PDA

View Full Version : Breaking bad

davy malcolm
26-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Is it any good thinking of getting netflix

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
26-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Brilliant mate , very very addictive ( the series lol)

Ggtth

TrinityHibs
26-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Brilliant currently half way through series 2. Great characters, very funny in places and very hard to watch sometimes. My son is on series 4 and says it gets better

silverhibee
26-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Well worth the watch.

Pat out - Walter in.

davy malcolm
26-10-2013, 08:08 PM
My sister says it was good she watched 5 series in three days

ManBearPig
26-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Its 2nd greatest show ever even more cinematic than the Sopranos.

Flynn
26-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Game of thrones>the wire>breaking bad.

3rd best show of all time in my book. The final season is just awesome. Great telly.

CallumLaidlaw
26-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Currently sitting in my Heisenberg t shirt purchased in Florida last week, it was my favourite tv series ever.

7Hero
26-10-2013, 11:21 PM
The best programme ever made, I miss it so much

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ManBearPig
27-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Game of thrones>the wire>breaking bad.

3rd best show of all time in my book. The final season is just awesome. Great telly.

The Sopranos (without which none of thw above would exist. Followed by breaking bad and recently sons of anarchy. Although granted never really gave GoT the te o feel it deserves

davy malcolm
27-10-2013, 10:35 AM
The ending in the sopranos is brutal

Teapot
27-10-2013, 02:55 PM
The best programme ever made, I miss it so much

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

:agree: same. However the restart of The Walking Dead has softened the blow a bit. Its not quite the same though.

ManBearPig
29-10-2013, 08:46 AM

Agreed and will never be properLy resolved with James gandofini passing

marinello59
29-10-2013, 09:37 AM

The ending of the Sopranos was brilliant.
Mrs M59 agrees with you though.

Hibee87
29-10-2013, 11:19 AM
The ending of the Sopranos was brilliant.
Mrs M59 agrees with you though.

I agree, the ending for most series would be a conclusion like - Tony walks away from it all, and lives happily ever after. Tony dies leaving the fan base a bit dissapointed or goes out in a hail of bullets ala scarface.........or leave the fanbase wondering ;) As frustating as it is not knowing, its a brilliant ending and done the trick as EVERYONE talked/talks about it still

Mon Dieu4
01-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Well worth the watch.

Pat out - Walter in.

Half way there now, Mon the Walt!!

Hibs Class
02-11-2013, 07:32 PM
I agree, the ending for most series would be a conclusion like - Tony walks away from it all, and lives happily ever after. Tony dies leaving the fan base a bit dissapointed or goes out in a hail of bullets ala scarface.........or leave the fanbase wondering ;) As frustating as it is not knowing, its a brilliant ending and done the trick as EVERYONE talked/talks about it still

Thought it was clear that Tony died - did I misinterpret it?

Mr White
02-11-2013, 07:58 PM
I've read 2 theories 1. He's dead. 2. The cut to black as an ending signifies the uncertainty of Tonys life and the fact that he could be killed at any moment. I agree with you, he's dead based on the conversation he has with bobby in the boat about the afterlife where they agree that when you die that's it over, it just ends.

davy malcolm
02-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Just finished watching breaking bad was for me better than the sopranos

Pretty Boy
02-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Just started watching Breaking Bad this week. Meant to get into it for years but never have.

Loving it. Watched the 1st series in 1 sitting, intended to watch 1 episode of the 2nd just to get it started and ended up watching 4 on the bounce. Heard it just gets better and better as well.

Right up there with the likes of The Wire, West Wing and The Sopranos imo and i can't pay it a higher compliment than that.

wearethehibs
02-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Best series ever made

Gus
12-11-2013, 07:13 AM
I am off sick.....boo. Gonna start Breaking Bad today.

Andy74
12-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Thought it was clear that Tony died - did I misinterpret it?

He did and it was. Lots of clues leading up to it and some of the previous episodes.

On other series, most of them get a bit boring or hard to follow after around 3 series. Breaking Bad keeps going pretty well.

Killiehibbie
12-11-2013, 11:45 AM
He did and it was. Lots of clues leading up to it and some of the previous episodes.

On other series, most of them get a bit boring or hard to follow after around 3 series. Breaking Bad keeps going pretty well. Maybe it was all intended to make you believe they got him but in fact something else happened.

Pretty Boy
12-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Just finished season 3. Still loving it.

I think what i like the best is the way the character of Walt developed so you went from feeling sorry for him to thinking he is quite a despicable man without really realising it.

Mon Dieu4
12-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Just finished season 3. Still loving it.

I think what i like the best is the way the character of Walt developed so you went from feeling sorry for him to thinking he is quite a despicable man without really realising it.

Strap yourself in,it gets even better from here on in!

BroxburnHibee
12-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Strap yourself in,it gets even better from here on in!

It does - gets better and better

matty_f
28-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Finished it last night, absolutely brilliant. Actually gutted that it's finished.

SteveHFC
28-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Hoping to get the box set for Christmas :greengrin

Hibs Class
08-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Finished it last night, absolutely brilliant. Actually gutted that it's finished.

Watched the last 5 episodes this weekend, the final series was brilliant throughout. From series 1 to the end it was fantastic, full of surprises.

matty_f
09-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Watched the last 5 episodes this weekend, the final series was brilliant throughout. From series 1 to the end it was fantastic, full of surprises.

I'm missing it, sad as that sounds I wish I still had another series or two to get through.

Hibs Class
09-12-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm missing it, sad as that sounds I wish I still had another series or two to get through.

I know what you mean, although I read an article by one of the writers or producers a few months ago and they stated the intention to tie up all loose ends in the final series, rather than leave questions hanging; I think they largely achieved that.

Pretty Boy
09-12-2013, 05:42 PM
8 episodes into the final season.

Countdown to the end is on...

Mon Dieu4
09-12-2013, 05:51 PM
8 episodes into the final season.

Countdown to the end is on...

Wait til the one Ozymandias, think its the 3rd last, simply the best episode of tv I've ever seen!

CallumLaidlaw
09-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Wait til the one Ozymandias, think its the 3rd last, simply the best episode of tv I've ever seen!

Got to agree with that. I watched it three times that week.

TRC
09-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Dexter just finished watching that thought it was good and enjoyed the ending.however thought that Breaking Bad was simply the best TV programme I've watched sopranos is close and would have said it was if as planned season 4 of Breaking Bad was never made.

pacorosssco
11-12-2013, 11:03 PM
so good gonna start from beginning again. never ever ever done that.

Beefster
13-12-2013, 07:51 AM

Agreed. I thought that the final season peaked too soon (i.e. with that episode). Was a bit disappointed with the final episode.

Pretty Boy
17-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Just finished. Wow.

Loved the alternate ending as well!

Hibee87
18-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Missus is getting me this for crimbo. Canny wait!!

ive just started watching game of thrones last week so that will keep me occupied till I get breaking bad. and as a side note Game of Thrones is amazing, and I cant believe its taking me so long to watch it. (ive watched all of season 1 and almost all of season 2 in 4 days)

Haymaker
06-01-2014, 02:14 AM
Finished this the other day... What an ending!

Hibee87
06-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Im 2 episodes into the 3rd season now since I got the box set at christmas, totally addictive. think ill be finsihed by the weekend if i continue to watch at the rate im going. so far has been excellent

Aldo
06-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Totally addictive. Only on series 2 bout episode 4. Bryan Cranston is brilliant.

SteveHFC
12-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Just finished watching the last 2 episodes of Season 4.

Outstanding :top marks.

Bring on Season 5!!!

CallumLaidlaw
12-01-2014, 12:53 AM
I just decided to put the finale on again. Fantastic tv

yeezus.
15-01-2014, 08:28 PM
My brother is addicted to this series, does anyone know the cheapest site to get them off?

MJU1875
15-01-2014, 08:37 PM
My brother is addicted to this series, does anyone know the cheapest site to get them off?

Your best 'legal' method is to sign up to Tivo and stream to laptop to TV or if have Virgin Tivo it is an app on the box. All Seasons are available as well as lots of other TV and films, £6 per month and you can cancel at any time (first month free).

BroxburnHibee
15-01-2014, 08:39 PM

They're all Netflix

yeezus.
15-01-2014, 09:20 PM
:aok: cheers everyone!

SteveHFC
16-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Watched the last 4 episodes last night. :top marks

One of the best series i have ever seen :agree:

goosano
26-01-2014, 10:25 AM
I got the boxed set for Xmas and was really looking forward to it having heard so much hype about it. I have to say that I am a little underwhelmed by it. I'm almost at the end of series 2. I understand the better series are the latter ones so I hope this is true. The main problem I have is that the storyline a lot of the time seems incredible and is often full of holes. The action can be a bit slow and is often predictable. Having said that I enjoy the characters and the often black humour

BroxburnHibee
26-01-2014, 11:21 AM
I got the boxed set for Xmas and was really looking forward to it having heard so much hype about it. I have to say that I am a little underwhelmed by it. I'm almost at the end of series 2. I understand the better series are the latter ones so I hope this is true. The main problem I have is that the storyline a lot of the time seems incredible and is often full of holes. The action can be a bit slow and is often predictable. Having said that I enjoy the characters and the often black humour

I would agree with you about the early episodes as well but stick with it as the series just gets better and better.

I'm watching The Wire now and finding it just as enjoyable

jonty
26-01-2014, 11:32 AM

I struggled up to season 3. It got better, but was eating into my sleeping time. I found I was forcing myself to watch it, rather than through enjoyment.
If Netflix would let you download, I'd watch it on the train, but they don't offer that (yet).

steino1875
26-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Great show at last a series that actually has final ending was getting sick and tired of shows getting canned after 1 or 2 seasons :-)

cabbageandribs1875
26-01-2014, 03:48 PM
downloaded/watched all 5 seasons over the last week, quite entertaining indeed :agree:

danhibees1875
26-01-2014, 04:15 PM
I struggled up to season 3. It got better, but was eating into my sleeping time. I found I was forcing myself to watch it, rather than through enjoyment.
If Netflix would let you download, I'd watch it on the train, but they don't offer that (yet).

That bit about forcing yourself to watch it is how I'd describe it for me and my flatmate said the same thing. Wanted to see how it ended/what all the fuss was about/everyone was talking about it so I stuck with it but from start to finish it took me months to watch (admittedly, I took a bit of a break to watch all of Game of Thrones (much better)).

I would say the first 3 and a half seasons were poor, boring and predictable with the odd decent moment.

The final season and a half was good with the rare poor moment.

That episode with the fly in particular for me summed up the first 3 seasons of the show.....

Haymaker
26-01-2014, 06:30 PM
I found it hard going to until mid way through season 3 then I couldnt get enough!

Hibbyradge
28-01-2014, 09:17 AM

It was the most incredible ending I've ever seen.

I sat for a long time, staring at the TV spellbound, not knowing what to say.

It was perfect.

matty_f
28-01-2014, 12:20 PM

It was perfect.

:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
30-01-2014, 07:30 PM
We're into the final 4 episodes glad the finale is jaw dropping.

jonty
17-02-2014, 03:27 PM

It was perfect.

Hmm I wouldn't go that far. It was a decent ending, but far from perfect. Still a few unanswered questions, but over the course definitely one of the better put together shows.

I'm on to House of Cards next.

BroxburnHibee
17-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Hmm I wouldn't go that far. It was a decent ending, but far from perfect. Still a few unanswered questions, but over the course definitely one of the better put together shows.

I'm on to House of Cards next.

I've just started watching season 2 of HoC - quite like it so far.

.Sean.
17-02-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm just starting series 3.

Its good, but not as good as The Sopranos and nowhere near Lost.

matty_f
18-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Missed out the first time around so just about to start working my way through 24 because it's on Sky box sets. I believe it's a bit good.

Mr White
18-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Missed out the first time around so just about to start working my way through 24 because it's on Sky box sets. I believe it's a bit good.

Its ridiculous at times but really watchable all the same.

BroxburnHibee
18-02-2014, 11:17 AM

Yeah I enjoyed that - definitely better watching them all together than waiting on one per week.

New series due out soon as well

jonty
18-02-2014, 12:07 PM
For me it was the format that a novelty. The storyline was pretty meh. Except the CTU ringtone (once, not repeated like this video. Now its just driving me bonkers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk2Z3_rsBuI

Its ridiculous at times but really watchable all the same.
Standard American stuff :greengrin

Yeah I enjoyed that - definitely better watching them all together than waiting on one per week.

New series due out soon as well

I dunno. I think watching Breaking Bad as a boxset has probably spoiled the suspense. A 24 hour session of 24 might be interesting though :greengrin

matty_f
19-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Everyone should be on board with Boardwalk Empire by the way. It's better than Breaking Bad, IMHO.

Haymaker
20-02-2014, 12:34 AM
Everyone should be on board with Boardwalk Empire by the way. It's better than Breaking Bad, IMHO.

Saw the first season and I loved it... Havent seen the rest!

Tyler Durden
20-02-2014, 10:30 PM

I love both but couldn't agree that Boardwalk is better. Very different shows and in style Boardwalk is closer to The Wire in its slow build each season. Early chapters often seem irrelevant only to prove important to the story as things come together in final few episodes. Dunno if you are up to date but i thought season 4 was back to its best after a mixed third season. Sad to hear that next year will be its last as they've barely scratched the surface of Luciano and Lanskys stories!

I'm currently on Wire re watch for umpteenth time as my missus hasn't seen it. For me that remains untouchable as the greatest tv show ever. An important story and "all the pieces matter". Plot points from episode 2 come into play in episode 50. It's so well constructed and very little I'd change about it.

Killiehibbie
21-02-2014, 07:38 AM
For me it was the format that a novelty. The storyline was pretty meh. Except the CTU ringtone (once, not repeated like this video. Now its just driving me bonkers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk2Z3_rsBuI

Standard American stuff :greengrin

I dunno. I think watching Breaking Bad as a boxset has probably spoiled the suspense. A 24 hour session of 24 might be interesting though :greengrin
You'd still have about 7 spare hours that day.

matty_f
21-02-2014, 07:11 PM
I love both but couldn't agree that Boardwalk is better. Very different shows and in style Boardwalk is closer to The Wire in its slow build each season. Early chapters often seem irrelevant only to prove important to the story as things come together in final few episodes. Dunno if you are up to date but i thought season 4 was back to its best after a mixed third season. Sad to hear that next year will be its last as they've barely scratched the surface of Luciano and Lanskys stories!

I'm currently on Wire re watch for umpteenth time as my missus hasn't seen it. For me that remains untouchable as the greatest tv show ever. An important story and "all the pieces matter". Plot points from episode 2 come into play in episode 50. It's so well constructed and very little I'd change about it.

I thought season 3 of boardwalk was great, especially the finale. Gutted that the next one will be the last - I've loved every minute of the first four seasons.

Mr White
21-02-2014, 07:35 PM
I thought season 3 of boardwalk was great, especially the finale. Gutted that the next one will be the last - I've loved every minute of the first four seasons.

Started season 4 last night and I'm liking it. I rate bwe highly but it's 4th best to the sopranos breaking bad and the wire for me.

matty_f
22-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Started season 4 last night and I'm liking it. I rate bwe highly but it's 4th best to the sopranos breaking bad and the wire for me.

I haven't watched The Wire, but I agree with you on Sopranos, that was unbelievably good television. Boardwalk just edges it over Breaking Bad for me but there's nothing in it, really.

Jones28
05-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Just fired through the first series and on to the second. I really commend the way it didn't dick about. Setting the scene for 3 episodes etc. straight into the action

matty_f
07-03-2014, 07:18 AM
Just finished the first season of 24 last night. That was brilliant, going on to season 2 tonight. No idea why I didn't watch this at the time!
Also worth giving Homeland a mention. That was a cracking show.

Mr White
07-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Just finished the first season of 24 last night. That was brilliant, going on to season 2 tonight. No idea why I didn't watch this at the time!
Also worth giving Homeland a mention. That was a cracking show.

The wire too matty. If you've not seen it it's definitely worth adding to the queue. Outstandingly clever tv.

matty_f
07-03-2014, 04:37 PM
The wire too matty. If you've not seen it it's definitely worth adding to the queue. Outstandingly clever tv.

:aok: heard that about The Wire before, going to download that as well.

Haymaker
07-03-2014, 04:47 PM
:aok: heard that about The Wire before, going to download that as well.

The Wire is the best tv show ever in my opinion. Watched it 14 times through and at 63 hours long that is some undertaking!

Currently I am watching Justified and 24. Great tv!

BroxburnHibee
07-03-2014, 05:18 PM
The Wire is good but I found it a bit depressing by the last series.

Tyler Durden
08-03-2014, 08:25 PM
The Wire is good but I found it a bit depressing by the last series.

Not to have a go but that is of course the point? The futility of war on drugs, the self serving nature of institutions and the decay of American cities/society. The myth of equality of opportunity.

I'm halfway through re-watch number 7 or 8. An absolute pleasure and in a strange way I find the most depressing parts the best as they make a real impact.

I actually think they should show The Wire in schools.

BroxburnHibee
08-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Not to have a go but that is of course the point? The futility of war on drugs, the self serving nature of institutions and the decay of American cities/society. The myth of equality of opportunity.

I'm halfway through re-watch number 7 or 8. An absolute pleasure and in a strange way I find the most depressing parts the best as they make a real impact.

I actually think they should show The Wire in schools.

Yeah I got it - the message was loud and clear however I just felt it was getting repetitive - don't get me wrong I enjoyed it but by the 5th series I had had enough.

Aldo
12-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Finished watching BB the other nite and I have to say OMG what an outstanding series.

Probably the best I've seen.

Cranston was immense as were the others.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Got the whole thing finished in a about 8 days. Finished it on Wednesday. Best thing I have ever watched, absolutely gutted it is finished! Although Walt was great, Jesse really grew on me! Would highly recommend this to anyone. Absolutely phenomenal man!

Breaking Bad - 10/10 :top marks

Dav1986
16-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Finished it tonight! Absolutely tremendous! Felt for Jesse though as he seemed to get a rough time of it a lot of the time! Unbelievably good show!!

West Upper
18-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Finished it today it absolutely brilliant. The first 2 seasons are a bit slow but after that I couldn't stop watching it.

Breaking Bad 10\10

Pretty Boy
18-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Anyone know when Better Call Saul is likely to start?

Mr White
18-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Anyone know when Better Call Saul is likely to start?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/breaking-bad-spinoff-better-call-saul-to-be-filmed-in-albuquerque/

According to this cbs news article from a few days ago it's only just been announced that it's to be filmed in albuquerque so I'd imagine it'll be 6 months at the very least before its on our screens.

CallumLaidlaw
18-05-2014, 06:57 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/breaking-bad-spinoff-better-call-saul-to-be-filmed-in-albuquerque/

According to this cbs news article from a few days ago it's only just been announced that it's to be filmed in albuquerque so I'd imagine it'll be 6 months at the very least before its on our screens.

You're pretty bang on. A few reports have said November premiere.

Mr White
18-05-2014, 07:00 PM
You're pretty bang on. A few reports have said November premiere.

Excellent. Something to look forward to for an otherwise dismal time of year :greengrin

calumhibee1
21-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Breaking Bad was superb. I've started Sons Of Anarchy, just started the 3rd season and really enjoying that so far. :agree:

Mon Dieu4
21-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Every time i go back and watch Band of Brothers someone else in it has turned into a superstar, now besides the main characters i always knew McAvoy, Pegg, Stephen Graham had small parts in it but having watched it again this week Michael Fassbender, Tom Hardy and the guy who plays Moriarty in Sherlock are all in it too

Pete
05-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Sick of people going on about these programs so I deliberately don't watch them in a strange act of defiance. It's made easier by the fact I don't have sky and the programs are always on their third series by the time I get wind of them so I reckon it isn't worth it if you have to trawl through hours just to catch up.

I've just realised that the whole series of breaking bad is on Netflix so I'm going to watch the first episode and see what the fuss is about. Wish me luck!

CallumLaidlaw
05-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Sick of people going on about these programs so I deliberately don't watch them in a strange act of defiance. It's made easier by the fact I don't have sky and the programs are always on their third series by the time I get wind of them so I reckon it isn't worth it if you have to trawl through hours just to catch up.

I've just realised that the whole series of breaking bad is on Netflix so I'm going to watch the first episode and see what the fuss is about. Wish me luck!

Don't expect to be grabbed by it right from the start. It's a grower.

Pete
06-06-2014, 01:08 AM
Don't expect to be grabbed by it right from the start. It's a grower.

Three episodes in and I'm loving it. :aok:

I thought he would never get round to that job in the basement.

Mon Dieu4
06-06-2014, 05:46 AM
Three episodes in and I'm loving it. :aok:

I thought he would never get round to that job in the basement.

Glad you are enjoying it, there is no such thing as just one episode with Breaking Bad

Pete
08-06-2014, 01:28 AM
Glad you are enjoying it, there is no such thing as just one episode with Breaking Bad

You're not joking. Now up to episode three in the second series.

Rather than being slow, I'd say that it's giving the characters time to develop. That episode in Tuco's house has been the highlight so far.

Gripped from the freaky intro right up to the end.

SaulGoodman
09-06-2014, 12:08 PM
You're not joking. Now up to episode three in the second series.

Rather than being slow, I'd say that it's giving the characters time to develop. That episode in Tuco's house has been the highlight so far.

Gripped from the freaky intro right up to the end.

You thought that intro was freaky wait until you see the teddy bear in the pool and the reason for it! :paranoid:

Aldo
09-06-2014, 12:29 PM
You thought that intro was freaky wait until you see the teddy bear in the pool and the reason for it! :paranoid:

Stop it. Don't spoil it for him Meh!! ;-)

Pete
12-06-2014, 03:15 PM

Stop it. Don't spoil it for him Meh!! ;-)

Hey YO, I was not expecting that! :greengrin:

Loving the way the characters are changing slightly. I'm warming to people who I initially thought were ********s and there's one or two whos darker side is now coming out.

Well worth the Netflix cash alone. :agree:

Aldo
12-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Hey YO, I was not expecting that! :greengrin: Loving the way the characters are changing slightly. I'm warming to people who I initially thought were ********s and there's one or two whos darker side is now coming out. Well worth the Netflix cash alone. :agree:

It gets even better trust me!! There are a few more twists and turns.

davy malcolm
12-06-2014, 03:55 PM
The best series ever followed by the shield then the sopranos

Barman Stanton
12-06-2014, 04:08 PM
The best series ever followed by the shield then the sopranos

I would put both the Wire and Sopranos before it. It is excellent though.

Speedy
12-06-2014, 11:08 PM

The Wire takes a lot of patience. It was half way through season 2 and it went from slow and boring to absolutely fantastic.

I expect it to be brilliant second time round though.

Steve-O
13-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Just now finished Breaking Bad after getting through 33 episodes in 5 days, quality stuff :agree:

I've never usually got the patience for long TV series but this one was an exception.

Watched on Netflix too, highly recommended if you don't have it.

On another note, if you've got US Netflix, 'Bates Motel' is actually pretty good too :agree:

easty
13-06-2014, 08:16 AM

The Sopranos, then Breaking Bad, then The Wire, for me. Might start watching The Sopranos from the start again actually. Love it.

matty_f
13-06-2014, 06:16 PM
The Sopranos, then Breaking Bad, then The Wire, for me. Might start watching The Sopranos from the start again actually. Love it.

The Sopranos is the best television I've ever watched. Absolutely fantastic. :agree:

Pretty Boy
21-06-2014, 08:12 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27936867

Mr White
21-06-2014, 07:12 PM

:thumbsup:

Galahibby
21-06-2014, 07:34 PM

Excellent! Still think West Wing was the best ever tho, closely followed by Breaking Bad and the Sopranos in no particular order.

BroxburnHibee
21-06-2014, 09:35 PM
One of the best things about breaking bad is the fact there's absolutely no intro just straight onto the episode. The Sopranos always bugged me with about 2 minutes of credits :greengrin

I loved The West Wing too.

CallumLaidlaw
25-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Interesting....!

http://nationalreport.net/vince-gilligan-announces-breaking-bad-season-6/

Hibee87
25-08-2014, 12:33 PM
Interesting....!

http://nationalreport.net/vince-gilligan-announces-breaking-bad-season-6/

Just been sent that link on facebook........tell me this is true and no some sick joke :hyper:

CallumLaidlaw
25-08-2014, 12:49 PM
It's not being reported anywhere else. I reckon it's fake

Haymaker
25-08-2014, 01:13 PM
It's not being reported anywhere else. I reckon it's fake

Yep. Would be all over the entertainment news.

Also, what would happen in season 6?

Hannah_hfc
25-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Yep. Would be all over the entertainment news.

Also, what would happen in season 6?
I've heard folk speculate 'Walt didn't actually die' which would mean one of these awful character resurrections with an awful story to justify it.

I would be really against a season 6. The show had one of the best possible endings, wrapped up everything it needed to. Just needs to be left be now imo

Pretty Boy
25-08-2014, 06:35 PM
I've heard folk speculate 'Walt didn't actually die' which would mean one of these awful character resurrections with an awful story to justify it.

I would be really against a season 6. The show had one of the best possible endings, wrapped up everything it needed to. Just needs to be left be now imo

Spot on.

Haymaker
25-08-2014, 11:11 PM

Exactly, Walt had to die! He wouldn't survive a gun shot wound whilst having cancer!

Still, this is not reported anywhere else so we can safely say it is *****.

CallumLaidlaw
25-08-2014, 11:19 PM
Exactly, Walt had to die! He wouldn't survive a gun shot wound whilst having cancer!

Still, this is not reported anywhere else so we can safely say it is *****.

Yep, looks that way.

Although I would absolutely watch a 6th season, as it is my favourite show ever, I loved the ending. Tied everything up nicely, and was definitive enough for me. Walt definitely died, no doubts about it.

Pete
26-08-2014, 02:51 AM

But...what if the gun shot the cancer off giving Walt power to escape and starting a new adventure? Stranger things have happened.

I know, I'm wasted in my current job.

Haymaker
26-08-2014, 09:17 AM
But...what if the gun shot the cancer off giving Walt power to escape and starting a new adventure? Stranger things have happened.

I know, I'm wasted in my current job.

... I... never thought of that!

MyJo
29-08-2014, 08:36 PM
I havent seen any of Breaking Bad, at all until i started watching it on Tuesday night.

I've since watched 15 episodes and im absolutely hooked, its brilliant.

Needless to say i've skipped most of whats been said on this thread even though i kinda know how the show ends anyway from reading stuff when it originally aired but im kicking myself now that i didnt get into this before now.

Bighoose
10-09-2014, 08:06 AM
Watched Breaking Bad after much prompting from mates and have enjoyed it.

Since then have been rewatching The Wire for the first time for couple of years and now onto season 4 and have to say that is still my favourite, far more complex characters, more involved plots and diverse story lines.

Fair enough season 5 of the The Wire isnt its strongest, but like Season 1 of Breaking Bad thats more down to the TV company not giving it the go ahead to deliver the full series the writer(s) wanted.

Games of Thrones next and Sopranos box set in cupboard ready for the winter evenings.

Mr White
10-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Watched Breaking Bad after much prompting from mates and have enjoyed it.

Since then have been rewatching The Wire for the first time for couple of years and now onto season 4 and have to say that is still my favourite, far more complex characters, more involved plots and diverse story lines.

Fair enough season 5 of the The Wire isnt its strongest, but like Season 1 of Breaking Bad thats more down to the TV company not giving it the go ahead to deliver the full series the writer(s) wanted.

Games of Thrones next and Sopranos box set in cupboard ready for the winter evenings.

I've just re watched the wire too and I enjoyed season 5 a lot more the 2nd time round.

The Modfather
20-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Not sure what to make of this - http://empirenews.net/amc-announces-breaking-bad-will-return-for-6th-season-you-wont-believe-this-plot-twist/

Generally not a fan of something returning when it has finished as rarely lives up to previous standards, but given the standard of writing cautiously optimistic.

Tyler Durden
20-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Not sure what to make of this - http://empirenews.net/amc-announces-breaking-bad-will-return-for-6th-season-you-wont-believe-this-plot-twist/

Generally not a fan of something returning when it has finished as rarely lives up to previous standards, but given the standard of writing cautiously optimistic.

It's a fake article, Breaking Bad will not be returning

sleeping giant
01-01-2015, 10:11 PM
Finished watching BB and thought it was very good.
Think I'm going to do the Sopranos next.
We had started watching Orange is the new Black but it's not what I thought it would be.