PDA

View Full Version : Player you would like to see at ER

shetlandhibee
03-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Butcher will bring in his own players and there will be a lot of players leaving this summer. Who do you think should leave and who should he bring in? Also which area do we need to strengthen?

i think we need to get sell of James Collins, Paul heffernan, Alan maybury, Ross Caldwell, Danny Handling. And stop the loans of Zoubir possibly Boateng and maybe Haynes.

and bring in: Paul Paton, Michael O'Halloran, Cameron Smith, Nicky Riley/Watmore.

Williams

foster
(New centre back)
Hanlon
(someone from youth academy)

O'Halloran/watmore
Paton
Thomson
Stanton

Riley

Smith

this just a suggestion

SteveHFC
03-03-2014, 01:11 PM
New GK

Forster
New CB
Hanlon
New LB

New RM
Stanton
New CM
Harris

Haynes
New Striker

ehf
03-03-2014, 01:17 PM
The real Liam Craig.

Paloschi
03-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Kenny McLean
Graham Carey
Lyle Taylor
Kallum Higginbotham
Aaron-Taylor Sinclair
Blair Alston
Craig Sibbald
Henri Anier

The Sea-gull
03-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Keep Hanlon, Forster, Craig, Robertson, Harris, Stanton and Stevenson (as a squad player).

Not bothered about the rest but they won't all go due to contracts. Any who are out of contract at end of season should not be offered a new deal as we need all the money we can get to fund new signings

We should sign a GK, RB, LB, centre half, a winger, a defensive mid, a creative mid and two strikers. That would be 9 new players but I can''t see us getting that many though to make an impact we need 6 firxt XI ready players to come in. To make up the squad we'll have whoever we can't get rid of from the group I mention in the second paragraph and get any promising young players promted to the first team.

mmmmhibby
03-03-2014, 01:40 PM
The lad Darren Mcgregor at St Mirren has impressed me whenever he plays. He's a good Centre half.

mmmmhibby
03-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Keep Hanlon, Forster, Craig, Robertson, Harris, Stanton and Stevenson (as a squad player).

Not bothered about the rest but they won't all go due to contracts. Any who are out of contract at end of season should not be offered a new deal as we need all the money we can get to fund new signings

We should sign a GK, RB, LB, centre half, a winger, a defensive mid, a creative mid and two strikers. That would be 9 new players but I can''t see us getting that many though to make an impact we need 6 firxt XI ready players to come in. To make up the squad we'll have whoever we can't get rid of from the group I mention in the second paragraph and get any promising young players promted to the first team.

We need to move on, he should be shown the door like many others. The just cant cut it, simples!!!

Mikey09
03-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Won't matter who TB brings in.... They will be built up, have a poor game and then slaughtered by some on this forum. Guaranteed.

yerauldda
03-03-2014, 02:07 PM
We need to move on, he should be shown the door like many others. The just cant cut it, simples!!!

Eh?! He or hanlon has probably been our player of the year..

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Marian Kello
Josh Meekings
Graeme Shinnie
Kallum Higginbotham
Lyle Taylor
Franck Moussa
Luke Prosser
Scott Hogan

SteveHFC
03-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Marian Kello
Josh Meekings
Graeme Shinnie
Kallum Higginbotham
Lyle Taylor
Franck Moussa
Luke Prosser
Scott Hogan
Matt Done

Sorted that for you :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Sorted that for you :wink:

:faf:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-03-2014, 09:40 PM
We shoulda signed Rene Howe!!

Kidding:wink:

RIP Bestie
03-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Butcher will bring in his own players and there will be a lot of players leaving this summer. Who do you think should leave and who should he bring in? Also which area do we need to strengthen?

i think we need to get sell of James Collins, Paul heffernan, Alan maybury, Ross Caldwell, Danny Handling. And stop the loans of Zoubir possibly Boateng and maybe Haynes.

and bring in: Paul Paton, Michael O'Halloran, Cameron Smith, Nicky Riley/Watmore.

Williams

foster
(New centre back)
Hanlon

O'Halloran/watmore
Paton
Thomson
Stanton

Riley

Smith

this just a suggestion
Are you sure that you want to let Butcher bring his own players in? You don't seem too impressed with his judgement so far.

madabouthibs
03-03-2014, 10:15 PM
I'd like TB to keep all the players we have for now, and maybe work on sorting out this mental problem that players seem to quickly adopt when they join Hibs. We seem to have the ability to turn decent and rated SPFL players into dross in 6 months, and turn U20's double winning promising youngsters into lightweight hiding quivering wrecks in a season!! :confused:

shetlandhibee
03-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Are you sure that you want to let Butcher bring his own players in? You don't seem too impressed with his judgement so far.
Yeah I just feel that he had to rush some quick fixes in at the dying seconds of the window but I'm being very harsh and have not seen much of them yet. Just feel boateng can't mark very well lost el algiue for uniteds third and for the highlights was the same against Ross county. Not sure about Haynes yet:wink:

shetlandhibee
03-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Watmore seem ace though:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RIP Bestie
03-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Yeah I just feel that he had to rush some quick fixes in at the dying seconds of the window but I'm being very harsh and have not seen much of them yet. Just feel boateng can't mark very well lost el algiue for uniteds third and for the highlights was the same against Ross county. Not sure about Haynes yet:wink:
Unfortunately this is probably the standard of player we will bring in, but having said that it's probably better that Loan players don't set the heather alight as it takes us out of the equation when it comes to keeping them if they do. I would bet that Watmore isn't here next season.

yekimevol
03-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Williams
NEW-RB Foster Hanlon New-LB
Harris Robertson Thomson Craig
NEW- ST NEW-ST

Murdoch
Mcpake
New-Lm
Stanton
Tawio
New -Rm
Handling

Add another two fullbacks and striker to that list.

Wakeyhibee
03-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Someone (a few preferably) who can play football

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-03-2014, 10:52 PM
A good Goalkeeper to replace Big Ben.
Solid CB x2.
Attacking fullbacks who can also defend.
Pacey, Tricky winger or two.
Creative Central Midfielder.
A pacey striker who can score goals.
An out and out goalscorer.

RIP Bestie
03-03-2014, 11:25 PM
A good Goalkeeper to replace Big Ben.
Solid CB x2.
Attacking fullbacks who can also defend.
Pacey, Tricky winger or two.
Creative Central Midfielder.
A pacey striker who can score goals.
An out and out goalscorer.
And someone with about £10million to squander. :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-03-2014, 11:50 PM

:greengrin

SteveHFC
03-03-2014, 11:51 PM

I'm sure we will get all of our targets in with the season ticket money :duck:

Diclonius
04-03-2014, 12:17 AM
The real Liam Craig.

Will the real Liam Craig please stand up?

GreenOnions
04-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Williams
NEW-RB Foster Hanlon New-LB
Harris Robertson Thomson Craig
NEW- ST NEW-ST

Murdoch
Mcpake
New-Lm
Stanton
Tawio
New -Rm
Handling

Add another two fullbacks and striker to that list.

I think your selection here makes a very interesting point: If we were to have two quality full-backs who were quick and effective coming forward I think it would be a massive influence on our play.

It's also one of those things that can give you that "extra man" when we're attacking - something we seem to lack so often when we just don't get enough players forward in support quickly enough.

It would also paint in a different light the selection of an excellent player (craig) in a right or left midfield position. If we had a full-back who was regularly bombing past him up the wing perhaps it would help bring the best out of Craig and also allow him to be relieved of central, more defensive midfield duties? So I agree with you - two quality overlapping full-backs with pace should be top of the shopping list.

As for your other selections: I really like the thought of giving our home-grown duo of Forster and Hanlon an extended opportunity together at CB. Still need another though with McGivern reserve left CB.

I think Stanton is most effecting playing just off the central striker. I'd rather not see him as a main central midfielder. So - in modern parlance - he could be an ideal "false number 9".

I'd love us to keep Thomson for exactly the role you suggest. We can't afford to jettison players of his quality - even if they've lost a bit of pace. He can pass a football. If we had more quality players around him making runs I think we'd see him pass the ball forward more. If TB doesn't keep Thomson then we should keep Taiwo instead. I really like Robertson.

I think Harris has real quality and pace and will come good again. Not sure yet about Heff. Cummings still quite raw but hopefully will come good. I still don't think Danny H will make it at Hibs I'm afraid - even though he is a good footballer.

So - a goalkeeper, two pacy full-backs, a centre-back (to give Forster competition) a pacy winger (to give Harris competition) and two strikers could be the minimum needed I feel.

.........................New keeper

New full-back..Forster..Hanlon..New Full-back

.....Craig.....Robertson..Thomson..Harris
.................................((Taiwo)
.................Stanton
...........................New Striker

Subs: Murdoch, Stevenson, New centre-back, Tudur-Jones, New winger, Collins, New striker

Leaving out-of contract: Williams, Maybury, Clancy, McPake, Cairney, Taiwo, Caldwell
Leaving on-loan players: Zoubir, Haynes, Watmore, Boateng
Can move on: Nelson, Handling

Aldo
04-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Marian Kello Josh Meekings Graeme Shinnie Kallum Higginbotham Lyle Taylor Franck Moussa Luke Prosser Scott Hogan

Scott Hogan for sure BMD. The guy knows where the goals are. 3 hat tricks this season I believe. We would have to move quick and a fee would be required.

Moussa is also a very good player and is doing well for City. Pacy skillful and again knows where the goal is.

Agree re Shinnie and Taylor as well.

I still get the feeling TB will bring in a few unknowns and folk will right them off.

Aldo
04-03-2014, 10:00 AM
We may see Watmore again on a seasons long loan but think it'll be the pre season before that is sorted.

Very highly rated at Sunderland and they want him to get game time.

Hopefully this can get sorted

hibees 7062
04-03-2014, 11:18 AM

Williams

foster
(New centre back)
Hanlon

O'Halloran/watmore
Paton
Thomson
Stanton

Riley

Smith

this just a suggestion

Why ?

jacomo
04-03-2014, 11:45 AM
I think Stanton is most effecting playing just off the central striker. I'd rather not see him as a main central midfielder. So - in modern parlance - he could be an ideal "false number 9".

That's not a "false 9". It's just a "10".

:na na:

Elephant Stone
04-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Marley Watkins, unless he signed a new contract at ICT, can't remember.

PeterboroHibee
04-03-2014, 12:05 PM
The defence is the main area that needs worked on in my opinion. We need proper full backs who can consistently contribute going forward, and CBs who dont panic and hoof it for the sake of it. If Butcher wants to play the ball forward quickly then we need CBs who have some composure on the ball and can pick out players further up the pitch (not my preference on the way to play football, but it would improve us).

Of course the midfield and up front can be improved upon, but every week most of our problems seem to originate from the back 4 constantly giving the ball away.

Aldo
04-03-2014, 12:15 PM
The defence is the main area that needs worked on in my opinion. We need proper full backs who can consistently contribute going forward, and CBs who dont panic and hoof it for the sake of it. If Butcher wants to play the ball forward quickly then we need CBs who have some composure on the ball and can pick out players further up the pitch (not my preference on the way to play football, but it would improve us). Of course the midfield and up front can be improved upon, but every week most of our problems seem to originate from the back 4 constantly giving the ball away.

Agree re fullbacks. I would like us to try and sign Alan Hutton. I know it was muted in the last window and we are way out of his wage bracket but I would think he has made a lot of money and would hopefully think he would like to play.

I can dream. Hopefully the boy Shinnie as well as every time I've seen him play he's been good defending and going forward.

Billychaotic182
04-03-2014, 12:21 PM
The lad Darren Mcgregor at St Mirren has impressed me whenever he plays. He's a good Centre half.

Huge hibee too

Waxy
04-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Diego Maradona

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Scott Hogan for sure BMD. The guy knows where the goals are. 3 hat tricks this season I believe. We would have to move quick and a fee would be required.

Moussa is also a very good player and is doing well for City. Pacy skillful and again knows where the goal is.

Agree re Shinnie and Taylor as well.

I still get the feeling TB will bring in a few unknowns and folk will right them off.

:agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-03-2014, 01:02 PM
The defence is the main area that needs worked on in my opinion. We need proper full backs who can consistently contribute going forward, and CBs who dont panic and hoof it for the sake of it. If Butcher wants to play the ball forward quickly then we need CBs who have some composure on the ball and can pick out players further up the pitch (not my preference on the way to play football, but it would improve us).

Of course the midfield and up front can be improved upon, but every week most of our problems seem to originate from the back 4 constantly giving the ball away.

The back 4 is a problem, we need to play Forster in his prefered position (CB) because he is never a right back.