PDA

View Full Version : Let's Work Together Meet the Hibs Board at the next meeting Wed 7th August 6.30pm West Stand Easter Road

RIP
29-07-2013, 05:47 PM
This time last year we held an open Q&A session with management to identify what were the key issues for Hibs Supporters - both on and off the park.

For this meeting we will have an update on Green Views and Vision and then will open up the floor of the meeting for you to share your ideas, opinions, concerns and questions on the present status of Hibernian Football Club.

If you haven't been before and would like to come along please pm your contact details. We need this for building security

Mikey
30-07-2013, 07:00 AM
will open up the floor of the meeting for you to share your ideas, opinions, concerns and questions on the present status of Hibernian Football Club.

Right folks, here's your chance to get out from behind your computer and get your views put directly to the club.

MB62
30-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Would absolutely love to but it's the last bowls league game of the season and we are involved in a relegation battle so my services are required elsewhere :wink:

One or two questions do spring to mind, if it is allowed to ask?

Mikey
30-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Would absolutely love to but it's the last bowls league game of the season and we are involved in a relegation battle so my services are required elsewhere :wink:

One or two questions do spring to mind, if it is allowed to ask?

I'm sure there will be someone there who can ask any questions for you. It's sure to be busy as so many refuse to accept mediocrity and this is their big chance.

Speedway
30-07-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm sure there will be someone there who can ask any questions for you. It's sure to be busy as so many refuse to accept mediocrity and this is their big chance.

:greengrin

I'd love to be there, but I've contracted housewife's knee and can't be arsed.

Please can I stay in the majority by making no effort at all, then complain bitterly when it all goes tits up further down the road and call for Petrie's ousting, citing lack of communication with the average supporter and being out of touch with the punter in the street?

CyberSauzee
30-07-2013, 12:58 PM
:greengrin

I'd love to be there, but I've contracted housewife's knee and can't be arsed.

Please can I stay in the majority by making no effort at all, then complain bitterly when it all goes tits up further down the road and call for Petrie's ousting, citing lack of communication with the average supporter and being out of touch with the punter in the street?

Just stay at home and get Sidney to write you a letter?

FranckSuzy
30-07-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm happy to be accused of taking 'cash for questions' ;)

RIP
30-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the PM's so far - it will be good to see new faces so we can't be accused of being the usual lynch mob :greengrin

Pretty Boy
30-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Would love to go to this one but night shifts mean I just can't.

Obvious one but can someone ask what Pat Fenlons targets are for league position and cup runs this year.

Keith_M
30-07-2013, 01:30 PM
I hope the people that complain on here the most are actually going to attend.

As someone that isn't able to make it (I'm abroad) could someone ask my question for me?

"Having last week watched how a decent team play, movement off the ball and fast, decisive passing, what is Mr Fenlon's philosophy on how the game should be played and how does it square with how we currently play?"

JustSimplyHibs
30-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Would love to go to this one but night shifts mean I just can't.

Obvious one but can someone ask what Pat Fenlons targets are for league position and cup runs this year.

And if he reply's by saying the usual drivel of "a top 6 finish is the aim with a decent cup run blah blah blah blah", should be shot down in flames with responses such as, "where's your ambition man" or,

"do you honestly think that is acceptable?" or,

"why do you and the club show lack of ambition which is disheartening to hear and what example does that show our future footballers by handing the West Coast teams the league/cups every season, in fact what is the point in having a league if clubs bend over and take it all ways to the West siders... no wonder our game is poor when we have clubs showing lack of ambition, every season - with players willing to accept they are inferior".

Last Minute
30-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Yes please, would live to attend

PatHead
30-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Gogs- would it be possible for an edited version to be put on Hibs TV? That way people who can't attend this meeting could get a feel for LWT and how they interact with the board/management? Might even boost sales of Hibs TV.

lord bunberry
30-07-2013, 02:28 PM
And if he reply's by saying the usual drivel of "a top 6 finish is the aim with a decent cup run blah blah blah blah", should be shot down in flames with responses such as, "where's your ambition man" or,

"why do you and the club show lack of ambition which is disheartening to hear and what example does that show our future footballers by handing the West Coast teams the league/cups every season, in fact what is the point in having a league if clubs bend over and take it all ways to the West siders... no wonder our game is poor when we have clubs showing lack of ambition, every season - with players willing to accept they are inferior".

Why don't you go and say those things

greenlex
30-07-2013, 02:48 PM

**** me your having a rant about a question that hasn't been asked yet and you've answered it for him. Deary me.

lyonhibs
30-07-2013, 07:28 PM

:hilarious

Fair play to the board. I expect the hard questions will be asked. My location precludes me from attending but my questions would be:

What is the board's minimum expectations for a final league position, accounting for the fact that this is Fenlon's 3rd season in charge and the comparative fan bases and financial position of the other SPL teams?

Pat Fenlon has led us to 2 bottom 6 finishes and 2 of the worst results in our history. This season, Hibs starting 11 will truly be his team. What does the board say to reassure the many Hibs fans who are running out (or have run out) of patience with our poor league performances and pedestrian football?

Growing attendances and ensuring the fanbase for the future must be one of the board's main concerns, for the health of the club on and off the park. Aside from an improved league performance, what iniatives are the club going to undertake, either at grass-roots or in terms of mainstream PR, to ensure that the current and next generation of fans regularly attend Easter Road, bearing in mind the stiff competition that Hibs face for people's time and money from other hobbies/pursuits?

Eyrie
30-07-2013, 08:01 PM
One suggestion I'd like put forward - would the club consider permanently retiring the #5 shirt in honour of the Famous Five?

bighairyfaeleith
30-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Can someone ask why the board have not yet started negotiations over Fenlons contracts, I believe it expires next summer FFS!!

Time For Heroes
30-07-2013, 08:17 PM
One suggestion I'd like put forward - would the club consider permanently retiring the #5 shirt in honour of the Famous Five?

Awesome idea!

col02
30-07-2013, 08:20 PM

Classy! :thumbsup:

Eyrie
30-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Awesome idea!

Classy! :thumbsup:

Wasn't me who first suggested it, but I'm in favour.

RIP
31-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Gogs- would it be possible for an edited version to be put on Hibs TV? That way people who can't attend this meeting could get a feel for LWT and how they interact with the board/management? Might even boost sales of Hibs TV.

It's a good idea KM - one that's been floated before

I'll ask Andrew

Hibby_Paul
31-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Would like to have gone but on holiday.

Hope someone can ask some tough questions about the new strip launch and lack of stock / lack of kids shirts / no female design etc. Especially so given the lost £ the club have probably had after so many folk recently went to get strips to find there were none!

Seemed to be similar problems last year where there was huge wait to get puma shirts back in stock in larger adult sizes. Really doesn't sound like anyone has done a good job here!

southsider
31-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Can someone ask "after Malmo how the hell is PF still in a job ?"

Mikey
04-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Bump!!

CallumLaidlaw
04-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Bump!!

This could be an interesting meeting now!!

adhibs
04-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Can someone ask "after Malmo how the hell is PF still in a job ?"

Or how after fenlon, calderwood, hughes, mixu and collins petries still in a job?

Hibeesforever
04-08-2013, 07:38 PM
I would like to go to this event. Site won't let me PM.
Today a twenty minute wait with the kids and then to be told no pizza, coupled with no girls kit in the shop is not good enough.
Oh and on Thursday, when Hibs were 0-4 down I was not allowed either a free coca cola cup or to purchase a second one to split up a bottle of coke.
Couldn't care less about the manager, just want the simple things taken care of so my kids want to go back. Service we have had has been truly dreadful.

Diclonius
04-08-2013, 07:40 PM
I'd be there if I still lived in Edinburgh. Oh well. :greengrin

Mikey
04-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Site won't let me PM.

You should be able to. Check your settings in Forum Actions, General Settings.

Private Messaging should be ON.

RIP
05-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Should be a packed session.
But, I bet it isn't.

How much do you want to bet Sloop? Going by PM's received I would suggest otherwise

For those attending, please turn up from 6.15. Late arrivals are not guaranteed a seat!! :greengrin

RIP
06-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Last minute note to remind all that unless you have attended a meeting before attendees need to drop me a pm with name, mobile number and email address

ancient hibee
06-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Would like to go but will be sailing doon the watter on the Waverley.No jokes about another sinking ship please.

Gerard
06-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Would like to go but will be sailing doon the watter on the Waverley.No jokes about another sinking ship please.

I agree one sinking ship is more than enough:hibees

Moon unit
07-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Awesome idea!

Sorry guys, I disagree. I am an old school 1-11 man, think they should fund the building of a statue outside ER. I think LR would love the thought of a young guy doing the shirt proudly for Hibs in future years.

Speedway
07-08-2013, 07:49 PM
How's the meeting going?

Mikey
07-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Anyone who was there able to report back?

Time For Heroes
07-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Sounds ominous ;0)

Eric
07-08-2013, 09:25 PM

Sorry can't say, having been sworn to secrecy,:wink:

steakbake
07-08-2013, 09:28 PM

Aye, went fine. Agenda points A to Z were Sidney's letters. Slowed things down a bit.

Gerard
07-08-2013, 09:30 PM

I am also sworn to secrecy:wink: Like Eric

Jonnyboy
07-08-2013, 09:32 PM

I am also sworn to secrecy:wink: Like Eric

I see the open and transparent idea has died a death :greengrin

Gerard
07-08-2013, 09:45 PM
I see the open and transparent idea has died a death :greengrin

Interesting point Mr JC. If you were to join the group we could then tell you:wink: LWT is a hard working group that has done a lot of good to foster good communications between the fans and the Hibs board.:wink:

Jonnyboy
07-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Interesting point Mr JC. If you were to join the group we could then tell you:wink: LWT is a hard working group that has done a lot of good to foster good communications between the fans and the Hibs board.:wink:

Agreed Gerard. So, when are we being told? :greengrin

FranckSuzy
07-08-2013, 10:24 PM
It was nice to put faces to the names tonight :agree: The initiation ceremony was a bit daunting but I'm sure, after a few weeks rest, I'll be able to walk again :greengrin

Very interesting meeting with lots of good ideas raised. Various points were covered from BTG, lack of information from Hibs (from signings to Maybury to the *Malmo game etc, etc). Concerns were raised about the quality of the strip, quality of the team :rolleyes:, Why can't we recruit Managers who play 'The Hibs Way', suggestions about a Director of Football, staffing levels, signage on the stadium/a crest, stock levels and many more subjects that I can't recall of hand.

*Oh, after the Malmo game, RP HAD written a statement but was persuaded not to go ahead as it was felt there was a media storm around Hibs and that a official statement would just have added fuel to the fire. Hibs feel some/most (?) of the media coverage has been particularly harsh/unfair.

There was a very strange agenda item tho', with something called Leith Link included :dunno: I did a wee 15 mins talk about the fund, an intro then an update of amount raised, Facebook/Twitter/forums reach, Jimmy Boco being onside (!) :greengrin the amount of tickets purchased and DDs/SOs set up and that 100% of monies raised goes towards KfKs STS. I got a round of applause :blushie: and thanks on behalf of Hibs from Russell Smith :aok: A mention was made of a link on the fishy site to LL's and Russell seemed quite receptive.

Eh, that's all I can remember just now :greengrin

:idiot: Forgot a biggie! Someone asked how Hibs were placed IF STF were to want out (he doesn't)/shuffle off this mortal coil. A firm reassurance was given that Hibs have sustainable debt, like a mortgage, so would be at NO risk whatsoever :aok:

Edit: Hibs would only confirm that Paddy McCourt is training with us....

Edit x 2: Someone else asked why there appeared to be a disconnect between the way the Hibs Youth Team play (on the deck) and then when they make the step up to the First Team (it seems to be hoofball). The point was disputed but taken on board......

Twiglet
07-08-2013, 11:16 PM
It was nice to put faces to the names tonight The initiation ceremony was a bit daunting but I'm sure, after a few weeks rest, I'll be able to walk again

Very interesting meeting with lots of good ideas raised. Various points were covered from BTG, lack of information from Hibs (from signings to Maybury to the *Malmo game etc, etc). Concerns were raised about the quality of the strip, quality of the team , Why can't we recruit Managers who play 'The Hibs Way', suggestions about a Director of Football, staffing levels, signage on the stadium/a crest, stock levels and many more subjects that I can't recall of hand.

*Oh, after the Malmo game, RP HAD written a statement but was persuaded not to go ahead as it was felt there was a media storm around Hibs and that a official statement would just have added fuel to the fire. Hibs feel some/most (?) of the media coverage has been particularly harsh/unfair.

There was a very strange agenda item tho', with something called Leith Link included I did a wee 15 mins talk about the fund, an intro then an update of amount raised, Facebook/Twitter/forums reach, Jimmy Boco being onside (!) :greengrin the amount of tickets purchased and DDs/SOs set up and that 100% of monies raised goes towards KfKs STS. I got a round of applause :blushie: and thanks on behalf of Hibs from Russell Smith :aok: A mention was made of a link on the fishy site to LL's and Russell seemed quite receptive.

Eh, that's all I can remember just now :greengrin

:idiot: Forgot a biggie! Someone asked how Hibs were placed IF STF were to want out (he doesn't)/shuffle off this mortal coil. A firm reassurance was given that Hibs have sustainable debt, like a mortgage, so would be at NO risk whatsoever :aok:

Edit: Hibs would only confirm that Paddy McCourt is training with us....

The information you get when you get to these meetings :greengrin

There was a lot of information tonight.

IN regards to the Malmo game and the aftermath I think there was some unhappiness in the way some of the media wrote, it was more of an attack on Hibs than being written in a way that was more a critical analysis. They were knew that there was (rightly) criticism coming after that result.

There was a good Q&A at the start too. No shouting/aggression from anyone - just questions and well thought out statements to which management there answered as best they could in the time we had.

Good update from you too Suzy. You obviously are passionate about getting Leith Links to be a success and it appears to be building up well. (and don't be embarrassed, you deserved your round of applause, you've worked really hard):applause:

RIP
08-08-2013, 09:01 AM
I usually batter out an update - I took 11 pages of notes. But there were 45 people at the meeting and I'm sure Hibs.Net readers would rather read their take on proceedings than listen to the 'usual suspects' :greengrin.

I'd like to correct a misconception raised by a couple of new attendees. Let's Work Together is not a Board / Management initiative. It was started by supporters who were disatisfied with the way the club was being managed and were prepared to go to Easter Road to speak directly to those in charge. It has now evolved into a partnership where we challenge the status quo and put teams together with management to generate improvements. These meetings and projects are a great way of understanding how the club is run, what long (many unpaid) hours the Hibs-mad management team work and how tight resources are. By adding volunteer resource into that environment we are enabling the club to do more without costing the club more money.

One bugbear is when management or Board members still mistakenly and annoyingly refer to themselves as "The Club". They have never been, are not now and never will be "The Club". They are (temporary) managers of the club. The Club is the whole Hibernian FC family i.e. Our History, Supporters, Board, Organisations, Players, Coaches, Management, Former Players, Community Foundation.

At last night's meeting The Club had a wide coverage - individuals, Board, Management,The Hibernians, Branch members, Erin Trust, Historical Trust. Previous meetings have been attended by Former Players, Community Foundation, Academy staff, Pat Fenlon. LWT's aim is to be as broad a church as possible with meetings open to all. To date we have studiously avoided leaders, committees, minutes, publicity and all the administrative paraphernelia that is a barrier to getting things done. LWT needs to be judged not by what it says, but by what it delivers

Aiming to publish an annual review before the summer is out. To include letters and articles on Hibs from a number of contributing groups with a focus on a new vision and culture for the club entitled "Winning - The Hibernian Way"

GGTTH

WestStandMoaner
08-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Went to the meeting last night, never been before, I would reccommend LWT, if you are passionate and interested in Hibs, I can,t understand why there is not more Hibbies attending, great opportunity to get your points over and to hear the boards proposals and ideas for the future.

P.S Also gave me an opportunity to have a moan :flag:

Mikey
08-08-2013, 01:23 PM
I'd like to correct a misconception raised by a couple of new attendees. Let's Work Together is not a Board / Management initiative. It was started by supporters who were disatisfied with the way the club was being managed and were prepared to go to Easter Road to speak directly to those in charge.

I thought it was David Forsyth's idea, implemented after Fife and Scott left :dunno:

Jack
08-08-2013, 01:51 PM
I thought it was David Forsyth's idea, implemented after Fife and Scott left :dunno:

The title was certainly David's idea but I think the idea of supporters nipping the clubs heid and the club and supporters working together to improve the club has come from so many things over the years I don't think this current configuration could be credited to anyone.

Having said that I don't think it matters who, IMO LWT has fair burst on the scene with a lot of great stuff having been done and ideas from the group implemented by the club ... and there's more to come.

RIP
08-08-2013, 03:06 PM
The title was certainly David's idea but I think the idea of supporters nipping the clubs heid and the club and supporters working together to improve the club has come from so many things over the years I don't think this current configuration could be credited to anyone.

Having said that I don't think it matters who, IMO LWT has fair burst on the scene with a lot of great stuff having been done and ideas from the group implemented by the club ... and there's more to come.

Well said that man!

After speaking to a number of groups, I sent an initial written proposal to Fyfe in October 2011 and we held a series of meetings. Can post up a copy if anyone thinks it would benefit. Fyfe was really keep on moving on from forums into a real engagement with supporters. It kind of flumped along after he left in 2012 until we got horsed by the Jambos and then management including Rod were all over us like a blooming rash.

We launched in July with a name picked out by David Forsyth who had been handed the job of management liason and he, Bruce, Brian, Colin, Russell, Garry, Andrew and John have very supportive and got on board with most of our ideas. Rod makes no commitment to attend which I reckon says a lot more about him than about those of us who attend

I just put the foundations and structure down and recruited new people in via threads, pm's and our LinkedIn set up by our newest pensioner. Without the ideas, skills, passion and energy of our fellow supporters it could have died a death. But every Hibby that's got involved has done us proud - whether as an individual, member of an association, management or board. It's a real hands on Hibs effort and it's been a real honour to meet so many people that dedicate hours per week to help develop our wonderful club

.:hibees

Purple & Green
08-08-2013, 08:35 PM
So what is the succession plan?

idiot: Forgot a biggie! Someone asked how Hibs were placed IF STF were to want out (he doesn't)/shuffle off this mortal coil. A firm reassurance was given that Hibs have sustainable debt, like a mortgage, so would be at NO risk whatsoever :aok:

FranckSuzy
08-08-2013, 10:12 PM
So what is the succession plan?

THAT was not divulged, only that the 'debt' is normal 'debt' and therefore manageable..... It was also emphasised that STF wanted, and still expects, Hibs to be self-sufficient so there would no issue should he not be around anymore. for whatever reason....

Lucius Apuleius
09-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Well said that man!

After speaking to a number of groups, I sent an initial written proposal to Fyfe in October 2011 and we held a series of meetings. Can post up a copy if anyone thinks it would benefit. Fyfe was really keep on moving on from forums into a real engagement with supporters. It kind of flumped along after he left in 2012 until we got horsed by the Jambos and then management including Rod were all over us like a blooming rash.

We launched in July with a name picked out by David Forsyth who had been handed the job of management liason and he, Bruce, Brian, Colin, Russell, Garry, Andrew and John have very supportive and got on board with most of our ideas. Rod makes no commitment to attend which I reckon says a lot more about him than about those of us who attend

I just put the foundations and structure down and recruited new people in via threads, pm's and our LinkedIn set up by our newest pensioner. Without the ideas, skills, passion and energy of our fellow supporters it could have died a death. But every Hibby that's got involved has done us proud - whether as an individual, member of an association, management or board. It's a real hands on Hibs effort and it's been a real honour to meet so many people that dedicate hours per week to help develop our wonderful club

.:hibees

2nd newest :wink: I would love to become a part but meeting on a set Wednesday of every month screws it up as I have other duties on that particular Wednesday for most of the year.:wink:

RIP
09-08-2013, 02:46 PM
2nd newest :wink: I would love to become a part but meeting on a set Wednesday of every month screws it up as I have other duties on that particular Wednesday for most of the year.:wink:

Most of the work is down outwith a Wednesday. We have a number of other projects on the go requiring volunteers. Keep an eye out for a new thread or drop me a pm if you are interested

GGTTH

Speedway
09-08-2013, 03:18 PM
So what actually happened then?

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Statement now on official site, regarding how generic emails will be dealt with going forward, which was discussed at LTW meeting on Wednesday....

Positive step IMO

down-the-slope
09-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Statement now on official site, regarding how generic emails will be dealt with going forward, which was discussed at LTW meeting on Wednesday....

Positive step IMO

:top marks we have discussed this on numerous occasions over past year and while we all want better communication from management on club issues the amount of the finite resources being used to deal with general individual emails is not sustainable - this should prove much more satisfactory. It will be important to both review principal and to see how management communicate on the hot topics.....

Twiglet
09-08-2013, 10:55 PM
:top marks we have discussed this on numerous occasions over past year and while we all want better communication from management on club issues the amount of the finite resources being used to deal with general individual emails is not sustainable - this should prove much more satisfactory. It will be important to both review principal and to see how management communicate on the hot topics.....

And where were you? :I'm waiti You had a slot to speak and you weren't there. Poor Jack got a tough time as everything was deflected on to him. :greengrin Big meanie that did it to him too.:wink:

down-the-slope
09-08-2013, 11:23 PM
And where were you? :I'm waiti You had a slot to speak and you weren't there. Poor Jack got a tough time as everything was deflected on to him. :greengrin Big meanie that did it to him too.:wink:

Was up in Perthshire Tues/Wed - had said to G would likley not make it ....... Jack 10835

enjoys the limelight...:greengrin

down-the-slope
12-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Wonder how meeting would have gone had it been this midweek :rolleyes:

WHUHibs
12-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Wonder how meeting would have gone had it been this midweek :rolleyes:

Timing is everything :greengrin