PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket next season ?

GreenCastle
11-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are currently for next season ?

Quite early to decide but following on from posts about support the club I thought it would give us a clear idea what fans thoughts are currently.

edinburghhibee
11-11-2013, 01:14 PM
It'll need some change in this club to make me renew again to be honest. I've used my ST twice this season Stranraer in the cup and the weekend there against ICT. The football on show is shocking and I can't justify forking out £425 for the hassle of watching 11 players stroll around ER as if they couldn't give a ****. Really hope butcher can turn this club around. He's got some job on his hands

Geo_1875
11-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Over the last few years I've missed more and more games due to other priorities, not through choice, and am failing to see any benefit from having a season ticket. There will always be tickets available for matches both home and away and you can always get your hands on a ticket for Hampden. There will need to be major improvement in all areas of the club before I commit £400+ to next season.

IanM
11-11-2013, 01:22 PM
I was going to ask to see what the numbers were like for people getting half ST's but i dont think the demand is gonna be worth its own thread!

I'll decide closer to the time, enjoy going on a saturday (not the performances or results) but whether i renew will depend on what happens between now and the end of the season - a lot of hard work ahead for everyone included but I done my hard work in April renewing so it's about time i get something back before i commit again

probably will though, saturdays jus aint the same without the football

lord bunberry
11-11-2013, 01:24 PM
I will be renewing as usual.

allezsauzee
11-11-2013, 01:25 PM
I have a season ticket but i want to start enjoying the games again. I've been a regular at ER since 1983 so it's not as if it's trophy wins that's keeping me there. I'm prepared to put up with bitter disappointment at Hampden and the inevitable underachievement in our league position, but I want to see a team that plays with a wee bit of attacking flair that will get me looking forward to watching them each week.

Just_Jimmy
11-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Nah

Can't justify the cash anymore. Don't enjoy the game, takes most of my day up back and forward to Fife, ruins my Saturday evening and most likely weekend and it's boring. ER is soulless now and I just don't have a lot of love left for Hibs anymore. It will take a hell of a lot to fix that.

GreenCastle
11-11-2013, 01:31 PM
I have a season ticket but i want to start enjoying the games again. I've been a regular at ER since 1983 so it's not as if it's trophy wins that's keeping me there. I'm prepared to put up with bitter disappointment at Hampden and the inevitable underachievement in our league position, but I want to see a team that plays with a wee bit of attacking flair that will get me looking forward to watching them each week.

I think this is simple but effective - I agree - we all support Hibs for different reasons but enjoyment of the games has been sucked out of us more recently and as a fan base I believe we are very loyal as can't see many other clubs fans putting up with such dross.

We are into the colder months of the year and I really hope I'm not going to be going to the next few games freezing and not enjoying what's on display.

We really need a boost to get the fans back on board and it will take time but simply enjoying going to ER is important and with our home record over the last 5 years you can see why many are fed up.

Scouse Hibee
11-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Will renew as normal regardless.

Pretty Boy
11-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Probably not.

I've renewed the last 3 years even though i miss about 5 or 6 home games a season. It's just not viable anymore unless my work patterns change.

The quality of the team doesn't exactly inspire me to think twice sadly.

mutley
11-11-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm undecided, but not anything to do with how the team performs between now and the end of the season. My resaon is due to the amount of games I mis, and the fact that you can walk up and sit almost anywhere would make it more cost effective to buy as I go. However I like to think that a ST helps the club out a bit more, so it's all undecided at the moment for me.

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Undecided.

hibby rae
11-11-2013, 01:37 PM
I'll be renewing. Usually have it done before the current season's even ended!

hibs4thecup1988
11-11-2013, 01:43 PM
I am going to be honest - if it wasn't for the people I sit with I would not have renewed this season. I am in a better paid job now and could comfortably choose either Easter Road or Old Trafford(for the enjoyment stakes more than anything). I think it will still be Easter Road if I am honest, but if the product on offer doesn't get better it will be a tough choice to make sadly, and I didn't think I would EVER have to make that choice.

Hibercelona
11-11-2013, 01:49 PM
I think Butcher will have to have some impact, if Hibs hope to sway more fans back.

If he comes in and nothing at all changes, then its going to have a damaging impact on season ticket sales.

But I get the sense that we're about to have an upturn in our fortunes.

steakbake
11-11-2013, 01:51 PM
I may even get one if the right man comes in and creates a bit of excitement about where we're going as a club.

semaj64
11-11-2013, 02:41 PM
will be renewing as usual, but I am longing for that enjoyment of going to ER to come back again

eastterrace
11-11-2013, 02:50 PM
yes will more than likely get mines again but would like to see a bit improvement. also hope the prices dont go up cause that would put people off.

S.sct
11-11-2013, 02:57 PM
There has been no value for years but will wait to see what impact the new manager has before deciding.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
11-11-2013, 03:03 PM
yes will more than likely get mines again but would like to see a bit improvement. also hope the prices dont go up cause that would put people off.

Am I correct in saying the prices for an adult have been the same for the last two seasons correct ? It's hard to justify an increase if the quality drops.

Anyone planning to get a half ST ?

LioNeilMessi
11-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Undecided. Mostly personal reasons due to graduating. If I have a grad job in Edinburgh/surrounding areas then I will renew. Unless I find a hobby for the weekends I'll end up hopelessly watching live updates of the games anyway - currently one of the few things that are less entertaining than seeing Hibs play live :greengrin

kevo1875
11-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Will be renewing as usual

Crossgates Hibs
11-11-2013, 03:42 PM
No the final straw was the Hearts game I wasn't going back till Pat was gone. I will go along give big Tel my support but if the football stays as dire then I will pck and choose my games. It makes no sense financially as I work some weekends and whilst its the managers transfer fund if they get it right on the park I'm sure the money will pour in. Other clubs do a lot better than us on smaller budgets.

hibee_girl
11-11-2013, 03:45 PM
I'll renew as usual no doubt.

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Will renew

Stonewall
11-11-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm in two minds. If I do renew it will be because of the guys I sit beside. Been to two games this season mostly due to indifference so hardly seems worth it. Was going to go to the ICT game but when your 12 year old says he'd rather go and watch Linlithgow Rose away to Blackburn then I think that tells its own story. So I joined him. Good game btw - won 5 nil.

Beefster
11-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Undecided as of now. Obviously, if we get to the Scottish Cup final again, I'll renew as it's the only way that my Granny or Auntie Beryl can get a ticket.

NatureBoy
11-11-2013, 04:07 PM
A few weeks into the closed season will be enough for me to delude myself things might be different this year! I'll therefore renew and my delusion will be crushed 10 minutes into the opening day!

Jonnyboy
11-11-2013, 04:59 PM

Me too.

Flanny boy
11-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Undecided.
You will renew yours bigman you jus cant stay away :agree:

Adniston Burn
11-11-2013, 08:56 PM

Same here and my son also.

Hibs Class
11-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Will most likely renew for my son and I, but it will depend on pricing. He will probably move from disabled student to disabled adult and as he doesn't earn there will need to be a reasonable concession price.

gegs70
12-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Undecided I bought the kids season tickets this year and bar the Celtic game at home we really havent done anything of note, football has been pretty brutal and not worth the money £22 & £28 I think to sttract supporters back they need to address the price bloody expensive for what I have seen on the park.

What would we all pay for what we have seen on the park the last few seasons?

GreenCastle
12-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Undecided I bought the kids season tickets this year and bar the Celtic game at home we really havent done anything of note, football has been pretty brutal and not worth the money £22 & £28 I think to sttract supporters back they need to address the price bloody expensive for what I have seen on the park.

What would we all pay for what we have seen on the park the last few seasons?

I think 10 for kids / 15 for adults max is probably reasonable.

Basing it on Saturday's performance against ICT much lower!!

But then you will get the counter argument about pay less= less quality. Well I think many admit the value for money isn't there in SPFL right now.

The problem is trying to match EPL prices with less quality product - I believe the league won't lower prices but they can't raise them anymore surely in the future as it will drive more fans away.

I would like to see better pricing at ER for depending where you sit - central / side of the stand / behind the goals. I would like to see 3 or 4 game packs included - like a bundle of games. Hibs want ST money but I think we have a core of 7-9k that will always buy ST's - it's the rest you need to entice.

I would also not sell tickets to the end blocks of the stands unless for big games / or demand is there - get everyone sitting closer together = better atmosphere and stadium looks more full - would save closing a stand. Surely not that many would be affected either?

Aaron
12-11-2013, 10:40 AM
If we drastically decreased the price of season tickets I wonder if that would encourage more people to get one.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

greenlex
12-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Ill be in my usual Pew. Most probably praying.

Lester B
12-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Ah well only me as a No this season but a Yes for next. Haven't had one in a few years and I wouldn't be seriously contemplating getting one if PF was still in charge!

GreenCastle
12-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Ah well only me as a No this season but a Yes for next. Haven't had one in a few years and I wouldn't be seriously contemplating getting one if PF was still in charge!

I know others who said they wouldn't renew while Fenlon was still in charge - it will be interesting to see if there is a "Butcher effect" meaning more people pick up half ST's or even change their mind between now and the end of the season and renew.

I would like RP to clarify next time at a fans meeting the 11k crowd target that was mentioned a few years ago to maintain Hibs financial stability. Is this still the case ? Was it nonsense ? We haven't been getting that so ?