PDA

View Full Version : Has Jimmy Nicholl left?

hfc rd
11-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Wonder what's going to happen with him now that Malpas has arrived with Butcher? Him and Kenny Shiels together at ICT maybe?

J-C
11-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Wonder what's going to happen with him now that Malpas has arrived with Butcher? Him and Kenny Shiels together at ICT maybe?

TBH was a bit disappointed with what he's done, or not done at ER since he arrived, thought he may have got something out of these players but looking at last 2 games, he'll not be missed either.

Persevere80
11-11-2013, 10:50 PM
He come to the club with a good reputation. If he goes it a shame, he's not had long.

chrisski33
11-11-2013, 11:09 PM
He didnt fire the players up on sat so no great loss

MontrealHibs
12-11-2013, 04:50 AM
Hope you guys give Terry Butcher a bit longer!?

Matty_Jack04
12-11-2013, 06:05 AM
TBH was a bit disappointed with what he's done, or not done at ER since he arrived, thought he may have got something out of these players but looking at last 2 games, he'll not be missed either.

Ive not been too impressed with some of the comments he's made to be honest, 'I just come into work and try and stay under the radar' being my main gripe not exactly the attitude you'd think an assistant manager would have so not overly concerned he's leaving wish him all the best though I'm sure he's a decent guy

Hibercelona
12-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Hope you guys give Terry Butcher a bit longer!?

It takes 5 minutes to fire players up. I'll give him 5 minutes to do just that.

Just_Jimmy
12-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Ive not been too impressed with some of the comments he's made to be honest, 'I just come into work and try and stay under the radar' being my main gripe not exactly the attitude you'd think an assistant manager would have so not overly concerned he's leaving wish him all the best though I'm sure he's a decent guy

I agree. From before the Motherwell game his comments stank of defeat as soon as Pat resigned. He kept complaining he was gutted that Fenlon had gone rather than seeing it as an opportunity to push on and either establish himself or keep his job under the new guy.

Poor from him I feel. Defeatest attitude.

Heisenberg
12-11-2013, 12:02 PM
I'd imagine he'll be away. The way he initially set up against Inverness was brutal and cost both goals.

Billychaotic182
12-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Hope he stays on.

GreenPJ
12-11-2013, 12:30 PM
I'd imagine he'll be away. The way he initially set up against Inverness was brutal and cost both goals.

McGivern cost us the goals.

Heisenberg
12-11-2013, 12:34 PM
McGivern cost us the goals.

Mcgivern was pish, cant argue with that. Setting up with such a narrow midfield against a team with pace and movement out wide and in forward areas was suicide.

Slim Shady
15-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Scott Burn (Football Writer with Scottish Dailly Express) has tweeted that Jimmy Nic has left Hibs?

Not seen this elsewhere - hopefully not true was hoping he would stay on!!

jacomo
15-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Not seen an announcement from Hibs on this, but I'd be very surprised if Jimmy N stays on. What would his role be?

Billy Whizz
15-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Scott Burn (Football Writer with Scottish Dailly Express) has tweeted that Jimmy Nic has left Hibs?

Seemingly his details/photo have disappeared on the official site, under coaches.

wheniwas5
15-11-2013, 06:48 PM
deserves to go for the interview he gave pre match v motherwell. most negative ever

Bronson
15-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Some harsh criticism of the guy here, he was behind our best summer signings in Heff and Nelson.

Jonnyboy
15-11-2013, 10:04 PM

:agree:

hibees 7062
15-11-2013, 10:08 PM

Nicholl left Hibernian soon after their new management team was recruited. wiki

glenn6270
15-11-2013, 10:11 PM
deserves to go for trying to talk fenlon out of walking gross miss conduct for me
:aok:

random sub
15-11-2013, 10:38 PM
deserves to go for trying to talk fenlon out of walking gross miss conduct for me
:aok:

ha ha- too true.

His post match interview after Inverness was a shocker too. Really defeatist and plugging away at all the cliches. He is not what we need to move forward

IberianHibernian
15-11-2013, 10:49 PM
He has vast experience as a manager / coach but seems to be overlooked ( with Northern Ireland a couple of times for example ) or not interested in being manager ( maybe like CC ? ) when manager`s posts come up . When he was appointed in summer , I assumed he`d take over if PF decided he`d had enough . Wouldn`t have wanted Nicholl permanently but still don`t understand why we rushed into TB appointment having Nicholl and Maybury there instead of looking into other possibilities but presume it was because arrival of TB had been decided a while ago .

Dashing Bob S
15-11-2013, 11:24 PM
If he hasn't already gone he will, and he should. Nothing against the guy but we now have a (new) coaching and management team in place and he is superfluous to requirements.

monktonharp
15-11-2013, 11:38 PM
If he hasn't already gone he will, and he should. Nothing against the guy but we now have a (new) coaching and management team in place and he is superfluous to requirements.:agree:but, the question has to be asked: will Tam Mc Court still be in the important photos?

theonlywayisup
15-11-2013, 11:56 PM
I have been told that Nicholls has left Hibs. Also that Thomson stays as goalie coach.

lord bunberry
16-11-2013, 03:32 AM
Not seen an announcement from Hibs on this, but I'd be very surprised if Jimmy N stays on. What would his role be?

Exactly, we have a manager and an assistant, we don't need him anymore. His wages would be better spent on players.

Borderhibbie76
16-11-2013, 06:55 AM
Part of a failed management team..from seeing his 2 matches in charge every bit as tactically naive as Fenlon!! Didnt strike me as very motivational either in any of his interviews!! Better off elsewhere...and time for us to move on!!