PDA

View Full Version : Least sore place to get a tattoo?

Hibbyradge
09-02-2014, 10:19 AM
An, erm, friend of mine, who is a bit of a woos if truth be told, is thinking about getting a tattoo.

However, he, is worried that it might be too sore for me, I mean him, if he picks the wrong part of the body.

The big softy quite fancies getting it on his upper arm, but doesn't know if there's a better location.

Can anyone advise, so I can pass the information on?

stoneyburn hibs
09-02-2014, 10:38 AM
My only tattoo is on my upper arm and it was pretty painless, tell your woosy friend it will be fine. I'm sure he will listen to his really close friends advice.

kdhibees1
09-02-2014, 10:41 AM
On the erchie.

Jay
09-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Upper arm will be one of the more painless places I'd imagine, that's why most men have them there :)

I have three and the most painful was the one on my inner wrist.

Tell yer pal to man up :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jonty
09-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Man up radge.

Outside arm, good.
Inside arm, bad.

Take a pin and run it across the particular area you're thinking off. If it's the least bit uncomfortable then dismiss it.

hibby6270
09-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Least sore place to get a tattoo?

In your mind!!

MSK
09-02-2014, 12:18 PM
An, erm, friend of mine, who is a bit of a woos if truth be told, is thinking about getting a tattoo.

However, he, is worried that it might be too sore for me, I mean him, if he picks the wrong part of the body.

The big softy quite fancies getting it on his upper arm, but doesn't know if there's a better location.

Can anyone advise, so I can pass the information on?Yer baw bag ..:agree: Upper arms are fine, Ive got large tats on both upper arms ..difficult to describe the pain ...in a sort o masochistic way ..its very addictive ..go for it ..I mean get yer pal tae go for it ..:greengrin

Pretty Boy
09-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Only tattooed on my chest.

Was told that was one of the sorest areas to get done but I found it ok. Definitely smarts a bit at first, anyone who says otherwise is lying imo, but it does get easier after a few minutes and I can see why some say it is addictive.

This is quite a useful scale imo although it obviously varies from person to person:

http://www.tattoos-hurt.com/tattoo-pain-scale/

DrSpaceMonkey
09-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Upper arm will be one of the more painless places I'd imagine, that's why most men have them there :)

I have three and the most painful was the one on my inner wrist.

Tell yer pal to man up :)

Out of my 6 the one on my inner wrist was also the worst, especially near big vain in the middle

Hibrandenburg
09-02-2014, 05:02 PM
My Wolverhampton Wanderers tattoo was absolute agony. All that pain and most of the time you can only read WoW anyway.

Hibbyradge
09-02-2014, 05:35 PM
My Wolverhampton Wanderers tattoo was absolute agony. All that pain and most of the time you can only read WoW anyway.

http://memeshare.net/memes/9/8252.png

KingFranck
09-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Is it fairly painless to get one on the top of your back between the shoulder blades?

Jay
09-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Is it fairly painless to get one on the top of your back between the shoulder blades?

I have one on my shoulder and it was fine. Definitely not painless but I wasn't praying for it to be over like I was with the one on my wrist.

Haymaker
09-02-2014, 06:51 PM
My arm didn't hurt much, was more an irritating scratching.

My shin and collarbones on the other hand....

Northernhibee
09-02-2014, 07:03 PM
If you go for a fleshy, insensitive area of your body it shouldn't hurt much.

Billy Brown's thinking of getting his head tattooed for example.

TRC
09-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Have to say my elbow was the worst have awhole sleeve on one arm and on the other arm one that goes to the top of ny forearm have to say my elbow and the oppisite side where a little tender

jonty
09-02-2014, 09:51 PM

Romanov has already been done:wink:

snooky
10-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Get one on your mate's arm. Totally painless.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Go to my mate's shop "Relatively Painless Tattoos" says it all really

hibbymick
10-02-2014, 08:38 PM
I took it upon maself to get a large one on the back of my thigh........AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. Its no nice trying to stifle pain and the artist is asking if your ok......" aye nae probs mate" :boo hoo::boo hoo:

silverhibee
11-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Bloody sore when you get them removed.

SteveHFC
11-02-2014, 12:59 PM
How sore is a tattoo for people with thin arms :wink:

.Sean.
11-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Got my left arm done from the elbow up and getting started on my bottom half next month. Anyone who tells you it's not sore is lying. Around the armpit and inside of the elbow was particularly excruciating. I found the colour far more uncomfortable that the outline.

malcolm
11-02-2014, 07:35 PM
I think the skin on back of the neck has relatively little sensation and would have the advantage, regardless of male pattern baldness, of always offering a cheap and painless means to hide it if you decide you don't like it after all. Mind you you might like your tattoo more than you like being bald with a ponytail or with a balding mullet :greengrin

otherwise if you're not keen on handstands in front of the mirror, maybe an area with plenty subcutaneous blubber might dull the sensation :wink:

JohnStephens91
12-02-2014, 05:27 PM
I only have my upper arms tattooed, I would like to get more done though but I don't have the funds for it. It's fine there, it nips a bit at first, but after the first few minutes it's relatively painless, then the colour starts and that nips but it's no more than mild discomfort. It is sore going over the bone at your shoulder as it feels like it is vibrating throughout your arm and the inside of the arm hurts as well as the skin is thinner and the area is less fleshy.

Jonny1875
12-02-2014, 07:45 PM
I only have my upper arms tattooed, I would like to get more done though but I don't have the funds for it. It's fine there, it nips a bit at first, but after the first few minutes it's relatively painless, then the colour starts and that nips but it's no more than mild discomfort. It is sore going over the bone at your shoulder as it feels like it is vibrating throughout your arm and the inside of the arm hurts as well as the skin is thinner and the area is less fleshy.

Ive one large one on my inner arm and it wasnt too bad!

yeezus.
12-02-2014, 07:56 PM
The forearm - got two half sleeves and it was tough going but forearm was the easiest.

Speedy
12-02-2014, 08:09 PM

Can anyone advise, so I can pass the information on?

Try pinching places and the places where you can feel it less is likely to be less sore for a tattoo.

degenerated
13-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Get a proper old school one like ACAB on your knuckles and it shouldn't hurt a bit :greengrin

Haymaker
14-02-2014, 02:00 AM
Get a proper old school one like ACAB on your knuckles and it shouldn't hurt a bit :greengrin

Punx on the other :greengrin

malcolm
14-02-2014, 06:21 PM
:greengrin

http://youtu.be/TKtFpOIa07c

Casper
25-04-2014, 04:55 PM
I took it upon maself to get a large one on the back of my thigh........AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. Its no nice trying to stifle pain and the artist is asking if your ok......" aye nae probs mate" :boo hoo::boo hoo:

Pmsl ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jones28
29-04-2014, 12:18 AM
Not the ribs