PDA

View Full Version : Bands/Artists you hate but everybody else loves

Sylar
03-10-2013, 11:56 PM
The opposite of a 'guilty pleasures' style thread I suppose - what really popular bands out there can you not stand? Bands which are inescapable at functions/gigs/playlists etc that really make you groan as everyone gets up to dance and sing along?

This came up because I overheard a large group of freshers in our coffee shop today squealing about One Direction and the hype over utter dirge never fails to amaze me.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - I've even seen them live 3 times but I despise them.
Radiohead - I like some of their songs but for the most part find them dull, pretentious and grossly overrated.
Nickelback - One of the truly awful bands to ever walk the planet IMO :agree:
Kings of Leon - Dreadful, mundane, repetitive and charmless yet Sex on Fire and Use Somebody are monotonously pulled out at every wedding, birthday party or club evening on Earth.
The Beatles - I'm often labelled a heathen by the music snobs but I despise The Beatles - I appreciate their role in music history but I find their music painfully ordinary to listen to.
Smashing Pumpkins - with the exception of one song (Bullet with Butterfly Wings), I loathe the Pumpkins - his voice, without exaggeration, hurts my ears.
Abba - I swear someone once hypnotised me to commit acts of mass murder and set Waterloo as the trigger...I have an irrational hatred of Abba.
U2 - I hate, hate, HATE U2 - I can't stand that pious, smug prick who fronts them (he shall not be named) and their music is so unspectacular!
Nirvana - I grew up as a 'wee goth' (though I liked to refer to myself as a skater kid, as I wasn't quite that dark) and EVERYONE around me were huge Nirvana fans and worshiped the ground Cobain rotted beneath - I found them boring and quite talentless personally.

Now where's that tin hat...

Haymaker
04-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Nirvana
Oasis
The Beatles
U2
Hot water music
Pretty much anything in the UK "punk" scene rightnow.
RHCP
Lostprophets
Linkin park

brianmc
04-10-2013, 04:00 AM
Bowie-mumbling, off key drivel
Pink Floyd-mince without being stoned, just as mince if you are
Michael Jackson- if only he'd employed that doctor years earlier!

PeeJay
04-10-2013, 05:44 AM
Queen - Led Zepplin (great music, I just don't like the singers' voices) - and Oasis (a poor man's Slade...)

Holmesdale Hibs
04-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Coldplay are brutal. Whiney, depressing student pish.

easty
04-10-2013, 06:33 AM
Rolling Stones. Can't see what the big deal is at all.

bandylegs_jLeighton
04-10-2013, 06:41 AM
Bon jovi.

Especially living on a prayer. My idea of hell is that being played continuously in a confined room.

If it ever comes on during a night out I always exit the premises temporarily, because the only thing that makes it worse is when everyone sings along. Arrrrrrrghh!!!

BroxburnHibee
04-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Jessie J :agree:

McSwanky
04-10-2013, 07:14 AM
Neil Diamond. He's rubbish.

Hibrandenburg
04-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Runrig! For some reason they're loved over here but my skin crawls when I hear them.

Godsahibby
04-10-2013, 07:49 AM
The Killers
U2

Holmesdale Hibs
04-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Rolling Stones. Can't see what the big deal is at all.

That's ****in blasphemy!

CB_NO3
04-10-2013, 08:55 AM
The Beatles. Out all the 60s bands I think The Kinks, The Who, Small Faces and The Stones were all better.

Northernhibee
04-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Queen. Music for people who don't like music and Freddie Mercury was an average singer and a total, total ****. Not one good tune.

RoslinInstHibby
04-10-2013, 10:22 AM
The opposite of a 'guilty pleasures' style thread I suppose - what really popular bands out there can you not stand? Bands which are inescapable at functions/gigs/playlists etc that really make you groan as everyone gets up to dance and sing along?

This came up because I overheard a large group of freshers in our coffee shop today squealing about One Direction and the hype over utter dirge never fails to amaze me.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - I've even seen them live 3 times but I despise them.
Radiohead - I like some of their songs but for the most part find them dull, pretentious and grossly overrated.
Nickelback - One of the truly awful bands to ever walk the planet IMO :agree:
Kings of Leon - Dreadful, mundane, repetitive and charmless yet Sex on Fire and Use Somebody are monotonously pulled out at every wedding, birthday party or club evening on Earth.
The Beatles - I'm often labelled a heathen by the music snobs but I despise The Beatles - I appreciate their role in music history but I find their music painfully ordinary to listen to.
Smashing Pumpkins - with the exception of one song (Bullet with Butterfly Wings), I loathe the Pumpkins - his voice, without exaggeration, hurts my ears.
Abba - I swear someone once hypnotised me to commit acts of mass murder and set Waterloo as the trigger...I have an irrational hatred of Abba.
U2 - I hate, hate, HATE U2 - I can't stand that pious, smug prick who fronts them (he shall not be named) and their music is so unspectacular!
Nirvana - I grew up as a 'wee goth' (though I liked to refer to myself as a skater kid, as I wasn't quite that dark) and EVERYONE around me were huge Nirvana fans and worshiped the ground Cobain rotted beneath - I found them boring and quite talentless personally.

Now where's that tin hat...
great shouts on Nirvana, radiohead, Kings of leon & the smashing pumpkins!:agree: can i add the libertines / babyshambles

Northernhibee
04-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Prince. Talent free shortarse prick.

Haymaker
04-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Coldplay are brutal. Whiney, depressing student pish.

Agree. My old housemate played them ALL THE TIME. Horsepiss of a band.

Add to my list Muse, Kings of Leon, anything with Pete Docherty, Amy Winehouse and bruno Mars.

snooky
04-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Can't believe the amount of times the Beatles are mentioned above - go figure? :confused:

Never liked ...
Neil Diamond
Phil Collins
Lionel Ritchie
Simple Minds
Marty Pellow (WWW)

and, my all-time favourite loathsome performer is ...

Kenny Rogers

(a below-average pub singer, at best)

Haymaker
04-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Here's another: The Stone Roses. Awful.

Northernhibee
04-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Here's another: The Stone Roses. Awful.

Yep, Ian Brown is ****ing dreadful.

CropleyWasGod
04-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Fleetwood ****ing Mac

Oh, and Mumford and Sons.

Northernhibee
04-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Florence and the Machine. She just can't sing.

PeeJay
04-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Robbie Williams ... and two of the most "popular" artists in Germany: Helene Fischer and Andrea Berg ...

Jones28
04-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Muse - utter pish

Mr White
04-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Sex pistols. I get that they were hugely influential but their songs are unlistenable ***** to me.

marinello59
04-10-2013, 05:50 PM
The Wombles. Tree hugging wee *****.

Sylar
04-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Surprised at the 2 shouts for Muse - their new stuff is awful, sure, but to my mind, Origin of Symmetry is one of the best albums I own!

Matt Bellamy is incredibly talented as a musician (his piano skills are incredible!) but I can appreciate why his vocals might annoy people :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Queen. Music for people who don't like music and Freddie Mercury was an average singer and a total, total ****. Not one good tune.

Tosh, :wink: the best band ever imo and the best front man any band could ever have wanted. I saw them many times and he held the crowds from the playhouse to knebworth in the palm of his hand. :top marks

Frazerbob
05-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Prince. Talent free shortarse prick.

What ever you think of his music, branding him "talent free" is hilarious.

Frazerbob
05-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Beatles, Shones, Coldplay, KOL, Johnny Cash. Never got any of them.

sambajustice
05-10-2013, 09:17 AM
The Proclaimers. Couple of speccy radges!!!

BroxburnHibee
05-10-2013, 09:40 AM
What ever you think of his music, branding him "talent free" is hilarious.

Agreed - I'm not a big fan of his music either but there's a video on YouTube of him performing on 'While my guitar gently weeps' at a rock and roll hall of fame event.

One of the best solos I've seen - hardly talent free.

marinello59
05-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Fleetwood ****ing Mac

Oh, and Mumford and Sons.

What about the original Mac line up with Peter Green?

CropleyWasGod
05-10-2013, 10:19 AM
What about the original Mac line up with Peter Green?

They were sublime. Heard them on the radio through the week, which reminded me how good Green was.

I am of the school that says the band should've changed their name when Green left. To, as I put it, Fleetwood ****ing Mac. :greengrin

Still, they did have their plus points. If it hadn't been for Rumours, punk might not have happened. :cb

hibsbollah
05-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Can't believe the amount of times the Beatles are mentioned above - go figure? :confused:

Never liked ...
Neil Diamond
Phil Collins
Lionel Ritchie
Simple Minds
Marty Pellow (WWW)

and, my all-time favourite loathsome performer is ...

Kenny Rogers

(a below-average pub singer, at best)

An excellent list :agree: I wouldnt be able to stay in a room with a Phil Collins song playing. Some of the other lists on this thread defy belief...(Prince? Bowie?Stone Roses? seriously? )..theres no accounting for bad taste I guess...

Haymaker
05-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Surprised at the 2 shouts for Muse - their new stuff is awful, sure, but to my mind, Origin of Symmetry is one of the best albums I own!

Matt Bellamy is incredibly talented as a musician (his piano skills are incredible!) but I can appreciate why his vocals might annoy people :greengrin

He/they are talented but the music sucks mate!

Haymaker
05-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Here's another: The Black Eyed Peas.

grunt
05-10-2013, 02:07 PM

Rolling Stones. Can't see what the big deal is at all.These comments support my theory about perspective. I can understand that those born in the 80s might fail to appreciate the value of the 60s bands, but to me, someone who grew up in that decade, they will always be a part of my being, part of my life. I know it sounds rather trite, but I feel you kind of had to be there to recognise the earth shaking significance of their music.

Wilson
05-10-2013, 03:14 PM
These comments support my theory about perspective. I can understand that those born in the 80s might fail to appreciate the value of the 60s bands, but to me, someone who grew up in that decade, they will always be a part of my being, part of my life. I know it sounds rather trite, but I feel you kind of had to be there to recognise the earth shaking significance of their music.

At the same time their music endures. That has to mean something. Both have plenty of fans born well after the 60s. So not all old farts!

The thing to remember is each post is just someone's opinion. No right or wrong or more valid than the next. I like a few songs from a lot of the band's being decried.

hibsbollah
05-10-2013, 05:03 PM
At the same time their music endures. That has to mean something. Both have plenty of fans born well after the 60s. So not all old farts!

The thing to remember is each post is just someone's opinion. No right or wrong or more valid than the next. I like a few songs from a lot of the band's being decried.

Im sorry but I cant agree with the 'all opinions are equally valid' shtick. Anyone who doesnt rate Bowie is just plain WRONG :greengrin

Sumner
05-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Phil Collins (the anti-christ)
Cliff Richard (the closet wannabe Christ)
Genesis (on SO many levels)
Level 42 (on at least 42 levels)
Pink Floyd (over-serious dirge)
Fleetwood Mac (awful over-rated guff)
REO Speedwagon (middle of road crap)
Queen (Bohemian Rhapsody - most over-rated b0ll0cks of all time)
Simply Red (simply dire)
Dire Straits (direly simple)
The Kinks (3rd rate copyists)
ABBA (oompah oompah Euro pap)
Bruce Springsteen (hellish "voice")
Bob Dylan (also hellish voice, but sure he knows it at least)
The Cure (would rather have the f----g disease)
Robbie Williams (rather he had the disease.. any that renders him mute)
Annie Lennox (self-righteous bint)
Adele ("cheer up love, might never happen")

.. and anything X-Factor.. if you even glance at it, you're Cowell's whore.

Sumner
05-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Bruce Hornsby (remember that bell end?)
David Gray (like Bruce Hornsby, without the range - that's word-play kids)
James Blunt (rhyming slang, we all know it)
Ronan Keating (fakey voiced goose-farting-in-the-fog sounding git)
Michael McDonald (must be Ronan Keating's grandfather..)
Amy McDonald (another fake voiced individual.. who's breeding these off-tune howlers?)
Manic Keeech Preachers (Tolerate them, and your Children will be Next!)
Razorlight (Razor***** more like)
Whitney Houston (Aye yee aye yee aye...)
Mariah Carey (sing THE note - not 23, just the one note you cow)

.. so many to hate, so little time

BroxburnHibee
05-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Bruce Hornsby (remember that bell end?)
David Gray (like Bruce Hornsby, without the range - that's word-play kids)
James Blunt (rhyming slang, we all know it)
Ronan Keating (fakey voiced goose-farting-in-the-fog sounding git)
Michael McDonald (must be Ronan Keating's grandfather..)
Amy McDonald (another fake voiced individually.. who's breeding these off-tune howlers?)
Manic Keeech Preachers (Tolerate them, and your Children will be Next!)
Razorlight (Razor***** more like)
Whitney Houston (Aye yee aye yee aye...)
Mariah Carey (sing THE note - not 23, just the one note you cow)

.. so many to hate, so little time

:hilarious

brianmc
05-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Dinnae haud back Sumner FFS :)
Is there anybody you like?

yeezus.
05-10-2013, 06:14 PM
The Beatles, bought one of their albums years ago and now I despise all of their songs.

Hiber-nation
05-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Stevie Wonder
Iggy & the Stooges
Talking Heads
Beck

Some of the artists mentioned in this thread are despised by everyone I know (hopefully).

Sir David Gray
05-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Seriously can't stand Lady Gaga.

Northernhibee
05-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Seriously can't stand Lady Gaga.

She's as pretentious and as fake as they come.

Also got a huge dislike of Ocean Colour Scene, never seen them as anything other than a really bad pub band.

Peevemor
05-10-2013, 11:12 PM
The Doors

Derek Dougan
06-10-2013, 08:26 AM
In no particular order

Roxy Music
Mumford & Sons
Cliff Richard
Every boy band
Coldplay

Music for bedwetters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

The Modfather
06-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Biffy Clyro, every album sounds the same!

Pretty Boy
06-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Another vote for Muse here.

Quite glad to see them get a couple of mentions here as i thought i was in a club of one. I got dragged to see them at Wembley a few years ago and was bored stiff, it was over the top nonsense. Everyone else there was going on about it being the best gig they had ever been to.

Kings of Leon had 2 good albums, 1 average album and have been pish since yet have become more popular as their music has worsened.

brianmc
06-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Seems like I'm in the fortunate position of being unable to name a single Muse song.
Ignorance is indeed bliss.

Sylar
06-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Seems like I'm in the fortunate position of being unable to name a single Muse song.
Ignorance is indeed bliss.

You lie...

cocteautwin
07-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Simply Red (simply dire)

Can't believe they only get one mention. Does anyone remember the sublime web site www.mickhucknall.com back when it was a sublime nasty web site taking the piss out of celebs instead of the current homage to the ginger tw**?

Pretty Boy
07-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Can't believe they only get one mention. Does anyone remember the sublime web site www.mickhucknall.com back when it was a sublime nasty web site taking the piss out of celebs instead of the current homage to the ginger tw**?

I only never mentioned Simply Red as i just assumed everyone hated them.

Northernhibee
07-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Another vote for Muse here.

Quite glad to see them get a couple of mentions here as i thought i was in a club of one. I got dragged to see them at Wembley a few years ago and was bored stiff, it was over the top nonsense. Everyone else there was going on about it being the best gig they had ever been to.

Kings of Leon had 2 good albums, 1 average album and have been pish since yet have become more popular as their music has worsened.

Saw Muse at TITP 2004 and they were fab. Saw them again in 2007 and what a load of ****. I personally hate pointless guitar solos and that's what we seemed to get all night.

KOL are an absolute abomination when you think how good those first two albums still are.

Mr White
07-10-2013, 04:42 PM
KOL are an absolute abomination when you think how good those first two albums still are.
:agree: bland and boring compared to the first 2.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-10-2013, 12:47 AM
I know not everybody likes them, but, wtf are the scissor sisters all about? An abomination of a "band"!

Gatecrasher
08-10-2013, 06:47 AM
Jessie J :agree:

I actually can't stand her, to the extent I have to change the channel. Noise pollution is what she is.
Miley Cyrus is another one I can't stand.

lyonhibs
08-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Some of the shouts on this thread are bonkers, but I guess that is the point.

Prince - "talent free" aye???

My top 5 for the chopping block.

ABBA - disgusting *****
Pulp - Jarvis Cocker was, is and will forever be an absolute bellend
QOTSA - saw them live once and honestly thought the lead singer was either experiencing a nervous breakdown on stage or his voice was in the process of breaking. An absolute dirge from start to finish.
Morrissey - boring, boring, depressing, vegetarian, smug c***.
Any one of the 250 white kidz from Landaaan who appear to be making an extraordinary amount of money by talking (nothing musical about it) in their tragic accents about how some girl or boy is "really fit". What was that song: "She's fit but my gosh don't she know it". No thanks.

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Paul McCartney...............not too fussed about the Beatles either.
Thin Lizzy
Iron Maiden
Status Quo
Morrisey
Black Sabbath
Cilla Black
Lulu
Des O' Connor

Big Ed
09-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Paul McCartney...............not too fussed about the Beatles either.
Cilla Black

Whaaaaaaaaaaatttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder you live here now :greengrin

matty_f
09-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Green Day and Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Also Foo Fighters, now I think about it.

Eminem and other rappers. Just pish!

shankssaysno
09-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Arctic monkeys
Beatles
cold play
The Who
Sting
Madness
Foo Fighters
Nickel back
Genesis
Ocean Colour Scene
And any boy/girl bands
Pop music in general

adhibs
09-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Only one band although i wouldnt say everyone likes them, but they seem popular enough. Biffy ****ing clyro

also absolute hate all that shan dance music labeld edm

Bunter
09-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Stone Roses
Libertines
Babyshambles
Beady Eye

All of them completely beyond me why they are so popular. Derivative at best, downright plagiarists at worst.

Sir David Gray
09-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Green Day and Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Also Foo Fighters, now I think about it.

Eminem and other rappers. Just pish!

:shocked: :grr: :shocked: :grr:

Not that fond of his latest stuff but his early material and first three albums are different class.

.Sean.
09-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Coldplay. Muse. Mumford & Sons. Snow Patrol. And the Kings of Leon are absolute horse****** these days but Youth and Young Manhood and Aha Shake Heartbreak will never be any less than excellent.

Pretty Boy
09-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Coldplay. Muse. Mumford & Sons. Snow Patrol. And the Kings of Leon are absolute horse****** these days but Youth and Young Manhood and Aha Shake Heartbreak will never be any less than excellent.

I think that's why i hate Kings of Leon so much these day.

Those 2 albums were absolutely different class and i could even tolerate the 3rd album (the name escapes me) but since then they have become a joke yet everyone seems to love them.

I can't decide whether i want to throw up or cry when i hear Sex is on ****ing Fire.

Pretty Boy
09-10-2013, 11:08 PM
:shocked: :grr: :shocked: :grr:

Not that fond of his latest stuff but his early material and first three albums are different class.

I concur.

The 1st and 2nd albums are outstanding stuff. Some parts funny, a lot raw and genuinely angry.

He should just retire now though, he's pretty much become a parody of himself.

Sir David Gray
09-10-2013, 11:45 PM
I concur.

The 1st and 2nd albums are outstanding stuff. Some parts funny, a lot raw and genuinely angry.

He should just retire now though, he's pretty much become a parody of himself.

:agree: Most of the stuff on The Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show is just genius.

I'm not even a huge rap/hip hop fan (although I do quite like selected songs from other artists) but I don't think it does him any justice at all to class him alongside "other rap artists". Eminem is a music legend, in my opinion, and will be remembered for many years to come.

I keep hoping for him to go back to producing the kind of music he was bringing out 12 or 13 years ago.

Absolutely brilliant.

Just gutted I didn't manage to see him live. I booked tickets to see him back in 2005 at Murrayfield, only for him to cancel due to exhaustion. :boo hoo:

Tried to get tickets for his gig at Bellahouston Park in August this year but they were sold out.

.Sean.
10-10-2013, 08:16 AM

Those 2 albums were absolutely different class and i could even tolerate the 3rd album (the name escapes me) but since then they have become a joke yet everyone seems to love them.

I can't decide whether i want to throw up or cry when i hear Sex is on ****ing Fire.

It's Use Somebody I really, really, really cannot tolerate. It often comes on the radio when i'm at work and it sorely tempts me to dip into my toolbag for a hacksaw to rip my ears off with.

KingFranck
10-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Simply Red and The Beatles cant stand them

KingFranck
10-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Kings of Leon are a victim of their own success S** on Fire was played to death on the radio but I still listen to the Bucket, Molleys Chambers and the Because of the Night LP

matty_f
13-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Paul Weller. I absolutely love The Jam but Weller's solo stuff does nothing for me.

Mr White
13-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Paul Weller. I absolutely love The Jam but Weller's solo stuff does nothing for me.

Even tracks like Bitterness Rising and Hung Up?

Northernhibee
13-10-2013, 12:13 PM
I really don't like Snow Patrol - the first two albums before were absolutely different class but once Eyes Open came out they were the blandest ****ers around.

Also having seen both J. Marr and Morrissey in the past three years I'd love to see a Smiths reunion without the ego of Moz ruining the classics.

Hiber-nation
13-10-2013, 12:18 PM

I'm in the same boat, was a huge Jam fan but just can't get into much of his stuff at all, only Stanley Road does it for me (which according to my Weller loving colleague isn't anywhere near his best).

SteveHFC
13-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Macklemore

Although this song is quite decent :duck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zNSgSzhBfM

Northernhibee
13-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Lots of others hate him too, but that Robin Thicke really is a total ****.

SteveHFC
13-10-2013, 02:54 PM

:top marks

Pretty Boy
13-10-2013, 03:21 PM

When i saw that performance with Miley Cyrus my 1st reaction was that George Michael had let himself go again.

Hibbyradge
13-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Too much hate on this thread.

Man.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/0/08/Gandalf-hippy.jpg

Jonnyboy
13-10-2013, 06:15 PM
U2
Morrissey
Springstein

marinello59
13-10-2013, 06:22 PM
U2
Morrissey
Springstein

A bit unfair. He is one of the better Jewish tribute acts to the Boss. :agree:

Jonnyboy
13-10-2013, 07:41 PM
A bit unfair. He is one of the better Jewish tribute acts to the Boss. :agree:

:greengrin Ye ken whae ah meant :wink:

Jones28
13-10-2013, 10:27 PM

You could take the last 3 KOL albums and make one fantastic album out of it.
They're still one of my favourite bands though.

I love green day but anything post American Idiot is utter guff.

brian6-2
14-10-2013, 05:32 PM
beatles
kasabian
u2

Flo1898
14-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Nickelback, Nickelback and Nickelback.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire HD A9191 mit Tapatalk 2

Sylar
14-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Nickelback, Nickelback and Nickelback.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire HD A9191 mit Tapatalk 2

If you play Nickelback songs backwards, you can hear messages from the Devil. Even worse, if you play it forwards, you hear Nickelback :greengrin

lobster
14-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Manic Street ****ers :wink:

Brilliant thread btw. A great read. :thumbsup:

Geo_1875
15-10-2013, 05:44 AM
Never got Simple Minds.

matty_f
15-10-2013, 12:36 PM
The Killers are another one. They sound like a Shed Seven tribute act.

Aldo
15-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Manic Street ****ers :wink: Brilliant thread btw. A great read. :thumbsup:

Fwiw the loudest gig I've ever been at - Livi Forum

Northernhibee
16-10-2013, 06:19 AM
Sting. Saw him on Jools and loudly shouted **** at the telly in an involuntary action.

He even just sits there like a prick.

lapsedhibee
16-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Sting. Saw him on Jools and loudly shouted **** at the telly in an involuntary action.

He even just sits there like a prick.

That should really be a separate thread though: People who really annoy you by the way they sit even though everyone else thinks they sit ok.

Northernhibee
17-10-2013, 08:26 PM

Just look at him.

Prick.

Mr White
17-10-2013, 08:38 PM

Just look at him.

Prick.
slight resemblance to Gazza in that photo.

lapsedhibee
17-10-2013, 09:50 PM

Just look at him.

Prick.

Mean, moody and pricklike.