PDA

View Full Version : Peaky Blinders

Godsahibby
08-10-2013, 08:05 PM
With all the chat on here with how good some of the American TV dramas like Breaking Bad have been, I really have to take my hat off to the BBC for Peaky Blinders. If you haven't seen it you will be able to catch up on iPlayer. Amazing story based on British gangster in Birmingham in the 1920's. I loved HBO's Boardwalk Empire, but this has been better.

I hope we get a good few long seasons out of it unlike other recent great dramas like Luther where we only get 6 episodes!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Its decent, its nae Boardwalk Empire though.

Wembley67
09-10-2013, 07:10 AM
With all the chat on here with how good some of the American TV dramas like Breaking Bad have been, I really have to take my hat off to the BBC for Peaky Blinders. If you haven't seen it you will be able to catch up on iPlayer. Amazing story based on British gangster in Birmingham in the 1920's. I loved HBO's Boardwalk Empire, but this has been better.

I hope we get a good few long seasons out of it unlike other recent great dramas like Luther where we only get 6 episodes!

Is Luther not on it's 3rd season??

I'll keep an eye out for PB, thanks.

Godsahibby
09-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Yeah just finished but each season has only had about 4 episodes.

Betty Boop
11-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Cillian Murphy swoon ! :greengrin

Wembley67
11-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Yeah just finished but each season has only had about 4 episodes.

Ahhh, never knew that...just started watching the first episode.

Sylar
11-10-2013, 03:53 PM

I've also quite enjoyed By Any Means on the BBC the past couple of weeks - a bit like Hustle meets Burn Notice :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-10-2013, 04:48 PM
I've also quite enjoyed By Any Means on the BBC the past couple of weeks - a bit like Hustle meets Burn Notice :agree:

Its a strange one that, its so bad its actually become quite addictive viewing! Not sure why tho! :confused:

If we are chucking new programmes out there Bates Motel on Universal has been quite good so far and The Blacklist on Living looks quite promising too.

I'm halfway through Orphan Black which is being shown on BBC3 just now, good entertainment.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-10-2013, 09:00 PM
The end of the series leaves it wide open for season two to come along.

HibbyAndy
18-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Im into my soaps..Emmerdale quite gripping just now , ( Glad Marlon survived BTW) And Corrie wee David getting grief cause he tried to kill his brother...Eh, Hullo..His brother pumped his wife and hes getting the sympathy vote ???!!!

Eastenders dinnae get me started oan David Wicks!!

KdyHby
28-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Looking forward to series 2 starting Thursday, BBC 2 at 9.

Betty Boop
28-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Looking forward to series 2 starting Thursday, BBC 2 at 9.

Me too ! :drool:

Mon Dieu4
06-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Well that was easily as good as anything the U.S. comes up with on a fraction of the budget:top marks

TRC
06-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Sherlock is one of my favorites shame itīs only three episodes every year and its on a two year break. Has anyone watched ripper street any good?

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Aye, Ripper Street is right up there with Peaky Blinders, BBC at its best.

Betty Boop
08-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Well that was easily as good as anything the U.S. comes up with on a fraction of the budget:top marks

Yea fantastic viewing and drooling ! :greengrin

Mon Dieu4
08-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Yea fantastic viewing and drooling ! :greengrin

Sounds like you would have been more nervous than me in the last few minutes :cb