PDA

View Full Version : NHC England v Chile

monktonharp
16-11-2013, 02:10 AM
slap in the face for all England fans to get beat by Chile? the report I've just read says that it could have been more. I have no idea as to the population of that south American country, my only knowledge being of the Pinochet Government who had close contacts with our very own Baroness Thatcher, during the times of executing people in football stadiums. still glad the Chileans won tonight though. I like to hear a wee bit of Chilean pipes, at the top o Bath Street Portobello or the East end of Princes Street though

PerfectlyFranck
16-11-2013, 02:34 AM
slap in the face for all England fans to get beat by Chile? the report I've just read says that it could have been more. I have no idea as to the population of that south American country, my only knowledge being of the Pinoche Government who had close contancts with our very own Baroness Thatcher, during the times of executing people in football stadiums. still glad the Chileans won tonight though. I like to hear a wee bit of Chilean pipes, at the top o Bath Street Portobello or the East end of Princes Street though

They're only a couple of places below in the world rankings [England 10th & Chile 12th]. I've only seen clips of them, other than the friendly against England, and they looked very good going forward.
17.4m people, according to the 2012 census; according to Wikipedia. They have some of the world's best footballers, although I wouldn't have thought enough!

They seem to excel as a unit though, so perhaps you don't need 11 superstars to succeed at that level.
I don't think they'll do much at the World Cup, but they looked good enough to play against the 'best'.

Vidal wasn't playing against England, who is a fantastic footballer.
He is easily Chile's & Juventus' best player, in my opinion anyways.

jamieross
16-11-2013, 03:05 AM
They're only a couple of places below in the world rankings [England 10th & Chile 12th]. I've only seen clips of them, other than the friendly against England, and they looked very good going forward.
17.4m people, according to the 2012 census; according to Wikipedia. They have some of the world's best footballers, although I wouldn't have thought enough!

They seem to excel as a unit though, so perhaps you don't need 11 superstars to succeed at that level.
I don't think they'll do much at the World Cup, but they looked good enough to play against the 'best'.

Vidal wasn't playing against England, who is a fantastic footballer.
He is easily Chile's & Juventus' best player, in my opinion anyways.

Great player but Sanchez is easily the best in the Chile team, imo of course. He ran rings round Engerland tonight, and now hes fully settled at Barca, seems to be doing the business for them.

Cant see them doing to much at the world cup, a more clinical team than England would have finished the Chileans of at half time imo.

Gus
16-11-2013, 06:19 AM
Wee friendly that is all against a team who will also be at the World Cup. England looked poor but hey ho I shall enjoy supporting England next year and putting up with the ABE chat, which is just to cover the fact Scotland wont be represented......again.

Population debate means heehaw. Iceland have done nae bad.

Allant1981
16-11-2013, 06:20 AM
Not a lot of well known players but they are decent enough, england just arent as good as their media would like them to be

weonlywon6-2
16-11-2013, 08:49 AM
slap in the face for all England fans to get beat by Chile? the report I've just read says that it could have been more. I have no idea as to the population of that south American country, my only knowledge being of the Pinoche Government who had close contancts with our very own Baroness Thatcher, during the times of executing people in football stadiums. still glad the Chileans won tonight though. I like to hear a wee bit of Chilean pipes, at the top o Bath Street Portobello or the East end of Princes Street though

ah but Engerlund had a makeshift team out don't you know according to the BBC:rotflmao: