PDA

View Full Version : Staples External HDD Madness

Sylar
16-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Staples had to take down their website today as they experienced a surge in traffic with people trying to take advantage of a monumental pricing error, when they advertised a Seagate 4TB NAS External HD for 1p plus postage!

20TB of storage on the way for £4.79, assuming Staples honour the pricing (which, I'm not holding my breath for :greengrin).

grunt
16-01-2014, 07:37 PM
That's right, tell us after they've closed the website! :D

Speedy
16-01-2014, 07:59 PM
No chance they'll honour it.

Sir David Gray
16-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Marks & Spencer had a similar error on their website the other day when they were offering a £700 reclining armchair for 50p.

They're not honouring it.

Sylar
16-01-2014, 08:48 PM
I fully expect they won't but worst case, they'll refund the £5 odd (which was done as a business purchase anyway) and I'm no worse off.

You don't try...:greengrin

easty
17-01-2014, 06:53 AM
I fully expect they won't but worst case, they'll refund the £5 odd (which was done as a business purchase anyway) and I'm no worse off.

You don't try...:greengrin

Tut tut....Staples isn't the approved supplier for that sort of business purchase is it TSSF?

You should be using XMA or Insight I would imagine.

Sylar
17-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Tut tut....Staples isn't the approved supplier for that sort of business purchase is it TSSF?

You should be using XMA or Insight I would imagine.

Not at all, but whilst the University don't care about us finding the cheapest sources for our purchases (as it's not their money), I'm keen to save money where I can. Playing the dafty has prolonged our budget by about 6 months :greengrin

jonty
19-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Cut out the middle man and save yourself a bomb. Our HP desktops now costs half the price we could get them from Insight (including educational discount).

Only downside is they're made to order and take longer to deliver. Saving £200+ per unit does help though :greengrin