frazeHFC
30-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Cheers! :thumbsup::flag:

Glesgahibby
30-12-2013, 01:17 AM
:thumbsup:fANTASTIC:thumbsup:

JOD
30-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Cheers M8 at the game but on the p ss since just home :drunk: could have been 5 or 6 :drunk:

SunshineOnLeith
30-12-2013, 01:33 AM
I defy any Hibs fan to watch Lewis screaming for the ball in the final seconds, before finishing like that, without a massive smile on their face!

Boyle89
30-12-2013, 01:33 AM
Stevenson looked good bombing forward to support attacks, seems to have more confidence about him. Clear pen for cairney, skins the man inside out and gets nothing. Get the feeling he will have to get punched before he gets a penalty.:tbgwa:

AgentDaleCooper
30-12-2013, 01:40 AM
I defy any Hibs fan to watch Lewis screaming for the ball in the final seconds, before finishing like that, without a massive smile on their face!

yup, couldn't help myself either...seems like terry might have told him he needs to be more greedy or something - i wonder if he's been banging them in in training of late or something? seems like him and cairney are new players since TB's arrival at any rate!

California-Hibs
30-12-2013, 02:01 AM
THAT goal from Stevenson....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

WestEndHibee
30-12-2013, 02:20 AM
THAT goal from Stevenson....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What a finish! The fact that he tried and failed at it earlier but then had another go tells a story too. Lewis seems to be brimming with confidence. I put it down to the 12 days of stevenson.

Centre Hawf
30-12-2013, 02:48 AM
Don't think me and the lads around me have celebrated a goal like that before, especially one that in the grand scheme of things didn't mean much.

Lewis absolutely deserved that goal today, he was brilliant from start to finish. Rinse and Repeat for the 2nd please Lewis :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fergus52
30-12-2013, 02:50 AM
What a performance from Stevenson!

The wee touch he did to set up the shot on his right foot was sublime.

HoboHarry
30-12-2013, 03:53 AM
I wish the cameras had caught his complete celebration....

Weststandwanab
30-12-2013, 04:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BhGKKSVMOk cheers I could not make the match today but loved watching that.

I defy any Hibs fan to watch Lewis screaming for the ball in the final seconds, before finishing like that, without a massive smile on their face!A massive smile from me as I watched it twice.

yup, couldn't help myself either...seems like terry might have told him he needs to be more greedy or something - i wonder if he's been banging them in in training of late or something? seems like him and cairney are new players since TB's arrival at any rate! Indeed it does.

I wish the cameras had caught his complete celebration.... What did the cameras miss ?

Barney McGrew
30-12-2013, 04:12 AM
The third goal is what we've been missing all season. Pace on the counter attack, great run and ball from Collins, sublime first touch from Lewy and a great finish.

Superb stuff all round :aok:

hibsbollah
30-12-2013, 06:23 AM
Thats the first home game ive missed all season.
Should I stay away :dunno: we look like a different side.

SanFranHibs
30-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Was in a pub in Paris and watched the first half of the ICT v Celtic game whilst waiting for the Newcastle v Arsenal game. Both of those games were terrible I thought.

Wish Hibs v Killie had been on as it seems like it was an open game with chances at both ends although we certainly had more and to see Hibs go from being scared to shoot to shooting on sight was pleasing, so very pleasing (No copyright infringement intended).

You can see the confidence returning in the players individually which of course means the team as a whole is becoming more confident.

Good performace.

:flag:

IndieHibby
30-12-2013, 08:33 AM
cheers I could not make the match today but loved watching that.

A massive smile from me as I watched it twice.

Indeed it does.

What did the cameras miss ?

Basically the entire team and entire stadium giving him an extended celebration, in recognition of the regard that he is held in and the fact that his goal was probably the most deserved goal most of us have seen in a long time.

special moment, and I for one am glad I was there :flag:

Bob Box Fish
30-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Been a long time since we created so many chances.

Craig_in_Prague
30-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Collins still seems to be getting a bit of a hard time on most threads, but on the highlights he appears to be driving forward a lot, whilst he is decent in the air, keep supplying to him and I'm sure he get amongst the goals.

As for wee Lewis, fantastic. What a performance. Keep it up!

...WentToMowAnSPL
30-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the highlights... Hadn't realised that Lewis was on the end of all those chances - not far away with any of them and what a goal at the end :-)

hibsbollah
30-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Collins still seems to be getting a bit of a hard time on most threads, but on the highlights he appears to be driving forward a lot, whilst he is decent in the air, keep supplying to him and I'm sure he get amongst the goals.

As for wee Lewis, fantastic. What a performance. Keep it up!

I've been critical of some of Collins' displays but ive always thought his main problem is the lack of service and creativity around him. It hasnt been a great start to his Hibs career but as the rest of the team starts to gel im sure he will improve. He's scored too many goals down south over successive seasons for it to be a fluke.

Jonny1875
30-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Cairney really has improved the team going forward immensely.

Spike Mandela
30-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Don't think either of the two penalty claims looked like penalties in the highlights.

Onceinawhile
30-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Don't think either of the two penalty claims looked like penalties in the highlights.

Even the one where the boy hauls cairney to the ground? What annoys me about the collins incident is the fact that he got a foul given against him about 5 minutes earlier for the exact same challenge!

weecounty hibby
30-12-2013, 10:12 AM

First one defo was. Second wasnt. On the first PC is past the defender and the defender then stumbles and pulls him down. Maybe not deliberste but stopped a shooting chance and should have been a pen.
You going on the bus on thursday or going earlier? Could maybe sqeeze in a couple of pints in Alloa before getting on the bus?

DanHFC1875
30-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Great to see Stevenson playing well after all the sh*te he's been through with playing right back and getting a lot of stick. Great goal.

Keith_M
30-12-2013, 02:03 PM

Consider yourself the recipient of a Football Banning Order

:wink:

147lothian
30-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Colins worked his socks off and was very unlucky not to score, he was holding the ball up well and brings others into the play, I also thought Stevenson and Cairny were fantastic today, they don't have the pace and trickery of Harris though, to get forward and provide crosses or feed a cross, once Harris comes back, I think people will start to realise that Colins is the real deal

Woody70x2
30-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Great to see Stevenson playing well after all the sh*te he's been through with playing right back and getting a lot of stick. Great goal.

He's hitting them far too far out... Butcher get it sorted 😄

SunshineOnLeith
30-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Even the one where the boy hauls cairney to the ground? What annoys me about the collins incident is the fact that he got a foul given against him about 5 minutes earlier for the exact same challenge!

Yup, that's what annoyed me about the Collins one as well. Don't think either were fouls but if you give one you give the other, doesn't matter whether it's attacker on defender, vice versa, in the box or outside, a foul is a foul.

matty_f
30-12-2013, 03:19 PM
First one defo was. Second wasnt. On the first PC is past the defender and the defender then stumbles and pulls him down. Maybe not deliberste but stopped a shooting chance and should have been a pen.
You going on the bus on thursday or going earlier? Could maybe sqeeze in a couple of pints in Alloa before getting on the bus?

The second one Collins gets his legs taken before the boy comes away with the ball. Definite foul imho.

ano hibby
30-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Delighted for Lewis:agree:

Also good to see more shots on target from a variety of players, assuming Butcher encouraging this.

Robertson unlucky not to score with that header.

Get the feeling Collins will score goals if he just gets a few breaks in the box.

Good viewing

greenlex
30-12-2013, 04:58 PM

As for wee Lewis, fantastic. What a performance. Keep it up! He grafts away and is the kind of player you like to play alongside.He will get goals in and around the box. He is however pish in the air. You will be lucky if he wins 10% of headers and has the ability to make his neck smaller as he he jumps.

poolman
30-12-2013, 05:00 PM
There was not much in the game and in the second half we dominated for long periods.......Alan Johnston

WTF

surreyhibbie
30-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks for that!

:greengrin:thumbsup:

--------
30-12-2013, 05:25 PM

Yup - it's obviously been all YOUR FAULT! :grr:

A cracking header by Hanlon from a peach of a corner for the first goal; Collins' looping header was going in and needed a top save from Sampson; another cracking header from Robertson; Lewis's shot to the far post needing another top save from Sampson. Lewis could have had another before he scored, and PC's goal was inch-perfect to the bottom corner.

I think Collins will come good - he's a willing runner and a couple of times there he was completely unselfish in his distribution.

3-0 and 5 or 6 really near things. Happy days are here again!

Oh yes - I have to admit it - Jordon Forster looks to have the makings of an excellent right-back. Now if we could get Jake and Tim Clancy fit for the last 3 months of the season, and Heffernan and Harris as well ....

down-the-slope
30-12-2013, 05:25 PM

My brother.....£198 riding on Hanlon first scorer & 2-0......going so well...then he goes and does that

Aldo
30-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Yup - it's obviously been all YOUR FAULT! :grr: A cracking header by Hanlon from a peach of a corner for the first goal; Collins' looping header was going in and needed a top save from Sampson; another cracking header from Robertson; Lewis's shot to the far post needing another top save from Sampson. Lewis could have had another before he scored, and PC's goal was inch-perfect to the bottom corner. I think Collins will come good - he's a willing runner and a couple of times there he was completely unselfish in his distribution. 3-0 and 5 or 6 really near things. Happy days are here again! Oh yes - I have to admit it - Jordon Forster looks to have the makings of an excellent right-back. Now if we could get Jake and Tim Clancy fit for the last 3 months of the season, and Heffernan and Harris as well ....

I think Collins is an excellent player and does a lot of unseen work. Yeah he's a striker and should be scoring but his willingness to run run run and run is vital for the team.

What we are seeing now is midfielders getting beyond our striker (s) And giving the opposition problems in the final 3rd.

As for Clancy and Jake, I think they will find it very hard to force themselves into the starting 11 with the form of the current back 4.

Heff and Harris will also be welcome boosts.

I am hoping to see Heff on the bench on Thursday.

Hibercelona
30-12-2013, 05:53 PM
My brother.....£198 riding on Hanlon first scorer & 2-0......going so well...then he goes and does that

I hope your brother was a Stevenson fan before that happened. :greengrin

Twiglet
30-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Highlights up on Hibs TV, but stop after Cairney's goal. The wee video on the main site with the Killie goals only show the first 2.:confused:
I really want to listen to Boozys reaction to Lewis's goal, you know from listening to him he loves Hibs.

Craig_in_Prague
30-12-2013, 06:40 PM
He grafts away and is the kind of player you like to play alongside.He will get goals in and around the box. He is however pish in the air. You will be lucky if he wins 10% of headers and has the ability to make his neck smaller as he he jumps.

I meant heading of the ball on goal, (not in the air in general) he is pish? Really?
I haven't seen much other than highlights and the odd live tv game, but he looks like he'd grab some headed goals if the service continues?

WindyMiller
30-12-2013, 08:08 PM
I wish the cameras had caught his complete celebration....http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/javaImages/44/94/0,,10290~12489796,00.jpg