbh he might well end up back at Rangers*. Probably be a star for them as well.

*The Rangers

Leishy1995
09-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Surely there's not a Rangers* fan in the universe that would place KT above Laudrup in their list of all time favourites?!?lol Unless they watched all of Laudrup's games with their eyes shut?!

*The Rangers

I'm 19 and most of my friends woulda been a bit young to remember laudrup, but I get what you're saying.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Fair enough mate

truehibernian
09-03-2014, 10:54 AM

*The Rangers

Brian Laudrup had too much style, elegance and grace for that utterly rancid football club - absolutely fantastic football player, best I've seen over four decades. A joy to watch regardless of what team folk supported.

Him, Larsson and Sauzee brought real 'world' class to our league.

jeffers
09-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Hes been fit for the last 3 weeks or so but before this was carrying a slight injury. What I find strange is TB tells KT he's wanting him back in the team yet he's not selected in the squad again, and the likes if Maybury is included. I can understand if we needed maybury as cover but we don't, boateng is also on the bench so theirs your cover.

Thanks for that.

--------
09-03-2014, 10:47 PM

Intransigence?

Butcher's the manager, and Malpas is the team coach. They've been in post just over 4 months, and the verdict of the wise ones on this forum is that they don't know their job because they won't put Thomson in the team.

It's appalling, I know - a few "consultants" (that's unpaid advisers with a very limited knowledge of all the circumsatnces) decide that Thomson's the answer to all our problems on the pitch and say so on this forum, yet the manager and chief coach (who DO know all the circumstances) don't immediately jump to do the bidding of the wise ones. And that's "intransigence".

I despair. I really do.

I think they have made a mistake about Thomson - the mistake of not punting him out of the club for once and for all when the announcement was made that he wasn't in the long-term plan and was free to find another club.

Thomson's training and keeping fit, taking a wage for doing nothing, and still around. He has previous - the last time he found himself in disagreement with a manager at ER he threw a hissy and caused all sorts of trouble.

I'd really like to know exactly what he's been up to since Christmas, because I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

ehf
09-03-2014, 10:56 PM
Intransigence?

Butcher's the manager, and Malpas is the team coach. They've been in post just over 4 months, and the verdict of the wise ones on this forum is that they don't know their job because they won't put Thomson in the team.

It's appalling, I know - a few "consultants" (that's unpaid advisers with a very limited knowledge of all the circumsatnces) decide that Thomson's the answer to all our problems on the pitch and say so on this forum, yet the manager and chief coach (who DO know all the circumstances) don't immediately jump to do the bidding of the wise ones. And that's "intransigence".

I despair. I really do.

I think they have made a mistake about Thomson - the mistake of not punting him out of the club for once and for all when the announcement was made that he wasn't in the long-term plan and was free to find another club.

Thomson's training and keeping fit, taking a wage for doing nothing, and still around. He has previous - the last time he found himself in disagreement with a manager at ER he threw a hissy and caused all sorts of trouble.

I'd really like to know exactly what he's been up to since Christmas, because I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Dearie me...

Ronniekirk
10-03-2014, 06:40 AM
Intransigence?

I despair. I really do.

You state he has previous .,you are making it sound like he is a criminal .The only questions should be can he come in and apply himself ,play to way management team want and is he better than what we have already if the answer is yes he should be played ,if it's no he shouldn't .End of

kentao
10-03-2014, 07:11 AM
Id rather have a half fit thompson than a fully fit craig in my team. Hes dire at the moment.

SMAXXA
10-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Dearie me...

Seconded

jeffers
10-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Intransigence?

I despair. I really do.

What a load of utter crap.

I'm not claiming KT is the answer to all our problems and I don't remember reading anyone else saying as much but when you have Liam Craig hopelessy off form in the position KT is ideally suited for I think it's perfectly understandable posters are questioning TB & MM. Especially when TB is saying he wants him back, but yet despite being fit enough the past 3 weeks (see SMAXXA's post earlier) he doesn't make the bench. Then add into the mix Tom Taiwo being told he can find another club and going on to be arguably our best midfielder in his last few games I think it is perfectly justified in querying some of the decisions made by our management team.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-03-2014, 03:05 PM
KT not in squad again for Inverness again. Will be playing for Under 20s.

patlowe
10-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Although I feel his contribution to that side was slightly overrated at the time and since, I don't remember anyone complaining that KT slowed the play down much during the Mowbray era. His best years are clearly behind him and I'm by no means his biggest fan but I just cannot understand why you wouldn't want someone with his ability and experience in the team right now. Are we saying that Butcher came in and decided straight away that KT was a lost cause, who could not be coached into playing in his preferred style? I just don't buy this and have to suspect that something else is going on behind closed doors.

What does 'slowing the game down' actually mean anyway? If playing quickly means Admiral Nelson's 50 yard Hail Mary to nobody or Liam Craig's touch and hook over the head and hope for the best punt then give me someone who can slow the game down any day of the week.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2014, 03:30 PM
KT not in squad again for Inverness again. Will be playing for Under 20s.

Would expect to see Zoubir playing too

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Would expect to see Zoubir playing too

For the 20's?

JimBHibees
10-03-2014, 03:56 PM

I'm not claiming KT is the answer to all our problems and I don't remember reading anyone else saying as much but when you have Liam Craig hopelessy off form in the position KT is ideally suited for I think it's perfectly understandable posters are questioning TB & MM. Especially when TB is saying he wants him back, but yet despite being fit enough the past 3 weeks (see SMAXXA's post earlier) he doesn't make the bench. Then add into the mix Tom Taiwo being told he can find another club and going on to be arguably our best midfielder in his last few games I think it is perfectly justified in querying some of the decisions made by our management team.

No it isnt utter crap. How about supporting the management of the team rather than taking the side of a player who probably has a higher regard for himself than his form with this team would justify. I will say it again KT was playing when we got humiliated by Malmo and lost to the yams under 18s twice. He isnt the panacea for all ills. Sometimes in management you need to make and stand by difficult decisions. If KT has openly questioned the management of the team then why should TB and MM go out of their way to bring him straight back in from injury. Sometimes the longer term good of the group is more important than backing down to someone who isnt slow to moan when things arent going his way.

As it is this season is gone and we need to see what others can do which can hopefully make us a better team next season. A bit of patience with the new management team would go along way to making their job a little bit easier. Too many folk all too happy to put the boot in.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2014, 03:59 PM
For the 20's?

Would have thought more than likely. Not played for the 1st team for a while, so would have thought he would be one of the overage players who needs match practice. I'm not in the know, only speculating.

--------
10-03-2014, 04:03 PM

Well there's something going on more than you or I know, IMO.

jeffers
10-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Well there's something going on more than you or I know, IMO.

I think that's the point Doddie, and it's why quite a few of us are questioning his continued exclusion.

jacomo
10-03-2014, 04:24 PM

I thought it was because Katie has the power to slow time down

jeffers
10-03-2014, 04:27 PM
No it isnt utter crap. How about supporting the management of the team rather than taking the side of a player who probably has a higher regard for himself than his form with this team would justify. I will say it again KT was playing when we got humiliated by Malmo and lost to the yams under 18s twice. He isnt the panacea for all ills. Sometimes in management you need to make and stand by difficult decisions. If KT has openly questioned the management of the team then why should TB and MM go out of their way to bring him straight back in from injury. Sometimes the longer term good of the group is more important than backing down to someone who isnt slow to moan when things arent going his way.

As it is this season is gone and we need to see what others can do which can hopefully make us a better team next season. A bit of patience with the new management team would go along way to making their job a little bit easier. Too many folk all too happy to put the boot in.

OK, since we are repeating ourselves on this thread here goes:

Part of being a good manager is doing exactly that, managing players. Anyone who has heard the story has heard the bust up was not a major one, it was a disagreement, the type of thing I'd imagine is not uncommon at training.

TB says he is looking forward to him coming back, but despite being fit continues to be excluded from match day squads.

TB writes off Tom Taiwo, selects him then claims he was our best player.

I don't believe KT is the answer to all our prayers, but he's a far better option than LC in a holding midfield role.

Going by your logic if the hearts and malmo results are a guage there are a number of players who shouldn't be figuring.

It's not about supporting KT over the management team, it's about questioning decisions that imo are hard to fathom, especially when the football we are watching is no better than it was under PF.

JimBHibees
10-03-2014, 04:40 PM
OK, since we are repeating ourselves on this thread here goes:

Part of being a good manager is doing exactly that, managing players. Anyone who has heard the story has heard the bust up was not a major one, it was a disagreement, the type of thing I'd imagine is not uncommon at training.

TB says he is looking forward to him coming back, but despite being fit continues to be excluded from match day squads.

TB writes off Tom Taiwo, selects him then claims he was our best player.

I don't believe KT is the answer to all our prayers, but he's a far better option than LC in a holding midfield role.

Going by your logic if the hearts and malmo results are a guage there are a number of players who shouldn't be figuring.

It's not about supporting KT over the management team, it's about questioning decisions that imo are hard to fathom, especially when the football we are watching is no better than it was under PF.

Fair enough lets leave it. I dont understand the hard to fathom bit though. He will say he is managing the players and the group for the betterment longer term of the team.

jeffers
10-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Fair enough lets leave it. I dont understand the hard to fathom bit though. He will say he is managing the players and the group for the betterment longer term of the team.

Fair enough Jim. It would be boring if we all thought the same way. The hard to fathom bit is Liam Craig hopelessly off form continually playing as a holding midfielder.

Cheers.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Would have thought more than likely. Not played for the 1st team for a while, so would have thought he would be one of the overage players who needs match practice. I'm not in the know, only speculating.

I agree mate. Defo needs games in u20's.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Fair enough Jim. It would be boring if we all thought the same way. The hard to fathom bit is Liam Craig hopelessly off form continually playing as a holding midfielder.

Cheers.

:agree: Do you think TB is only playing him there until the end of the season and when the new season starts we will see him in his more preffered attacking role? Or, do you think he is trying to convert him into a CDM for next season? Too me it is like TB is trying to make him as versatile at Foran an ICT and it's not working whatsoever.

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2014, 04:55 PM
I think we'd have lost that game had KT played. Our attacks would have been slowed down even further and have been even more predictable. And less frequent.

jeffers
10-03-2014, 05:01 PM
:agree: Do you think TB is only playing him there until the end of the season and when the new season starts we will see him in his more preffered attacking role? Or, do you think he is trying to convert him into a CDM for next season? Too me it is like TB is trying to make him as versatile at Foran an ICT and it's not working whatsoever.

I wish I knew BMD, but whatever his intentions it clearly isn't working. LC is the first real goal scoring midfielder we have had at the club in a long time, but at the moment he is a total passenger.

BroxburnHibee
10-03-2014, 05:12 PM
It's amazing how many of Kevins pals have got logins on here. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
10-03-2014, 05:25 PM
I thought it was because Katie has the power to slow time down

If he was actually slowing down time itself, wouldn't he appear to be moving faster rather than slower? :hmmm:

3pm
10-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Whoever started the 'slowing it down' stuff must be pishin theirself laughing.

silverhibee
10-03-2014, 06:07 PM
It's amazing how many of Kevins pals have got logins on here. :greengrin

Thommo to his real pals. :wink: :greengrin

3pm
10-03-2014, 06:09 PM

Alright SH? Hiya Kevin! :o)

truehibernian
10-03-2014, 06:09 PM

Oi you, why wasn't Deeks playing at the weekend ? Injured ?

Hope he gets a run of games bud.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-03-2014, 07:34 PM

Injured...

silverhibee
10-03-2014, 08:22 PM

Yeah, nursing a knock.

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Yeah, nursing a knock.

So he hasn't argued with the coach and stormed off in the huff then? Not Thommo class :greengrin

silverhibee
10-03-2014, 08:50 PM
So he hasn't argued with the coach and stormed off in the huff then? Not Thommo class :greengrin

Derek has no problem with one touch football and as you no he likes to get the ball forward quickly and not slow things down. :greengrin

You are allowed 4 touches at Alloa. :tee hee:

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Derek has no problem with one touch football and as you no he likes to get the ball forward quickly and not slow things down. :greengrin

:faf:

What's he saying about their pitch? :wink:

SMAXXA
10-03-2014, 09:04 PM

Deeks would crawl over broken methadone bottles to get to alloa tho :wink:

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Deeks would crawl over broken methadone bottles to get to allow tho :wink:

Ah the curse of predictive text strikes again :greengrin

SMAXXA
10-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Ah the curse of predictive text strikes again :greengrin

Dammm :greengrin

silverhibee
10-03-2014, 09:37 PM
:faf:

What's he saying about their pitch? :wink:

It's 3G, he still moans about it though. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
10-03-2014, 09:52 PM
It's 3G, he still moans about it though. :greengrin

:greengrin

keep the faith
13-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Watmore was rushed back from injury last night yet it seems Terry wants KT to play endless u20 games to reach match fitness. He's the boss, but it does seem inconsistent to me. Hints at match fitness not being the issue IMO.

The Sea-gull
13-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Not saying they have but even the people with the rosiest gardens could surely not claim to be surprised to see the following sort of article appear in the Daily Record on a quiet news day over the summer:-

BUTCHERED: TERRY HUNG ME OUT TO DRY THEN LEFT ME IN COLD STORAGE SAYS MIDFIELD ACE KEVIN

Exclusive by Keith Jackson

Midfield dynamo Kevin Thomson today lifted the lid on six months of hell at Hibs after Terry Butcher banished him from the first team following a bust up soon after the former England captain took charge of the Easter Road outfit last November. Ex-Rangers and Scotland ace Thommo was forced to train with and play for the under 20s while he saw out the remainder of his contract. The midfield power-house could have left in January but wanted to stay and fight for his place at the club he loves even though he knew deep down he was fighting a losing battle with the former Inverness boss. CONTINUED ON PAGE 39.

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Not saying they have but even the people with the rosiest gardens could surely not claim to be surprised to see the following sort of article appear in the Daily Record on a quiet news day over the summer:-

BUTCHERED: TERRY HUNG ME OUT TO DRY THEN LEFT ME IN COLD STORAGE SAYS MIDFIELD ACE KEVIN

Exclusive by Keith Jackson

Midfield dynamo Kevin Thomson today lifted the lid on six months of hell at Hibs after Terry Butcher banished him from the first team following a bust up soon after the former England captain took charge of the Easter Road outfit last November. Ex-Rangers and Scotland ace Thommo was forced to train with and play for the under 20s while he saw out the remainder of his contract. The midfield power-house could have left in January but wanted to stay and fight for his place at the club he loves even though he knew deep down he was fighting a losing battle with the former Inverness boss. CONTINUED ON PAGE 39.

6 months of hell, :faf: i wonder if it made him feel physically sick? :rolleyes:

The Sea-gull
13-03-2014, 01:13 PM
6 months of hell, :faf: i wonder if it made him feel physically sick? :rolleyes:

That bit will be covered on page 39 with KT sitting in a nice leather armchair in his poor struggling mum's conservatory at her 5 bed house just outside Peebles.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-03-2014, 01:17 PM
I see KT is doing a wee bit coaching at Edinburgh City.

SMAXXA
13-03-2014, 04:45 PM
I see KT is doing a wee bit coaching at Edinburgh City.

Edinburgh United, junior team