PDA

View Full Version : Fan pays to play and pays the price.

Time For Heroes
08-08-2013, 09:35 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/macclesfield-town-fan-who-paid-2138545#ixzz2bKFOIHtY

Thought id share this, dunno why but made me giggle.
I hope the fans chanted "what a waste of money"

Cabbage East
08-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Macclesfield Town fan who paid £10,000 to play for club lasts 10 minutes after double injury shocker
7 Aug 2013 22:08
James Gorfin "smashed by Stoke" in friendly and limps off hurt with groin injury in front of his wife and kitted-out sons

10-minute man: Businessman James Gorfin turns out for Macclesfield Town... but doesn't last long

A man who paid £10,000 to play in a professional football match limped off hurt after just 10 minutes.

James Gorfin, 40, turned out for cash-strapped Macclesfield Town in their friendly with Stoke.

But the businessman's dreams of a future in top flight football ended in disappointment after a crunching tackle followed by a groin injury as he over-reached himself for a cross.

James, who came on as substitute in Saturday’s match, said: “I think everyone reckons they could do better when watching a game but it’s not as easy as that.

“You think you’d have loads of time on the ball but it’s pretty mental how quick the game is and I did get smashed by one of the Stoke lads when I got one of my passes away.”

With wife Nicky and his kitted-out sons Noah and Xavier watching in the stands, James came close to scoring off a perfect cross but aggravated a groin injury as he stretched to meet the ball and limped out of the match shortly afterwards.

He added: “Obviously I’d have loved to have got on that cross and scored but I couldn’t quite sprint quickly enough to get on the end of it.

“I tried to put a burst on and when I stretched, that’s when it went, I felt it straight away.

“I was pretty gutted, it would have been unbelievable if I’d got on the end of that and scored.

“I’m limping around and it’s still hurting but a few drinks in the bar afterwards helped me to recover.

“Before I left, I did mention that if they ever get really short they could give me a ring ... I don’t expect they’ll ever be that short though! ”

Watch the video of the short-lived debut...

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/macclesfield-town-fan-who-paid-2138545#ixzz2bPrMTckq
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Hibercelona
09-08-2013, 01:27 AM
I'd pay handsomely to play in this weekends derby if I could. Just so I could snap the man with the whistle in half.

VivaHiberña
09-08-2013, 02:57 AM
Xavier Gorfin? Parents James and Nicky.

Am I missing something?