PDA

View Full Version : Voice of reason

Billy McKirdy
31-10-2013, 11:02 AM
The morning after the night before :rolleyes:.

Never a good place to be especially after last night's disappointment, but where do we go from here? :confused:.

I'm at risk of double-speak here as I voted in the poll on here for Fenlon to be removed, but I feel/know that won't happen and Petrie similarly will resist demands for his removal too.

So, bearing that in mind, where do we go from here?

The obvious answer is an immediate risk of losing any form/luck we've had in recent weeks (the Dons and Yams result apart) and dwindling attendances as a result.

It seems obvious to all that Pat has taken this club as far as he can and he is on borrowed time but knowing how the board works that time will probably extend to the very end of a probable poor season.

So it looks like we're stuck with him.

What can he and the players he has do to restore some pride before our season completely implodes.

Or has that already happened?

Thoughts please :aok:

RecobasUncle
31-10-2013, 11:14 AM
If we are stuck with him, which we shouldn't be as the cost of sacking him would be offset by improved attendances in a winning team then.....

At least I'll save money on going to matches.

Speedway
31-10-2013, 11:17 AM
The morning after the night before :rolleyes:.

Never a good place to be especially after last night's disappointment, but where do we go from here? :confused:.

I'm at risk of double-speak here as I voted in the poll on here for Fenlon to be removed, but I feel/know that won't happen and Petrie similarly will resist demands for his removal too.

So, bearing that in mind, where do we go from here?

The obvious answer is an immediate risk of losing any form/luck we've had in recent weeks (the Dons and Yams result apart) and dwindling attendances as a result.

It seems obvious to all that Pat has taken this club as far as he can and he is on borrowed time but knowing how the board works that time will probably extend to the very end of a probable poor season.

So it looks like we're stuck with him.

What can he and the players he has do to restore some pride before our season completely implodes.

Or has that already happened?

Thoughts please :aok:

Where we go from here is the same place we've been going since late 2007 - Nowhere.

southsider
31-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Where we go from here is the same place we've been going since late 2007 - Nowhere.

The road to nowhere or the road to God knows where, both are apt. We need to turn up the heat on Farmer as he hates bad press.

Jones28
31-10-2013, 12:20 PM
All we will do is chase our own tail until the end of the season, go nowhere and end up in the bottom 6. Fenlons contract won't be extended and we will get in another new manager who wants to "clear out the dead wood" and "change the whole culture" at Hibs. Same **** Different Season.

The change needs to go further than managerial.

hughio
31-10-2013, 01:06 PM
The Petrie/Farmer regime is the only show in town.This is the unfortunate reality.

The days of John Brownlie bombing down the touchline or Sir Pat striding forward with the ball with runners on both sides of him are gone.

There is no choice my fellow Hibees but to put up with this crap football till the attedances and subsequent balance sheet makes the bean counters take notice.

:rolleyes:

hibbeedavid
31-10-2013, 01:14 PM
After last years comment by STF that he 'wishes he had a 100 Petrie's' means that it will take something drastic to get him moved on, and STF is just happy to have the club plodding along so Petrie's job is still totally safe IMHO

The only thing that would see Petrie removed by STF would be administration or
Similar which would never happen so he's here until he chooses to go, with any luck he might get the SFA/SPFL gig he's been craving for

Hibercelona
31-10-2013, 01:19 PM
After last years comment by STF that he 'wishes he had a 100 Petrie's' means that it will take something drastic to get him moved on, and STF is just happy to have the club plodding along so Petrie's job is still totally safe IMHO

The only thing that would see Petrie removed by STF would be administration or
Similar which would never happen so he's here until he chooses to go, with any luck he might get the SFA/SPFL gig he's been craving for

Even if RP does go, Farmer is only going to replace him with another yes man, who will keep the balance sheets steady and won't know that the ball is round anymore than RP does.

Until Farmer goes. Nothing will change. And I mean "nothing".

hibbeedavid
31-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Even if RP does go, Farmer is only going to replace him with another yes man, who will keep the balance sheets steady and won't know that the ball is round anymore than RP does.

Until Farmer goes. Nothing will change. And I mean "nothing".

Sadly I think your right

And there is no-one waiting in the wings to take over from him, and I just don't think in the long term fan ownership is a workable model

To Farmer the importance of Hibs is existing and not being successful, and that acceptance of mediocrity is riddled down the club top to bottom

schinkenotto
31-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Sadly I think your right

And there is no-one waiting in the wings to take over from him, and I just don't think in the long term fan ownership is a workable model

To Farmer the importance of Hibs is existing and not being successful, and that acceptance of mediocrity is riddled down the club top to bottom

Be very careful what you wish for.Totally agree re Mr Petrie,but also remember the hellishness of Duff/Gray/Mercer and the survival of Hibs was down to STF and initially to the late Kenny MacLean.Who would you have replace STF?

Moon unit
31-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Solution..as stated on other threads..We ALL turn up at the Under 20's games instead of ER until he is emptied! .. this shows how fec#ed off we are ,without turning our backs on all things Hibernian!

The Voice Of Reason
31-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Solution..as stated on other threads..We ALL turn up at the Under 20's games instead of ER until he is emptied! .. this shows how fec#ed off we are ,without turning our backs on all things Hibernian!

Or, at a home game we don't go into the ground - instead, we demonstrate before and after the game outside the main entrance to the west stand (where the protest was last night).

Not a nice thought, but desperate times require desperate measures.

Saorsa
31-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Or, at a home game we don't go into the ground - instead, we demonstrate before and after the game outside the main entrance to the west stand (where the protest was last night).

Not a nice thought, but desperate times require desperate measures.Nae worse than the thought of watching that utter mind numbing pish for the rest of the season.