PDA

View Full Version : Hibs vs celtc preview

silverhibee
15-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Now that the International break is over it is now back to business in the SPL on Saturday with the soapdodgers in town to play the first to wear the green, will they play a weakened team against us with thoughts on next Tuesday CL game, hope some of there players picked up injuries tonight that will rule them out for Saturday.

How are we looking on the injury front at EM, hope everyone is fit.

C'mon the Hibs. :flag:

lord bunberry
15-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Our style of play should be more suited to playing a team like celtic, they will come at us and allow our defensive midfielders to play their natural game. If we defend well I can see us sneaking a result.

PatHead
15-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Brown is suspended for the Euro tie so he won't be rested unfortunately

BH Hibs
15-10-2013, 09:16 PM
**** Celtc

Heisenberg
15-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Hope we don't give them as many chances as we gave Partick, if we defend like that again it could turn very ugly. We saw last season that you can get a result off them by being totally full on in chasing them down and fighting for everything, luck is also important mind you.

jodjam
15-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Our style of play should be more suited to playing a team like celtic, they will come at us and allow our defensive midfielders to play their natural game. If we defend well I can see us sneaking a result.

Pretty much how I see it. Hopefully midfield can support front man/men and make it hard for celtc. No reason why we can't get something out of this.

IberianHibernian
15-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Last year`s win against Celtic was one of our best performances of last decade - not in terms of great , attacking football obviously but it was years since I`d seen any team work so hard for a win and though we rode our luck at times it was still deserved . This year`s different in that we probably have better midfield players except Claros who was fantastic that day and Celtic may be weaker . Deegan was tremendous in that game ( and that was after his incident in George Street ) and will be missed this weekend .

brianmc
15-10-2013, 09:35 PM
We have a style of play????
Well spotted if true!

monktonharp
15-10-2013, 11:19 PM
hope Broony disnae get away with half the stuff he did against us last time round. I thought he was trying like a bear, to noise up wee Claros in the final which worked, and Claros did not know how to handle it. they also ripped us up for ersepaper down their left hand side and our right back gave too much leeway to themand was turned outside in, a few times. we froze a bit, as usual in the final but here's hoping we have a bit more fight this time.

B.H.F.C
15-10-2013, 11:39 PM
hope Broony disnae get away with half the stuff he did against us last time round. I thought he was trying like a bear, to noise up wee Claros in the final which worked, and Claros did not know how to handle it. they also ripped us up for ersepaper down their left hand side and our right back gave too much leeway to themand was turned outside in, a few times. we froze a bit, as usual in the final but here's hoping we have a bit more fight this time.

We are by no means brilliant but I think we have a better team (or certainly more players capable of getting a goal) than we did that day. We were reliant on Griffiths doing something and we were lucky if he was 50% fit.

You're right about Brown, we never went near him all day. Time for his mate Thomson to step up this Saturday and make sure that doesn't happen again.

Need to be a big performance to win but hopefully they have one eye on Ajax.

shetlandhibee
16-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Williams

Stevenson-(because he wont get bullied like maybury did in the final last year)
nelson-(he can't keep the ball on the ground but he's solid)
Hanlon
mcgivern

Robertson
Thomson-(can deal with brown)
OTJ
Craig

Zoubir
Heffernan or Collins

If we go out to attack from the off I think we will win! 2-0

mutley
16-10-2013, 07:30 AM
WilliamsStevenson-(because he wont get bullied like maybury did in the final last year)nelson-(he can't keep the ball on the ground but he's solid)HanlonmcgivernRobertsonThomson-(can deal with brown)OTJCraigZoubirHeffernan or Collins If we go out to attack from the off I think we will win! 2-0I think that 2-0 is a tad optimistic ( but I hope its true). NOt sure how Celtic will want to play this but if we can hold off to a 0-0 draw I'd be happy

weecounty hibby
16-10-2013, 07:40 AM
I think that 2-0 is a tad optimistic ( but I hope its true). NOt sure how Celtic will want to play this but if we can hold off to a 0-0 draw I'd be happy

Hold off to a 0-0 draw?? Haven't you read the Partick Thistle thread? It's either got to be a stylish win a la Brazil 1970 or a swashbuckling 4-5 defeat to keep everyone on here happy. Holding off to a 0-0 is not the Hibs way apparently

Onceinawhile
16-10-2013, 07:41 AM
If we defend how we did versus partictk it Could be 4 or 5 nil. Just cant see anyway that defence will manage to keep a clean sheet when a simple ball over the top almost always results in a one on one.

On the other hand if we can defend well we probably have the players (craig,zoubir) to sneak a 1-0 or 1-1.

chrisski33
16-10-2013, 07:49 AM
We will lose 3-1

down-the-slope
16-10-2013, 08:01 AM
a moral boosting scoring draw with some decent play (Like St Johnstone match) .... would take that right now :agree:

Liberal Hibby
16-10-2013, 08:01 AM
If we defend how we did versus partictk it Could be 4 or 5 nil. J

Eh? If we defend like we did against Partick we will keep a clean sheet.

Brightside
16-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Hold off to a 0-0 draw?? Haven't you read the Partick Thistle thread? It's either got to be a stylish win a la Brazil 1970 or a swashbuckling 4-5 defeat to keep everyone on here happy. Holding off to a 0-0 is not the Hibs way apparently

Playing for a 0-0 against the best team in the country is a hell of a different from doing the same against Partick Thistle. I'd expect us to line up 451 and try and steal a goal.

Elephant Stone
16-10-2013, 09:51 AM

Celtic have better strikers than Partick Thistle.

Hibercelona
16-10-2013, 09:56 AM

I never realized we defended against Partick Thistle. It looked more like they just weren't capable of scoring.

I have a feeling that Celtic won't have that problem...

Scouse Hibee
16-10-2013, 10:00 AM
I will enter Easter Road on Saturday full of optimism as I do for every home game, I just worry about how I will be feeling when I leave. Straight to four in hand afterwards whatever happens :greengrin

Just_Jimmy
16-10-2013, 10:16 AM
We'll get pumped. Despite a few decent results performances are generally rubbish and we have little imagination. Partick papered over the cracks.

If we don't get beaten heavily it may have more to do with Big Ben again than anything else.

Liberal Hibby
16-10-2013, 10:28 AM
I never realized we defended against Partick Thistle. It looked more like they just weren't capable of scoring.

I have a feeling that Celtic won't have that problem...

Well they weren't great, but if you set out to soak up pressure and hit on the break like we did against Partick (and against Celtc when we beat them last year) then you are always going to offer your opponents chances. The vast majority of Partick's were outside the box.

The idea that we didn't defend well against Partick and were just lucky is nonsense. Apart from a couple of individual mistakes we defended as a unit pretty well and on the few occasions they got through Williams was up to the task.

It will be more of the same on Saturday - so people better get used to it.

silverhibee
16-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Playing for a 0-0 against the best team in the country is a hell of a different from doing the same against Partick Thistle. I'd expect us to line up 451 and try and steal a goal.

Wouldn't surprise me if Collins is dropped for this game and Heffernan gets the 1 up front slot if we go 4-5-1.

silverhibee
16-10-2013, 10:36 AM
I will enter Easter Road on Saturday full of optimism as I do for every home game, I just worry about how I will be feeling when I leave. Straight to four in hand afterwards whatever happens :greengrin

You can talk to the samaritans for the 5 minute walk to the FIH. :greengrin

IanM
16-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Williams

Stevenson-(because he wont get bullied like maybury did in the final last year)
nelson-(he can't keep the ball on the ground but he's solid)
Hanlon
mcgivern

Robertson
Thomson-(can deal with brown)
OTJ
Craig

Zoubir
Heffernan or Collins

If we go out to attack from the off I think we will win! 2-0

Maybury, if fit, needs to play at right back - we need a right back at right back
I'd play stevenson left back though, McGivern needs more game time but Stevenson doesn't deserve to be dropped especially at left back
Thomson - agree.. big test for him on Saturday - but instead of dealing with Brown, let Brown deal with Thomson

I was also in the camp where I wasn't too sure Zoubir should be starting however, this Celtic team have shipped a few more goals than normal this season, we need to score, don't see what's wrong with playing him now from the start to try win the game then defend the lead rather than defend a draw then try to win it - from what I can tell from the Prtick game, most Hibs fans want us to play attacking football .. we attack then defend.. like it

Hibercelona
16-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Well they weren't great, but if you set out to soak up pressure and hit on the break like we did against Partick (and against Celtc when we beat them last year) then you are always going to offer your opponents chances. The vast majority of Partick's were outside the box.

The idea that we didn't defend well against Partick and were just lucky is nonsense. Apart from a couple of individual mistakes we defended as a unit pretty well and on the few occasions they got through Williams was up to the task.

It will be more of the same on Saturday - so people better get used to it.

Sorry. But i don't believe for a second that we "set up" to soak up the pressure and catch them on the break. Why would we? It's Partick Thistle, not a team that we would expect to be outplayed by.

Instead, I think we went out with no game plan at all (like we have done so far this season) and we got very very forunate.

We won't have that fortune against Celtic. So we either set out with a game plan, or we set out with no game plan at all and get stuffed.

16-10-2013, 12:26 PM
If we play like we did against Partick and allow them as many chances as we gave Partick then we will get a humping. I think we will give them a good game though, i'm going for 1-1

flash
16-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Sorry. But i don't believe for a second that we "set up" to soak up the pressure and catch them on the break. Why would we? It's Partick Thistle, not a team that we would expect to be outplayed by.

Instead, I think we went out with no game plan at all (like we have done so far this season) and we got very very forunate.

We won't have that fortune against Celtic. So we either set out with a game plan, or we set out with no game plan at all and get stuffed.

It may not have worked but if to suggest the team were sent out with no game plan is utterly moronic.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-10-2013, 01:56 PM
I very much doubt this thread will make pleasant reading at the back of 2 on Saturday.

marinello59
16-10-2013, 02:02 PM
It may not have worked but if to suggest the team were sent out with no game plan is utterly moronic.

It may have been one ugly anti-football set up but there certainly was a game plan and our players seemed happy to go along with it for the sake of a result. Which we got.

ancient hibee
16-10-2013, 02:11 PM
If Ambrose is going to be on the right of a back three I would definitely start Zoubir on our left of two upfront.

Thecat23
16-10-2013, 02:34 PM
I actually think we might take something from this game. No idea why but I just think if Zoubir starts we could cause them problems. If we play like we did against Partick sadly we'll lose.

silverhibee
16-10-2013, 02:48 PM
I very much doubt this thread will make pleasant reading at the back of 2 on Saturday.

Get the good positive stuff posted now then.

3-1 Hibs

Heff 2

Hanlon 1

:thumbsup: :flag:

Brightside
16-10-2013, 03:20 PM
3-0 Hibs.

Hanlon hat-trick.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-10-2013, 03:21 PM
4-3-1-2

Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
OTJ

Craig

Heff
Collins

First 20 will be crucial, we just need to be positive and hope the back four are solid. Come on hibs.

Sir David Gray
16-10-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm looking forward to the game on Saturday, it's my first game since the Ross County match at the end of August.

Incidentally, I'm not sure if I should share this with anyone or not but I haven't seen us score a goal since David Wotherspoon scored against Dundee back in May.

Since then, I have attended;

Hibs 0-3 Celtic (Scottish Cup final)
Hibs 0-7 Malmo (Europa League)
Hibs 0-1 Motherwell (League)
Hearts 1-0 Hibs (League)
Hibs 0-0 Ross County (League)

I have sat through 461 minutes of football without seeing us score a single goal. :boo hoo:

Thecat23
16-10-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm looking forward to the game on Saturday, it's my first game since the Ross County match at the end of August.

Incidentally, I'm not sure if I should share this with anyone or not but I haven't seen us score a goal since David Wotherspoon scored against Dundee back in May.

Hearts 1-0 Hibs (League)

I have sat through 461 minutes of football without seeing us score a single goal. :boo hoo:

I was useless at Maths and also Prob got this wrong but isn't it 450 mins?

Sir David Gray
16-10-2013, 03:47 PM
I was useless at Maths and also Prob got this wrong but isn't it 450 mins?

David Wotherspoon scored with 11 minutes remaining in the Dundee game. :wink:

Thecat23
16-10-2013, 03:51 PM
David Wotherspoon scored with 11 minutes remaining in the Dundee game. :wink:

I knew I was a dumbass :D

erin go bragh
16-10-2013, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=FalkirkHibee;3772217]I'm looking forward to the game on Saturday, it's my first game since the Ross County match at the end of August.

Do you have to go FH . Jinx that you are .8->
Hope you see your first , second and third (goals)we score on Saturday .

Ggtth

Chuck Rhoades
16-10-2013, 06:09 PM

Pointless post. Why even bother.

DarlingtonHibee
16-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Anyone know if this is free on BT Sport this weekend ?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-10-2013, 06:24 PM

Think so pal:aok:

silverhibee
17-10-2013, 06:20 PM
I actually think we might take something from this game. No idea why but I just think if Zoubir starts we could cause them problems. If we play like we did against Partick sadly we'll lose.

The worry is Samaras Stokes & Commons.

Aldo
17-10-2013, 06:25 PM
The worry is Samaras Stokes & Commons.

Agreed and Brown. Think they can be got at at the back but going forward... There's another story.

Given the chance I am more than certain any of the above... Especially Stokes will punish us.

rcarter1
17-10-2013, 07:36 PM

Hearts 1-0 Hibs (League)

Thats a truly grim sequence. Horrific. In all of those games we not only failed to score, but could have played another 450 minutes of football and not scored. 6th time lucky and all that!:greengrin

xyz23jc
17-10-2013, 08:06 PM

That's just Kwality!!! :greengrin Love that response! :thumbsup:

Higgy115
18-10-2013, 01:34 AM
Random, but in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, any proper green and whites nearby fancy it Saturday and where to watch it?

Boyle89
18-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Ticket pods be open for this surely?

HH81
18-10-2013, 06:33 AM
Looking like a small crowd Saturday having looked online.

Lots of massive gaps. Wish I could go.

Mon Hibs.

HibbyAndy
18-10-2013, 06:50 AM

For sure.

Diclonius
18-10-2013, 07:01 AM
Anyone else supremely confident in our ability to get nothing from this game?

HibbyAndy
18-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Its a fixture i just look to get out the way..Any point(s) is a bonus.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Pointless post. Why even bother.

Its not any different from other folks "we'll get pumped" posts etc on the thread that you didnae feel the need to pull them up for. FWIW I think we'll beat Hearts in the cup if it'll help you sleep better tonight.

HH81
18-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Its not any different from other folks "we'll get pumped" posts etc on the thread that you didnae feel the need to pull them up for. FWIW I think we'll beat Hearts in the cup if it'll help you sleep better tonight.

Your posts always make me sleep Hutchy :zzzzz!::zzzzz!::greengrin

Jim44
18-10-2013, 07:58 AM
I know journos only print the bits they want but it's infuriating to only read about Fenlon's total admiration for Anthony Stokes as if that was the main focus of his pre match press conference. Not a word about his own team's prospects etc.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Glad to be of service! It must be something about HH posters! ;-)

Emerald
18-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Random, but in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, any proper green and whites nearby fancy it Saturday and where to watch it?

I watched the Hibs v Hearts game in Wax bar a few years back when Flecher got the winner. Its small but they cater for the footy, they had Liverpool v Man U on another screen at the same time. On another visit I watched Hibe v Celtic at an Irish bar along the front but can't remember the name. I watched it along with a table of tic fans and we had a good banter. At least after the game it won't be pissing doon like it will be here, enjoy!

Higgy115
18-10-2013, 08:49 AM
I watched the Hibs v Hearts game in Wax bar a few years back when Flecher got the winner. Its small but they cater for the footy, they had Liverpool v Man U on another screen at the same time. On another visit I watched Hibe v Celtic at an Irish bar along the front but can't remember the name. I watched it along with a table of tic fans and we had a good banter. At least after the game it won't be pissing doon like it will be here, enjoy!

Noticed Irish Bar, Old Mill I think it was called, might be best shout to definitely see game although surrounded by Celtc fans. Cheers.

Emerald
18-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Noticed Irish Bar, Old Mill I think it was called, might be best shout to definitely see game although surrounded by Celtc fans. Cheers.

You may be better asking around today but according to the Wax bar website they are not showing it. Blackpool and Newcastle games seem to be their priority.

http://www.waxbars.com/sport-events/sports/

The Irish bar I was in was called The Harp.

down-the-slope
18-10-2013, 09:39 AM

For sure.

:confused: for a Cat A match? not sure they have been as the need to check being on Data Base etc - not an issue for other matches

lord bunberry
18-10-2013, 10:11 AM
You may be better asking around today but according to the Wax bar website they are not showing it. Blackpool and Newcastle games seem to be their priority.

There's an irish bar called molly malones that will probably be showing it and almost next door there's a bar called tj's that also shows all the games as well as soccer saturday if you have got a coupon on.

silverhibee
18-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Stanton and Maybury both out for tomorrow but Handling and Cairney return to the squad and in contention for tomorrows game.

Keith_M
18-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Nothing to do with the game but a quick story about watching matches in Irish Bars.

When I lived in Vienna, I always went to a pub in town called Flanagan's to watch the Hibs games. They normally had the english matches on the TVs but the guy had become so used to me asking if he could switch one of them over to the Hibs match he started reserving a corner, just for me. He'd immediately switch channels when I walked in the door on that one TV.

Incidentally, the guy nicknamed me "Mr Half Time", because we went through a spell of losing every televised match and I'd beg him to change channels back to the English match after 45 mins. :wink:

Oh aye, he also had a photo of a very famous Hibs fan on the pub wall, a certain James Connolly

:duck:

HibbyAndy
18-10-2013, 11:28 AM
:confused: for a Cat A match? not sure they have been as the need to check being on Data Base etc - not an issue for other matches

Aw aye..Didnae hink about that :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
18-10-2013, 12:15 PM
where's the prediction thread?

going for 0-4, maybe 1-6

our perfect tactics, of not having any, and letting Thistle miss many good chances, yielding a lucky 1-0 win, does not pull the wool over my eyes. A thumping is on the cards, if we defend like that.

#FromTheCapital
18-10-2013, 12:20 PM
where's the prediction thread?

going for 0-4, maybe 1-6

our perfect tactics, of not having any, and letting Thistle miss many good chances, yielding a lucky 1-0 win, does not pull the wool over my eyes. A thumping is on the cards, if we defend like that.

Sadly I agree with this, although hibs do occasionaly surprise me especially against the old firm. Unless we step up to the challenge we will get a severe humping because Celtic won't miss as many chances as Partick did :agree:

Pretty Boy
18-10-2013, 12:23 PM
I hate when Celtic come to town. They are the most cringeworthy fans going.

Look out for a round of applause after they finish a song tomorrow (see also the huns and GSTQ) and don't even get me started on the huddle (Poznan to everyone else in the world).

Also looking forward to the couple of Celtic fans i have on my Facebook going into overdrive with the H button on their keyboard over the next 24 hours:

'Come on ghirls and lhads lets make some nhoise and get right behind the bhoys today'

Makes me shick.

silverhibee
18-10-2013, 12:26 PM

It is live on BT 2, do you get that free for tomorrow. :confused: :aok:

HappyHibby93
18-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Not to sure tomorrow, can't say i'm overly confident. Play like we did against Partick and they'll take 3 or 4 of us. However, Hibs now and again surprise us against the ugly sisters. Would like to see zouby start, don't see it though, cannot get it round my head that he wastes Robertson on the right hand side. Still, C'mon the Hibees!!

:pfgwa :flag:

Boyle89
18-10-2013, 12:34 PM

Acht your right. The collections queue is always so long :(

rennie_hfc
18-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Collins definitely needs dropped for tomorrow in my opinion, 2 up top isn't going to work against celtic. Heffernan seems like the kind of striker who prefers the freedom of playing up front on his own.

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2013, 02:04 PM

Gis the number then, you must have it on speed dial :greengrin

Billy Whizz
18-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Stanton and Maybury both out for tomorrow but Handling and Cairney return to the squad and in contention for tomorrows game.

Shame about Stanton, really good player whos impressed me this season. Heard Pats interview and it looks like he's going to be out for a bit. When are we going to get a break on injuries!!!

Higgy115
18-10-2013, 02:55 PM

Cheers for that.

mutley
18-10-2013, 03:05 PM
On the subject of bars, I've never used the Behind the Goals bar at ER, thinking about it tomorrow, is it any good?

PeeJay
18-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Well, the players may well raise their motivation level for the Celtic game and surprise us all as has often been the case against the OF teams. Haven't seen anything yet in Fenlon's "game plans" however, that makes me think he is capable of setting his team on a run against the better teams in the league, but maybe he'll surprise us all too. Personally I think the next few games will show (yet again) that he is not the man for the job - we can't defend and we are not very good at attacking, we're too sluggish, we lack creativity and Fenlon's interview with Hibs TV where he thinks we can hold on to the ball certainly made me laugh. While Celtic may well be concentrating on Tuesday's game against Ajax, and not really be up for it, they are probably far too strong for us - their pace alone will cause us huge problems, looks like 0-3 to me.

Keith_M
18-10-2013, 03:17 PM
On the subject of bars, I've never used the Behind the Goals bar at ER, thinking about it tomorrow, is it any good?

No.

silverhibee
18-10-2013, 03:37 PM

The beverages on sale are warm and horrible, hope that helps, oh, and they are not shy with the prices of said beverages. :aok: :greengrin

Watch out for long queues while waiting to get served also.

That's where i will be getting ripped off tomorrow for pre drink. :cb

Keith_M
18-10-2013, 03:39 PM
The beverages on sale are warm and horrible, hope that helps, oh, and they are not shy with the prices of said beverages. :aok: :greengrin

Watch out for long queues while waiting to get served also.

That's where i will be getting ripped off tomorrow for pre drink. :cb

You missed out turning up late and having nowhere to sit.... or turning up early and people whingeing at you cos they "always sit at that table"

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2013, 03:41 PM

It was great when the laddie was too young to go elsewhere, now I would much rather use a pub.

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2013, 03:42 PM
You missed out turning up late and having nowhere to sit.... or turning up early and people whingeing at you cos they "always sit at that table"

What about the early one or two that reserve about ten seats each :greengrin

silverhibee
18-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Gis the number then, you must have it on speed dial :greengrin

This number deals with a lot of poor souls. 0871 663 1874. :aok: :wink:

Don't spend to long talking to them as they have about another 400,000 trying to get through. :aok:

silverhibee
18-10-2013, 03:57 PM
What about the early one or two that reserve about ten seats each :greengrin

Don't see a problem with it myself. :greengrin

silverhibee
18-10-2013, 04:02 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24503746

silverhibee
18-10-2013, 05:58 PM
C'mon the Hibs. :flag: :hibees :flag:

flash
18-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Well, the players may well raise their motivation level for the Celtic game and surprise us all as has often been the case against the OF teams. Haven't seen anything yet in Fenlon's "game plans" however, that makes me think he is capable of setting his team on a run against the better teams in the league, but maybe he'll surprise us all too. Personally I think the next few games will show (yet again) that he is not the man for the job - we can't defend and we are not very good at attacking, we're too sluggish, we lack creativity and Fenlon's interview with Hibs TV where he thinks we can hold on to the ball certainly made me laugh. While Celtic may well be concentrating on Tuesday's game against Ajax, and not really be up for it, they are probably far too strong for us - their pace alone will cause us huge problems, looks like 0-3 to me.

Aw **** I was looking forward to it as well.

down-the-slope
18-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Aw aye..Didnae hink about that :greengrin

Remember this match is an all-ticket fixture, but the Ticket Office will be open from 10am (sat ) and you can also buy tickets online NOW (no booking fee applies).

Defo no mention of 'pods' for tomorrow

silverhibee
18-10-2013, 09:56 PM
So will it be the same team tomorrow that played Thistle on Monday.

Or will Pat make changes to the team.

Thoughts.

bingo70
18-10-2013, 10:18 PM
So will it be the same team tomorrow that played Thistle on Monday.

Or will Pat make changes to the team.

Thoughts.

The way pat was talking on the news tonight about matching them physically and in the air I've got a feeling he'll bring Otj back in.

I think he'll play 3 in the centre and they'll be Thomson, Robertson and Otj.

frazeHFC
18-10-2013, 10:59 PM
The way pat was talking on the news tonight about matching them physically and in the air I've got a feeling he'll bring Otj back in.

I think he'll play 3 in the centre and they'll be Thomson, Robertson and Otj.

Think he will as well, but what about the rest of the midfield/attack? Craig left is a certainty pretty much. Normally it would then be Collins and Heffernan but he may end up going with 4-5-1 tomorrow.

B.H.F.C
18-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Think he will as well, but what about the rest of the midfield/attack? Craig left is a certainty pretty much. Normally it would then be Collins and Heffernan but he may end up going with 4-5-1 tomorrow.

I think OTJ will come in for Taiwo. He actually did quite well when he came on at Partick. Other than that the only change I could possibly see is Collins dropping out as he's been poor the last couple of games. Possibly for Zoubir but I'm not sure if Pat would chuck him in against Celtic.

The rest of the team will be as it has been. Certainly need to up the performance level from the last two games.

Shields Hibee
18-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Sense a return of OTJ if Pat is looking for a more physical presence and 4-5-1. If we start well and don't lose a goal early on, the result may surprise some. I'd be happy with a 1-0 win and backs to the wall job if we get the goal early stages of the game.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Sense a return of OTJ if Pat is looking for a more physical presence and 4-5-1. If we start well and don't lose a goal early on, the result may surprise some. I'd be happy with a 1-0 win and backs to the wall job if we get the goal early stages of the game.

I'd be delighted with that.

Couldn't care less how the match goes and if it's the most one sided game in the world, as long as we win.

FromTheCapital
18-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Celtic are set to be without Mikael Lustig, Derek Boerrigter, Steve Moyoukolo and Adam Matthews but Tom Rogic, Joe Ledley and James Forrest all return to the squad for tomorrow. Alan Maybury, Alex Harris, Tim Clancy and Jordan Forster are all out for Hibs but Paul Cairney and Danny Handling could both return.

God Petrie
19-10-2013, 03:54 AM
I genuinely hate Celtic so much. Shower of disgusting imposters who should personally buy a pint for every Hibs supporter before they are able to even take the field with the club who spawned their vile little organisation.

God Petrie
19-10-2013, 03:55 AM
Actually, buy us all a pint, dip their cocks in it, throw them at the nearest jambo then buy us all another replacement pint. Twats.

Judas Iscariot
19-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Actually, buy us all a pint, dip their cocks in it, throw them at the nearest jambo then buy us all another replacement pint. Twats.

:top marks

Best post on here in a long time :agree:

AlbertK86
19-10-2013, 10:07 AM
I expect pat to go 4-5-1 with Otj coming in for Collins

Think he will want to shut them down the way he has been speaking so reckon it will be

Robbo. Taiwo Otj Thommo Craig

Across the middle

Collins and Zouby to come on in second half dependant on how it's going

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-10-2013, 10:34 AM
@celticfc: #Celtic team to play Hibernian: Forster; Fisher, Ambrose, Van Dijk, Mulgrew; Commons, Brown, Kayal, Samaras; Pukki, Stokes (MH)

Golden Bear
19-10-2013, 10:37 AM
@celticfc: #Celtic team to play Hibernian: Forster; Fisher, Ambrose, Van Dijk, Mulgrew; Commons, Brown, Kayal, Samaras; Pukki, Stokes (MH)

Nae messing there then!

Surely a mark of respect to the mighty Hibees that they've chosen a team like that.

Or something like that.

:wink:

NYHibby
19-10-2013, 10:41 AM
If you ignore the first 2 games of the season, we would be in solo 2nd place behind only Celtic. I know this is very much a stretch, but one could argue this is a 1vs2 matchup. You would expect Celtic to put out a strong team in much a matchup.

Billy Whizz
19-10-2013, 10:42 AM
@HibernianFCClub: Hibernian: Williams, Stevenson, Nelson, Hanlon, McGivern, Robertson, Tudur Jones, Thomson, Craig, Zoubir, Heffernan #hibees

@HibernianFCClub: Subs: Murdoch, McPake, Vine, Collins, Handling, Taiwo, Mullen #hibees

down-the-slope
19-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Caldwell not involved? Saw him wander out of west. Half an hour ago
Pitch looking fantastic - in fact the whole stadium is looking great.
New addition of nets behind goals - presumably to stop flk getting hit in the puss during warm ups?

NYHibby
19-10-2013, 10:44 AM
4-3-2-1 or 4-4-1-1?

Onceinawhile
19-10-2013, 10:46 AM
4-3-2-1 or 4-4-1-1?

4-4-1-1 per twitter

Andy74
19-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Caldwell not involved? Saw him wander out of west. Half an hour ago
Pitch looking fantastic - in fact the whole stadium is looking great.
New addition of nets behind goals - presumably to stop flk getting hit in the puss during warm ups?

Quite right too looking at the bench.

Tyler Durden
19-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Quite right too looking at the bench.

Squad looks strong - hopefully all involved can make a good game of it. 4-5-1 would be fine to keep us in the game for as long as possible. Interested to see how we line up.

PeeJay
19-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Zoubir to be on from the start apparently along with OTJ - Collins on the bench

down-the-slope
19-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Well other than Maybury being fit that's about as strong as we could start with

aussie_hibee
19-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Exactly the team I would've picked and our strongest possible for today IMHO.

down-the-slope
19-10-2013, 10:58 AM
I hope Ambrose can repeat the last shocker he had here - he was rank and all over the place :)

Golden Bear
19-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Zoubir to be on from the start apparently along with OTJ - Collins on the bench

Proof of the pudding time. Let's see what the guy is really made of.

down-the-slope
19-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Pat being interviewed track side - looks a bit peed off having to be dragged to do this - can understand that

Keith_M
19-10-2013, 11:03 AM
If you ignore the first 2 games of the season, we would be in solo 2nd place behind only Celtic. I know this is very much a stretch, but one could argue this is a 1vs2 matchup. You would expect Celtic to put out a strong team in much a matchup.

...and if you ignore the fact that they scored all the goals in the Cup Final and pretend we scored them instead, that makes us Scottish Cup Holders!

Woohoo!

:thumbsup:

Keith_M
19-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Oh dear, Zoubir on from the start.

If we get humped, I can't make my usual complaint about negative tactics and say Fenlon was an idiot for not bringing Zouby on soon enough.

:wink:

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2013, 11:07 AM
wee lewis at right back, i wonder which wing sellick will pay more attention to

gie the baw tae Zoubir

Fergus52
19-10-2013, 11:09 AM
has this become the 'official' update thread :greengrin?

RCNG
19-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Who saw that piece on hibs on bt a moment ago? It was brilliant!

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2013, 11:11 AM
has this become the 'official' update thread :greengrin?

start one then :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2013, 11:14 AM
a hibs win

Motherwell v hertz draw

Aberdeen v Dundee utd draw

we go 3rd, simples :)

down-the-slope
19-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Difficult when you are at game ;)

cwilliamson85
19-10-2013, 11:16 AM

I was thinking the same. It made the stadium look amazing.

cabbageandribs1875
i'm sure boozy has a scottish accent nowadays

cwilliamson85
Difficult when you are at game ;)

Could be in the pub beforehand ;)

Onceinawhile
19-10-2013, 11:19 AM
4-1-4-1 according to fenlon with a 4-3-3 when attacking.

Barney McGrew
19-10-2013, 11:27 AM
4-1-4-1 according to fenlon with a 4-3-3 when attacking.

So a 4-1-4-1 then :greengrin

Fergus52
19-10-2013, 11:29 AM
start one then :greengrin

I can't deal with that responsibility

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2013, 11:31 AM
I can't deal with that responsibility

it's ok, mikey has taken it on :)

Liam89
19-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Watching OTJ is like watching Kuqi

IWasThere2016
19-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Good half :pfgwa

Aldo
19-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Good half :pfgwa

Really need to try and get the ball to Heff's feet tho cos Effie and Dick are winning everything in the air.

Very encouraging but another 45 mins like the first and I'd be more than happy.

Keith_M
19-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Is this the "alternative match thread for the cool kids"?

joe breezy
19-10-2013, 01:03 PM
cmon Hibs

I might have a pessimistic persona on one thread and be an optimist on the other