PDA

View Full Version : What was going on with the Police near Sect 43?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Anyone know? Seems as if something was going on up there but I couldn't see.

Pray4Marc
28-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Some guy had drink on him and was asked to leave then started kicking off, stewards got the old bill then the lad from football factory started greeting.

QMU-1875
28-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Some guy had drink on him and was asked to leave then started kicking off, stewards got the old bill then the lad from football factory started greeting.

It was him from green street was it no? Utter embarrament, give up the hard man crap if you roasters are reading this grow up.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 08:54 PM

There was a guy near me absolutely pished out his nut, he had a captains armband on:faf:

Pray4Marc
28-02-2014, 08:56 PM
There was a guy near me absolutely pished out his nut, he had a captains armband on:faf:

He must have been in charge of the crèche

SaulGoodman
28-02-2014, 09:01 PM
He'll be going home preaching his ACAB pish no doubt.

QMU-1875
28-02-2014, 09:02 PM

Billy Bright?

jeffers
28-02-2014, 09:02 PM

What were you doing on the pitch ??

Centre Hawf
28-02-2014, 09:04 PM

:top marks

SaulGoodman
28-02-2014, 09:04 PM

:tee hee:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 09:10 PM

I've got nothing to say to that...

SaulGoodman
28-02-2014, 09:10 PM
I've got nothing to say to that...

Get your act together Harris!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Get your act together Harris!

:greengrin

QMU-1875
28-02-2014, 11:55 PM
Another point, see the boy up the back who thinks he's off of green street cause he speaks fast and swears. Yer a tube, hope you read this and give up the hard man act, you belong to a drama group.

EH54
01-03-2014, 12:12 AM

Was this a Red one by any chance hope so or else there was more than one kicking about seen him downstairs off the east

The Green Goblin
01-03-2014, 01:44 AM
I heard something about some roaster wearing a yams top in the east stand...

Hermit Crab
01-03-2014, 06:38 AM
I seen it all from the west and I said to my oldman, see when we were in the old east you never seen an cop or steward coming into the stand. They always hung about outside.

HibeeSince82
01-03-2014, 07:32 AM
There was also 2 other boys arguing with each other during the 2nd half. Thought the punches were starting soon. Shocking behaviour

QMU-1875
01-03-2014, 07:39 AM
There was also 2 other boys arguing with each other during the 2nd half. Thought the punches were starting soon. Shocking behaviour

Boy in row GG was shouting so much crap at the team, he was clearly trying to give it the big man act in front of his mates and was asked to shut up a few times. He persisted with it and someone really lost it with him and then his mate jumped down one row and started acting like he was going to hit the lad but again it was all the hard man act. Me and my mate that go to the games are moving our seat not only after that today but after a lot of the garbage that these morons come out with, the ACAB chant was the final straw. Again they are embarrassing.

R'Albin
01-03-2014, 07:43 AM

:hilarious

Billychaotic182
01-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Boy in row GG was shouting so much crap at the team, he was clearly trying to give it the big man act in front of his mates and was asked to shut up a few times. He persisted with it and someone really lost it with him and then his mate jumped down one row and started acting like he was going to hit the lad but again it was all the hard man act. Me and my mate that go to the games are moving our seat not only after that today but after a lot of the garbage that these morons come out with, the ACAB chant was the final straw. Again they are embarrassing.

Without sounding clueless but what exactly is a ACAB?

HibeeSince82
01-03-2014, 08:55 AM

Ah ok. Did wonder what kicked it off.

It did look like they were the lads in GG were trying to act the big man.

I take it you are in Sect 43 aswell

Pretty Boy
01-03-2014, 08:56 AM

A captains armband? As a fashion accessory?

Should have been lifted just for that.

nonshinyfinish
01-03-2014, 08:57 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.C.A.B.

HibeeSince82
01-03-2014, 08:57 AM

All Cops Are B***ards

truehibernian
01-03-2014, 09:09 AM

Do they hand out Clearasil with every ticket to some of these guys ? They look about 10 some of them and incapable of bursting a balloon !

Knowing some cops as I do, plenty are Hibs fans who enjoy being in the home stands and aren't there to lift folk (or try to use common sense under difficult circumstances from above) contrary to the myth. This ACAB chant is laughable when you see the ages of some of them singing it. It must only be a few years ago they were at nursery wearing pretend uniforms and pretending to be PC Plum from Balamory !

Maybe in the 70's and 80's it was true, not in bloomin' 2014 😀

degenerated
01-03-2014, 09:10 AM

This may help explain.

http://youtu.be/qkfwgoQTyrA

QMU-1875
01-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Ah ok. Did wonder what kicked it off.

It did look like they were the lads in GG were trying to act the big man.

I take it you are in Sect 43 aswell

Yea unfortunately I am, picked the seats at random when we got the season ticket last season, was great but this season it's just full of 12 year old bairns trying to act like football hooligans. Seen a boy with goggle jacket no older than 14 it's embarrassing. They all seem to worship that roaster that got chucked out last night by the police, seems to think he's danny dyer. The group that sit in GG are honestly so cringe worthy one of the boys looks like something off the inbetweeners and just constantly mouths off then turns to his mates to see if they approve, was only a matter of time before someone (myself included) told him to shut up. To any of you that are going to the games dressed up as "casuals" and looking to have a little "tear up" check out @HalfPriceHoolis and @Footy_Fooligans on twitter and see how absolutely ******ed you all look. Some of you even make an appearance on the latter.

QMU-1875
01-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Do they hand out Clearasil with every ticket to some of these guys ? They look about 10 some of them and incapable of bursting a balloon !

Knowing some cops as I do, plenty are Hibs fans who enjoy being in the home stands and aren't there to lift folk (or try to use common sense under difficult circumstances from above) contrary to the myth. This ACAB chant is laughable when you see the ages of some of them singing it. It must only be a few years ago they were at nursery wearing pretend uniforms and pretending to be PC Plum from Balamory !

Maybe in the 70's and 80's it was true, not in bloomin' 2014 😀

Bingo. One boy who looked 10 was wearing a nike hoodie that he had cut holes in and fitted little goggles in to make it look like one if those CP company goggle jackets. He was sat their chanting ACAB and all pigs are *******s looking absolutely clueless.
The boy that got chucked out deserved it, and has done for ages. He's a very stupid individual who I notice nearly every game to be out of it on drink or drugs. People who were chanting "supporting your team is not a crime" yea that's true but acting like a fanny, drinking in the stands and assaulting a steward is so sit down and give it a rest.

marinello59
01-03-2014, 09:31 AM

Maybe in the 70's and 80's it was true, not in bloomin' 2014 

:hilarious

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Should have hooked Craig for the guy in the stand with the armband. At least he would have been vocal.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Yea unfortunately I am, picked the seats at random when we got the season ticket last season, was great but this season it's just full of 12 year old bairns trying to act like football hooligans. Seen a boy with goggle jacket no older than 14 it's embarrassing. They all seem to worship that roaster that got chucked out last night by the police, seems to think he's danny dyer. The group that sit in GG are honestly so cringe worthy one of the boys looks like something off the inbetweeners and just constantly mouths off then turns to his mates to see if they approve, was only a matter of time before someone (myself included) told him to shut up. To any of you that are going to the games dressed up as "casuals" and looking to have a little "tear up" check out @HalfPriceHoolis and @Footy_Fooligans and see how absolutely ******ed you all look. Some of you even make an appearance on the latter.

Thanks for those Twitter links.

Some of the home made Stone Island badges and CP jackets are priceless. Hours of fun to be had there.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2014, 09:39 AM
I had to google what a goggle jacket was, please tell me they are not wearing them in section 43. :faf::faf:

Oscar T Grouch
01-03-2014, 09:46 AM
I've moved to section 38 and never been happier in the new east. I wonder why ;)

J-C
01-03-2014, 09:47 AM
I had to google what a goggle jacket was, please tell me they are not wearing them in section 43. :faf::faf:

Oh FFS I just did the same and nearly choked on my coffee, well it looks like a gimp jacket, so it's pretty apt I suppose. :greengrin

wearethehibs
01-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Its funny how some people on here are talking about "acting the big man", but is that no what you're doing as well, except you're sitting behind a keyboard? Go and slag of the way people dress to there faces if it bothers you that much. Oh and as for the guy that was chucked "thinking he's Danny Dyer" say that to his face the next time you see him.

Nah didn't think so.

It was the way the G4S guys came wading in and started on people that had nothing to do with what was going on that really annoyed me. They made things so much worse than they were.

J-C
01-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Its funny how some people on here are talking about "acting the big man", but is that no what you're doing as well, except you're sitting behind a keyboard? Go and slag of the way people dress to there faces if it bothers you that much. Oh and as for the guy that was chucked "thinking he's Danny Dyer" say that to his face the next time you see him.

Nah didn't think so.

It was the way the G4S guys came wading in and started on people that had nothing to do with what was going on that really annoyed me. They made things so much worse than they were.

Dinnae get yer nappy in a twist wee man, has your rattle fell oot yer pram.

Dear god if trying to act the hard man at a football match is what it takes to be a Hibs supporter, then I'll gladly stay away till that lot of morons are gone.

All that pish went years ago and many of us older guys were the originals who have now grown up, maybe time for some in 43 to do the same.

HibeeSince82
01-03-2014, 10:08 AM
I've moved to section 38 and never been happier in the new east. I wonder why ;)

I got my season ticket in Sect43 because last season everybody was saying how good the atmosphere was.

I like the fact i can stand as i prefer that at games but thinking about moving now

truehibernian
01-03-2014, 10:12 AM

Nah didn't think so.

The SI goggle jackets are laughable, don't need to be behind a keyboard to slag anyone that wears them :faf:- try the Shadow Project range, for the more affluent and discerning 'Ultra' my friend - particularly like the bomber in Bordeaux but it's a little 'yam friendly' in the colour palette.

No one is interested in proving how hard someone is, either here or at games - no one is acting the 'big man' either.

S43 and the 12th Man were superb to begin with, really raising the atmosphere and supporting the lads - sadly folk in that section (some I may add) now have read far too many 80's cliched books about the 'glamour days' of going to Love Street and Todders and promoted Dyksie and AB to the realms of being Bex Bissel - I find it a wee bit cringeworthy nowadays and yep, growing up with them, knowing them, clubbing with them, and still seeing them now and again socially, I always tell them to their face too :agree::wink: you don't win medals or get respect being a wee hard man buddy - that is what life taught me. The older lads are still quantum leaping Sam Beckett style back to 1985 on match days too :greengrin

Jack
01-03-2014, 10:20 AM
The SI goggle jackets are laughable, don't need to be behind a keyboard to slag anyone that wears them :faf:- try the Shadow Project range, for the more affluent and discerning 'Ultra' my friend - particularly like the bomber in Bordeaux but it's a little 'yam friendly' in the colour palette.

No one is interested in proving how hard someone is, either here or at games - no one is acting the 'big man' either.

S43 and the 12th Man were superb to begin with, really raising the atmosphere and supporting the lads - sadly folk in that section (some I may add) now have read far too many 80's cliched books about the 'glamour days' of going to Love Street and Todders and promoted Dyksie and AB to the realms of being Bex Bissel - I find it a wee bit cringeworthy nowadays and yep, growing up with them, knowing them, clubbing with them, and still seeing them now and again socially, I always tell them to their face too :agree::wink: you don't win medals or get respect being a wee hard man buddy - that is what life taught me. The older lads are still quantum leaping Sam Beckett style back to 1985 on match days too :greengrin

I was just going to say that I think its quite remarkable how Sect 43 and the new East has morphed in its short life. Not all for the better, of the support or the club, unfortunately.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2014, 10:26 AM

Nah didn't think so.

Do you run his fan club?

Phil D. Rolls
01-03-2014, 10:37 AM
I'm always a bit suspicious of the motives for older men to act hard so they can impress lads in their teens.

TAHibby
01-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Not entirely sure why people who probably didn't have a clue what had happened were joining in with "police chants"...

Bronson
01-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Not that I've had too many altercations with the police myself, but the kind of people they employ all seem to be in a similar vein. I appreciate they have a job to do, and obviously they are needed, but a lot of them do abuse their authority.

Not sure what happened last night, just seen the guy getting chucked out. Guys around me said it was an overreaction over nothing and seemed pretty pissed off about it and none of them are 14 year old half price hooligans, all average blokes.

truehibernian
01-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Not entirely sure why people who probably didn't have a clue what had happened were joining in with "police chants"...

....'coz we r ultras innit' :greengrin:faf:

Half of them looked scared of rain let alone the opposition fans :agree: hey ho, bairns will be bairns.

Here's a thing though - one for the ultras to answer - if some of you are so intent on migrating towards the 'hooligan tendancy', then why do they stand in the furthest away point of a stand ? Always wondered this - in the old days you 'changed ends' in some grounds and ran the gauntlet (Paisley springs to mind), in other grounds you stood near the front or at the fence between the away fans. Why do Ultras hide 'away up the back' nowadays :greengrin?

Kind of wish I kept my old Lacoste polos, Benetton sweats, CP Company jackets, Ellesse tracksuit tops and Sergio Tacchini stuff now though - could have made a ton on the 'bay of dreams' :rolleyes::greengrin fashion does indeed come full circle :aok:

Pray4Marc
01-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Not that I've had too many altercations with the police myself, but the kind of people they employ all seem to be in a similar vein. I appreciate they have a job to do, and obviously they are needed, but a lot of them do abuse their authority.

Not sure what happened last night, just seen the guy getting chucked out. Guys around me said it was an overreaction over nothing and seemed pretty pissed off about it and none of them are 14 year old half price hooligans, all average blokes.

"Blokes" ??? 90% of them haven't started puberty.

GGTTH07
01-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Yea unfortunately I am, picked the seats at random when we got the season ticket last season, was great but this season it's just full of 12 year old bairns trying to act like football hooligans. Seen a boy with goggle jacket no older than 14 it's embarrassing. They all seem to worship that roaster that got chucked out last night by the police, seems to think he's danny dyer. The group that sit in GG are honestly so cringe worthy one of the boys looks like something off the inbetweeners and just constantly mouths off then turns to his mates to see if they approve, was only a matter of time before someone (myself included) told him to shut up. To any of you that are going to the games dressed up as "casuals" and looking to have a little "tear up" check out @HalfPriceHoolis and @Footy_Fooligans on twitter and see how absolutely ******ed you all look. Some of you even make an appearance on the latter.

Sorry, but don't talk a lot of pish. 'Wee 14 year old' are trying to have a laugh at the game, get a grip, nonsense.

Leishy1995
01-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Was up by 43, found the whole chanting abuse at police cringey and didn't join in.

Am I the only teenager who hates stone island?

Without knowing the story G4S came up screaming in some wee guys face and that's when things got nasty, there was a steward beside me who was having a laugh and stuff. They don't want to ruin your day so stop thinking they are.

marinello59
01-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Thank **** we didn't have the internet when I was that age. I would have been constantly reading about my poor fashion sense and dodgy behaviour. :greengrin
A good noise coming out of there last night, I quite enjoyed the racket. And the guy getting chucked out at least provided a welcome distraction from the game.

truehibernian
01-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Thank **** we didn't have the internet when I was that age. I would have been constantly reading about my poor fashion sense and dodgy behaviour. :greengrin
A good noise coming out of there last night, I quite enjoyed the racket. And the guy getting chucked out at least provided a welcome distraction from the game.

Bring back Kickers, Reebok Royale and Pod sandals, that's what I say marinello 😄

SaulGoodman
01-03-2014, 11:38 AM

Nah didn't think so.

I'd rather not say it to his face because I don't want to get done for assaulting a minor.

I've seen Hibs fans setting off smoke bombs in Tranent. wtf is all that about? Embarrassing

allezsauzee
01-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Bring back Kickers, Reebok Royale and Pod sandals, that's what I say marinello 

pink pod sandals with matching pringle jersey...class!

Pretty Boy
01-03-2014, 11:49 AM
I'd rather not say it to his face because I don't want to get done for assaulting a minor.

I've seen Hibs fans setting off smoke bombs in Tranent. wtf is all that about? Embarrassing

In fairness when I was 15/16 I was involved in my fair share of daft stuff thinking it would help me get my Nat King Cole.

truehibernian
01-03-2014, 11:51 AM

Is that not Tranent's version of broadband though mate ? Faster smoke signals 😃 (only teasin' East Lothian fans)

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Toe curling stuff up there last night. Wee boys pished on two tins of Carlsberg thinking their Billy big baws. The atmosphere can be great up there at times, particularly derbies but last night was an utter embarrassment. The anti-police songs were massively cringey. Boys yet to hit puberty calling police 'w--ankers', pigs etc and sticking camera phones in their faces. Hibs fans having a square go with each other. Brutal. Was one of the G4S boys caps thrown away? Looked like that's what got the police involved.
Been waiting years for a Friday night game at ER, what a massive let down. On and off the pitch.

SaulGoodman
01-03-2014, 11:59 AM
In fairness when I was 15/16 I was involved in my fair share of daft stuff thinking it would help me get my Nat King Cole.

Unfortunately I've yet to see a lassie who gets hot under the collar at the sight of Buckfast and smoke bombs :wink:

QMU-1875
01-03-2014, 12:03 PM

Nah didn't think so.

The best part of the game was watching him getting carted off with tears and snotters dripping down his face. He spent the twenty minutes before making an arse of himself acting billy big baws, it's clearly got him really far! Not interested in trying to act the hard man on here or in the stands that's why I'm telling you it's embarrassing, like I said give it up. All for signing hibs songs at games but trying to act like an extra off of football factory/ green street is just cringe worthy.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Was this a Red one by any chance hope so or else there was more than one kicking about seen him downstairs off the east

Yep, a red one:greengrin

El Gubbz
01-03-2014, 12:04 PM

Right I think you are talking about me here... Fair enough I'm a bit of an idiot at the football because that's a Monday-Friday worth of crap at work getting released. Also all my abuse was going towards the ref (the one who gave two pens against us and sent a player off) and rankin (who dived in the box), both which where justified!

The kids in Sect 43 have done my head in from day 1 trying to act the big man against stewards and the police. What about the rocket that got chucked out squaring up to an old man steward (who caught him drinking dragon soup or MD20/20 or some other a***hole drink like that) then starts on the police and all you idiots are singing and shouting abuse at the police!? How stupid are you lot?

the incident where my mare jumped down was after he shouted at the ref and some fat oasis wannabe rocket took exception to this and had a go at him threatening to batter him. But this tool quoted above has managed to make this look like we where having a go at the team and being those fans who would do the team a favour by watching it on tv.

im done with sitting in sect 43, every week it's something else with that bald junkie who you 12 year olds love and that rocket that got chucked out lastnight (the same boy who squared about to a 5ft 2 police woman when we played Ayr)

i dont got got to the football to argue with my fellow hibees but to get away from my everyday life and support the team I've loved since I was born. GGTTH

PS. What even is the ACAB chant?

QMU-1875
01-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Unfortunately I've yet to see a lassie who gets hot under the collar at the sight of Buckfast and smoke bombs :wink:

It's exactly what it is though, the poor wee lads think that when they go to school on the Monday talking about smoke bombs and "having a barney with the police" is getting the girls falling to their knees. Their so wrong.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-03-2014, 12:13 PM
"If ye hate the ****in police clap yer hands" done it for me....:rolleyes:

Funny thing is only about 5 folk clapped, haha.

HibeeSince82
01-03-2014, 12:16 PM
PS. What even is the ACAB chant?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.C.A.B.

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Oh be quiet all you moaning menopausal bores! They are young lads and sometimes you have to be allowed to make an absolute fanny of yourself with your mates at that age. If you look at pictures and newspaper reports of previous generations of youthful Hibs supports (of which you were members) you'll see that it wasn't all high style and impeccable behaviour.

If football is to solely be about judging, disapproving, middle aged and old farts moaning about teenagers acting like twats then it's going to be the dullest experience imaginable.

marinello59
01-03-2014, 12:22 PM
It's exactly what it is though, the poor wee lads think that when they go to school on the Monday talking about smoke bombs and "having a barney with the police" is getting the girls falling to their knees. Their so wrong.

Exactly. Woo them with flowers and chocolates and stuff then marry them , that's the only way to guarantee you will get your wicked way when you want.
Hold on, that doesn't work either. I am going to try saying it with smoke bombs later tonight. :agree:

marinello59
01-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Oh be quiet all you moaning menopausal bores! They are young lads and sometimes you have to be allowed to make an absolute fanny of yourself with your mates at that age. If you look at pictures and newspaper reports of previous generations of youthful Hibs supports (of which you were members) you'll see that it wasn't all high style and impeccable behaviour.

If football is to solely be about judging, disapproving, middle aged and old farts moaning about teenagers acting like twats then it's going to be the dullest experience imaginable.

I thought it was compulsory. :agree:

Hibercelona
01-03-2014, 12:23 PM

:agree:

Too many hypocrites me thinks.

It's like the old geezers that put the "no ball game" signs up everywhere, because they don't like the noise of bairns enjoying themselves, despite having that very same privilege themselves at that age

DC_Hibs
01-03-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm a bit of an idiot

The first step is admitting it - well done.
Now do something about it.

Gettin' Auld
01-03-2014, 12:45 PM
What even is the ACAB chant?
Could have something do with doubting whether any police officers have a known father. :wink:

El Gubbz
01-03-2014, 12:59 PM
The first step is admitting it - well done.
Now do something about it.

ill be doing nothing about it. Football is my release from all the crap in life, if I didn't have that release then I'd be on some form or drug (other than alcohol).

on a side note... One of the "sect43" boys that started arguing was a boy who also liked Rowan Vine... I think that enough belittles every word that's passes his lips until the day he can no longer follow the hibees

The_Horde
01-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Best moment of the game was chanting about Rowan Vine to a guy because he had a beard. Very witty stuff.

Kato
01-03-2014, 01:55 PM

Someone had to say it, the tut-tuttery about the youth has always been around too, but comes over as being pretty pompous once written up on a message board.

Diclonius
01-03-2014, 01:55 PM
;3920269']Best moment of the game was chanting about Rowan Vine to a guy because he had a beard. Very witty stuff.

Everyone with a beard is Rowan Vine though. I'm Rowan Vine. :agree:

Franck Stanton
01-03-2014, 02:02 PM
ACAB ? No they aren't, my mate is a cop and I know for a fact his mum and dad were engaged when he was born.

clerriehibs
01-03-2014, 02:07 PM

This is mostly true. But have there not always been "moaning menopausal bores" having a go at the young team. And today's young team will be tomorrow's moaning menopausal bores. So you can't ask the MMBs to be quiet, because it's the circle of life, no?

clerriehibs
01-03-2014, 02:08 PM
ACAB ? No they aren't, my mate is a cop and I know for a fact his mum and dad were engaged when he was born.

So he is a ********?

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2014, 02:13 PM
This is mostly true. But have there not always been "moaning menopausal bores" having a go at the young team. And today's young team will be tomorrow's moaning menopausal bores. So you can't ask the MMBs to be quiet, because it's the circle of life, no?

Some of us have earned the right to be MMBs.

I finally attained that status at the Raith game when I got a wee scrote launched for chucking a lighter on to the park. The look of "WTF, Dad?" on my son's face was complemented by the one of sheer pride on my 82 year old Dad's face.

Finally, I am indeed a grumpy old man. :agree:

147lothian
01-03-2014, 02:37 PM
If it wasn't for the bit of atmosphere generated Easter Road would be a library, why should the young lads listen to the sit down shut up bores

Teo10
01-03-2014, 02:47 PM
If everyone had the same attitude as myself, Storar, Gramo, Slenj etc the atmosphere would be phenomenal, the chants would be nothing but love for Lewis Stevenson.

Pete
01-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Those who are moaning about the youngsters have become the old farts who used to moan when they were young and edgy.

Open your eyes (putting your contacts in first)

:-D

SaulGoodman
01-03-2014, 03:07 PM
If it wasn't for the bit of atmosphere generated Easter Road would be a library, why should the young lads listen to the sit down shut up bores

I agree, I'd much rather Hibs not only had a reputation for being a garbage team, but id also like our fans to have a reputation for getting lifted, singing all cops are *******s and of course 'if you hate the ****ing polis clap your hands.

Keith_M
01-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Any of my fellow older fans remember this little ditty...

"Who's tha pr*ck with the helmet on?
Dixon, Dixon,
Who's that pr*ck with the helmet on?
Dixon of Dock Green,
etc, etc"

:devil:

Famous Fiver
01-03-2014, 04:33 PM
You're going back a bit there, Keekaboo!!!

ehf
01-03-2014, 05:34 PM

On the beat all day,
On the wife all night!

hibbysam
01-03-2014, 07:12 PM
I was in 44 last night, but have no idea what was going on...

What I do find normally though is that instead of calming situations down, the stewards just wade in, cause bother and then let the police deal with it before running away!

Sometimes you maybe need a bit common sense, and firing yourself into an area of about 100 probably intoxicated teenagers/early 20's is probably not the way forward.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2014, 07:26 PM

What I do find normally though is that instead of calming situations down, the stewards just wade in, cause bother and then let the police deal with it before running away!

Sometimes you maybe need a bit common sense, and firing yourself into an area of about 100 probably intoxicated teenagers/early 20's is probably not the way forward.

If they were that intoxicated, they shouldn't have been let in to begin with.

01-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Young, baby faced laddies that go to the football thinking they are "casuals" and try to act like hard men are the height of cringe. Furthermore, grown men that try to give it the big 'un and act the hard men when with their mates are equally as pathetic and laughable. Bottom line - don't go to the football and act like a tit, it's not impressive and you seriously don't realise how ridiculous and embarrassing you look. Hibernian prides itself on being a family friendly club, but folk will stop bringing their young ones along if the place is crawling with ********s like that.

01-03-2014, 07:30 PM
FWIW where I sit in the West, it's a good bunch of folk that love a bit of banter and support the team. You get the odd arse now and again but generally a friendly atmostphere.

hibbysam
01-03-2014, 07:33 PM
If they were that intoxicated, they shouldn't have been let in to begin with.

I'm not saying they were, I can only presume as it was a friday night, although if that's the case who's fault is it? The stewards cause a lot more aggro than they prevent that's for sure... One quick look at the fan who ran on at the Hearts game to have a go at there fanny that ran on, when the steward got there instead of trying to solve the situation, he started squaring up to the boy on the middle of the pitch.

Hibs3-2
01-03-2014, 07:36 PM
I cant believe what im reading. Yes the boy shouldnt of been drinking but the way the police/G4S waded in and handled the situation was totally out of order.
As for the folk calling us casuals. We havent once said we were casuals and we dont condome violence at football atall. And for the folk saying we're 14, come and actually speak to us in the area and dont sit behind a computer acting the big man. Yes there is little kids that tag themselves along with us at home games but our group of lads are no younger than 16.
Some of the posts on here are laughable

FromTheCapital
01-03-2014, 07:44 PM
I am a season ticket holder in Section 43 and I take my younger brother who is 14 to the games. Now, I see sect 43 seems to be getting a lot of stick and I 100% know why... I myself am a genuine Hibs fan but some of the people are an embarrassment! We should be singing about the players, the team and the club, not about the death of Wallace Mercer or about the police. Last year, Sect 43 was excellent and it was again in the 2-1 victory because the fans backed the team and it created an electric atmosphere. We need to get Sect 43 back to it's best and create an atmosphere which will push on the players and make Easter Road a fortress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sudds_1
01-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Any of my fellow older fans remember this little ditty...

"Who's tha pr*ck with the helmet on?
Dixon, Dixon,
Who's that pr*ck with the helmet on?
Dixon of Dock Green,
etc, etc"

:devil:

On the beat all day
On the wife all night
hose that man wi the helmet on
Dixon of Dock Green

ah............memories !!

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2014, 07:58 PM

This. Too many stewards at football seem to be, with obvious exceptions, a rather dim, feeble and sly bunch of loudmouths who are quick to instigate and inflame, and quicker still to run behind the police coat-tails at any sign of bother.

There appears to be an over-representation of that shabbiest of breeds - the failed, wanabee nightclub bouncer.

weonlywon6-2
01-03-2014, 08:11 PM
some stewards are like mini hitlers at games

truehibernian
01-03-2014, 08:16 PM
I cant believe what im reading. Yes the boy shouldnt of been drinking but the way the police/G4S waded in and handled the situation was totally out of order.
As for the folk calling us casuals. We havent once said we were casuals and we dont condome violence at football atall. And for the folk saying we're 14, come and actually speak to us in the area and dont sit behind a computer acting the big man. Yes there is little kids that tag themselves along with us at home games but our group of lads are no younger than 16.

The pwopa nawty boys sit in the West :greengrin in fact is it not their anniversary this year with a big holiday arranged :cb........

And don't like the sound of condom violence.......what are you guys doing to each other up there......:greengrin

Reaper
01-03-2014, 09:07 PM

Interesting you ask people to come and speak with you in the area instead of hiding behind a computer like a 'big man'. The tone of your post suggests that it wouldn't just be a friendly chat? I think it's ironic that you've taken exception to being tagged as a kid but then post a rather immature reply.

Reaper
01-03-2014, 09:12 PM

Interesting you ask people to come and speak with you in the area instead ofhiding behind a computer like a 'big man'. The tone of your post suggests that it wouldn't just be a friendly chat? I think it's ironic that you've taken exception to being tagged as a kid but then post a rather immature reply.

WHUHibs
02-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Interesting you ask people to come and speak with you in the area instead ofhiding behind a computer like a 'big man'. The tone of your post suggests that it wouldn't just be a friendly chat? I think it's ironic that you've taken exception to being tagged as a kid but then post a rather immature reply.

Have you got a stutter :greengrin

macca70
02-03-2014, 09:09 AM

I'm assuming that the reason the police were called in would be because the guy wouldn't cooperate with the steward or handover his alcohol.

How stupid to get caught in the 1st place, everyone knows that if your taking drink into the ground, the 1st thing you do is buy a soft drink from the kiosk and then pour the bevvy into soft drink cup :)

Keith_M
02-03-2014, 09:19 AM

I'm at the age where I can't remember what I had for dinner on wednesday but vividly recall being ejected from Fir Park by the Polis* in 1982.

:wink:

* They said it was for 'gesticulating at opposing fans'. I had no idea what gesticulating was, but apparently it warranted two polis pulling me from the crowd and marching me out with both arms up behind my back, so I figured it must have been something bad.

Reaper
02-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Have you got a stutter :greengrin

Haha no but I appear to have a nervous twitch in my finger.

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm at the age where I can't remember what I had for dinner on wednesday but vividly recall being ejected from Fir Park by the Polis* in 1982.

* They said it was for 'gesticulating at opposing fans'. I had no idea what gesticulating was, but apparently it warranted two polis pulling me from the crowd and marching me out with both arms up behind my back, so I figured it must have been something bad.

This is my post, but insert Love Street for Fir Park. Its no funny being let oot the cells at 8pm with no money .... funny thing is I had a fiver when I went in ... and having to hitch lifts back to the Borders. Think I got home about 6am.

Brizo
02-03-2014, 10:08 AM

As far back as I can remember young daft laddies have done young daft things at ER. Whether singing rebel songs in the 70s or running about in ski hats in the 80s. Footballs become such a sanitised experience that when that daft laddie behaviour starts up again people are taken aback. Don't get me wrong wouldn't want to stand beside them but id be a bit hypocritical to indulge in tut tuttery as someone else called it.

Don't approve but I can understand laddies playing up at 15 and 16. Don't begin to understand why guys would still want to do it at 45 and 46.

God Petrie
02-03-2014, 10:14 AM
I was so shocked at the behaviour on Friday I choked on my prawn sandwich.

J-C
02-03-2014, 10:19 AM

As far back as I can remember young daft laddies have done young daft things at ER. Whether singing rebel songs in the 70s or running about in ski hats in the 80s. Footballs become such a sanitised experience that when that daft laddie behaviour starts up again people are taken aback. Don't get me wrong wouldn't want to stand beside them but id be a bit hypocritical to indulge in tut tuttery as someone else called it.

Don't approve but I can understand laddies playing up at 15 and 16. Don't begin to understand why guys would still want to do it at 45 and 46.

Therein lies the problem, monkey see, monkey do.

I agree about the daft laddie thing many years ago but also then you still had a wee bit respect, the behaviour was aimed at the opposition fans not at your own fellow supporters.

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Society has created daft wee laddies who think they are hard men and have no respect for any form of authority let alone their elders especially when they are in their "packs". There's a massive difference between folk of my vintage and how we reacted to authority compared to today's wee scrotes.

I was fortunate enough to once be employed in a role where I regularly came up against wee scrotes of this ilk and thoroughly enjoyed the "interaction" between us when they were "lone wolves", strangely enough their teeth were never as sharp during our "interactions".

All part of growing up though, so I can't belittle them too much :greengrin

Future17
02-03-2014, 10:44 AM

I think it might be linked to the condom violence mentioned above...