PDA

View Full Version : Palace fine players for diving

DaveF
03-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Tony Pulis might not be everyone's cup of tea, but well done to him for this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26411295

If only more managers followed suit, then the game might be a little bit better of for it.

IWasThere2016
03-03-2014, 12:48 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26411295

If only more managers followed suit, then the game might be a little bit better of for it.

Great move. I long for the days of red cards for this. Same goes for the wrestling at corners/free-kicks etc.. It is so tiresome!

Biggie
03-03-2014, 01:04 PM
yeah Tony Pulis is not my cup of tea, but applaud this after watching the Madrid derby yesterday.....JHC what a bunch of chancers..the ref has no chance..
Pepe- get that **** off the park for reacting like that....I'm with TQM show them red cards until they stop that nonsence...

DaveF
03-03-2014, 02:00 PM
yeah Tony Pulis is not my cup of tea, but applaud this after watching the Madrid derby yesterday.....JHC what a bunch of chancers..the ref has no chance..
Pepe- get that **** off the park for reacting like that....I'm with TQM show them red cards until they stop that nonsence...

He is the biggest cheat I think I've ever had the mis-fortune to watch. A complete disgrace to football.

Hibercelona
03-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Great move. I long for the days of red cards for this. Same goes for the wrestling at corners/free-kicks etc.. It is so tiresome!

What if the referee gets it wrong and it turns out not to be a dive at all? :wink:

Twa Cairpets
03-03-2014, 03:13 PM
What if the referee gets it wrong and it turns out not to be a dive at all? :wink:

Then it'd be Craig Thomson at a Hibs game, obviously

Hibercelona
03-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Then it'd be Craig Thomson at a Hibs game, obviously

Fair point. :hilarious

lapsedhibee
03-03-2014, 05:04 PM

Loathsome style of 'football' at Stoke but he's bang on about this.

Jack Hackett
03-03-2014, 05:04 PM

This is where it all falls down. Fair enough, the red can be appealed, but the damage has been done as far as the game it happened in has been affected. The only possible solution to the whole sordid business of diving is for the fourth official to have access to replays...and that just ain't gonna happen

lapsedhibee
03-03-2014, 05:07 PM
This is where it all falls down. Fair enough, the red can be appealed, but the damage has been done as far as the game it happened in has been affected. The only possible solution to the whole sordid business of diving is for the fourth official to have access to replays...and that just ain't gonna happen

I'd be happy enough with retrospective reds to prevent the problems raised here, and three-or-more-game or bans attached to those reds. That would cut it down drastically.

leither17
03-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Loathsome style of 'football' at Stoke but he's bang on about this.

If take that rather than Williams throws to to McGivern inside to craig then booosh straight out the park

Hibercelona
03-03-2014, 07:08 PM
I'd be happy enough with retrospective reds to prevent the problems raised here, and three-or-more-game or bans attached to those reds. That would cut it down drastically.

It won't be bans that cut it down drastically, as players will just view it as a holiday.

A very hefty fine based on the players wage ratio should do the trick.

lapsedhibee
03-03-2014, 07:40 PM
It won't be bans that cut it down drastically, as players will just view it as a holiday.

A very hefty fine based on the players wage ratio should do the trick.

Bans would force all clubs to take the problem seriously. Rogers for example would be without the league's leading scorer for most of the season. What difference would a fine - any fine - make to Rooney (who's not a serial diver, but has been known to 'go to ground')?

heretoday
03-03-2014, 07:53 PM
I am always amazed at how the refs get fooled by the diving and general feigning. If I was a ref I'd never give a thing, let alone a penalty.

You often see players just go down and get a foul after some innocuous challenge. It's almost as though it's expected.

"Contact" seems to be the watchword. Well even if there was contact I wouldn't give a hoot and I'd book any guy who went down like a sack of tatties.